Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gaz-L posted:

I think they needed to make it clearer earlier that it was a Black Widow attacking Clint. Or maybe swap it so Kate and Yelena are fighting in the apartment and Clint's fighting Echo on the roof.

She pulls out the Widow's Bite pretty earlier on in the fight, but late enough there's still some "who else are they fighting?".

Man I am pumped for more now.

Codependent Poster posted:

The fifth and sixth episodes of Hawkeye are gonna have to do some pretty heavy lifting. This episode just adds more to the plate.

Who might the rolex belong to? It seems to be someone from Clint's past who is now undercover? We also still have the murder to figure out. Yelena's introduction means she'll be in the next two episodes too, so that conflict has to be resolved. Though you can already tell they're setting Kate and Yelena up as a team with how Clint talked about not taking the shot, and when Kate had the chance, she also passed it up.

There's a lot to do in two episodes. Hopefully they can wrap everything up in a satisfying way.

Yea I was thinking this too, by introducing [spoiler] Yelena[spoiler] it gives us a much much wider scope than Maya, the Tracksuits and whomever is above them. I am also now thinking the watch was Natasha's and has some kind of very unpleasant spy tech inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
bout time my girl Yelena showed up

tbh it's a small thing, but what really is getting me about Hawkeye is that it's setting up Thanos Was Right as some sort of meme at this point in time, which feels really weird to me, given the gravity of what happened. like, autie bishop went to store and picked up a mug saying Hitler was right that was just, on a endcap display or something

i did like Kate's cosmo shirt tho

site fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 8, 2021

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Gaz-L posted:

I think they needed to make it clearer earlier that it was a Black Widow attacking Clint. Or maybe swap it so Kate and Yelena are fighting in the apartment and Clint's fighting Echo on the roof.

I felt like it was obvious, but then again I knew she was going to be showing up. I imagine it wasn’t clear for those who hadn’t seen Black Widow or followed the show news.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

site posted:

tbh it's a small thing, but what really is getting me about Hawkeye is that it's setting up Thanos Was Right as some sort of meme at this point in time, which feels really weird to me, given the gravity of what happened. like, autie bishop went to store and picked up a mug saying Hitler was right that was just, on a endcap display or something

I don't know, how long before we saw 9/11 jokes? I could see some edgelord who didn't personally suffer during the Blip thinking the traffic was better or whatever.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

site posted:

It's not that weird, it's basically just the edgelord hipster way of saying the Flag Smashers were right. Less 'genocide is cool' more 'poo poo was better with half as many people'.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I don't know, how long before we saw 9/11 jokes? I could see some edgelord who didn't personally suffer during the Blip thinking the traffic was better or whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tmI-Rh2atM

About two weeks after. :D

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Gaz-L posted:

It's not that weird, it's basically just the edgelord hipster way of saying the Flag Smashers were right. Less 'genocide is cool' more 'poo poo was better with half as many people'.

i mean, i get that when it's lovely graffiti on the wall. but when it's on the side of a mug in some randos house it feels like normie-level commidification has taken it to a different level

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

In fairness, Gilbert got booed for that and responded by launching into a version of the Aristocrats.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

site posted:

i mean, i get that when it's lovely graffiti on the wall. but when it's on the side of a mug in some randos house it feels like normie-level commidification has taken it to a different level

Oh I missed that part.

VVVVVV That and a little Julian Barratt

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 8, 2021

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I realized what was bugging me about the mom's fiance actor. He's a gap tooth away from being Paul F. Tompkins doppelganger.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

My current theory is that the Rolex belongs to Jack and he's actually working undercover. He and Clint are just pretending not to know each other.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I realized what was bugging me about the mom's fiance actor. He's a gap tooth away from being Paul F. Tompkins doppelganger.

Gap tooth and a bow tie

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like the character moments in Hawkeye but the central mystery really isn't that gripping.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Clint fighting Echo on the roof okay but what reason would Yelena have for being in the apartment or attacking Kate? Echo and Yelena are clearly not on the same side in the fight and Yelena is after Clint specifically.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Gavok posted:

My current theory is that the Rolex belongs to Jack and he's actually working undercover. He and Clint are just pretending not to know each other.

It's got to be Laura's, she was probably his controller and was fairly high up in SHIELD.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

So if the series does actually introduce (reintroduce?) Fisk, what's the next thing he'd be in? Would we be waiting until the Echo show?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Lobok posted:

So if the series does actually introduce (reintroduce?) Fisk, what's the next thing he'd be in? Would we be waiting until the Echo show?

It's possible he could show up in No Way Home, but I could see him showing up in She-Hulk.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Klungar posted:

It's possible he could show up in No Way Home, but I could see him showing up in She-Hulk.

Ah right. Yeah, She-Hulk could be a good opportunity for someone else to show up as well.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Gavok posted:

One thing which hasn't been really explained, is *why* the Track Suit Mafia were specifically looking for it. Why would Maya even being looking for it? There was nothing initially to tie Ronin to Hawkeye until he started poking around. I don't think she started researching Clint's family until that happened.

If she and TSM had their doubts about their apparent boss Jack, and that watch has some vague or explicit tie to him, that might explain why they would try to obtain it.

Either way, it's still pretty weird that they would even be looking for the watch. I would think it has to be engraved with something to pique their interest.

I'm hopeful as well about Jack/Clint actually being buddies and him being undercover, but we're not getting any clear hints at that. One would think Laura would know Clint and Jack know each other if they do, but she really hasn't said anything about that. Especially after calling him out as the TSM boss.

Teek fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Dec 9, 2021

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

muscles like this! posted:

I like the character moments in Hawkeye but the central mystery really isn't that gripping.

yeah i get the feeling even the show itself doesn't care that much about it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Klungar posted:

Moon Knight maybe, as a tertiary villain. He probably won't be a main villain until Echo.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Skwirl posted:

Moon Knight maybe, as a tertiary villain. He probably won't be a main villain until Echo.

Yeah, I thought of Moon Knight, but I don’t think they want to step on Ethan Hawke or make the series too close to Daredevil 2.0

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Klungar posted:

Yeah, I thought of Moon Knight, but I don’t think they want to step on Ethan Hawke or make the series too close to Daredevil 2.0

Have they revealed who Hawke was playing yet? I saw an interview made while he was filming and he looked a lot like David Koresh (main guy in the Waco cult).

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Teek posted:

I'm hopeful as well about Jack/Clint actually being buddies and him being undercover, but we're not getting any clear hints at that. One would think Laura would know Clint and Jack know each other if they do, but she really hasn't said anything about that. Especially after calling him out as the TSM boss.

To be fair, she does start talking about the existence of the watch after namedropping Jack.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
So... uh... this is a thing

I assume the idea is probably Dick or Jason teaming with like, Damien, Cass and Steph.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hawkeye spoilers:

Kate and Yelena's scene was great and I really hope the two of them get paired up again soon. Their characters play off of each other so well. Also, we finally got to the Kingpin factory and of course, Kate's mom is evil. Though it's funny that it does look like Jack wasn't bad after all, which rules if it turns out he's been this goofy cool guy all along. But the logo with the Kingpin silhouette over it was a great way to cap off the show.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I thought the woman from Seinfeld sent her after Clint?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

omg chael crash posted:

I thought the woman from Seinfeld sent her after Clint?

She's just the broker.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
That reveal at the end was so poorly-executed and anti-climactic that I've made it my life's mission to make sure the directors never find work again. I will probably fail at this mission.

But. buuuuut.

Yelena's scene was so great that it made it all worthwhile. :allears:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

BrianWilly posted:

That reveal at the end was so poorly-executed and anti-climactic that I've made it my life's mission to make sure the directors never find work again. I will probably fail at this mission.

But. buuuuut.

Yelena's scene was so great that it made it all worthwhile. :allears:

I still got excited and grinned like a child. Hello, I’m over 40.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Joe Fisto posted:

I still got excited and grinned like a child. Hello, I’m over 40.

:same: and I'm almost 60.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i was grinning the whole time Kate and Yelena were together. typing up my demand to feige that they have a show right now

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
So is it possible [Hawkeye spoilers]

Kate's mom is extremely evil and just set Swordsman up? And even though he's incredibly sinister, he's actually a nice guy? Cause it seems like that's what we're dealing with. Yelena is wonderful. Very happy to have more of her after I loved her in Black Widow. I want to see those new suits, drat it. Stop teasing me for a full season, I already did this with Sam.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Swordsman is a crook, but he's a low-level crook. It's interesting they went away from Clint's backstory with him as a carnie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

Kate's mom is extremely evil and just set Swordsman up? And even though he's incredibly sinister, he's actually a nice guy? Cause it seems like that's what we're dealing with. Yelena is wonderful. Very happy to have more of her after I loved her in Black Widow. I want to see those new suits, drat it. Stop teasing me for a full season, I already did this with Sam.

Swerving a character people recognize from the comics is one of their favorite tricks.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

SonicRulez posted:

I want to see those new suits, drat it. Stop teasing me for a full season, I already did this with Sam

You've already seen the new suits I'm pretty sure, they're the preview image for the show in the Disney+ app.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I've low key been hoping that every MCU hero seeming to hate the prospect of seeing their new suit is setting up a scene where Kamala is handed a big fancy suit box with three minutes left in an episode and while the person that handed it to her is still being all serious about this moment we cut back to her, box open, suit on, giggling like a maniac.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

SonicRulez posted:

I think you got hints of that in in the first episode where she's actively mad that something related to Kate's dad's job is causing them to give up the bomb rear end townhome, right? Then Chitauri happens. Her Mom does everything she can from that point forward to keep them in the boughey lifestyle.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

site posted:

i was grinning the whole time Kate and Yelena were together. typing up my demand to feige that they have a show right now

I want a season 2 of Hawkeye of the two of them having their sex in the city lives in NYC. Or maybe they move to LA and we get the West Coast Avengers, though that's not the same without Quire and Gwenpool getting bare constantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is there only one episode left? Seems like a lot to wrap up, although I guess Fisk probably won't be in it too much.