Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

kntfkr posted:

ulysses is straight up unreadable

It's true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Oblivion is far superior to Skyrim.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Trillhouse posted:

It's true.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Trillhouse posted:

Not true.

They're equally dogshit.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

apparently halo infinite has an ending after all :rolleyes:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
working title was the never ending halo

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I played 2 hours of the halo infinite campaign and two of these three things are actually in the game:

1) A woman named Whispers who always speaks in a whisper
2) The line "It'd be a great idea if we were in outer space, but this is more like... inner space."
3) Enemy voice lines when they kill you talking about how they're bored of killing you so much.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kntfkr posted:

ulysses is straight up unreadable

Pretty much

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Halo Infinite features a gift-giving minigame where you can court the AI fairies that you think are cute with gifts and build a relationship with them

by the end of the campaign, if you got married early enough, you can have little ghost children that run around doing collectible events for you

Riveting gameplay abounds in Halo Infinite

I forgot to screencap the scene where the tiny AI fairy named "Weapon" tells you that she installed sensors on your armor that let her smell what your armor smells, and she tells you that you smell much better than the covenant.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Well that's not creepy. At all....

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i'm choosing to believe everything in that post is true

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Whether it's true or not, western anime bullshit is in general hard to watch.

Basically what starship troopers made fun of.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

site posted:

i'm choosing to believe everything in that post is true

I assure you beyond every shadow of a doubt that regardless of whatever else is and isn't true about Halo Infinite, the line about the AI installing a sensor that lets them smell you and commenting on how the covenent smell bad but you smell "fine" is 100% true

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

I played 2 hours of the halo infinite campaign and two of these three things are actually in the game:

2) The line "It'd be a great idea if we were in outer space, but this is more like... inner space."
3) Enemy voice lines when they kill you talking about how they're bored of killing you so much.

Halo Infinite features a gift-giving minigame where you can court the AI fairies that you think are cute with gifts and build a relationship with them

by the end of the campaign, if you got married early enough, you can have little ghost children that run around doing collectible events for you

I forgot to screencap the scene where the tiny AI fairy named "Weapon" tells you that she installed sensors on your armor that let her smell what your armor smells, and she tells you that you smell much better than the covenant.

I am so glad there are big companies out there making such innovative and fun video games. Hey Bungie make a god drat Myth game or just gently caress off. Oh and this time don't use Gamespy for multiplayer.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Halo Infinite Waifus

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

oblivion is better than skyrim because they are both boring as hell but oblivion is 12 kinds of stupid while skyrim is only about 3

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
morrowind will be my favorite because I hyped it up in my head so much and it got delayed for like a year after it's initial announcement date and when I finally got it it totally met all of my expectations

I think it was the last time my expectations met my hype until I just saw Dune in Imax

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I hope they included sex scenes that are just you sitting there well your suit uses its canonical jacking off ability.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

i love oblivion and all the doughy-faced freaks in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-vyKkOZ_JY

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010
It gets compared to them almost constantly, but the first Lords of Shadow is better than any of the pre-2018 God of War games. Also I find Kratos insufferable and don't know why people liked him.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

roomtone posted:

oblivion is better than skyrim because they are both boring as hell but oblivion is 12 kinds of stupid while skyrim is only about 3

It's true.

Elder Scrolls is at it's best when it gives you many tools to play with (or ignore) and just let's you run off and do whatever crazy poo poo you feel like with minimum time on rails. Skyrim has the least tools, the least crazy poo poo, and the most rails so it's the worst.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

1 and 3. 2 is too dumb

all of this however has to be bullshit. no way any of this is in

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

the rat fandom posted:

It gets compared to them almost constantly, but the first Lords of Shadow is better than any of the pre-2018 God of War games. Also I find Kratos insufferable and don't know why people liked him.

The God of War reboot is the absolute unexaggerated most boring open world game I have ever played. I wasn't a big fan of the older ones but at least they ramped up the scale constantly

Knight007au
May 8, 2007
Here's my Unpopular opinion Evil Genius 2 is really good and fun, It has pretty bad user reviews so I never bought it despite loving the 1st one and only started playing it because it is part of Game pass PC which I only got because it was 3 mths for $1 and I really like it a lot.

Also I don't know if the is a unpopular option or not but game pass is amazing the $1 deal was genius as I know several l people who only got it for the $1 deal but are all going continue with it because the game list is so good it basically made my wish list in steam redundant.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Knight007au posted:

Here's my Unpopular opinion Evil Genius 2 is really good and fun, It has pretty bad user reviews so I never bought it despite loving the 1st one and only started playing it because it is part of Game pass PC which I only got because it was 3 mths for $1 and I really like it a lot.

Also I don't know if the is a unpopular option or not but game pass is amazing the $1 deal was genius as I know several l people who only got it for the $1 deal but are all going continue with it because the game list is so good it basically made my wish list in steam redundant.

:psyduck:

aceface
Dec 27, 2017

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Final fantasy xv

Only registered members can see post attachments!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

apparently halo infinite has an ending after all :rolleyes:

Moar liek hell unfunite

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

aceface posted:

Final fantasy xv

:suicide:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Knight007au posted:

I feel the same way, Evil Genius 2 is basically just like the first game but a lot more polished. Like they took the original game and just made everything better. The evil base building genre continues to be niche I guess

Not a perfect game by any means but quite cool and good

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

So are they stealing ideas from Sonic the Hedgehog comics now

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im laughing at "Whispers" since its the subtitle pop-up for who is talking when you hear ambient whispers and after about the third time they happen the main character explicitly states the name of the person who is talking.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Im trying my damndest to play through FFXV again, but even skipping all the inane blathering and boring cutscenes, this poo poo is sooooooo slow. Ive been staring at loading screens and sad silent car trips more than ive been actually been able to play, and literally every side character is just so ridiculously loving SMUG, i want to smash their teeth.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

X JAKK posted:

Im trying my damndest to play through FFXV again, but even skipping all the inane blathering and boring cutscenes, this poo poo is sooooooo slow. Ive been staring at loading screens and sad silent car trips more than ive been actually been able to play, and literally every side character is just so ridiculously loving SMUG, i want to smash their teeth.

it's a bad game OP, the story is barely even contained in the actual game itself lmao and the battle system is the most "we know you just want turn based traditional JRPG combat" but nooo have this loving bullshit system trying to be smarter than it needs to be

the world was cool, i loved the high resolution images of the food but there are so many parts of that game that are just bad. like a final fantasy story doesn't have to be amazing but it has to at least be present

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Traditional turn based rpg combat is so incredibly boring and repetitive. I'm not saying FFXV had good combat, but I am so tired of picking "attack" and "firaga" from a menu 50 million times to get through a dungeon.

I liked hanging out with my bros in that game though, I thought that was fun and they were charming characters.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

X JAKK posted:

I spent $60 on that poo poo because someone I know and trust told me if I loved x, y, and z that it is the game for me, and I spent about 4 hours with it until I never played it again. I think that's going on 4 years of no play at this point.

C'est la vie, at least I never gave any money to Star Citizen.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

Caesar Saladin posted:

Traditional turn based rpg combat is so incredibly boring and repetitive. I'm not saying FFXV had good combat, but I am so tired of picking "attack" and "firaga" from a menu 50 million times to get through a dungeon.

I liked hanging out with my bros in that game though, I thought that was fun and they were charming characters.

I don’t mind JRPG combat itself, but all the trash fights really drive the repetitive feeling for me. If there wasn’t so much of it, it wouldn’t be so bad.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Caesar Saladin posted:

but I am so tired of picking "attack" and "firaga" from a menu 50 million times to get through a dungeon.

How do you have the mp to spam firaga through a whole dungeon

Do you actually use your ethers? Wow what a weirdo

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Caesar Saladin posted:

Play better RPGs

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

Play better RPGs

i've played a shitload of them, they're always the same, you just hit the monster with its weakness and heal when necessary

what jrppg are you talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Caesar Saladin posted:

its cool though because when you want to attack or cast firaga you just do that and it happens unlike Final Fantasy 7 Remake and 15 which seem intent on the combat being the most hyper-kinetic, multi-task, "not really an RPG but not really an action game" hybrid around and it just falls flat on its face