Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1461702739893833734?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcCQVkpWMcE

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
What the US has allowed the Saudi state to do in Yemen is a genocide.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1463602097270702080

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Victims of gommunism there

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Crowsbeak posted:

What the US has allowed the Saudi state to do in Yemen is a genocide.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1463602097270702080

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Eli Valley can’t draw or meme

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Man the one thing that Biden getting elected did is show me who on the left is worth listening too . Turns out 90% are not.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

nuh uh nuh uh I am rubber and you are glue

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like how when he goes to think of an example of "the obvious difference between Trump and Biden" the best he can come up with is "Biden might do something"

(narrator: Biden did not do the thing)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

Biden did end the war in Afghanistan.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's gonna be it, too. The only good thing Biden has ever done as a president wasn't even a plank of the election.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

That's gonna be it, too. The only good thing Biden has ever done as a president wasn't even a plank of the election.

And the democrats loving haaaaaaaaaated it lol

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say Biden didn't abandon Trump's plan to pull out of Afghanistan? I understand it's essentially the same thing and there was still an active decision being made, but the difference between actively instigating a thing and allowing something to happen is a distance I honestly don't think Biden is capable of crossing.

Also,

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yeah, we're just gonna have to savor that for the next 2 years.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Lol seeing how the media turned on him was great. He actually did something not horrible and that’s what gets the media to not be slaves to him and the dnc.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

LastInLine posted:

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say Biden didn't abandon Trump's plan to pull out of Afghanistan? I understand it's essentially the same thing and there was still an active decision being made, but the difference between actively instigating a thing and allowing something to happen is a distance I honestly don't think Biden is capable of crossing.

Also,

yeah but I’ll still give him credit just for not wussing out and actually leaving 100%. I’m still surprised he did. I would be surprised if Trump would have too

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
still lol that trumps only real mercurial move his whole presidency was pulling the rug out from under the Kurds sooner than anyone would have expected (double lol at anyone who doesn’t anticipate inevitable American perfidy)

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1465673298281435136

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm finding Max being an anti vax shithead to be very depressing.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

without reading anytihng hes ever said about vaccines, im going to assume he isnt anti vax and you are still stupid

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

paul_soccer12 posted:

without reading anytihng hes ever said about vaccines, im going to assume he isnt anti vax and you are still stupid

max has some pretty lovely opinions regarding covid. i can kind of squint enough that i can ignore 'em, but this subject is not as top notch as his journalism targeted towards anti-imperialism.

when max says
"lockdowns are immoral and ineffective" i mentally correct it to
"lockdowns [as implemented in the usa] are immoral and ineffective" and suddenly its less terrible

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Delta-Wye posted:

max has some pretty lovely opinions regarding covid. i can kind of squint enough that i can ignore 'em, but this subject is not as top notch as his journalism targeted towards anti-imperialism.

when max says
"lockdowns are immoral and ineffective" i mentally correct it to
"lockdowns [as implemented in the usa] are immoral and ineffective" and suddenly its less terrible

Except he's out there bitching about the countries that have lockdowns which are way better than anything the US is doing.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

that's not the same thing as being antivaxx

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

max isnt anti vax, he is anti vax mandate. which is the incorrect position. the correct position is pro mandate.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

he is repeating false claims like the vaccines don't curb the transmission of the disease. he is objectively being antivax.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

western countries half-assed their lockdowns and are pushing ineffectual, inconsistent policies that are prolonging the pandemic. that's a perfectly valid point of criticism. but to come out and say lockdowns and other non-pharmaceutical interventions don't work is lunacy. capitalists using the pandemic for their own ends doesn't mean the entire idea of epidemic control is a big pharma conspiracy.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

R. Guyovich posted:

he is repeating false claims like the vaccines don't curb the transmission of the disease. he is objectively being antivax.

true

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
max and dan cohen are being loving retarded. wouldn't be surprised if they start trending right. theres a lot of trumpers that have "good" opinions on foreign policy. depressing man.

also rofl at max on twitter saying people who are pro vaccine mandates are privileged when his dad is loving sydney blumenthal

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I'd be a bit more receptive of Blumenthal's covid articles if I could figure out what his alternative is. I think everyone reading cspam knew the government would gently caress the response up so I'm not sure why he thinks it's novel. The greyzone is still worth reading though.

Mirello posted:

also rofl at max on twitter saying people who are pro vaccine mandates are privileged when his dad is loving sydney blumenthal

yeah lol

Greg Legg has issued a correction as of 15:03 on Dec 8, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

mcmagic posted:

Except he's out there bitching about the countries that have lockdowns which are way better than anything the US is doing.

so is he antivaxx or is he anti lockdowns

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

so is he antivaxx or is he anti lockdowns

He's both and he's wrong about both.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
what did he say about vaccines that was inaccurate?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

gradenko_2000 posted:

i dont know. i havent been following it at all tbh.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

R. Guyovich posted:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

vaccine efficacy took a big hit with delta and will almost certainly take another one with omicron, but neither of those variants dropped rates to zero. even with diminished effectiveness it's irresponsible not to be vaccinated, cringe liberals making it a cultural signifier notwithstanding

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

fart simpson posted:

i dont know. i havent been following it at all tbh.

But at what cost?

R. Guyovich posted:

vaccine efficacy took a big hit with delta and will almost certainly take another one with omicron, but neither of those variants dropped rates to zero. even with diminished effectiveness it's irresponsible not to be vaccinated, cringe liberals making it a cultural signifier notwithstanding

Honestly, we might effectively go down to zero vs infection with Omicron, but the Greyboys got that talking point lodged in their head at least one variant ago and even given the worst case against infection, not taking the vaccine is would still effectively be a DoS attack on the health care system unless you're a complete bunker hermit.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
with the current mRNA offerings, 100% vaccine coverage won't stop this particular force of nature and mandates are just an excuse to distract us from functional solutions. we're spending all of our energy arguing about jabbing each other with temporary - at best - fixes and meanwhile the problem is still picking up steam.

mcmagic posted:

He's both and he's wrong about both.
he's definitely wrong about the one that has been proven to work :shrug:

Delta-Wye has issued a correction as of 20:07 on Dec 9, 2021

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Delta-Wye posted:

with the current mRNA offerings, 100% vaccine coverage won't stop this particular force of nature and mandates are just an excuse to distract us from functional solutions. we're spending all of our energy arguing about jabbing each other with temporary - at best - fixes and meanwhile the problem is still picking up steam.

Does GZ talk about functional solutions? Jimmy Dore doesn't seem to be. It's always "you gonna get it, deal with it" and not "yeah, vaccine helps a little, proper masking helps you and relieves strain on our limited medical resources (here's a link to some research on effective masking). the US and other western governments are so entrenched in neoliberalism that they can't see/don't want to see any solution that doesn't enrich a corporate friend of theirs. hell, sending people free test kits would enrich someone, but apparently the wrong someone or not enrich them enough. absent any outside help, we are on our own. people gotta make rent, put food on the table, so don't begrudge others that depend on in-person jobs that are threatened by lovely US-style lockdowns. these workers are not your enemy. workers have leverage and are finding their voice right now. support striking workers anyway you can. ..."

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1464643493956096004?s=20
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1464654463923273733?s=20

Max Blumenthal go on Chapo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/maxblumenthal/status/1467123958487175174?s=21

Even people I used to respect like Blumenthal can’t escape the American curse of individualism.

Its unacceptable nazi poo poo to demand that people take a safe and life saving vaccine to go to concerts and stuff.

The virus mostly kills the old and sick. So the democratic and free way is to thin the herd and let the strong survive!