Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
IDK if I would ever reveal to anyone on the show I was a rich person if I got away with it so far. Just in case there's anyone around who would never pick you as winner for that alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Hmm, what's your complaint here?

My compliant was me being over dramatic because I am drinking wine. I think the question mark was stupid and they should just show us, but I’ll admit I was being silly

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Khanstant posted:

IDK if I would ever reveal to anyone on the show I was a rich person if I got away with it so far. Just in case there's anyone around who would never pick you as winner for that alone.

You'd have to be REALLY afraid of burning a real friendship (and not need the money at all)

It's a terrible move

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Could be an idol, could be the Spanish Inquisition.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

truthbomb wtf nooooo dudeeeee

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What the hell was that lmao

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
ehahaha i walked away for the commercials and when I came back DeShawn blowing up Erika's game

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I don’t like the way Jeff is critiquing a player’s gameplay while they are still in the game. I feel like that crosses a line he has maybe never crossed before, at least so directly? Or am I being stupid?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

blue squares posted:

I don’t like the way Jeff is critiquing a player’s gameplay while they are still in the game. I feel like that crosses a line he has maybe never crossed before, at least so directly? Or am I being stupid?

Certainly new of what we've been shown, but he's been heading in that direction for a long time

I guess they've always cut hours of content out of tribal though so who knows

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
New camp lol

I like the idea and deshawn's reaction

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
oh man gunna be a fun night at camp for DeShawn

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

is goat alley dove otes? is goat alley peace otes? i lose

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Khanstant posted:

is goat alley dove otes? is goat alley peace otes? i lose

I'll go tally da votes

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
drat, i got "da votes" a few times saying it aloud but for some silly reason told myself they wouldn't do it like that. i was also convinced maybe "goatally" was the word but i think i'll just keep that one for myself

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I got to Isle goat alley and went “All goat alliance” DONE!

garthoneeye fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Dec 9, 2021

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

blue squares posted:

My compliant was me being over dramatic because I am drinking wine. I think the question mark was stupid and they should just show us, but I’ll admit I was being silly

I'm also not a fan of the show withholding information like "did they find an idol or not" if that's what you were referring to. It's definitely a newer phenomenon, they did it earlier in the season with Xander too.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

So it's what, Ricard's game to lose now right? DeShawn keeps finding new ways to blow himself up, Erika and Heather don't have the resume, and Xander has been a ghost post-merge.

Ricard needs DeShawn out, DeShawn needs Ricard and maybe Xander out, everyone else needs Ricard and DeShawn out.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's going to be whoever ends up at the end next to Erica and Heather that will win :lol:. There's basically not any reason to for Xander, DeShawn, or Ricard to vote off Heather or Erica...

Although I think DeShawn has a really good chance of winning, even with Shan's remarks as she was leaving I think there's a good chance she would have come around and vote for him to win if he makes it to the end.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think erika has a decent chance in a final 3 with xander and heather but not much else beyond this. the way deshawn tries to drop these bombs though i worry hes gonna sabotage himself at the jury questioning phase if he gets to the end, i dont think he's a lock to win if he reaches the end.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
The most interesting final 3 would probably be Erika, Deshawn, and Xander because Ricard obviously wins if he gets there and Heather is likely a 0 vote getter.

Kind of surprised they didn't just get together and vote out Heather since it's clear they need to beat Ricard on this next immunity and she's not going to do it.

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

I love that Deshawn mentioned a family-centric reward, and Jeff says along the lines of: "wow I cant please you." loving Jeff.

I'm realizing this season must have had a huge budget cut, which explains a lot.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Brass posted:

I love that Deshawn mentioned a family-centric reward, and Jeff says along the lines of: "wow I cant please you." loving Jeff.

I'm realizing this season must have had a huge budget cut, which explains a lot.

This was was filmed during covid. They aren't going to fly out family members and quarantine them /etc. They could have at least done letters or something I guess.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

SweetJahasus posted:

This was was filmed during covid. They aren't going to fly out family members and quarantine them /etc. They could have at least done letters or something I guess.

Yeah and the letters was specifically what he was asking about, so clearly he wasn't expecting a visit.

Sighence posted:

So it's what, Ricard's game to lose now right? DeShawn keeps finding new ways to blow himself up, Erika and Heather don't have the resume, and Xander has been a ghost post-merge.

Ricard needs DeShawn out, DeShawn needs Ricard and maybe Xander out, everyone else needs Ricard and DeShawn out.

Ricard basically needs to win both remaining immunity challenges, since the instant he's available to be voted out I can't see any reason why he wouldn't be at this point. That he's lasted this long as such an obvious threat is a damning mark on everyone's game.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

freeman posted:

Kind of surprised they didn't just get together and vote out Heather since it's clear they need to beat Ricard on this next immunity and she's not going to do it.
Started thinking this exact thing when Xander and Heather were sitting there hashing out who stood the best chance of beating Ricard in a challenge. Well, I know who stands the worst chance! And only one shot left now at F5 since 4 is just a fire. Plus if you take out Heather that opens up an FTC seat.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sighence posted:

I don't think DeShawn doing that really changed anything. It was clear Erika didn't trust him. She outright admitted it afterward. He was never going to have her in his corner. If anything, he may have ingratiated himself slightly with Heather.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I feel like Deshawn is playing rope-a-goat.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I thought it was strange that they went hunting for burlap this week, and then that Heather came back with a handful of it. I wonder if production purposely spread scraps of burlap around camp to distract people from finding the idol?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly when Danny was searching and didn't find an idol but found some burlap and THEN they showed Ricard going through his bag, I really thought he had left the burlap in there to make people think he had found an idol or something

But obviously not

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the scraps of burlap grow naturally outside, shows what y'all know about surviving in the wilderness

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Deshawn and Danny not just voting for like Xander or something to force the others to think about "oh maybe we should get the guy with an idol out now that we have a chance" on the revote was dumb imo. Don't take it laying down if you have a chance to throw even a little chaos in the game.

Final Episode Power Rankings

Ricard

Xander
Erika

Deshawn

Heather

Ricard is way ahead of everyone and winning the next immunity means he gets at minimum a chance at fire in f4. If that happens and Ricard doesn't win immunity at 4 then literally everyone who's even remotely confident at firemaking needs to want to be in that challenge against him, even if they were the one to win immunity. I didn't move Deshawn up a tier because the jury didn't look very impressed by the stuff he was saying, I don't think he has many votes in there. Not sure what the best case scenario final is for him, maybe it actually is the chicken alliance so he can hope for enough of a vote split to win without an actual majority.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
Xander... still has an idol, right? i didn't see it get mentioned at all this week and it's kind of blown me away that he keeps skating through these tribals after there was so much chatter about it and so much was made about him not playing it

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

idol and an extra vote

e: or wait he used his extra vote didn't he?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

extra vote was used last week. he still has an idol but i think hes basically being gauged as a goat at this point since all he's done is just sit on it and hasn't been in the driver seat for basically any moves in the last few weeks

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah the last couple weeks seem like he's not doing much but he seems well liked by most people and he still has the first few weeks of being stone cold with it to fall back on strategically

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Wasn't Liana going home instead of Ricardo a move that basically only benefitted Xander and that Xander orchestrated?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Khanstant posted:

Wasn't Liana going home instead of Ricardo a move that basically only benefitted Xander and that Xander orchestrated?

I thought it was Erika's idea but maybe you're right.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Oh it absolutely is which is why Danny was so upset that his alliance was targeted instead. How dare he ensure an alliance can't freeze him out next vote instead of taking out a guy who's forced to win or perish.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
On his exit interview Danny makes it clear that at the time nobody was considering Xander a viable win prospect. Not sure how true that is. Danny also mentioned that he and Deshaun considered voting for Xander to force a tie but that they both realized that doing so would give the other an easy road to vote each other out so they agreed to just vote each other.

Not terribly thrilled with any of that, but that's his take.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I don't think Xander has a high chance of backing into a win in this particular season. He does have the nice moment he blocked an idol steal but otherwise he's been mostly a non-entity. He could beat Heather but I don't know who else, so I think they're probably right to mostly ignore him and his idol.

Khanstant posted:

It also benefited Ricard, who now only has to win one challenge (or find one idol!) to make it to the fire stage. A lot of people think Xander is a dumbass for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chili posted:

On his exit interview Danny makes it clear that at the time nobody was considering Xander a viable win prospect. Not sure how true that is. Danny also mentioned that he and Deshaun considered voting for Xander to force a tie but that they both realized that doing so would give the other an easy road to vote each other out so they agreed to just vote each other.

Not terribly thrilled with any of that, but that's his take.

I wish they had managed to show that conversation. I want to say that if they were really so tight they could have trusted each other to go with it but honestly when you're that close to the end the paranoia that the other guy is gonna do it so you also have to has got to be off the charts.