Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

thotsky posted:

I don't mind people having preferences, but seasoning food you have not tasted is just dumb and lazy. It increases the chances of them having a bad meal.

This is just pretending that there aren't boomer rear end people out there who under-season their food which any experienced food nerd should know there are plenty of. Pre-emptively assuming otherwise is just the sign of an insecure wannabe rear end chef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

PinheadSlim posted:

This is just pretending that there aren't boomer rear end people out there who under-season their food which any experienced food nerd should know there are plenty of. Pre-emptively assuming otherwise is just the sign of an insecure wannabe rear end chef.

Even if we assume your bait to be true, it costs nothing to taste before you season. :shrug:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

thotsky posted:

Even if we assume your bait to be true, it costs nothing to taste before you season. :shrug:

The context here is chili oil, not simple salt. Wanting chili oil doesn't make you an rear end in a top hat you numpty lol

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

PinheadSlim posted:

The context here is chili oil, not simple salt. Wanting chili oil doesn't make you an rear end in a top hat you numpty lol

Context in op was "salt/soy sauce" you dingus

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you add seasoning before tasting it how do you know what and how much to add? Like I get if someone serves plain toast or eggs, but just looking at a Gumbo I can't tell if it even needs anything

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

thotsky posted:

Context in op was "salt/soy sauce" you dingus

Soy sauce is not mentioned in the original post my dude. Imagine getting mad at serving Tex Mex and someone grabs a bottle of Yucateco lmao

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

the holy poopacy posted:

Man, with a name like that you have to go out and make a ton of money so that you can donate enough to a hospital to get your name on something. I don't know if I could handle the pressure myself.

The Ward-Burns Burns Ward?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

PinheadSlim posted:

Soy sauce is not mentioned in the original post my dude.

Brawnfire posted:

Yeah, that's stupid. My parents used to get all high and mighty about it like "taste it before you decide it needs salt/soy sauce" and I'm like it always does, everybody's food is bland as gently caress, I know what I like

:confuoot:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Read the post they're quoting, in case you don't know what OP means lol

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Dec 9, 2021

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

God loving damnit I rushed in here to post this

I feel like I could write a dissertation on how bonkers this is. I could but I’m not going to, but I will share this

https://twitter.com/mattfinniganco/status/1468812625081344000?s=20

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Oh my god

https://twitter.com/MysteryAdExec/status/1468832716003188737?s=20

E: WHOOO LORDY THERE IS A PATREON

teen witch fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Dec 9, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Boomer brained white people think literally any seasoning is dangerously exotic. It's come up itt with people that, if you ask for salt and/or pepper, will get up and take the shakers from their cupboard, watch with obvious judgement as you use them, and then put them away immediately afterwards.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Isnt the no salt thing a more recent (post ww2, or 70s) mania tied to a health fad. Like when researchers were findding out what excess salt can do, idiot journalists write about it, and a generation of fearful gringos stop using salt altogether in the hope of living forever?

Like the low fat fad or low carb fas or sugar free fad. I look at american cuisine like steaks burgs, pizza, chowders, bbq, and i cant imagine a people averse to salt would eat these things.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for telling a man that i didn't consent to seeing his nipples?

quote:

Hi, I'm 26f. I am a new mom, so I'm pretty much exhausted all the time. I get barely any sleep, and honestly my body is just so tired.

A couple months ago, one of my friends (26f) called me and my baby to go out, so I thought it'd be nice to take a day trip since I haven't done it in so long. She also invited her bf (28m) and one of his friends (28m). We spent the day in downtown and ate lunch in a nice restaurant. It was fun until my baby got a little fussy, so I decided to feed her. We were at a park area, so I just sat down on a bench that was relatively out of the way, and started feeding. My friend and the others were taking some pictures, so I kept our bags next to me to watch them. Her bf's friend (L) decided to come over to grab something from his bag. When he saw me breastfeeding, he got sooo pissed. He made a face and demanded I stop feeding because he didn't consent to seeing my nipples. I apologized and said that I was sitting out of his view and I needed to feed my baby. He started insulting me and getting louder, and I got really embarrassed. I just got up and moved away until my baby was done and then I tucked everything back in. It was a bit awkward after that, and I just told my friend that I was going to go back home and left.

My friend recently turned 26, so she threw a little get-together. My mom watched my baby for me and I went to my friend's house. She had a couple other people there, including her bf and L. When L saw me, he rolled his eyes and said "ugh, not you again." But the party was fun, and my friend had a great time. Everyone was drinking except for me, because I still needed to go home and take care of my baby. L was pretty rude to me the whole time, but I avoided him. Soon, there was an arm-wrestling contest between the guys, and L lost to my friend's bf. He started getting a little angry, and asked for a rematch. He then ripped his shirt off, and started flexing to prepare. I was honestly grossed out, and when he saw my face he asked me "what crawled up your rear end?" I got a little mad and responded, "please put your shirt back on. I didn't consent to seeing your nipples." He said, "that doesn't work because I'm a guy." I asked him how it was different, and he just rolled his eyes. I was getting more angry now and just repeated, "please put your shirt back on." It dissolved into an argument that ended with him calling me a bitch, crazy feminist, and an uptight rear end in a top hat. Later my friend told me that I probably made too much of a fuss over a shirt. Now I'm wondering, AITA?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

For those who don't want to click through, or are reading in the future after twitter has had a terrible accident and deleted all the tweets.

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Boomer brained white people think literally any seasoning is dangerously exotic. It's come up itt with people that, if you ask for salt and/or pepper, will get up and take the shakers from their cupboard, watch with obvious judgement as you use them, and then put them away immediately afterwards.

My parents cook with zero seasonings at all, last time I was home my mother made a "chilli" from barely cooked quorn mince, canned beans and little else, with some plain white rice on the side. I was content to silently power through it, until she directly asked me if I liked it, clearly expecting a throwaway compliment. She was NOT happy with my answer.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Barudak posted:

If you add seasoning before tasting it how do you know what and how much to add? Like I get if someone serves plain toast or eggs, but just looking at a Gumbo I can't tell if it even needs anything

I’m a taste before seasoning but also adding salt on the plate cannot make up for seasoning things when they’re cooking. If someone has made unseasoned gumbo no amount of salt can fix it, but if someone has made good gumbo you can absolutely ruin it .

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

wizardofloneliness posted:

He says he and his family are from the South, so I seriously doubt he's anything other than white.

...yes. There are definitely no black people in the South. :shobon: It's not Utah, dude.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

thotsky posted:

If you’re a white dude and you make food I’m putting hot sauce or chili flakes in it before I eat it, thems the rules.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for causing a mass quitting?

quote:

I was done with the company as they cut our pay to “avoid laying off anyone” but then we posted record profits but they didn’t increase our salaries or give us the 10% bonus everyone was promised. 20% of the department already quit but I was hanging on a bit hoping to ride in out until next year.

Then the boss yelled at an intern for asking to go home early and have time off because her mom just called her to tell her her cat was dying and to go to straight to the vets. She wanted a few days off and the boss basically told her cats were animals and she wasn’t allowed to request time off unless it was a human dying. He was supposed to discuss it in private but decided to just go to a corner of the office where my team overheard him. She was crying and grabbed her stuff and ran out of the office.

I sent a company wide email (which is standard) saying I was quitting and highlighted the interaction between the boss and the intern (though I didn’t name names) as the main reason. Then immediately like 10 people emailed me back to ask me who the manager was and to avoid leaving a trace I told them in person and within a few days most people knew.

I work IT where finding a new job now is really easy and tons of friends would offer me referrals into their companies immediately. I found another job within the 2 weeks and am starting on Monday. There’s been over 2 dozen people sending quitting emails and now the company is shutting down peoples emails a few days before they leave so they can’t send goodbye emails and link their LinkedIn or phone numbers so current employees can’t find them to piggy back to the next company.

The boss came to berate me as he was being disciplined and might lose his job. I don’t feel sorry for him because he’s a jerk but his family is going to be hard hit because he doesn’t have any marketable skills other than PowerPoint. AITA here?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Soylent Pudding posted:

:gizz:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Soylent Pudding posted:

lol

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Soylent Pudding posted:

:sickos:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Remember that there are those out there that consider making a young inexperienced woman cry at work an accomplishment.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

thotsky posted:

Maybe people give you bland food because you keep putting salt on everything?

Oh yeah genius

This is superintelligent as a response, completely covers all bases!

Man how did I not think of this wow!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

My parents cooked bland-rear end food every single day because I use salt

All my neighbors and school friends ate bland rear end poo poo because I use soy sauce

Look at me, the jerk putting hot sauce on my burrito without checking to see if it's already spicy, which it never is, this is exactly why their food is never spicy

God I'm so dumb, the scales my eyes etc

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

Brawnfire posted:

All my neighbors and school friends ate bland rear end poo poo because I use soy sauce

Look at me, the jerk putting hot sauce on my burrito without checking to see if it's already spicy, which it never is, this is exactly why their food is never spicy

I'm not sure what you're saying exactly, but I agree with the tone.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Brawnfire posted:

Maybe you're overdoing the hot sauce because this is one a-spicy meltdown!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I sure think adding any further salt to that post would only make it worse.

E: dang gabbit

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Dont care of this is fake

My (24F) Boyfriend (27M) will not stop calling his cum "Greggnog" During Christmas time

Puts a whole new spin on watching Taskmaster.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

a podcast for cats posted:

I'm not sure what you're saying exactly, but I agree with the tone.

Just a bit miffed that someone decided to victim blame me for having to season my meals to enjoy them

Like drat, sorry I like flavors

Yo did you even taste them fries before dipping them in ketchup they might be ketchuppy enough already

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010
I can't eat deep fried salted starch without sugar paste either.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Brawnfire posted:

Just a bit miffed that someone decided to victim blame me for having to season my meals to enjoy them

:lol:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Brawnfire posted:

Yo did you even taste them fries before dipping them in ketchup they might be ketchuppy enough already

You're not a victim because there's not enough hot sauce on your chicken nuggies. You like flavours as long as those flavours are salt and spicy.

But please continue melting down.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

What the gently caress people

Is using condiments freely really this contentious or is it because I have the gall to post words about it?

This is the same forum that mocks people for not using spice so I'm guessing it's you like to be contrary so whatever

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Dec 9, 2021

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Soylent Pudding posted:

and now the company is shutting down peoples emails a few days before they leave so they can’t send goodbye emails and link their LinkedIn or phone numbers so current employees can’t find them to piggy back to the next company.

Wouldn't this just make people do all those things first and then quit without notice?

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

Brawnfire posted:

What the gently caress people

Is using condiments freely really this contentious or is it because I have the gall to post words about it?

This is the same forum that mocks people for not using spice so I'm guessing it's you like to be contrary so whatever

It's because you're being a huge wiener about it instead of just going "what can I say, I like salt." and moving on.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Come on guys, you're ruining National Pastry Day.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

les enfants Terrific! posted:

It's because you're being a huge wiener about it instead of just going "what can I say, I like salt." and moving on.

Because I wanted to mock the dipshit who told me it's my fault everyone cooks terribly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

Soylent Pudding posted:

Praying for this energy with my current job. Please crash and burn, it's what you deserve.