Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
There's that English tradition of burning a huge effigy of the pope that totally isn't anti-catholic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1468597192424407041

https://twitter.com/AtomAtkinson/status/1468799076242182144/photo/1

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Platystemon posted:

Theoretically it brings the standard from “guilt demonstrated beyond a reasonable doubt” to “preponderance of evidence”.

It just has to be more likely than not that it’s crime money, as determined by the totally impartial courts.

Yeah. If "beyond a reasonable doubt" is somewhere around like 95% certainty, preponderance of evidence is more like 51%

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

I'm baffled by this one. Was it written by a friend or an enemy ? I honestly can't tell.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Lady Disdain posted:

I'm baffled by this one. Was it written by a friend or an enemy ? I honestly can't tell.

He probably wrote it himself.

Anyway, gently caress that nazi shithead.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chick_in_kiev/status/1468834254314512389

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Srb1970Rita/status/1468855905638748160

https://twitter.com/GenevievePool12/status/1468360589370015746

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lady Disdain posted:

Very obviously written by themselves in the most resentful, passive-aggressive tone possible

I sympathize with their struggles but I have to question that decision

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

GWBBQ posted:

Serious note: it sounds like the person who started the fire is homeless and has a history of mental health and drug abuse issues, so I'm sure Fox will hype up something about antifa supersoldiers and the War on Christmas.

Also a Christmas tree is basically the single easiest thing to burn. (Source: my backyard every February after we spent January repeatedly forgetting to borrow somebody's pickup truck )

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
A dry christmas tree is an absolutely scary fire hazard. Back when my family still bought christmas trees they'd put a bucket of water next to them, but if you've seen how they light up you know how laughably inadequate that is.

If you aren't standing next to it when it catches fire you aren't going to put it out.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
lol if the angel on your Christmas tree isn’t THE WATCH DOG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OOUEZuTvZQ

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Antigravitas posted:

A dry christmas tree is an absolutely scary fire hazard. Back when my family still bought christmas trees they'd put a bucket of water next to them, but if you've seen how they light up you know how laughably inadequate that is.

If you aren't standing next to it when it catches fire you aren't going to put it out.

"Hey honey, is it ok if I dump a huge pile of kindling in the living room, right up to the ceiling?"
"What?! No! That's a crazy fire hazard!"
"Ah cripes, you're right. Well, how 'bout we put the Christmas tree in that corner then?"
"Perfect :) "

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Antigravitas posted:

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/951854499827765248

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wait, Americans don't have a water reservoir in their tree holders?

Lmao.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Lmao.

The ones I've seen do, but if you don't stay on top of it, the tree can easily drink up to the point where the water level is too low to get to the tree.
I usually end up watering mine a ton for the first couple of days, then I just need to top it off every 2 or 3 days until the end of the year.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AFewBricksShy posted:

The ones I've seen do, but if you don't stay on top of it, the tree can easily drink up to the point where the water level is too low to get to the tree.
I usually end up watering mine a ton for the first couple of days, then I just need to top it off every 2 or 3 days until the end of the year.

I'm guessing also that Americans just have bigger trees. Like the one in the video is huge.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Even the trees are obese in America

e:
But actually lots of homes have entryways and common areas that have very high ceilings and lots of Christmas trees are much bigger than that one. Lots of 10+ foot trees

freeedr has a new favorite as of 17:10 on Dec 9, 2021

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm guessing also that Americans just have bigger trees. Like the one in the video is huge.

That one looks a little bigger than most I remember seeing in homes in the US, but not by all that much. Haven't actually seen a non-plastic Christmas tree indoors in like 20 years though, so my memory could be exaggerating.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Lmao.

Yes, but often people forget to water them, especially after Christmas. The US is unique in that way, in that people forget things.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:jewish: thank God we don't have such bizarre and dangerous customs
*leaves the lit menorah standing precariously next to a pile of newspapers*

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Antigravitas posted:

Why not put it in the bucket of water? If the bucket's bigger than the tree, it'll be fine

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lady Disdain posted:

the best revenge is living well, and you WILL notice how well i am living GOD drat IT I AM DOING FINE

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I've never had a christmas tree, and I had no idea that a) you're supposed to water it, or b) putting a tree in water like you do cut flowers was even an option. Everything I know about christmas customs came from the media, and for some reason, hallmark christmas romcoms never include watering the tree in their festive montages.

But yeah, I've definitely done some precarious poo poo with my menorah (leaving curtains dangling above it being the big one).

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You can easily replace a christmas tree with a nonflammable orb.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Lady Disdain posted:

I've never had a christmas tree, and I had no idea that a) you're supposed to water it, or b) putting a tree in water like you do cut flowers was even an option. Everything I know about christmas customs came from the media, and for some reason, hallmark christmas romcoms never include watering the tree in their festive montages.

Every hallmark Christmas movie implicitly ends with the house burning down during the end credits because the characters are unaware of this need

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

On Christmas Eve at 11:00 pm the fireplace turns into a hungry mouth and you put rodents into it one at a time and it chews them loudly. You do this until it is satisfied or else it will not let the fat gift elf into your home

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

By popular demand posted:

:jewish: thank God we don't have such bizarre and dangerous customs
*leaves the lit menorah standing precariously next to a pile of newspapers*

The house fire that lasted for eight nights.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1468120287745093632

I would blow Dane Cook has a new favorite as of 22:37 on Dec 9, 2021

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

The Lone Badger posted:

You can easily replace a christmas tree with a nonflammable orb.

I like my trees but that’s something worth pondering, at least

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Platystemon posted:

lol if the angel on your Christmas tree isn’t THE WATCH DOG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OOUEZuTvZQ

lmao i'm sure it's just free music but this song immediately made me think of that lovely "Clock Tower successor" Nightcry, where it plays at the party at the beginning of the game.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

This is great to hear after the fact, but what's getting me is imagining how someone in that club would feel to look over and see the prime minister.

Or even better, the inevitable moment where some guy's hitting on her without recognizing her, and either gets the most insane answer to 'so what do you do' or, later, the equally insane answer to a friend asking him 'do you know who that is'.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

It gets weirder.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:catstare:

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

to put context around this, you may think "hey! some creep photoshopped the prime minister of finland as a catgirl!"

no, she did that. she makes these pictures of herself and puts them on the internet. she owns

https://twitter.com/Synthimers/status/1468709114792620034

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lmao why can't we have that cool of a leader

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:pusheen: is the only proper response

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lmao why can't we have that cool of a leader

I mean if you want to see Biden posting pictures of himself as a catgirl to 4chan...

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I mean if you want to see Biden posting pictures of himself as a catgirl to 4chan...

I already checked

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/business/status/1469143770339975173

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

WATCH MORRISON START A loving WAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Wow there's a lot to digest on this page. :ohdearsass: Conspiracy to participate in Christmas tree lighting ceremonies. Stealing people's property; what's next, their paintings and silverware? A side by side of a dry tree lit on fire and a watered tree... not. Even the Griswold Christmas tree has the scene where the dog is drinking the tree's water and they are plants you know. Elected officials that are people, oh my. And finally, people have for years demonstrated that they can't even wash their damned hands and annually get and spread the flu, and we expect any better with coronavirus.

Is there a community award for weirdest forum page. This one deserves a nomination.

ps A news source that can't spell judgment.