Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So Cook is really going to play tonight and destroy both his and Mattison's value? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

mcmagic posted:

So Cook is really going to play tonight and destroy both his and Mattison's value? lol

I don’t have either anywhere so good

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Have Mattison in one league and facing Cook in another so of course this happens.

League I have Mattison in, I'm 2nd in PF and still probably out of the playoffs if I lose, though I think there'll be some tiebreakers to sort through. At least in the other one I'm locked into my playoff spot.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

gloom posted:

I'm a little nervous about Dak's performance of late. Would it be crazy to roll the dice on Taysom Hill as a replacement? I'm out of the playoffs, but would like to win the consolation bracket.

Taysom is a points machine no matter how badly he plays so I’d be fine with it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

dkj posted:

I don’t have either anywhere so good

I like how I was a disciplined fantasy gamer and made sure I overdrafted Mattison after taking cook just to get royally hosed in the playoffs lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

With Hurts on his bye do I want Derek Carr vs KC or Teddy Bridgewater vs DET? KC's D has been playing well lately but I think I'd still prefer Carr?

I hate both of these options but Carr. If Denver gets a lead they're going to run the ball as much as they can.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

Zimmer's got to try to save his job!

Dango Bango posted:

I hate both of these options but Carr. If Denver gets a lead they're going to run the ball as much as they can.
Yeah I hate it too. I'm inordinately annoyed at this league where its 12 team redraft with 1 qb starter and every team except mine has 2 qbs, if not 3, rostered.

I'm also torn about dropping Minshew since him and Hurts are both on a bye and I'm terrified that I'll drop Minshew because Hurts will likely be healthy after the bye, only to find out they named Minshew the starter...

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 9, 2021

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I like how I was a disciplined fantasy gamer and made sure I overdrafted Mattison after taking cook just to get royally hosed in the playoffs lol

If it makes you feel better your tragedy is a victory to someone else

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Thinking about starting Cam over Carr....

dkj posted:

If it makes you feel better your tragedy is a victory to someone else

this doesn't make me feel better

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Cook playing tonight is terrible news for my dynasty team where I'm starting Kene Nwangwu after selling off Zeke and Mixon :v:

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

mcmagic posted:

Thinking about starting Cam over Carr....

this doesn't make me feel better

I'm starting Cam (in superflex), since he's playing the Falcons. He got crushed by Miami but they have a strong defense (if it wasn't already evident by them embarrassing Buffalo). As much as I love Carr, I've watched too many Raiders games this season to trust their o-line or playcalling. They simply can't keep drives alive against strong defenses. Just look at their last game against KC a month ago (https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay/_/gameId/401326477): only a single drive greater than 5 plays, and it was in garbage time (down 41-14) and they STILL couldn't convert for a TD. Same problem the following week against the Bengals.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I'm starting Taysom Hill and the Saints D this week so please don't gently caress this up Jets.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can’t believe I have to root for the loving Steelers to not be poo poo tonight since my opponent is rolling with FIVE Minnesota players this week.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can’t believe I have to root for the loving Steelers to not be poo poo tonight since my opponent is rolling with FIVE Minnesota players this week.
I got 99 problems but having five minny players on one team aint one of them

Epi Lepi posted:

I'm starting Taysom Hill and the Saints D this week so please don't gently caress this up Jets.
I got bad news for you

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I think this is the first time I’m not starting or playing against anyone in the thursday game in any of my leagues.

Kind of a bummer

What am I supposed to just watch football for the fun of it?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I am angry that Dalvin Cook is back already. Being carted off should be a 3 game absence minimum imo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

RCarr posted:

I think this is the first time I’m not starting or playing against anyone in the thursday game in any of my leagues.

Kind of a bummer

What am I supposed to just watch football for the fun of it?

Go get an underdog acct and do a like $5 O/U parlay

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I live in NY and sports betting is illegal. Although not for long.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Cook is either going to have:

A: 120 yards and 2TDs
B: 5 yards and a fumble, then leave the game for his shoulder again

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Dec 10, 2021

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
The second one. But they will also put him in on 3rd down to block and aggravate his shoulder more too.

Just to gently caress up next week and the week after too.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

Nah he's gonna have like 45 yards and Mattison will have like 35 yards and 2 TDs.

I'm starting Cook and I have Mattison on the bench lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I was wrong. Cook actually looks pretty good heh

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

mcmagic posted:

I was wrong. Cook actually looks pretty good heh

Cook looks good. Jefferson looks fantastic!

Roethlisberger has the ball glued to his throwing hand and keeps getting sacked because he expects to have a full 5 to 10 seconds to get it away. What a rook!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This is the best Cook has been all season. All that needed to happen was for his shoulder to explode!

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I’m very glad I sat Mattison as a non-Cook owner.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Of course I’m playing against Cook in a must-win game.

Of course I am.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Folks, it ain't looking good.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Bellmaker posted:

C: A, but in the first half alone :laffo:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Bellmaker posted:

C: A, but in the first half alone :laffo:

lol thank you :cheers:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
My opponent in a win and win in the playoffs game only had Hurts/Minshew as his QBs so I swooped up Cam who looked like the best possible option. My opponent picked up Big Ben, which seemed great until the 4th quarter :rubby:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Pretty much have a guaranteed playoff spot but I could get better seeding with a win.
Waller is probably out this week. Do I punt the TE position or do I drop one of these guys?
Dallas Goedert (bye)
Steevenson
Jeudy
Eagles DST (bye, currently have packers)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If Cousins wasn't a dogshit QB Jefferson would have had like 40 points yesterday

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Chernabog posted:

Pretty much have a guaranteed playoff spot but I could get better seeding with a win.
Waller is probably out this week. Do I punt the TE position or do I drop one of these guys?
Dallas Goedert (bye)
Steevenson
Jeudy

What’ve the Eagles DST or Goedert done for you lately? The former hasn’t been super great, and the latter had a great game with Minshew under center and Hurts will be returning after the bye.

What’s the rest of your roster look like, RB and WR wise?

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Ok folks, rules question that has come up in a league.

Team A is playing team B this week. A win/loss for team A could affect the playoffs; team B is out entirely. Team B has completely emptied their entire lineup and isn't responding. Do I, as commissioner:

1. Force team B's lineup same as last week
2. Same thing but with highest projected points players in place of O players (e.g. Eli Mitchell)
3. Force team B to have the highest projected players
4. Do nothing, team A gets the auto win

I'm thinking 2 but I am not sure.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Team A is playing team B this week. A win/loss for team A could affect the playoffs; team B is out entirely. Team B has completely emptied their entire lineup and isn't responding. Do I, as commissioner:

2. Same thing but with highest projected points players in place of O players (e.g. Eli Mitchell)

3 and also ban the manager

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

generic one posted:

What’ve the Eagles DST or Goedert done for you lately? The former hasn’t been super great, and the latter had a great game with Minshew under center and Hurts will be returning after the bye.

What’s the rest of your roster look like, RB and WR wise?

Goedert had two TDs last week?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

2 or 3 are both fine

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Chernabog posted:

Dallas Goedert (bye)
Steevenson
Jeudy

You don't need two defenses and the Packers are solid. Cut the Eagles. You don't want to cut Goedert in case Waller has a setback.

I think the leagues I'm in usually have a clause for this that allows them to set lineups based on FantasyPros consensus rankings for the week. That's what I'd go with, since it is an aggregate and allows for the most unbiased approach.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

3 and also ban the manager

Also this

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Highest projected lineup and lock their team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Bellmaker posted:

Goedert had two TDs last week?

Pretty specifically called out that was due to Minshew. Are you willing to bet he’ll get that many looks when Hurts is back in after the bye?

I wouldn’t, at least not in the playoffs, when you win or go home.

Edit: And the person I was replying to already has Waller and isn’t starting a TE because they don’t want to drop anyone. When you’re clamoring for a playoff spot, or even better seeding, gotta cut dead weight loose to get a win if needed.

generic one fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 10, 2021