Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

Thanks Santagoon, botes are the best :hist101:

NTRabbit posted:

A package was slid behind the pot plant at my front door

I'm not familiar with this one, but looking at the back of the box has me excited to play, thanks Santagoon! :buddy:

Merry Christmas mate :boonie:

I wanted to get you something from your wishlists and something unique I think you'd enjoy. You seemed fairly ~nautically inclined~ so Grand Fleets looked pretty dope.

A War of Whispers is one of my favourite game, and I love getting it out for 1-2 rounds as it's also fairly quick for a DOAM game. It's also surprisingly deep and tactical if you play a few rounds with the same people, and judging from your BGG wishlist I think you'll really like it.
I couldn't find anywhere local that had the 2 mini expansions, so if you enjoy it I'd recommend grabbing them as they add a bunch of variety to it.

Enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

I'm not familiar with this one, but looking at the back of the box has me excited to play, thanks Santagoon! :buddy:

Nice, this a great game, fun and doesn’t outstay its welcome.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

moths posted:

Thanks!

Happy Holidays! It looks like Games Workshop cut off the note that I had sent to you, but honestly it's kind of preferable because if Noise Marines can't find a goo then what is a noise marine even good for.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oh very much! Goo and Slaanesh go hand in uh... hand.

My Santee's cheer is boxed up, labeled, and waiting for pickup at my job's mail room! Tracking info is at to the SSanta address, so LF can forward it to the appropriate Santee if anything goes sideways.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aramoro posted:

My tracking has moved to delivered. Godspeed package that's been hucked at front door somewhere.

main round, or LR1?

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Well one part of my gift has been delivered to the Santee. Not sure where the other part currently is.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

A package was slid behind the pot plant at my front door

Absolutely fantastic game this one! We will be doing our weekly meetups and someone will always ask to bring this out again ever week or 2. Plays quick, has good depth and doesn't drag on at all.

Also, I got my other gift in the mail! My lady sent me a pic this morning, I work 15 hour days 6 days a week currently so I crash most nights, thank you so drat much! Imgur isn't playing nice with me currently but it's the board game Dinosaur Island
Looks like a drat good game! I shared boardgames geek description of it with my friends and everyones excited. Hoping this weekend to get it to the table
"In Dinosaur Island, players will have to collect DNA, research the DNA sequences of extinct dinosaur species, and then combine the ancient DNA in the correct sequence to bring these prehistoric creatures back to life. Dino cooking! All players will compete to build the most thrilling park each season, and then work to attract (and keep alive!) the most visitors each season that the park opens.

Do you go big and create a pack of Velociraptors? They'll definitely excite potential visitors, but you'd better make a large enough enclosure for them. And maybe hire some (read: a lot of) security. Or they WILL break out and start eating your visitors, and we all know how that ends. You could play it safe and grow a bunch of herbivores, but then you aren't going to have the most exciting park in the world (sad face). So maybe buy a roller coaster or two to attract visitors to your park the good old-fashioned way?"

Thank you again Gentle Goons!!!

I've changed my order for my 1st lightning round Goon, as got tired of being jerked around by the company I ordered from, so hoping to see some post in the next day or 3 of Holiday cheer

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Got an update on my main round gift and it should be in my Santee's hands between the 16th and 18th.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That's in under the wire, should be fine unless there's another delay. Thanks for keeping an eye on it. Same to all the rest of you who are watching the tracking etc.

TK_Nyarlathotep, and anyone else: last call for lightning round 4. Unlikely there will be a round 5. No pressure, you don't need to jump in, but I'm kicking off this round later today.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Absolutely fantastic game this one! We will be doing our weekly meetups and someone will always ask to bring this out again ever week or 2. Plays quick, has good depth and doesn't drag on at all.

Also, I got my other gift in the mail! My lady sent me a pic this morning, I work 15 hour days 6 days a week currently so I crash most nights, thank you so drat much! Imgur isn't playing nice with me currently but it's the board game Dinosaur Island
Looks like a drat good game! I shared boardgames geek description of it with my friends and everyones excited. Hoping this weekend to get it to the table
"In Dinosaur Island, players will have to collect DNA, research the DNA sequences of extinct dinosaur species, and then combine the ancient DNA in the correct sequence to bring these prehistoric creatures back to life. Dino cooking! All players will compete to build the most thrilling park each season, and then work to attract (and keep alive!) the most visitors each season that the park opens.

Do you go big and create a pack of Velociraptors? They'll definitely excite potential visitors, but you'd better make a large enough enclosure for them. And maybe hire some (read: a lot of) security. Or they WILL break out and start eating your visitors, and we all know how that ends. You could play it safe and grow a bunch of herbivores, but then you aren't going to have the most exciting park in the world (sad face). So maybe buy a roller coaster or two to attract visitors to your park the good old-fashioned way?"

Thank you again Gentle Goons!!!

I've changed my order for my 1st lightning round Goon, as got tired of being jerked around by the company I ordered from, so hoping to see some post in the next day or 3 of Holiday cheer

Part 2 of your gift will show up...eventually? I'm trying to track it down at the moment. At least one portion made it to you!

edit: New update, part 2 is supposed to be delivered on the 15th.

Gaghskull fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 9, 2021

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

The second half of your gift is still yet to ship, I sent the seller an email a week or two ago and they just replied to say, essentially, they'll get to it when they get to it. Sorry friend!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

main round, or LR1?

LR2 I think.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Kwyndig posted:

A package has arrived from IPR? But I didn't order anything this month...

Upon opening it, I find a copy of Ryuutama!

Thanks Santa, Ryuutama is one of my favoriter games and the hardcover is pretty.

That marks my Secret Santa/Santee obligations fulfilled. I'll stick around in case someone needs degrinching but it doesn't sound like it so far.

Yay! I love buying people books, and the hard copy of Ryuutama is a joy, so I'm really happy it landed well.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 4 ASSIGNMENTS ARE OUT

that means it's... round... f... five???

OK sure why not. Time is getting very short, so if you're in for round five, keep these things in mind:
  • You basically need to ship immediately, don't order things to arrive at your house so you can re-pack them, and don't order custom stuff that has to be made and then shipped.
  • If you get an international santee, seriously just buy something from a vendor in the target country so there's no international mailing happening
  • For certain high-volume frequent Santa-ers (you know who you are!), it's becoming increasingly difficult to avoid repeats. Be prepared to send another gift to someone you've gifted in the past.

Round 5 is for sure the final round, if it happens at all, and I'm going to start this round by December 12th regardless, because I don't want to start rounds with less than 2 weeks before christmas. But it could still happen!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

L4 is Away

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Order's placed for LR4.

And because I'm seriously amazed by how much generosity has happened already this year, sign me up for LIGHTNING ROUND 5?!?

DigitalRaven posted:

Dear Santa,

You've always been good to me (at least in your TGSS guise), and this year's been just as poo poo as last year, just in different ways. But I'm alive. Let's call that a win for now, and celebrate by buying people poo poo.

Gift Preferences
Board games! Things that play well at two players are best, as are things with a strong solo mode. A small form factor is also a blessing given how small my place is. This is my BGG collection, but the things that have hit the table and gone well recently include Star Realms, Hero Realms, Villagers, Streets, 7 Wonders, and Tiny Epic Galaxies/Zombies/Dinosaurs. I also love art/setting books that I can use for game inspiration — previous TGSS gifts have included The Worlds of Android, and The World of Might and Magic, which were amazing!

I'm a big Transformers fan and a bit of a Gundam nut, so plastic robots in kit or toy form are always welcome. Scifi stuff in general is pretty awesome.

I like RPGs, but I have a huge collection that includes a lot of weird/obscure games already, and I'm in a rut where I'm not able to play anything so I'mma suggest against that. I don't play wargames or paint miniatures, either.

General Location

:scotland:

Solemn Vow

I solemnly swear that I will not grinch, lest next year is worse than this one.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Waiting for response from other Santa before pulling the trigger

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
My LR2 cheer has arrived! Photos to follow when possible. Thanks, Anonymous SantaGoon!

And you know what? First in, last out. It's a great year for gifting! Sign me up for Round 5!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A box arrived yesterday filled with holiday booty

A bunch of very cool dungeon dressing

A lot of these things are crazy detailed and very cool. It will certainly be a step up from my beat up cardboard heroquest bookshelves

THANK YOU GOON SANTA

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

The Bloop posted:

A box arrived yesterday filled with holiday booty

A bunch of very cool dungeon dressing

A lot of these things are crazy detailed and very cool. It will certainly be a step up from my beat up cardboard heroquest bookshelves

THANK YOU GOON SANTA

Glad you like them, but there's no need to exaggerate; NOTHING beats cardboard Heroquest bookshelves.

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
GIFTS AWAY

I know I am late this year but I have been assured by Papa Bezos that they will arrive by the 22nd.

I am also fabricating gifts for my santee that will "certainly" be late, hence the amazon gifts.

Don't worry santee, i got you coming and going this year.

(i have a feeling the fabricated stuff will beat amazon but I wanted to hedge my bets and i will not be a grinch!)

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
GIFTS RECEIVED

Amazing work santa. We have some tiki glasses, some wargames terrain, a game i do not own, a project kit, and not pictured some delicious biltong.

IGNORE THE BLURRY AREAS OF THE PHOTO THEY CERTAINLY DO NOT CONTAIN WORKS IN PROGRESS ON MY FILTHY WORKBENCH. that pixel magic eraser though eh? you would never know there was a giant project on either side of those gifts.

First up, lets get a close up of that terrain.

Not gonna lie, my brain threw a gear here. I was like "thats so damned familiar. its cool, but its also familiar. does someone i know have this piece of terrain? it looks hand made though.

Holy poo poo its a space invader. its a mother loving crashed space invader ship with wiring and poo poo sticking out. how cool is that.

I did not get closeups of the tiki glasses yet, between work, work on my santees gifts, and other things life has been extremely busy, but they were a lovely set of matched...im going to say zombie? glasses. they look like zombie glasses ( the drink not the undead)

Then we have classic love letter. great game, one of the most portable games on earth, and a great beer and pretzels game to keep on you at all times in case of spontaneous diner or bar gaming.

We have a massive piece of biltong that... honestly im not sure how it didnt get into the picture. Biltong is a South African dried meat, similar to jerky but closer to say, a salami or prosciutto. Its cured in big large pieces that you then later slice and this one is delicious.

Finally we have an arduino mega 2560 kit. This thing looks amazing, theres a solderless breadboard, sensors, lights, resistors, an lcd and a segmented display, a motor, a fan, a potentiometer, all the goodies needed to experiment and prototype simple board driven projects. going to have fun introducing my son to the world of programming with this one.

Bravo santee. Bravo. As always this group hits it out of the park

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Lightning round package shipped and should be there by Monday!

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

The second half of your gift is still yet to ship, I sent the seller an email a week or two ago and they just replied to say, essentially, they'll get to it when they get to it. Sorry friend!

No worries! Not your fault people drag their feet - I'm super happy with what you sent already so knowing there's something else is icing on the xmas cake

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?
Email says main round gift part 2 has been delivered. Here's hoping it isn't in a bush/bin somewhere near Santee's house...

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Finally got my gift in the mail. Moving really threw a wrench in things.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Benedict posted:

GIFTS RECEIVED

Amazing work santa. We have some tiki glasses, some wargames terrain, a game i do not own, a project kit, and not pictured some delicious biltong.

IGNORE THE BLURRY AREAS OF THE PHOTO THEY CERTAINLY DO NOT CONTAIN WORKS IN PROGRESS ON MY FILTHY WORKBENCH. that pixel magic eraser though eh? you would never know there was a giant project on either side of those gifts.

First up, lets get a close up of that terrain.

Not gonna lie, my brain threw a gear here. I was like "thats so damned familiar. its cool, but its also familiar. does someone i know have this piece of terrain? it looks hand made though.

Holy poo poo its a space invader. its a mother loving crashed space invader ship with wiring and poo poo sticking out. how cool is that.

I did not get closeups of the tiki glasses yet, between work, work on my santees gifts, and other things life has been extremely busy, but they were a lovely set of matched...im going to say zombie? glasses. they look like zombie glasses ( the drink not the undead)

Then we have classic love letter. great game, one of the most portable games on earth, and a great beer and pretzels game to keep on you at all times in case of spontaneous diner or bar gaming.

We have a massive piece of biltong that... honestly im not sure how it didnt get into the picture. Biltong is a South African dried meat, similar to jerky but closer to say, a salami or prosciutto. Its cured in big large pieces that you then later slice and this one is delicious.

Finally we have an arduino mega 2560 kit. This thing looks amazing, theres a solderless breadboard, sensors, lights, resistors, an lcd and a segmented display, a motor, a fan, a potentiometer, all the goodies needed to experiment and prototype simple board driven projects. going to have fun introducing my son to the world of programming with this one.

Bravo santee. Bravo. As always this group hits it out of the park

I'm so glad that you liked it all, and that it got there undamaged.
You said you needed terrain that wasn't gothic cathedrals so when I saw the Space Invader 3d model I knew it was perfect, it was lots of fun to paint and detail. I kinda wanted to keep it for myself, I'll just have to make another one I guess.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
I got... unexpected packages, but I'm not sure if they're Secret Santa gifts?

Package #1: Sowing the seeds of heresy, with your good friend Horus!

Everyone knows seeds of heresy reap a crop of orthodoxy, right?

Package #2: I got a bunch of Nuns with Guns!

with a gift message for Sam! and that's not my name! or my username!

I also had GW mail one of my orders to Texas (where I don't live) last week, so I think this one might not be for me?

Anyway, please let me know if either package were part of my gifts, so I can let GW know if they have screwed something else up (when I complain about the other two orders that they still haven't sent to me).

If these are Secret Santa gifts, thank you Santa! My Grimdarkness shines a little brighter.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
My gifts are officially in the mail and should be hitting gentle goons by the 15th!
Sorry for the delay, tracking down an item or 2 took longer then I expected but everything is safely away

I'll also do the final lightning round if it happens! I'll shoot off an email an update potentional wants tomorrow, if It is happening

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

thegodofchuck posted:

It's me, I'm Sam.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

BRB changing my name to Sam 😅

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

thegodofchuck posted:

I got... unexpected packages, but I'm not sure if they're Secret Santa gifts?

This is very confusing. I do not have a single goon named "sam" in this year's Spreadsheet of Cheer, although I do have a very short list of goons for whom I was not given a first name. I can think of a few possibilities:
-One of your Santas mixed up and got your name wrong
-Someone accidentally sent you things intended for someone else, maybe not even part of this secret santa

Please can thegodofchuck's santa send me an email, or post here, or PM me, ASAP? thanks!

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I'll also do the final lightning round if it happens! I'll shoot off an email an update potentional wants tomorrow, if It is happening

You would be #3, so yeah apparently. Both of the first two signups are UK goons, so keep that in mind.

Loxbourne posted:

My LR2 cheer has arrived! Photos to follow when possible. Thanks, Anonymous SantaGoon!

And you know what? First in, last out. It's a great year for gifting! Sign me up for Round 5!

What did you get??? :f5:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

No response from other Santa for LR4, sent out gifts anyways! I’m excited about one of them, wasn’t free shipping and I paid a little more to make sure it can (try) to get there before the 21st.

EDIT:

Santa got back to me, no overlap. Woohoo!

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 10, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

No response from other Santa for LR4, sent out gifts anyways! I’m excited about one of them, wasn’t free shipping and I paid a little more to make sure it can (try) to get there before the 21st.

Yeah not everyone is awake or answering emails between like 10pm and 10am pacific, or wherever, so... probably this is the best way to go. Thanks for going the extra mile, these late rounds do entail some risk though!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
LR4 ordered, waiting for shipping confirmation so count me in for round 5!

Bucnasti posted:

I wanna make someone's holiday merry.

Gift Preferences:
I love Chewbacca and Orks.
I recently moved into a house and my walls are in need of decorations
I paint miniatures but I think I've got enough of them unpainted already (I mean unless they're really fuckin weird), I'm getting into making terrain so any neat bits and bobs for that would be cool
I play RPGs and board games, so accessories for either would be fun.
I don't like beer or coffee and I don't eat sweets anymore

Be creative, I tend to just buy any generally available stuff I want/need. Or if you've international send me something I can't find in the US.

Vow:
Grinchin' is for suckas

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've still got two in transit with [????] for tracking. One says arrives on the 21st (whelp) but I can't actually track it.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Leperflesh posted:

This is very confusing. I do not have a single goon named "sam" in this year's Spreadsheet of Cheer, although I do have a very short list of goons for whom I was not given a first name. I can think of a few possibilities:
-One of your Santas mixed up and got your name wrong
-Someone accidentally sent you things intended for someone else, maybe not even part of this secret santa

Please can thegodofchuck's santa send me an email, or post here, or PM me, ASAP? thanks!

You would be #3, so yeah apparently. Both of the first two signups are UK goons, so keep that in mind.

What did you get??? :f5:

For clarification, package #1 (book) had no note at all, package #2 (battle sisters) said "Merry Christmas Sam!!!!" (Yes, four exclamation marks). So, I expect package #2 is most likely a GW mistake, but y'never know. Although there appear to be a lot of Sams out there now. Package #1 might be a Santa gift?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Bloop posted:

I've still got two in transit with [????] for tracking. One says arrives on the 21st (whelp) but I can't actually track it.

I've got 1/2 delivered for lightning round 1, "gathering items" for main round, and blank for round 3. Can you specify which things are in transit? Thanks!

thegodofchuck posted:

For clarification, package #1 (book) had no note at all, package #2 (battle sisters) said "Merry Christmas Sam!!!!" (Yes, four exclamation marks). So, I expect package #2 is most likely a GW mistake, but y'never know. Although there appear to be a lot of Sams out there now. Package #1 might be a Santa gift?

I see!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Lightning Round #4 gifts ordered (apparently will arrive in 3 shipments, curses).

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Status update on gifting: LR2 and LR3 orders have arrived and should be out by tomorrow afternoon.

Also, looks like a box of Christmas cheer got mixed into the pile of Fedex and UPS boxes on my porch the other night:

Thanks to Mr. Cohen for masking the address!

I actually refolded and set aside this wrapping paper because I liked it so much. What festive and uplifting gift could it have concealed?

Well, it’s only bloomin’ Cthulhu Christmas tidings! Surely the most blasphenous and eldritch joyous of holiday cheer.

Seriously this is definitely my jam and am looking forward to digging into the scenarios this weekend. This might be the five push needed for me to check out the 7th edition rule book. My thanks, mystery Santa!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Also let me get in on this Lightning Round 5 craziness. Email forthcoming!

ibntumart posted:

Gift Preferences:
(Note: I l love physical books, but digital is A-OK, too)

• Dune: Absolutely love Dune and have since I was a teen. (I refuse to acknowledge the prequels’ existence, but do have a perverse love for the Lynch movie.) I do have pretty much any printed Dune materials, but any Dune Knick-knacks would be much appreciated!
  • Lord of the Rings: Pretty much anything from books, artwork, t-shirts, figures, etc. Bookwise, I own the trilogy, Hobbit, Silmarillion, and Turin books. GW Middle Earth Battle Strategy books are cool, too! Been hearing good things about but not sure where to start.
  • RPGs: Quirky indies are always fun. I’m interested in GUMSHOE horror RPGs: I have Trail of Cthulhu and the Yellow King rule books, plus the Arkham Files, but that’s pretty much it. Sci-if RPGs not based on licensed properties would be cool, too. ( Just throwing I would alsolove a copy of The One Ring Oaths of the Riddermark, but not getting my hopes up!)
  • Photography: I’ve been meaning to learn how to take proper photos, any practical beginner level photography materials would be nifty.
  • Fountain Pens: Inks, stationary, washi tape, journals, sealing wax, and other such nonsense are dear to my often ink-stained hands.
  • Languages: I will never tire of grammars, dictionaries, phrase books, etc. in other languages. I do want to up my Korean study and also work on Chinese characters, but honestly any non-Indo-European language is fun!
  • Comestibles: Snacks, beers, chocos, candies, and other delicacies are always ravenously shoved down my Goon gullet savored with care and refinement.
  • Dice: Anything cool or wonderfully weird, really (D10s and D20s especially

Vow of Utmost Solemnity:
I must not grinch. Grinching is the TGSS killer. Grinching is the little-dickishness that brings total disappointment. I will face my Ralphie. I will permit presents to ship from me and Amazon. And when they have shipped, I will turn the inner eye to see their tracking numbers. Where the gifts have gone, there will be nothing grinched. Only Ralphie’s gifts will remain.

(So yeah, I won’t be a Grinch, promise!)