Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
SMT V feels like it's pretty juttery for the parts I've played so far. Did I get too used to my XBOXs constant 60?

It's doing it even docked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Apotheosis in the World of Shadows. You can pull skills or attributes (ie; change your weaknesses and resistances), but not both, from a Demon essence. They're all one-shot uses too, so choose what you pull out of a Demon essence and what you put it on carefully. I think you're kinda missing out if you want to spec the Nahobino as support though (you do you of course), because you get some very nice Phys and Almighty moves from Essences tailored specifically for the Nahabino fairly early.

Cool bean, thanks. Maybe I'll go stabby or magic.

Aerofallosov fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 9, 2021

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Loop Hero preorders will unlock tonight :woop:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

poop hero.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Zurtilik posted:

SMT V feels like it's pretty juttery for the parts I've played so far. Did I get too used to my XBOXs constant 60?

The Switch is giving it everything it's got, captain.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Loop Hero on controller is probably weird as gently caress but that game is sick. Enjoy Switch people.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1468813417087528964?t=GCt2AkzW4GJf-_MI9tlXRQ&s=19

I'm free...

vvvvv Way ahead of you.

American McGay fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 9, 2021

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
That's quitter talk, you must seek out more pircosses to defeat

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Nicely done. I just wrapped up Sega Picross. Though I never do the Mega Picross modes - not a fan. I always want more color Picross instead but they only give you a few of them.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Zurtilik posted:

the switch has no chance against the kind of calculations necessary to run a smt game . . . does the demon want it? or not? *switch crashes*

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

A shame, because the DS could actually summon demons.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Zurtilik posted:

Having it docked usually makes the framerate worse, because it raises the resolution vs during handheld gameplay

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
BEEDLEJUICE!

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
You have to say it three times man

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No if three people say it once it counts

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

John Wick of Dogs posted:

No if three people say it once it counts

Community has taught me that.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Betelgeuse?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Bazelgeuse

Dr. Shithead
Jun 27, 2008

You got your rhythm goin' now?
OK so I have a couple of dumbish questions and both are only related to the fact they are both on switch so I'll split them by content below:

Picross question- In color picross, on S3 specifically, I notice these color tabs that pop up (where the line-hint, blue-triangles are) when you fill in squares- How are you supposed to read these colored tabs? When these colored tabs appear and you use a trigger, it greys out a bunch of boxes (I'm assuming that means the specific color it is highlighting shouldn't go there) but there are multiple color tabs and some of them have 'x' in them so it is not very clear as to how to use the information.

Weird hardware question- I have used both the SkullnCo case with a set of mod-ed joy cons (to get a dpad on the left con and gave them both a grey and purple theme) and the SSPs; I really really like the form factor of the SSP but miss all the joy con features. I have been thinking of the possibility of just hot-swaping the joycon internals into the SSP but I suspect it is not that easy. I am fairly competent with tech screw drivers and a soldering iron so I feel like I'd be fully capable of doing an internal swap, and finding a new place or method for attaching the joycon internals to the SSP case. My main hang-up would be around the different sticks and any differences in signal protocols, signal voltage value/ranges, etc. that exists between them. I have to image that all the other buttons (except the back paddles and turbo function which I don't care if I loose these functions) would have the similar enough or the same hardware that I could just swap them out 1 to 1- or with little finagling. I cannot seem to find anyone on the internet who has done this and reported on it so my question is if anyone else has thought about it, and/or knows how to address any possible issues, or if I am not considering something that would make this not work at all. I know this is probably more effort than it is worth but it seems like a fun project if it would result in a working joycon SPP.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

I've actually noticed slowdown more while docked than while handheld. It's not unplayable especially due to being a JRPG and not an action game but it does seem like unreal runs like poo poo on switch.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Dang. Maybe I'll keep it to handheld then.

Still a neat game so far. No Egrets.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The True Colors port is in Unreal and it's an amazing port. Sacrifices were made from other console versions but it looks and runs great, uses its own lighting and models.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

beer gas canister posted:

Loop Hero preorders will unlock tonight :woop:

Neat -- lemme know how it is. That one looked kinda cool when they announced it, then I forgot about it. And right now my SMT:V is in some stocking or other.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
I finished Dragon’s Dogma yesterday on this thread’s recommendation from way back whenever it came out. It’s good, but it feels like it’s about 75% of a great game but they ran out of money and had to wrap it up. The gameplay is mostly solid, but the world and story aren’t really fleshed out. I had two conversations with the Duke’s wife and all of a sudden she’s the thing I love most in the world? What? He throws me in prison for assaulting her but the instant I break out it’s never mentioned again? There’s a lot of stuff like that.

When you first leave the opening town it seems like there’s going to be this huge world to explore, but then nope, there’s only one other city and maybe 20 caves/ruins and that’s it. The combat is pretty fun, and the mix of standard/giant enemies is good. It just feels like it needed a bigger budget to make good on its ideas.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Pirate Captain posted:

I finished Dragon’s Dogma yesterday on this thread’s recommendation from way back whenever it came out. It’s good, but it feels like it’s about 75% of a great game but they ran out of money and had to wrap it up. The gameplay is mostly solid, but the world and story aren’t really fleshed out. I had two conversations with the Duke’s wife and all of a sudden she’s the thing I love most in the world? What? He throws me in prison for assaulting her but the instant I break out it’s never mentioned again? There’s a lot of stuff like that.

When you first leave the opening town it seems like there’s going to be this huge world to explore, but then nope, there’s only one other city and maybe 20 caves/ruins and that’s it. The combat is pretty fun, and the mix of standard/giant enemies is good. It just feels like it needed a bigger budget to make good on its ideas.

DD gets by on great combat and incredibly janky charm.
I mean, what other game can you throw hirelings at a cyclops until they die?

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Hammer Bro. posted:

Neat -- lemme know how it is. That one looked kinda cool when they announced it, then I forgot about it. And right now my SMT:V is in some stocking or other.

you're gonna have a good christmas :cheers:

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

did you do the expansion? it's the best part of the game, i.e. the combat, in a dungeon full of crazy monsters and weird stuff.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Foul Fowl posted:

did you do the expansion? it's the best part of the game, i.e. the combat, in a dungeon full of crazy monsters and weird stuff.

Bitterback Isle? I didn’t, I had kinda had enough by the end of the main game. I’ll go back at some point in the future when I want that combat fix.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Is sinking city OK on the Switch?

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Bitterback Isle? I didn’t, I had kinda had enough by the end of the main game. I’ll go back at some point in the future when I want that combat fix.

yeah that's the one, it's really good. feels like the kind of game DD should have been instead of the half baked open world and cool ideas that don't really work.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

The trolls-as-luchadores totally did work and I won't hear otherwise.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-12-09/nes-snes-creator-masayuki-uemura-passes-away/.180447

the NES creator passed away :smith:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Just blow in his slot and try again

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Now he’s gotta give the controller to his little brother

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zurtilik posted:

It doesn't get any better, the performance is just terrible across the board. Game releases for PC next year.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Is there a super easy mode for mario kart? Thinking of getting it for my 6yo but if she's just going to keep getting hit by blue shells and whatnot whenever she's in the lead I don't think she'd enjoy it.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Frankston posted:

Is there a super easy mode for mario kart? Thinking of getting it for my 6yo but if she's just going to keep getting hit by blue shells and whatnot whenever she's in the lead I don't think she'd enjoy it.

There's auto-accelerate and auto-steer, also the items are not *quite* as unfair as they've been in past entries.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Ragequit posted:

Nicely done. I just wrapped up Sega Picross. Though I never do the Mega Picross modes - not a fan. I always want more color Picross instead but they only give you a few of them.

There's a few color picross phone apps with daily puzzles. Not as good but they might help scratch that itch.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

CPColin posted:

Just blow in his slot and try again

:dogwhistle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Ragequit posted:

pixaal posted:

There's a few color picross phone apps with daily puzzles. Not as good but they might help scratch that itch.

i recommend pic-a-pix on mobile, i don't remember how much it starts with but there's 10000 dlc collections for 1-2 dollars apiece. pic-a-pix is also on switch but i completely love the interface on ios and i don't think the switch one is as good.