Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Except Robin. He doesn't touch that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Bonzo posted:

I don't know if Howard ever called Natalie fat (and she would have called him out on it imho) but ETM did says he was going to "gently caress her chubby butthole" if she didn't stop arguing with him.

Which was funny for a couple of reasons:
1) ETM wasn't even physically able to gently caress. When he lost his virginity, the women had to ride him.
2) His first call in to the show was to defend Kelly Clarkson after Howard called her fat.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lifespan posted:

Except Robin. He doesn't touch that.

Except he sort of does, any time he talks about a woman's weight who's at all smaller than Robin.

If he thinks, say, 125lbs is fat, and for example Robin is anything north of that, he's essentially saying it about her, too.

But it's not like Howard would ever consider that.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Lifespan posted:

Howard has a pretty severe case of body dysmorphia and projects that on to other people constantly. It makes me wonder as Robin has had weight issues her whole life and I think she is actually at her largest right now, so listening to Howard railing on people for not being stick thin must be odd.

Howard has always been obsessed with weight and not eating. To him, the more skinny you are, the more attractive you are. An emaciated woman could walk in with visible ribs, and he'd probably still tell her to lose 10 pounds.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

YeahTubaMike posted:

What a terrifying thing to say. :stare:

His wife was smacking him calling him horrible for saying that but yeah.

They are broke as poo poo and even still he bought a boat so he could "work on it" all day; aka ignoring his two children.

I am not joking when I say he did not show up to his own daughter's 3rd birthday party. They're not even divorced or anything. He just said "that's the wife's job, I'm going fishing".

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

YeahTubaMike posted:

Which was funny for a couple of reasons:
1) ETM wasn't even physically able to gently caress. When he lost his virginity, the women had to ride him.

Ya know, I never really considered Eric's fragility during the whole Bunny Ranch escapade. Even riding him must've required a delicate touch. I imagine the guy had bones like a bird. Air Force Amy should get the Nobel Peace Prize.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Didn't he pretty much call the Bunny Ranch constantly after that or even tried the owner's (Dennis?) personal number?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

His wife was smacking him calling him horrible for saying that but yeah.

They are broke as poo poo and even still he bought a boat so he could "work on it" all day; aka ignoring his two children.

I am not joking when I say he did not show up to his own daughter's 3rd birthday party. They're not even divorced or anything. He just said "that's the wife's job, I'm going fishing".

If I were married to someone who said something like that, I would think long and hard about whether or not I wanted to continue my life with him. Seriously.

Also, someone who views their child's birthday party as a parental obligation exclusively other than their own (and views animal harm as funny) seems utterly conscience-less, in a mentally ill sort of way.

edit:

Bonzo posted:

Didn't he pretty much call the Bunny Ranch constantly after that or even tried the owner's (Dennis?) personal number?

Yeah, he was calling Hayley & Cherry every day like they were friends. Iirc, when they finally got sick of Eric, Dennis (may he rest in peace) tried to throw Robin (or somebody else from the show) under the bus by convincing him that she was cockblocking him somehow.

I've been listening to his saga constantly lately. Each year feels like a season of a show.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 8, 2021

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

I saw 32 new posts and immediately assumed someone died. Whew.

You should know better by now

You should ALL know better by now!!!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Bonzo posted:

From what I recall Dennis and Eric became buddies, then one time Dennis was in town and wanted to visit Eric while Eric still lived with his parents. But when he got there Eric just closed the curtains and told his family to ignore Dennis and that led to a fight on the show.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Remember after his first visit to the Ranch, Howard asked if he was in love and his response was some thing like "I don't want to say." I want to say "poor kid" but he was like 30 then.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

cumshitter posted:

From what I recall Dennis and Eric became buddies, then one time Dennis was in town and wanted to visit Eric while Eric still lived with his parents. But when he got there Eric just closed the curtains and told his family to ignore Dennis and that led to a fight on the show.

Yeah, Eric told him that if he let him in, his parents would have disapproved and then he would have been sent to The Lakehouse as punishment. It's not like he would have had to tell them though. Whatever, he wasn't exactly known for his good judgement.

Lifespan posted:

Remember after his first visit to the Ranch, Howard asked if he was in love and his response was some thing like "I don't want to say." I want to say "poor kid" but he was like 30 then.

And then there was the whole Kendra thing. :doh:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Who was it that saw two of the prostitutes on their way in to gently caress Eric and said they had a look on their faces like they were being marched to the gas chamber?

haljordan fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 8, 2021

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

YeahTubaMike posted:

If I were married to someone who said something like that, I would think long and hard about whether or not I wanted to continue my life with him. Seriously.

Also, someone who views their child's birthday party as a parental obligation exclusively other than their own (and views animal harm as funny) seems utterly conscience-less, in a mentally ill sort of way.

If it makes you feel better, her friends hated him so much that she completely lost every one of her childhood friends when she married him.

She told this to my wife because she was so appreciative to have a friend (my wife met her at a park my kids play at).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

haljordan posted:

Who was it that saw two of the prostitutes on their way in to gently caress Eric and said they had a look on their faces like they were being marched to the gas chamber?

That definitely sounds like Artie.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

haljordan posted:

Jimmy kimmel said this

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Howwwwwwwwwwid! *caw caw*

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Johnny Brennan had his own podcast for a while and absolutely none of them were fake. He even talked about what some of the people wanted for permission to be on the album. The one with the chain saw (where Sol drops it on his legs), the woman actually wanted a chain saw so they went to Sears and got her one.

He also put out a new album (first one in 20 years) a few months ago and it's really good. The guy is just amazing with improv and quick responses.

My favorite story was about how the whole "hucklebuck" call came to be. His agent knew the head of A&M records (Juggy Gales) and wanted to prank him. So Johnny says "give me as little information as possible, that makes it funnier". So his agent says "OK, his name is Juggy Gales, he thinks he invented a dance called The Hucklebuck, and he loaned Frank Sinatra some money". And then his brain fills in the rest while he's pranking them.

Eh I dunno. I think it's pretty hosed up to make fun of someone for their cat being hit by a car. I am biased because I do animal rescue, but I have "helped" cats who were hit by cars and very often it's a really slow and terrible death. I still get nightmares about the sounds they made :(

I think Jackie went on record saying it was his #1 for most hurtful experience ever on the show. I dunno, I think really low of people who would laugh at something like that (not you for laughing at it; I am referring to Howard).

My wife and I were watching the Brittany Murphy documentary this weekend (it's pretty good; it just came out on HBO) and one of the major contributing factors to her death was anorexia which made her immune system non-existent. They played a clip from the early 2000s of Howard calling her a fat disgusting pig who probably had herpes and honestly it kind of shocked the poo poo out of me that he was that much of a piece of poo poo. I know a lot of the people here don't listen to him any more because he's "soft" now but there's no loving way I would be listening to him if that's the kind of person he is. She wasn't someone who was on the show to be evaluated, and she never did anything to him for him to say that. I don't think I've gone soft either; I still watch and listen to most of the stuff I grew up with and the 80s and 90s, but I always found being an rear end in a top hat towards people who weren't bothering anyone to be really low class. Oddly enough a few years ago my wife and I went out to dinner with her friend and my wife's friend's husband and he was telling us about how he was working on a roof and saw a car hit and kill a cat and how funny it was. It immediately turned me off to him (as did my wife) and I told her flat out I never want to hang out with him again. Side note: the guy is such a piece of poo poo he didn't show up to his own daughter's birthday because he went fishing with friends. I was there and he wasn't! lol.

Anyways to be more on topic my unpopular opinion is the show is still pretty good. Not as good as the Artie/Howard News Team days, but it still gives me a lot of laughs (I legit belly laugh every time Greta Tuneberg comes on because it's always after they are talking about something perverted). "How dare you talk about King of All Blacks sniffing his wife's panties when the ozone layer is depleting at an alarming rate!!" gets me every time.

I also love the Ronnie stuff. They still kinda do back office stuff which is what I love the most. Ronnie's reverse house was the best.

edit: also I can listen to Steve Nowicki doing Alex Jones or Sal's dad 24/7.

edit 2: somebody was asking about what happened to Stern Fan Network earlier and I just came across this on usenet: HTVOD - Super Fan Network Shut Down - 12-14-11

Apparently they discussed it on the show and it even made it to HowardTV. I haven't watched it yet (it's still downloading).

I listen to all sorts of old poo poo (I think I have some shows from the 80's but Howard was more legitimately annoying back then) and I usually just write off Howard's lovely political takes, and how he called everybody fat and disgusting before he was in the "in" crowd (especially women who were average in size and not even overweight, who might actually enjoy eating good food or lovely fast/junk food once in a while like most normal people). It's easy to fast forward through most of those segments. I really started to get sickened by how much they'd mock and laugh at dead celebrities though, like not universally-despised characters but Kurt Cobain, Princess Di, etc. And the worst to me was Jackie's cat. It was just needlessly cruel and they also mocked Nancy for getting grieving counseling over the cat. Considering how the only time Howard came close to crying on the air was when his bulldog Bianca died, it's just a lovely thing to use for show material, song parodies and everything.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Yeah I didn't mean to imply that I thought it was hilarious when Jackie's cat died. I was just pointing out what a giant hypocrite Howard has always been.

Also the unmitigated gall of having fuckin Ralph of all people sit there with a laser pointer and point out supposed flaws in people's looks

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Zoben posted:

I really started to get sickened by how much they'd mock and laugh at dead celebrities though, like not universally-despised characters but Kurt Cobain, Princess Di, etc.

Selena too

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

When did the cat die? I ask because there's a whole thing in Ms America about him trying to find his kid's lost cat. Something about him with an electric can opener and extension cord looking around the neighborhood.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Bonzo posted:

When did the cat die? I ask because there's a whole thing in Ms America about him trying to find his kid's lost cat. Something about him with an electric can opener and extension cord looking around the neighborhood.

August of 2000 it looks like. Also Howard was probably full of poo poo and had the maid go look for the cat.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 8, 2021

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The hardest part about listening to shows from the 90s is the liberal use of human being. I know we discussed recently and a lot has changed since then, but oof. Listening to it now doesn't come across as offensive just embarrassing and cringey.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
That lasted well in to the 2000s. It was only when Takei became a regular and told them they shouldn't use the word that everyone except Artie stopped using it.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Lifespan posted:

That lasted well in to the 2000s. It was only when Takei became a regular and told them they shouldn't use the word that everyone except Artie stopped using it.

Artie is 100% in the closet, I don't care what any of you say.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Artie absolutely would have let one of the Queer Eye guys gently caress him if they had called his bluff. I'm absolutely sure of it. One of the biggest examples of alcohol as truth serum I've ever seen in my life.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

kylej posted:

Ya know, I never really considered Eric's fragility during the whole Bunny Ranch escapade. Even riding him must've required a delicate touch. I imagine the guy had bones like a bird. Air Force Amy should get the Nobel Peace Prize.

One of my favorite Eric clips is when Air Force Amy called and described her loving him and said something like " i wasn't sure if he could cum, then I started blowing him and he almost blew my head off"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

barnold posted:

Artie absolutely would have let one of the Queer Eye guys gently caress him if they had called his bluff. I'm absolutely sure of it. One of the biggest examples of alcohol as truth serum I've ever seen in my life.

It was pretty funny how he later claimed he was "the best guest that show ever had" when one of the hosts was on tape literally saying "I don't want to do this anymore, this isn't fun and I'm embarrassed to be here."

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

haljordan posted:

It was pretty funny how he later claimed he was "the best guest that show ever had" when one of the hosts was on tape literally saying "I don't want to do this anymore, this isn't fun and I'm embarrassed to be here."

I don't think he has a good barometer for that, especially back in his "dancing" days. Kind of like how he claimed he toned it down for the second part of that (in)famous Joe Buck show appearance, the portion that was part of some Internet only broadcast.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

I don't think he has a good barometer for that, especially back in his "dancing" days. Kind of like how he claimed he toned it down for the second part of that (in)famous Joe Buck show appearance, the portion that was part of some Internet only broadcast.

Sadly, a lot of guys have Artie's logic of "I know gay people, therefore I can drop the f-bomb with impunity!"

edit: Another unpopular opinion of mine is that Ronnie is a loving gross, unfunny creep and I could give a poo poo if Howard didn't give him a goodbye party. Good riddance.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 9, 2021

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

haljordan posted:

Sadly, a lot of guys have Artie's logic of "I know gay people, therefore I can drop the f-bomb with impunity!"

edit: Another unpopular opinion of mine is that Ronnie is a loving gross, unfunny creep and I could give a poo poo if Howard didn't give him a goodbye party. Good riddance.

I don't think Ronnie being gross and creepy af is an unpopular opinion

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTJhnuQMbL8

Barreft fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Dec 10, 2021

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
He is definitely super gross, but I think he is funny when he just loses his poo poo for no loving reason. Like someone would come in the studio and say "Ronnie looks a little tired today" and he would walk in yelling, take personal shots, then start claiming he has some big secret about them he will let out.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I only say that because the posters on Reddit (I know, I know) worship him as some sort of demigod because he moved to Vegas and goes to strip clubs all the time

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

haljordan posted:

I only say that because the posters on Reddit (I know, I know) worship him as some sort of demigod because he moved to Vegas and goes to strip clubs all the time

oh god, well yeah thats a different dimension lol

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

haljordan posted:

Such a change from living in New York and going to strip clubs all the time.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Bonzo posted:

Such a change from living in New York and going to strip clubs all the time.

Hey, whats your problem pal?
He's fuckin scores man, got a tattoo.
He's about meeting girls, he's about meeting guys.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Ronnie is such a toddler, his "strategy" of arguing where he just repeats back what the other person said and adding "Yeah ok" always infuriated me

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
The "hopey copey" thing was hilarious, before he made it into a whole intentional thing.

That whole block party where he got too drunk was hilarious.

edit:

haljordan posted:

Ronnie is such a toddler, his "strategy" of arguing where he just repeats back what the other person said and adding "Yeah ok" always infuriated me

Hey, why do you gotta rip my rear end in a top hat apart, huh?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

haljordan posted:

Lol he reminds me of a friend my buddies and I dropped because he got into coke and would embarrass the gently caress out of us by bragging to people at parties that he went to whore houses when he traveled to see family in South America.

Like congrats dude, you went into a whorehouse with money and managed to get laid. I just recently bought gas from a gas station, myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

haljordan posted:

Yeah, well, we'll see about that. I know some people that might care what you did that one night. I know.