Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Frankston posted:

Is there a super easy mode for mario kart? Thinking of getting it for my 6yo but if she's just going to keep getting hit by blue shells and whatnot whenever she's in the lead I don't think she'd enjoy it.

Tell her to git gud

Also she'll be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Frankston posted:

Is there a super easy mode for mario kart? Thinking of getting it for my 6yo but if she's just going to keep getting hit by blue shells and whatnot whenever she's in the lead I don't think she'd enjoy it.

Auto steer + auto accelerate on 50cc can occasionally win races on its own, iirc. A 6yr old should be fine.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
back when bitterblack isle was released I made up several lore blurbs for its enemies that the wiki treated like they were legitimate and I’m unreasonably proud of that

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I've heard hype about Loop Hero, and I'm always down for roguelites. What stands out about this one?

I mean I'll probably buy it regardless, but just curious.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The Pirate Captain posted:

Bitterback Isle? I didn’t, I had kinda had enough by the end of the main game. I’ll go back at some point in the future when I want that combat fix.

Me and you both. I should try the DLC, but I had enough just finishing it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Auto steer + auto accelerate on 50cc can occasionally win races on its own, iirc. A 6yr old should be fine.

I played mostly on 50CC at the SNES Mario Kart at roughly the same age. Kids are fine being bad at games and slamming their face into the first level for hours.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mega64 posted:

I've heard hype about Loop Hero, and I'm always down for roguelites. What stands out about this one?

I mean I'll probably buy it regardless, but just curious.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Bug Squash posted:

Is sinking city OK on the Switch?

As a portable version of the game, it works. The graphics are a bit of a downgrade, but gameplay wise it might even be a step up, especially with the gyro aim.

It's also the only version the developers get their money from, since their publisher kinda screwed them over.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Ghost of a Ghost isn't even it's final form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyCPka34TQ4

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Frankston posted:

There is also "time trial" mode, where you're the only person on the track, so no shells. And someone wayyyyy upthread suggested playing alongside their kid, but trying to mess up the computers rather than trying to win, to improve the kid's odds.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Just makes me wistful for Double Dash (which my kids still demand to play).

You can just toss the younger kid on the back of the kart and put them on shell and banana duty. It rules.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Frankston posted:

VS mode > set it to no items and the ai to easy

Note: in this instance "VS" is not an abbreviation for versus

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 9, 2021

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I remember letting the AI lap me so I could get in front of them as a kid. Or run the track backwards to see if I could win that way. Kids will try all sorts of dumb poo poo, let them. If they are having fun it doesn't matter. If you try and force them to "do it right" it becomes frustrating and annoying instead of fun. This is how controllers hit TVs and mommy's head.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Best thing in Mario Kart 64 was runnin' alongside the train down the railroad track instead of following the course.

Or trying to scale the mountain.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
My two sons play a game of tag between Mario and Bowser Jr in Bowser's Fury where they go into this one specific coin basement.

Like it's just an empty square room and they will chase each other around forever playing tag. It's amazing.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I liked doing donuts in front of Peach’s castle in MK64. Was kinda mad it was blocked off when the track was brought back in 7/8

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

hatty posted:

I liked doing donuts in front of Peach’s castle in MK64. Was kinda mad it was blocked off when the track was brought back in 7/8

:emptyquote:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Was just able to order an OLED from Wal-Mart.com (Link). Supposed to come in on Saturday. Hope it goes through!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I just spotted three of them at my local Walmart half an hour ago. :canada:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

My two sons play a game of tag between Mario and Bowser Jr in Bowser's Fury where they go into this one specific coin basement.

Like it's just an empty square room and they will chase each other around forever playing tag. It's amazing.

Growing up, a few buddies and I would play tag on Wave Race 64. We'd just go backwards at the start of the race a little then start. It was really fun with huge waves.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

My favorite part is that they're both very "active" players so they get done playing this game of tag and they're entirely out of breath.

"Please move apart so you stop kicking each other."

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Mega64 posted:

Was just able to order an OLED from Wal-Mart.com (Link). Supposed to come in on Saturday. Hope it goes through!

Hell yeah! Vita means life

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Me and my friends would play hide and seek in Mario Kart 64. We’d start a vs race, one person would leave the room or turn around or whatever, the other player would go hide somewhere and then tape a piece of paper over their half of the screen. We’d start a timer to see how long it took to find and tag the other player.

Obviously some maps were better than others for this stupid game.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So I hear there's a big commercial and masturbatory advertising function masquerading as an awards show tonight and it feels weird not being excited about a new smash reveal

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Calaveron posted:

So I hear there's a big commercial and masturbatory advertising function masquerading as an awards show tonight and it feels weird not being excited about a new smash reveal

It's called the Trailer Awards! :eng101:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Do you think the shaving roboman will make an appearance? Will the mitre be cool ranch this year?

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 22, 2021

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The game awards are the last bastion of live E3 presentations and all the unintentional comedy that came with them. I look forward to watching a YouTube compilation in the morning of all the funny bits

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

If you're familiar with Game Builder Garage, my sons have gotten QUITE a bit of playtime just from the tag demo game you're taught how to make.

I was shocked at how much they enjoyed it :stare:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Mega64 posted:

Hell yeah, returned the unopened regular switch I bought.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

PERSONA 4 Ultimax is coming to Switch.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is that different from Golden on PC? Do I have to buy it again??

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

cum jabbar posted:

Is that different from Golden on PC? Do I have to buy it again??

It's the fighting game.

Well, specifically the second fighting game, but there's not really a reason to go back to the first.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Detective No. 27 posted:

Oh cool. Now all I need is a remaster of 3D Dot Game Heroes and I can claim that past me foresaw all this and saved money by not buying a PS3 and it totally wasn't that I was a broke unemployed bum for those years.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Zinkraptor posted:

It's the fighting game.

Well, specifically the second fighting game, but there's not really a reason to go back to the first.
Yeah, IIRC, at least on PS3 there was free DLC for Ultimax that was straight-up just Arena's story mode.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Did Jeff Keely show breath of the wild 4 yet? I'm not watching that poo poo.

Actually Nintendo haven't said they are announcing anything at all have they? The major Nintendo accounts on Twitter all seem to assume they will announce or show something, so it's funny to me to think there will be nothing from Nintendo at all

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Did Jeff Keely show breath of the wild 4 yet? I'm not watching that poo poo.

no they just showed a Star Wars game developed by sex pest company quantic dream

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Fuckin' lol is this the game my news feed has been saying was SMTV/P5 to PC for days?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What's a ultimax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

John Wick of Dogs posted:

What's a ultimax

It's Persona except none of the things that made Persona fun to play