Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Jove Tone posted:

A local prominent member of my community got caught on gym cameras having an affair and it's all anyone will talk about in the free-weights gossip corner

Dedicated spotter right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

numberoneposter posted:

going to the gym today

any exercise recommendations?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Ahhh the inclined standing acoustic hip thrust.

Been seeing lots of hip thrusts recently. Must be trending on tiktok.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 23, 2021

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Sorry for the glare. Will try and get better pics. These are very motivational for me. I'm very happy to share these with you.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

ROCK HARD

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Wait until we get to the xxx rated corner

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Booties posted:

Sorry for the glare. Will try and get better pics. These are very motivational for me. I'm very happy to share these with you.

Put "2022" in the center of that and you just made my vision board for next year.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

CmdrRiker posted:

Put "2022" in the center of that and you just made my vision board for next year.

I forgot to take a pic today. I’ll post a few next time I go. The deadlift area is the best anyway

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Get an HD scan and sell prints

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Booties posted:

Oh poo poo its THE MAXX

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
We’ll explore this quadrant next

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Gonna start my own modern gym with pictures of internet lifting celebrities on one wall under a "Natty or Not?!?" banner

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Alright Goons, I'm attempting 365lb deadlift today. That's my first big checkpoint on my way to 405lb. I did 355lb last week, so I'm hoping the extra 10lb comes off the ground.

E: Got it about two inches off the ground before I stalled out.

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 27, 2021

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Booties posted:

We’ll explore this quadrant next

I wonder how much PEDs you have to buy before you get a Juiced Up banner?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Squatted 197.5kg and deadlifted 190kg for a couple of all time PRs. Bodyweight of 93kg.

Was complimented by multiple people on how juicy I am :yosbutt:

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
gently caress yeah. Nice one mate

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Anyone have any experience dealing with Rhomboid Major pain, particularly at the very bottom, right at the scapula? I can lift heavy weights, but God forbid I lie on my side, propped up on one arm for more than a minute or two (if I lie on my left side, my right Rhomboid spazzes out, the inverse is also true).

Couldn't work out today because it hurts to take a deep breath or turn to the right more than a few degrees. Couldn't muster the strength to load any weight for the overhead press and doing squats was also out of the question. Foam rolling, using a ball, or using one of those massage guns doesn't bring much relief either.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
^^^ in my experience just don't worry about it, and certainly don't skip workouts because of it. Upper back pain, even pretty severe cases, have always resolved spontaneously for me. In fact, I emphasize upper back movements at that time. As with any injury, I'm not a medical doctor, and you shouldn't keep doing a movement if the pain gets worse as you warm up, but if it stays the same or gets better have at it. Once I accept that it's not a big deal the only real setback is that it does make it hard to get a good night sleep yeah. That goes for any injury but upper back especially I've found to be not a big deal

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

feelix posted:

Honestly lately I feel like the best way to deal with aches and pains is to find an exercise that seems to "aggravate" it. If the pain gets worse with repeated exposure to a very light resistance then you probably need to go to the doctor. If it gets better as you warm up/get blood to the area/whatever, then just start doing that exercise regularly and progressing the load and the pain will typically go away permanently.

I think this is the only post I've ever made on these forums that people have actually liked

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Yoga's how I deal with that sort of pain. Cat/cow and child's pose especially are nice on the back. Hits the low intensity movement mentioned nicely.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
How come you're supposed to factor in the weight of the sled when figuring leg press relative intensities but not partial bodyweight for squats :thunk:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

feelix posted:

I think this is the only post I've ever made on these forums that people have actually liked

Yeah, I tried "aggravating" it and it didn't get worse, but it certainly didn't get better. It was a really sharp pain that kind of just sapped my strength. I'd set up for OHP for what's normally warmup weight and just holding it in the neutral position hurt. I certainly didn't make it past the sticking point. Same with just putting 135lb on my back for a squat. If I had to describe it, it would be like suddenly getting stabbed with a white hot poker.

It doesn't happen terribly often because I tend to avoid the positions that tend to gently caress with my back, but I should probably see a doctor about it one day.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I add 100% of my body weight for squats and dead lifts and bent over rows.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

bird with big dick posted:

I add 100% of my body weight for squats and dead lifts and bent over rows.

I just added 100% body weight to my body weight

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Booties posted:

I just added 100% body weight to my body weight

On purpose or 'cause of Covid?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Here's me squatting. This gif almost loops to make a perpetual squat workout.

Except for a small moment of time where my gut sinks between my legs, you almost can't tell that I gained 100 lbs over lockdown. Whoops!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Hellblazer187 posted:

Except for a small moment of time where my gut sinks between my legs, you almost can't tell that I gained 100 lbs over lockdown. Whoops!

Oh hell yeah, my dude. Those were some clean rear end reps.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Half of that is muscle, right?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I squat

Jove Tone
Jan 12, 2006

Is that little cage around you to keep other people out... or you in??

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

nooneofconsequence posted:

Half of that is muscle, right?

Some of it surely is. I had lost 85 lbs in a few months leading up to lockdown. I went on a medically supervised protein sparing fast, but I don't think it actually spared all that much protein. First few months I stuck with healthy diet but by about June 2020 the depression was well and truly in and I became a dumpster for candy bars and hamburgers. When my pandemic weight gain was at 80 lbs, I did the math based on my bodyfat scale and that was about 40 lbs fat and about 40 lbs not fat (which doesn't necessarily mean all muscle, either). I think it was regaining some muscle I'd lost when I shed 85 lbs in like 4 months. Medically supervised or not, it was not wise.

I'll lose at least some of this weight again at some point but I'll be smarter about it. For now I'm focused on getting healthier dietary habits, increasing my daily walking, and getting my olympic lifts higher.

Jove Tone posted:

Is that little cage around you to keep other people out... or you in??

It's for keeping the dog out. He could easily push it over if he wanted to but he's never tried.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Oh hell yeah, my dude. Those were some clean rear end reps.

Thank you!

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

managed to hit a 280 single on bench, without a spot today

p sure im sitting around 290-295 1rm and was trying to hit 300 before years' end but starting to feel REAL TIGHT on time to hit that. sad times

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Walked posted:

p sure im sitting around 290-295 1rm and was trying to hit 300 before years' end but starting to feel REAL TIGHT on time to hit that. sad times

Bet you hit that 300 with a spot. That added confidence boost of "someone is standing right there" gives you a surprising amount of strength.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Walked posted:

I believe in you

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

Got the plague which has interrupted my peaking; also running real short on time for 2021 goals...

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Walked posted:

Elitefts is selling some pretty powerful ammonia bottles right now... Combine that with a spot and you got 300 easy

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Walked posted:

What did you start the year at?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

January 1st, probably.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

I dunno. Been lifting but with consistency issues for a long while.

Probably like 205 but was out of shape; ramped to 235-245 pretty quick and been a grind since

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Is there a creatine shortage or something? Like 3 brands of powder I'd buy have been out of stock on Amazon for months and almost everything left is overpriced pills.