Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

mbt posted:

theyve fixed some but not all. the biggest openmw change is now weapon swings hitting at the end instead of the start of the animation. it makes combat even more of a joke bc you can backpedal and enemies don't move forward to follow through on their swings lol. you as a player can capitalize on that but they don't

Are they aware that is a problem and do they plan to fix it? I'm glad their AI is getting better. It sounds like you'd just have to force yourself not to abuse the way it works right now.

So, what's new or upcoming with TR?

Node fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

If you're planning no mods OpenMW will be perfect. I'd highly suggest getting the AI up scaled textures:

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46221

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

kazr posted:

If you're planning no mods OpenMW will be perfect. I'd highly suggest getting the AI up scaled textures:

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46221

Do this.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Despite all the nice things that MGE XE and MWSE-Lua provides. I think the stability, fps and far better camera more than makes up for the lacking mods you can use and less stellar lighting. Besides it might actually give people the tools to make their own animations with time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Doesn't base Morrowind now have a way to add animations?

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

You can but IIRC, its quite limited, which is part of what OpenMW will work on in the future. That is probably on top of the priority list now along with providing options for lighting and supporting Tes3MP.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

unemployment came to an end and i haven't really touched morrowind since but i still feel bad about never updating that slav squat mod with beast support

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Midig posted:

Besides it might actually give people the tools to make their own animations with time.

It won't

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Node posted:

Are they aware that is a problem and do they plan to fix it? I'm glad their AI is getting better. It sounds like you'd just have to force yourself not to abuse the way it works right now.

So, what's new or upcoming with TR?

I'm sure they're aware but probably see their implementation as being more true to life.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

mbt posted:

It won't

What are you basing this opinion on?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Midig posted:

What are you basing this opinion on?

the tools to make new animations have existed forever, the tools to port animations in have existed for a while now. the problem is it's still a ton of work no matter how good the tools get.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Honestly. I might have a crack at Morrowind animations even though I have never done it before. Morrowind sorely needs it, if only the running animation.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
There's a recent mod within the past half year that actually did replace all the movement animations with something far more bearable but even then more options for it the better

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Please give the name.

EDIT: If you meant "animation compilation", the continued work of Diarne. Then nice, I though I already had it and only worked while wielding weapons. Turns out a mesh mod had overwritten it. Thanks for fixing running for me. I still kinda want to create some cooler power attack animations although its nice to know that running doesent have ot look horrendous.

Midig fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 30, 2021

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

Midig posted:

Please give the name.

EDIT: If you meant "animation compilation", the continued work of Diarne. Then nice, I though I already had it and only worked while wielding weapons. Turns out a mesh mod had overwritten it. Thanks for fixing running for me. I still kinda want to create some cooler power attack animations although its nice to know that running doesent have ot look horrendous.

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/49785

Simply walking. It covers beast races too, so they don't have that weird stutterstep. The humanoid overrides though are real smooth but retain that early 00s feel? It sort of fits?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the morrowind walk animation is perfect you fuckin' shoobies

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

the morrowind walk animation is perfect you fuckin' shoobies

I literally cannot visualize Morrowind npcs walking any other way.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I literally cannot visualize Morrowind npcs walking any other way.

i can, they usually start about 100 feet up though

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

“Four FEET above her covers…”
Peter Venkman on the Dunmer

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I'm gonna replay morrowind after I finishing speeding through daggerfalls main quest.
Taking suggestions for mods and other gimmicks since I wanted to see what OpenMw is like.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lawman 0 posted:

I'm gonna replay morrowind after I finishing speeding through daggerfalls main quest.
Taking suggestions for mods and other gimmicks since I wanted to see what OpenMw is like.

tamriel rebuilt and project tamriel skyrim

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

https://modding-openmw.com

i went for most of the total overhaul stuff and enjoyed it

e: this is actively updated and maintained, btw

Arivia fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Dec 10, 2021

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

mbt posted:

This plus that neural ai texture mod.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Arivia posted:

https://modding-openmw.com

i went for most of the total overhaul stuff and enjoyed it

e: this is actively updated and maintained, btw

Ok sick thank you.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

mbt posted:

Do those play well with other mods?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Lawman 0 posted:

Do those play well with other mods?

yeah, except for landmass mods

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Installing the total overhaul project makes me want to die there are so many files.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

does wabbajack still work

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

mbt posted:

does wabbajack still work

wabbajack isn't a thing for morrowind yet, it requires someone to set up a customized specific list and update it and the support isn't quite there

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
here's my stats at the end of tonight's session

note i'm using ngcd so stats work a bit differently than they do in vanilla morrowind (that's why i have drastically less health for example)

i've mostly just been making lots of potions, selling them to creeper, and investing the profits in training, i am still very early on as far as most of the game's quests go

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I don't understand why openMW can't find the new bsas from the total overhaul! :(

Lawman 0 fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 12, 2021

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

I don't understand why openMW can't find the new bsas from the total overhaul! :(

https://modding-openmw.com/tips/register-bsas/ so add a data entry for the folder in question, and then register the BSA in it

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Hey lil buddy, what you doing down here

he totally kicked my rear end lol (probably thanks to the BtSH mod) so I ended up just leaving him alone

fake edit: Has anyone else had this issue with certain scrolls showing up as black squares when equipped? Nothing happens when I try to use them, either.

The only thing I can point to are these specific scrolls having higher charge values than cost ones in the menu (which shouldn't matter at all because, well, they're scrolls)

also I have doubles of some of them (same values and everything) that work just fine?

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Dec 12, 2021

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

How do I get the delta merge program to work?
edit: modding OpenMW sucks rear end nothing works correctly. :mad:

Lawman 0 fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 12, 2021

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

How do I get the delta merge program to work?
edit: modding OpenMW sucks rear end nothing works correctly. :mad:

okay, so step 1 is to make sure your other mods are loaded and working in OpenMW

step 2 is to download the delta plugin executable and install it where it says it goes

step 3 is to copy the path to the delta plugin executable, paste it into a command prompt and run "delta_plugin.exe merge", this will create a new omwaddon file in the delta plugin directory if it completes successfully. (this step will work a bit differently if you're not on windows). recently the delta plugin hasn't been refreshing the command prompt for some reason for me but hitting escape gets the command prompt to show the messages from it working for me

step 4 is to edit your openmw.cfg file and add the delta plugin to your load order - you need to add the folder itself as a data source (you can use the same path you copied in step 3), then the new omwaddon you created in step 3. this new omwaddon must be the absolute last addon you load.

you need to redo this every time you add or update any addon or mod from now on.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Arivia posted:

okay, so step 1 is to make sure your other mods are loaded and working in OpenMW

step 2 is to download the delta plugin executable and install it where it says it goes

step 3 is to copy the path to the delta plugin executable, paste it into a command prompt and run "delta_plugin.exe merge", this will create a new omwaddon file in the delta plugin directory if it completes successfully. (this step will work a bit differently if you're not on windows). recently the delta plugin hasn't been refreshing the command prompt for some reason for me but hitting escape gets the command prompt to show the messages from it working for me

step 4 is to edit your openmw.cfg file and add the delta plugin to your load order - you need to add the folder itself as a data source (you can use the same path you copied in step 3), then the new omwaddon you created in step 3. this new omwaddon must be the absolute last addon you load.

you need to redo this every time you add or update any addon or mod from now on.

Wow I literally never want to mod a video game ever again.
Jesus christ. :eng99:

Lawman 0 fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 13, 2021

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I lied I'm gonna try the wabbajack installer and see if I can get that to work.
I'm seeing alot of the same mods in here anyways.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

A friend and I have been trying to make a server for TES3MP. The furthest we've gotten (short of just joining a random server that already exists) is I'm able to start a server, my friend is able to join it, but I am not able to join my own server. At first I was trying to join through the browser, but I was getting the ping as Unreachable or 999. However, when searching through an FAQ, I found this:

quote:

There seems to be a bug with the server browser where your own server will mistakenly have that ping. Nonetheless, you can always join yourself by running tes3mp.exe with "localhost" as your destinationAddress in your tes3mp-client-default.cfg
However, doing this, I immediately get disconnect upon trying to join. I haven't been able to figure out why.

Anyone have any experience with TES3MP, and have troubleshooting tips?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Ok I got the wabbajack mod pack working I think but it's a little unstable.
Also I need to fix the graphics settings because there is Bloom everywhere like I went back in time a decade.

Lawman 0 fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

A friend and I have been trying to make a server for TES3MP. The furthest we've gotten (short of just joining a random server that already exists) is I'm able to start a server, my friend is able to join it, but I am not able to join my own server. At first I was trying to join through the browser, but I was getting the ping as Unreachable or 999. However, when searching through an FAQ, I found this:

However, doing this, I immediately get disconnect upon trying to join. I haven't been able to figure out why.

Anyone have any experience with TES3MP, and have troubleshooting tips?

Try 127.0.0.1 instead of the text localhost