Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

O Tannenbomb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

ohfuckohshitttttttttttt the aussies are coming and theyre SOBER!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TURPA KIINNI KISSA ÄMMÄ

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm guessing also that Americans just have bigger trees. Like the one in the video is huge.

That looked like a pretty regular size Christmas tree to me though. I guess if you count the barren husks that look like broom handles with branches glued on every 30cm some people seem to use it might look enormous in comparison but it's not really any taller or wider than any of the trees we've had in our home.

e: By we I mean my parents because lmao at the idea of putting up a Christmas tree in an apartment.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm reminded of some Australians using (bits of) an actual gum tree as a christmas tree, and if there ever was a worse fire hazard than a dried out palm tree...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Norwegian's Flight from Helsinki to Rovaniemi Turned Back:
"We got all the way to Rovaniemi's sky, but never back down"

Wait until the quoted party finds out about aeroplanes needing fuel.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lmao why can't we have that cool of a leader

She's in the news for a not-great reason already but I feel like this question is just asking for a milkshake duck.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Lobok posted:

She's in the news for a not-great reason already but I feel like this question is just asking for a milkshake duck.

This is a pretty great reason actually.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Lady Disdain posted:

Everything I know about christmas customs came from the media, and for some reason, hallmark christmas romcoms never include watering the tree in their festive montages.

That’s because the process of installing a tree in a stand and putting water in it induces so much profanity that it could never air on the Hallmark Channel.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lobok posted:

The not-great reason being that the right-wing media* is trying really hard to oust the social democrats and left from cabinet, and replace them with the ultrabougies (who are going to be full-on hitlers in our lifetimes) and the hitlers.

*) That is, literally all the main dailies in the country.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The not-great reason being that the right-wing media* is trying really hard to oust the social democrats and left from cabinet, and replace them with the ultrabougies (who are going to be full-on hitlers in our lifetimes) and the hitlers.

*) That is, literally all the main dailies in the country.

Sure, but politicians the world over sure love scoring own-goals by flouting the pandemic rules and advice they expect the public to follow and giving easy ammo to opponents.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Lobok posted:

Sure, but politicians the world over sure love scoring own-goals by flouting the pandemic rules and advice they expect the public to follow and giving easy ammo to opponents.

The difference is in this case she didn’t flout anything intentionally. She mistakenly believed she was safe to go out (and probably was in practice) and just left home the specific cell phone that got texted to notify her. This isn’t Newsome locking down California and then holding packed private dinners anyway.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

chitoryu12 posted:

The difference is in this case she didn’t flout anything intentionally. She mistakenly believed she was safe to go out (and probably was in practice) and just left home the specific cell phone that got texted to notify her. This isn’t Newsome locking down California and then holding packed private dinners anyway.

Ah, then my bad. Didn't know the full story.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

British man thought he was 'going to die' during otter attack in Singapore Botanical Gardens

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

How otterly ridiculous.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
They were just trying to tell him to "get otter here!"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They wouldn't have responded if it were a dove

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

small mustelids are often friendly or cautious when alone, because they don't want to start poo poo with you. when they're in a group, that quickly becomes "i bet we could take that dumbass biped"

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I'd hoped we'd all learnt a valuable lesson from the "Is they mongooses ?" episode.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1469994415011905542

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I ran that one by a friend who does research in immunology. Her commentary:

quote:

Sweet jesus

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/GuardianAus/status/1470286391095570439

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Don't miss a article in the twitter thread:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/03/italian-man-tries-to-dodge-covid-vaccine-wearing-fake-arm

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

If people were as afraid of climate change as they are of vaccines we'd have the problem licked by now.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

My personal hero is the doctor that was accepting bribes for giving people fake vaccine shots, and then just gave them real shots anyway.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

AFewBricksShy posted:

My personal hero is the doctor that was accepting bribes for giving people fake vaccine shots, and then just gave them real shots anyway.

Do you have a link to an article ?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Lady Disdain posted:

Do you have a link to an article ?

Not a good one.

https://www.unilad.co.uk/health/anti-vaxxers-attempt-to-bribe-doctors-for-a-fake-vaccine-but-end-up-with-the-real-thing/amp/

So it might just be fake but it’s still funny.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
:(

There's not enough clean white snowy goodness to wash the darkness from some people's hearts (money grubbing paws).

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1470559210647789569

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Thanks.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

ultrafilter posted:

I ran that one by a friend who does research in immunology. Her commentary:

What are their thoughts on the cspam poster who got, like, 40 booster shots?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Yeah, sure. Why not.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'm ambivalent, which means it's one of the best things to happen this year.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't need you anymore, Sonny

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Did the Smithsonian Channel buy Brazzers?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

lol, was wondering when this was going to show up. The husband is a local failson of a car dealership owner here in Austin. But yeah he left a review on the security company's website 5 days ago.