Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Kibler has been whining about quests for a long time and Warlock in particular this patch because he likes to play those durdly Priest decks, but I don't think he's really off the mark when he says the problem with Warlock is that they can consistently draw their entire deck by turn 8-9 so it doesn't really matter what their cards are, but obviously their life gain and removal goes a long way towards letting them do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Hardest legend climb I've ever had, was bouncing back and forth one win from legend for three hours straight before I managed to push through

The game that got me there was vs Druid, luckily instead of aggro/taunt it was a celestial alignment Druid that could do nothing vs my turn 1 + followup divine shield horsey trogg, and I just kept buffing it every turn until he played the Druid hero then shame conceded

List was the VS list standard libram pally, Cariel does absurd amounts of work but unfortunately every meta deck currently runs rustrot viper

Undisputed champion best card of the set by far = that damned trogg, holy poo poo that thing is backbreaking

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
I'm really enjoying the Tavish hero card, traps + beasts are just :discourse:

Freeze Shaman, Big Priest and Libram Paladin are all fun to play. I even enjoy token demon hunter, generally my least favorite class.

Regarding Warlock, the more I think about it, the more I agree with others here that it's the healing that needs a nerf, not the owl or quest. Make the Warlocks ration themselves as they play self-damaging cards or build up to the owl combo. As things stand now, it's a hard win or loss with little room for counterplay.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

I'm really enjoying the Tavish hero card, traps + beasts are just :discourse:

Freeze Shaman, Big Priest and Libram Paladin are all fun to play. I even enjoy token demon hunter, generally my least favorite class.

Regarding Warlock, the more I think about it, the more I agree with others here that it's the healing that needs a nerf, not the owl or quest. Make the Warlocks ration themselves as they play self-damaging cards or build up to the owl combo. As things stand now, it's a hard win or loss with little room for counterplay.

The healing is dumb, I'm playing a game where the Warlock has tapped four times and is at 34 health.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
If you want free wins, watch this video for a couple of minutes

This deck has been filthy for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddv5Iz000hc

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

That's filthy and I'm imagining Drek Thar isn't long for this world, if Wild APM Mage is also anything to go by.

I am wondering if Drek Thar could eat a ban? Given its design is so specific that it's hard to balance without basically redesigning the card or making it laughably weak.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Dec 10, 2021

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Maybe retool it a little? Make the summoned copy silenced, or give it rush and ot dies at end of turn.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I did a few games last night with that deck and oh man, when it goes off it's like an atomic bomb. I'm gonna try to ride this deck as hard as I can over my 4-day weekend and see where I end up.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Maybe retool it a little? Make the summoned copy silenced, or give it rush and ot dies at end of turn.

Drek Thar pulling silenced Humongous Razorleafs/Arcane Watchers would be very funny but I'm not sure if it's game healthy :v:

Also the dies at end of turn doesn't get around Sorcerer's Apprentice + Flamewaker silliness.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Is anyone else having a lot of trouble with the client? I'm having frequent crashes and difficulty connecting as of today.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Firebert posted:

I'm not crafting 3 mana guff, so I tried a second composting instead, whatever. I gave it a spin without it and rolled over to owlock same as every other aggro deck, and then got completely blown out by a t1 trogg the next game. Either just my average luck or I'm missing something (like Guff).

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Boatswain posted:

Is anyone else having a lot of trouble with the client? I'm having frequent crashes and difficulty connecting as of today.

Which system? Mac/Windows? IoS/Android? Phone/tablet? :)

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Freeze shaman is my new favorite deck. Cheaty Snowbold is possibly the best card in the deck. Turns windchill into a 1 mana freeze target/deal3/draw a card which is insane.

Also if something is already frozen it’ll keep triggering every time “freeze” happens again. I did 18 damage in one turn with 3 3/4 elementals.

10/10, highly recommend.

### Freeze!
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Devolving Missiles
# 2x (1) Windchill
# 2x (2) Auctionhouse Gavel
# 1x (2) Bolner Hammerbeak
# 2x (2) Frostbite
# 2x (2) Sleetbreaker
# 2x (3) Brilliant Macaw
# 2x (3) Cheaty Snobold
# 1x (3) Instructor Fireheart
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (3) Snowblind Harpy
# 2x (4) Multicaster
# 2x (4) Wildpaw Cavern
# 2x (5) Snowfall Guardian
# 1x (6) Battleground Battlemaster
# 1x (7) Bearon Gla'shear
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (8) Bru'kan of the Elements
#
AAECAdrGBAiczgOm7wPH+QPQ+QOG+gOYjgTCkQTDkQQL4MwD8NQD1vUD04AEqIEEsZEEuZEE+ZEElZIE3JIE25QEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
the best thing about warlock is tamsin's laugh when you cast full-blown evil

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Firebert posted:

I've played that deck a bit, when it goes off its great but I don't think it's OP, if you draw badly or they have a clear you lose fast. Hsreplay lists it having a 45% win rate at diamond +.

About the best thing is that games are all over in about 2 minutes so you rattle through.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Trogg may be worse than OwlTK Warlock for this meta, specifically when played by Paladin or Druid

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
if you can get the right cards in the mull and do the game plan early to cheat out many stats, it can great.

but if you don't then it feels real bad. at d4+, it's just a wall of warlock and paladins, and every paladin always has trogg.

agreed, at least the games are over with quick.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm beginning Warlock wouldn't work without Mo'arg Artificer

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

RatHat posted:

Trogg may be worse than OwlTK Warlock for this meta, specifically when played by Paladin or Druid

Trogg is an overpowered tech card to a problem they failed to address too many times (ie, Soliare/Quest Decks, notably Questline Warlock). Yeah it's pretty busted, but it's about the only thing that actually can work as some kind of counter to that so I'd rather leave it alone for now.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 10, 2021

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I think I'm going to craft Bru'kan, Freeze/control looks really fun :sun:

Mayveena posted:

Which system? Mac/Windows? IoS/Android? Phone/tablet? :)

Mac!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Firebert posted:

This is shaping up to be a highroll bait deck, as the preliminary stats for it are looking quite bad (~47% WR)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Drek’Thar is a good card but kept in check because if you tutor for him you can’t run any 5+ mana cards

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Drek’Thar is a good card but kept in check because if you tutor for him you can’t run any 5+ mana cards

It's only minions

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

AnacondaHL posted:

This is shaping up to be a highroll bait deck, as the preliminary stats for it are looking quite bad (~47% WR)

What decks are you enjoying, Mr AnacondaHL

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

RatHat posted:

I'm beginning Warlock wouldn't work without Mo'arg Artificer

The problem cards in warlock right now are the weapon and moarg for sure

Without weapon they can't mana cheat their entire deck, and without the moarg they can't get absurd healing value

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Boatswain posted:

I think I'm going to craft Bru'kan, Freeze/control looks really fun :sun:

Mac!

Can't help with Macs, sorry :( You probably should contact Blizzard support directly.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What decks are you enjoying, Mr AnacondaHL

AnacondaHL posted:

8 legs in 100 packs, but zero hero cards, so I'll be doing arena and Mercs for a while I guess :(

:(

Oh, I did open Guff hero in a later Standard pack, so I tried the new Celestial Anacondra build but my brain is too smooth to figure out what to do with all that mana every turn.

Tried Frost Elemental Shaman, but it looks like that is being outdone by the Frost midrange build

Otherwise playing Face Hunter + Quest Warrior until things settle a bit more

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mr Beens posted:

It's only minions

“If you tutor for him”

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Also the dies at end of turn doesn't get around Sorcerer's Apprentice + Flamewaker silliness.
After being burnt down from 53 health (druid) in a single turn while the rope had already finished for 30+seconds I can confirm

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Mr Beens posted:

It's only minions

you're thinking of his effect, but there's also the druid card that draws your highest-cost card, which has to be drek'thar

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/hsdecktech/status/1469412694318993408

dust refunds for Drek'thar + Vanndar soon

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
• Fixes a bug where Maestra of the Masquerade doubled your Armor when you reveal yourself.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

What does this mean for me as someone who picked Drek but then unpacked vanndar? I'm using him a lot in my big priest deck, am I guaranteed another one and if so roughly when?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

GTO posted:

What does this mean for me as someone who picked Drek but then unpacked vanndar? I'm using him a lot in my big priest deck, am I guaranteed another one and if so roughly when?

If you finish the seasonal quest, you will eventually unlock a golden Vanndar. So people who have opened packs who got either are upset that they are basically wasting one of their legendary pulls on one that they will get for free.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

AnacondaHL posted:

Oh, I did open Guff hero in a later Standard pack, so I tried the new Celestial Anacondra build but my brain is too smooth to figure out what to do with all that mana every turn.

What is the strategy with that deck? Part of the reason I was so underwhelmed at Guff was the existence of Celestial Alignment seemed to make crawling up to 20 mana crystals moot.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Just won on turn 3 (w/ coin) with that Druid deck vs a rogue. Nothing they could do. It's getting nerfed somehow.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

What is the strategy with that deck? Part of the reason I was so underwhelmed at Guff was the existence of Celestial Alignment seemed to make crawling up to 20 mana crystals moot.

Depends on your build, but playing Guff after the Celestial is a really good play, making the deck a tad more consistent than before when it only had Anacondra as the highroll followup.

I haven't tried the various Survival of the Fittest versions yet (one with Mr. Smite, one with Clowns) but they looks promising.

There's another build of Druid that is just hero Guff as the most expensive card, using Capture Coldtooth Mine as the consistent tutor. Something like:

### Druid
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Druid of the Reef
# 2x (1) Guidance
# 1x (1) Ivus, the Forest Lord
# 2x (1) Nature Studies
# 2x (1) Resizing Pouch
# 2x (2) Capture Coldtooth Mine
# 2x (2) Jerry Rig Carpenter
# 2x (2) Lunar Eclipse
# 2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
# 2x (2) Pandaren Importer
# 2x (2) Solar Eclipse
# 2x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (3) Speaker Gidra
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (4) Kazakus, Golem Shaper
# 1x (5) Wildheart Guff
#
AAECAZICBPXOA/zoA4mLBPGkBA2bzgPw1AOJ4AOK4AOK5AOP5AOW6APJ+QPQ+QOsgASvgASwgASwpQQA
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/ODKHK1S9dWsOu0t8FQ0Hfe/

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

What happens if you resizing pouch with more than 11 mana?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I don't have any full lists but Parrot Boar Mage is suddenly loving everywhere in Casual Wild and it's as neat/annoying as Turtle Mage. I played against someone who had like 7 extra turns built up. It's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

What happens if you resizing pouch with more than 11 mana?

I assume it’d just show you a 10 mana spell