Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I nominate time loop games for suck rear end games of all time award

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I once again make the winning move of only watching one of these if Nintendo specifically asks me to

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
nintendo has never asked you to lick the games, would you deny yourself this realm of untold pleasure? didn't think so

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Welp, after playing the demo for 3 again, my love for Pikmin has overshadowed all. Hades and Dusk will have to wait; my Christmas game this year is definitely Pikmin 3.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1469224781480218627

Banjo in January!

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Each demon in SMT V is more delightful than the last. I'm very partial to this slime though. I want more allies that type like shitposters.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Banjo-Kazooie is one of those games that I rented from Blockbuster and beat within like 3 days of nonstop playing, and then haven't touched since. This will be a nice addition!

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Still waiting for Majoras Mask

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

thehoodie posted:

they're waiting for groundhog day

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

This is the best year of all time as far as games go because you can play all the good games that came out this year and also all the good games that came out in previous years

Next year will be even better

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
my goty list actually has several 2021 releases on it, very exciting!

also happy paper mario day everyone

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Just confirmed that Target also has OLEDs in stock at a variety of locations.

Get hosed, scalpers.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

thehoodie posted:

Given they can't get memory cards working in the emulator, I wouldn't be surprised if the expansion pak's giving them grief too.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Do they intend to add more Genesis games as well you think?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Zurtilik posted:

Do they intend to add more Genesis games as well you think?

In the same way they intend to add more to the existing ones, which is to say one or two titles every handful of months, if we’re lucky.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Guh, Gimmie a game a month, Nintendie!

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Is the game award show known for game announcements? I don’t usually keep up with it so I have no idea, but this doesn’t seem like the time of year that companies are making big announcements anyway.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Is the game award show known for game announcements? I don’t usually keep up with it so I have no idea, but this doesn’t seem like the time of year that companies are making big announcements anyway.

yeah that's the main reason anyone watches it

i didn't, btw. i was too busy setting olympic records as sonic characters

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

They certainly hype the game awards as if its going to have the biggest announcements you’ll see outside of E3, but it contained maybe one game I was excited to learn about out of its 3 hours of “world premiers”

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Looper posted:

yeah that's the main reason anyone watches it

i didn't, btw. i was too busy setting olympic records as sonic characters

thats illegal only humans are allowed to be in the olympics

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The awards I actually am curious about, like best RPG or music, are usually the ones they unceremoniously skim over anyway.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

its hosed up that guilty gear wasnt nominated for best art direction. i sort of understand keeping fgs to their own category for the gameplay awards but come on

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Inzombiac posted:

Just confirmed that Target also has OLEDs in stock at a variety of locations.

Get hosed, scalpers.

I mean the fact that OLEDs exist in the wild just means that they're not scalpable enough to bother with, aside from a few desperate people trying it. The serious scalpers are all doing very well still with their hordes of GPUs and PS5s

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Butterfly Valley posted:

I mean the fact that OLEDs exist in the wild just means that they're not scalpable enough to bother with, aside from a few desperate people trying it. The serious scalpers are all doing very well still with their hordes of GPUs and PS5s

oleds are being scalped for 500/600 and "only" 150 above retail is a good sign that they aren't that hard to get

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Butterfly Valley posted:

I had first turned to OfferUp and Craigs List and there are tons of scalpers trying to sell OLEDs for nearly 500. Just obscene.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

beer gas canister posted:

played 3 hours of Loop Hero today. controller support is good. text is a little small, i suggest using the high def font instead of pixel font. gameplay is fun and mysterious, but the numbers are clear enough to tell how things the mechanics connect. i never played the PC release but this one seems to work without glitches or issues so go hog wild

Ended up gettin' it last night anyway. Definitely a numbers-go-up kinda game with dopamine for now at experiencing and learning about new content.

I suspect it won't hold my long term interest 'cause the meaningful decision space seems pretty low, but that's fine. It's still a novel design.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
What tempered glass screen protector are folks using for the Switch OLED? The Switch has a lot of good games, but I still can’t help myself from my true passions: hurling my console to the ground or scraping it across sharp objects.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

The awards I actually am curious about, like best RPG or music, are usually the ones they unceremoniously skim over anyway.

Yeah I hate that bullshit, and while it normally happens in prestigious award shows, it REALLY happens with garbage like the game awards.

The game awards are like the super bowl for non-sports fans; if you want to see the ads/announcements, just wait for them to be uploaded to YouTube about 2.7 picoseconds after they're shown during the original show :shrug:

Saves from giving the game awards more views.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Also they have an award for best content creator, all of whom have been twitch streamers nobody's heard of. I actually have heard of the one that won this year and the only reason I did was because he made headlines a few months back when he was caught cheating on a Minecraft speedrun.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Also they have an award for best content creator, all of whom have been twitch streamers nobody's heard of. I actually have heard of the one that won this year and the only reason I did was because he made headlines a few months back when he was caught cheating on a Minecraft speedrun.

Wait, did dream loving win that?

Holy poo poo this timeline is so dumb :psyduck:

I unfortunately know of a whole bunch of streamers related to him because, of all people, my wife got into it all after hanging out a bunch with our niece. I get it, it's what they bond over and stuff, but I can't stand it.

I truly, truly do not get the appeal of any of those people. Sure, watching a manhunt where 5 people try to kill dream in Minecraft and fail spectacularly is good for a laugh, but the extended lore for all of those people is just *Seinfeld leaving gif*

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m glad I don’t know who any of the trending gamer nominees are

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

So if I am getting this right from the last page, the game awards are bad because they didn't spend enough time sucking off Japanese RPGs and that content creators with 15-100 million subscribers aren't "known" enough to win their category.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I only watch small Twitch streamers who play a variety of games. Usually retro games. They play one title at a time, and have a small community, usually less than 100 viewers. Everyone knows one another and talks among themselves and with the person streaming. it's very chill and cool. The big time streamers / content creators, are all insufferable and annoying. They are just corporate shills that are there to advertise to you more often then not.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Shammypants posted:

So if I am getting this right from the last page, the game awards are bad because they didn't spend enough time sucking off Japanese RPGs and that content creators with 15-100 million subscribers aren't "known" enough to win their category.

agreed op

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Shammypants posted:

exactly. i spit on these awards. baka judges.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Grefg fan spotted.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I said come in! posted:

I only watch small Twitch streamers who play a variety of games. Usually retro games. They play one title at a time, and have a small community, usually less than 100 viewers. Everyone knows one another and talks among themselves and with the person streaming. it's very chill and cool. The big time streamers / content creators, are all insufferable and annoying. They are just corporate shills that are there to advertise to you more often then not.

interestingly enough, the biggest streamer french Canadian xqc barely advertises poo poo. he's a true degenerate,a streamers streamer

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
He also just can’t stop himself from saying gamer words, he’s a complete and total piece of poo poo

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I saw the end of the awards show and I had never heard of the game that won game of the year. Guess I am out of the loop these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, for real, Pikmin 3 Deluxe is the most beautiful game on the Switch, right?

I mean, it has to be. Dear god, it is something to behold.