Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

PainterofCrap posted:

My apologies for the derail.

Bless ur hert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

They aren’t that salty

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Not after I've licked 'em clean

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

GLOWING NOSE RODENT

- brothel face
- makes hosed-up sound
- token

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Man, Magic Home Invasion Mailman is an amalgamation of so many different winter characters that anyone who lists themselves as one is just a surface-level bitch. Get back to me when there are categories for at least Big Fat Party Dude, Snow Grandpa, and Turkish or Maybe Greek Guy with Hat.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I list myself as one (1) Magic Home Invasion Mailman

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ok let me just yell you upfront that little fucker jingles ALL the way, every goddamn time.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Is there one of these where Jack Black is the left guy?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Was this extremely minor surgery, or something more typical? Normally you should get a visit by the charge nurse for the OR you'll be in, the anesthetist, and the surgeon before a surgery. Nurse confirms your personal details and makes a verbal confirmation of the exact surgery you're getting, along with your initial drug to start making you drowsy/calm. Anesthetist goes over your medical history and questions about any previous issues with anesthetic or general drug interactions, and then the doc gives you the general overview of what will happen during surgery.

Sorry, I'm not trying to drag this conversation back but I want to answer the question I was asked.

The first was very minor. The second was not life threatening, but involved multiple steel plates in my face. For the second I had a nurse confirm who I was and banter with me a bit, then wheel me in. I said hello to the surgeon and that was about it. I was warned that one of the steel plates was going immediately next to a major nerve and he would do his best not to damage it but the location was absolutely necessary. (He ended up skipping one of the screws to avoid more damage to the nerve, gave me partial numbness that lasted for four years. I can still feel one of the screw heads if I run a finger over my gums).

This was in the nicer hospital in Eugene, OR. It was a bit fast and loose. I asked for an ibuprofen once and they gave me oxy.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Samfucius posted:

This was in the nicer hospital in Eugene, OR. It was a bit fast and loose. I asked for an ibuprofen once and they gave me oxy.

Based solely on this I'm gonna guess this was pre-2012ish?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

why is he holding a mustache. did someone make this from a mustache based version of the meme

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Heath posted:

Based solely on this I'm gonna guess this was pre-2012ish?

Close, 2014

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Karate Bastard posted:

Is there one of these where Jack Black is the left guy?

Made one just for you.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Dabir posted:

Made one just for you.

I don't get it. Where's the mustache?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's crazy how much has changed even in the last few years. My whole hospital had giant decals on the doors of every elevator for a while warning about opioid addiction and numbers to get help. My dad complains that all the doctors are "stingy" now since he can't just walk into any office and get a scrip like be used to. He does have legitimate chronic pain but I'm not sure it's something he needed quite that many oxy for.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Heath posted:

It's crazy how much has changed even in the last few years. My whole hospital had giant decals on the doors of every elevator for a while warning about opioid addiction and numbers to get help. My dad complains that all the doctors are "stingy" now since he can't just walk into any office and get a scrip like be used to. He does have legitimate chronic pain but I'm not sure it's something he needed quite that many oxy for.

A friend of mine is going to pain management for hip pain she's had for 16 years that has left her only able to walk a few feet at a time before she begins sobbing.

They're going to cauterize nerves in her spine "to see if that helps".

They won't prescribe her anything besides ibuprofen. The over-correction is loving insane.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
They didn't hesitate to throw oxy at me when I had a kidney stone a few months ago

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Azhais posted:

They didn't hesitate to throw oxy at me when I had a kidney stone a few months ago

That's just it. I got 10 10mg hydros for a root canal. Which by default means I couldn't feel poo poo.

Docs will write a script for anything that's a one-off, but long-term pain is now met with "lol idk suck it up or we can melt your spine, wuss"

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Holy poo poo.

Sound up.

https://i.imgur.com/e8aCVlV.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

E: wrongthread

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

fuckin lmao

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Hahaha this was great, the last line is brilliant

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

That's just it. I got 10 10mg hydros for a root canal. Which by default means I couldn't feel poo poo.

Docs will write a script for anything that's a one-off, but long-term pain is now met with "lol idk suck it up or we can melt your spine, wuss"

In the UK unless you really cry you don't get anything at all, just advice to take ibuprofen

that said after both having my wisdom tooth shattered out of my mouth and a root canal there was way less lingering pain than i'd been led to believe so oxy seems insanely overkill

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Regarde Aduck posted:

In the UK unless you really cry you don't get anything at all, just advice to take ibuprofen
the people voted for pain

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

No for chronic pain they usually refer you to a pain clinic, who will still write you scripts but usually with a few hoops to jump through.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

When my leg was amputated when I was eight I woke up so dazed and doped that I had no idea where I was and no memory of the operation being a thing. So I threw off the covers and was going to walk out then I saw my leg was gone and went "Oh, right...".

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

A friend of mine is going to pain management for hip pain she's had for 16 years that has left her only able to walk a few feet at a time before she begins sobbing.

They won't prescribe her anything besides ibuprofen. The over-correction is loving insane.

And despite writing fewer scrips than preceding years, overdoses are WAY up. lol

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Milo and POTUS posted:

And despite writing fewer scrips than preceding years, overdoses are WAY up. lol

Aren't those all fentanyl though

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

When my leg was amputated when I was eight I woke up so dazed and doped that I had no idea where I was and no memory of the operation being a thing. So I threw off the covers and was going to walk out then I saw my leg was gone and went "Oh, right...".

Was it actually your right leg or did you think the wrong leg was missing as a result of the anaesthesia?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I didn't remember that the leg was being amputated and was confused why I was in the hospital at all until I pulled off the sheets and saw why and it all came rushing back.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

I’ve had 5 surgeries on my spine since 2014, after the first one hosed up the nerves then fixing that required metal rods, then my spine started crumbling at the ends of the rods, so they went in and burned the nerve away. Which decreased the pain, but the damage is still occurring while I can’t feel it. And the nerve will regenerate so I’ll need that same surgery every year or two.

The pain clinic I was referred to wants me to get more surgeries — for a temporary trial spinal cord stimulator and the real thing if that works — before they’ll even consider dispensing even minimal amounts of any opiate. Those surgeries will involve drilling holes to make my vertebral openings large enough to thread a wire through, and the pain is radiating from higher than the limit of the stimulator (they can’t put it higher than the bottom of the heart) so it won’t have the desired effect.

But when I asked what the non-surgical options were, to avoid useless cutting, I got the “look we’re not just here to get you high” speech, when all I want is to not be bedbound most days. It took 3 appointments before the doctor actually let me ask a question, because pain clinics are currently set up to where you get judged for 5 minutes for being weak/lazy enough to not get over it, then told to come back in 6 months.

If any foreign goons in a nation that hasn’t massively over-corrected wants an American bride, hit me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

FreudianSlippers posted:

I didn't remember that the leg was being amputated and was confused why I was in the hospital at all until I pulled off the sheets and saw why and it all came rushing back.

At least you didn't jump out of the bed before you realized!