Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Same energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I do like how little energy she put into it.

Here's some footage of me staring blankly at the camera, okay give me my check now please thank you

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

jeebus bob posted:

"fob" is a stupid word

That's all I have to say about that.

Would you prefer "dongle"

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Aren’t those just fancy automatic transmissions though? Like they’re essentially an auto a but you pay extra to have the stick so you can feel fancy and elitist and do more work?

No, automatic transmission have torque converters and planetary gear sets.

Maybe I just like having something for my hands to do while driving? :shrug:

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

https://twitter.com/thef35/status/1469288345566130176

F-35 has a blue checkmark

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

selecting the f35 just like selecting charmander, in that they're both weak to water

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

COD Beach Volleyball

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Plank Walker posted:

selecting the f35 just like selecting charmander, in that they're both weak to water

:newlol:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Plank Walker posted:

and can't learn Fly

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

tak posted:

I prefer to not have to go outside to start it when it's -40 thanks. Frostbite with -60 windchill (not uncommon) can be about 1 minute or so, it's no joke

You idle it to warm the engine and fluids, not to warm the cabin. It needs to run for at least 5-10min before you can go past idle when it's that cold, even with a block heater

Great, any place that doesn't have that insanely cold climate isn't using remote start for the purpose of "getting it going." They are absolutely doing it so it's not chilly when they get in.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Owning a car is cringe.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
if you own a car with working AC, get in line for the guillotine, you rich gently caress

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

tokin opposition posted:

Owning a car is cringe.

it’s true. I cringe every time I get in my car, and not just from the sounds of it slowly falling apart around me

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shame Boy posted:

I do like how little energy she put into it.

Here's some footage of me staring blankly at the camera, okay give me my check now please thank you

She's CG

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I have never driven a car (or truck/van/station wagon/suv you smartass).

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

That's somehow more lazy

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I gotta admit they got her far enough on the other side of the uncanny valley that when I saw it I was like "oh is that a CG woman or just a kinda creepily plastic looking real woman... idk"

Or maybe that means beauty standards and photoshop are making actual women enter the uncanny valley from the other direction and it's throwing me off, who knows.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

tokin opposition posted:

Owning a car is cringe.

living in the frozen wastes is cringe

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

living is cringe

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Shame Boy posted:

I gotta admit they got her far enough on the other side of the uncanny valley that when I saw it I was like "oh is that a CG woman or just a kinda creepily plastic looking real woman... idk"

Or maybe that means beauty standards and photoshop are making actual women enter the uncanny valley from the other direction and it's throwing me off, who knows.

It is really hard to tell the difference between a cg person and someone with a photo filter.

Or maybe we're both just old

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/dz/status/1469424767488962570?s=20

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Capitalism thread anyone got the link for the article about the CEo who did the think piece about how great and important a good PA was

And then the internet found out how underpaid and overworked the PA was and she went on blast?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Len posted:

Capitalism thread anyone got the link for the article about the CEo who did the think piece about how great and important a good PA was

And then the internet found out how underpaid and overworked the PA was and she went on blast?

TBF the PA being underpaid and overworked is more or less a given, even without knowing anything else about them .

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

LOL

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ok_0S/status/1469422038444126225

https://twitter.com/ok_0S/status/1469422051224129543

:lol:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Someone points out it's entirely possible that's someone else who just paid money to that wallet specifically so they could attach an immutable public message to the McRib NFT forever.

What a great feature.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

https://twitter.com/TaylorOgan/status/1469404579439824899

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

it keeps coming back to me that nathan's future booze tickets are actually backed by an asset, even if the scrap of paper isnt legally binding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv1lSH4hK-w

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

this is like one of those ads on Craigslist for a used car where the first thumbnail is a woman with her tits out

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I played Warzone Pacific yesterday. Distinct lack of boobs on the beach, 2/5 stars.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

i am harry posted:

this is like one of those ads on Craigslist for a used car where the first thumbnail is a woman with her tits out

It looks like a 14 year old girl

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

we'll never have self-driving cars

Serf
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/EverydayBastiat/status/1469109446265745410?s=20

red19fire
May 26, 2010

evilpicard posted:

What is with people not letting their employees have cellphones

What if you needed to talk to your employee genius

The first safety training I did at my job was on mass shootings in the workplace and it emphasized the importance of communication: text your coworkers, call the cops, etc. Then a week later they announced new QA standards that included cell phones not being allowed in the production area.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

It looks like a 14 year old girl

I remember H&M (or some other clothes chain big in the Nordic countries) running big street ads and some organization complaining about the campaign sexualizing under-age girls, and the model featured in the ads complaining that they should shut the gently caress up because she was like 30-40* and also (at the time) a gold-selling pop star.

I mean I guess she was partly just mad that they didn't recognize her.

*) I tried Googling who exactly it was but failed. I remember what she looks like. I guess she's short.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

we'll never have self-driving cars

We are going to gut our cities and undo every improvement in pedestrian and bicycle infrastrure to serve to those things.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Weembles posted:

We are going to gut our cities and undo every improvement in pedestrian and bicycle infrastrure to serve to those things.

and they still won't work

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1469421394937225217
the boss: we're out of money ideas... let's see what the computer comes up with.
beep boop charge more

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Kicked Throat posted:

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1469421394937225217
the boss: we're out of money ideas... let's see what the computer comes up with.
beep boop charge more

Genuine question - which element of this is meant to be surprising?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Genuine question - which element of this is meant to be surprising?

The lack of obfuscation. Gotta say least make it seem like it's tied to something real.