Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Jables88 posted:

Not sure if this is a good place to ask, but I'm really struggling with something for my kid's Christmas present.

He wants "The Legendary Phoenix: Arctic Adventure", a Minecraft world. From what I can tell this was given away free for a while. However I cannot find any trace of this in the Marketplace, even looking through everything made by the creator, Goe Craft.

Can anyone take pity on me and let me know what I'm missing here? Do people just pull worlds from the marketplace?

If I have Minecraft open and then go to this link it pulls it up on the marketplace for me - https://mcmarket.place/?id=c1ce4bc8-9ba6-48d0-8c70-811024511fbe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Xbox Series S version of The Matrix tech demo holds up reasonably well. Its main issues are there's frame interpolation shenanigans going on reminiscent of what happens with Cyberpunk 2077 on lesser consoles and a handful of newer games on a base Xbox One, and pop-in is more pronounced as well. But by and large it's still quite solid.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

MikeRabsitch posted:

If I have Minecraft open and then go to this link it pulls it up on the marketplace for me - https://mcmarket.place/?id=c1ce4bc8-9ba6-48d0-8c70-811024511fbe

Thanks, but that's just a skin pack from what I can tell. I'm looking for a full world RPG adventure thing.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

John F Bennett posted:

Subtitles can't convey the tone and emotion in the speaker's voice very well but sign language can.

Huh. Okay. Does the interpreter just sign upbeat and encouraging for the entire game?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

Subtitles can't convey the tone and emotion in the speaker's voice very well but sign language can.

Gotta whip out the fancy fansub SubStation Alpha fonts and effects, then. :anime:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

You can toggle that to some extent

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BattleMaster posted:

I feel like I'm going crazy when people keep saying that something that looked like a six-minute cutscene looked like gameplay :psyduck:

Like maybe the game actually does look like that, with no tricks like fake camera angles and UI elements hidden, and it isn't something lame like six minutes of QTEs. But I can't tell and I've seen enough deceptive trailers that I'll believe it when I see it.

the first game looked nearly that good so no, I don't think there is any bullshittery going on with that trailer. I don't think you quite understand what kind of game it is though. It's pretty much you walk around and do occasional combat and puzzles while cinematic stuff goes on. And the combat and puzzles still remain very cinematic as well. That is just what Hellblade looks like.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 10, 2021

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I only played a bit of Hellblade the first.

I'm assuming that was realtime rendered in-engine but probably had some adjustments made in terms of how the camera moved at certain key points. Like it looks like they did record a gameplay sequence but then while playing it back had a free-roaming camera that captured it.

We'll have to see how the final game shakes out, but it looks good.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

1glitch0 posted:

Huh. Okay. Does the interpreter just sign upbeat and encouraging for the entire game?

The interpreter is a human with facial expressions which convey the tone of what is being said.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

John F Bennett posted:

The interpreter is a human with facial expressions which convey the tone of what is being said.

this will actually provide an enhanced experience as those hard of hearing will be able to see the person they want to punch in the face

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Someone also pointed out to me that it's possible to be deaf and have dyslexia.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

1glitch0 posted:

Forza Horizon 5 Sign Language Interpreter session 3 take 74:

"No no no no NO! Still not emphatic enough. Someone get this interpreter an IV drip of Monster stat. You need to channel the energy of a Corgi puppy that got into it's owners Ritalin stash. Let's try this again."

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

They should have gotten that lady who became internet famous for her awesome signing moves during rap concerts

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

They should have gotten that lady who became internet famous for her awesome signing moves during rap concerts

Or that South African guy who did signing for events without actually knowing sign language.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hire these guys and I'll turn it on even though I can hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhAeleTQZ6s

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can I seriously not record more than 1 minute of gameplay on this thing?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You can.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
I think there's a bug in Halo Infinite. On two separate occasions, I've bought an upgrade and gotten an extra rank. I didn't have the chance to see if it consumed extra cores or not but now I'm all maxed out and there are still cores on the map. Is that normal?

Edit: it wasn't the final rank on either occasion, and I did get the achievements for maxing out a given row.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If youre dumb enough to pay for youtube premium you get a free 3 months of pc gamepass as a treat (new subscribers only)

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Someone also pointed out to me that it's possible to be deaf and have dyslexia.

Well whatever people need to play the driving game!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
All this and yet they still haven’t even added subtitles to Halo 2 and 3 in the MCC.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Kevyn posted:

All this and yet they still haven’t even added subtitles to Halo 2 and 3 in the MCC.

Oh don't, as if the soundmix itself was egregious enough, the subtitles toggle did nothing!

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

:nice:

Sounds like both console and PC.

https://twitter.com/WolfEyeGames/status/1469416189298417665?s=20

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How? My settings max out at 1 minute.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

I always get this confused with Evil West

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

There's also West of Dead (removed from Gamepass earlier this year) and Hard West (came out several years ago).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

West of loathing

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Such a hidden gem!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SpiderLink posted:

I think there's a bug in Halo Infinite. On two separate occasions, I've bought an upgrade and gotten an extra rank. I didn't have the chance to see if it consumed extra cores or not but now I'm all maxed out and there are still cores on the map. Is that normal?

Edit: it wasn't the final rank on either occasion, and I did get the achievements for maxing out a given row.

It seems to just buy as many ranks as you can afford, as long as it's not the max. I had all the equipment do this at least once with the two middle 3 cost perks, because I'd run around and clear an entire region before hitting the next fob and have like 15 cores at once.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

One of the propaganda towers in Halo Infinite has the grunt asking if anyone has a spare Xbox controller and Xbox :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

One of the propaganda towers in Halo Infinite has the grunt asking if anyone has a spare Xbox controller and Xbox :v:

I need a Youtube video that has all soundclips of the grunts lmao.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

My cousin informed me there's (Easter egg spoiler) a hidden cave where grunts are worshiping a comically large ham sandwhich??

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I need a Youtube video that has all soundclips of the grunts lmao.

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Dec 11, 2021

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

How? My settings max out at 1 minute.
Stupidly it won't do more than 1 minute to internal storage, you need to plug in an NTFS formatted usb storage device, then set the capture location in the settings to that device.

Then you'll be able to record up to an hour.

I don't think it tells you this anywhere which is really dumb.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Beat Infinite's campaign. The story was trash and some of those boss fight encounters really kicked my rear end (played on Normal), but that was the most I've enjoyed playing a Halo campaign in I don't know how long.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

can’t stop clearing FOBs. The gameplay loop is unreal. Couldn’t care less about the story. Stop telling me to go to the excavation site!!!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

can’t stop clearing FOBs. The gameplay loop is unreal. Couldn’t care less about the story. Stop telling me to go to the excavation site!!!!

You'll need to eventually because the third area doesn't open up until you do, and those FOBs will sit there taunting you.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's most of the standard open world bullshit that is in every game these days, but the way it doles it out in small doses and the really fun gameplay has me 100%ing everything. Which I absolutely do not do in open world games. And I'm having a lot of fun doing it too! Game is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

You'll need to eventually because the third area doesn't open up until you do, and those FOBs will sit there taunting you.

I’m willing to do it , for more fobs