Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

eviltastic posted:

On the subject of policies to get votes, one interesting takeaway from the Pew typology survey was that there's pretty much only one policy issue that has majority appeal to all of the various groups with the weakest partisan identification: recreational weed.

yeah I have exactly zero doubt that that one's a vote winner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I highly, highly doubt that Biden would ever sign a legal weed bill

Didn't he fire staffers who had possession convictions or something?

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

The gotv thing is a pretty good point, actually. I'm worried that canceling debt might be a vote loser, but it too would please a lot of the more active volunteers even if the larger voter demographic probably wouldn't improve much. I doubt unsuspending pavements will irritate as many people as canceling the debt would.

tbc, as with making immigration controls less horrific, canceling student debt is the morally right thing to do regardless of election calculus and even though I wouldn't see a cent and would like Biden to give me ten thousand dollars

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-media-release/cbp-releases-october-2021-monthly-operational-update

CBP states the following:

CBP posted:

In total, there were 164,303 encounters along the Southwest border.

93,676 encounters, more than 57% of the total, were processed for expulsion under Title 42.

80,242 encounters involving single adults (74% of all single adult encounters) were processed for expulsion under Title 42,

So let's not pretend that there is no issue along the border or that the Democrats are doing anything other than continuing Trump's policies with only minor tweaks.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Again, and it's come up before, Biden's in favor of legalization. It's being negotiated in Congress and among the regulatory agencies, with several candidate bills- it's an extremely messy process.

The dismissed staffers were part of the security clearance process. They waived and reduced a lot of the requirements, but didn't completely remove them, apparently dismissing five people during the top secret clearance process for ongoing use.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 11, 2021

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

Not exactly. They asked incoming staffers if they'd ever used marijuana before after reassuring them that they wouldn't be punished if they said yes, and then if you said yes they fired you lol

Victar posted:

I do not have all the answers to the US violent crime problem. I do have some thoughts.

Police reform (I do NOT mean defunding the police) is a thing that needs to happen, including but not limited to reforms to Qualified Immunity. Qualified Immunity is currently too broad, and shields too much police misconduct. When the police are corrupt, incompetent, hated by the people they serve, or contributing to the violent crime wave, that fosters an environment where violent crime is more likely to flourish. If people think they can't go to the police for justice, they're more likely to get a gun and make their own justice. Even if they don't have a gun, they're less likely to call the cops in dangerous circumstances when doing so SHOULD be the best action to take.

And yet, there has been almost no progress on police reform. My understanding is legislative efforts have been repeatedly shot down, primarily by Republicans. If more Democrats were in office then we might have something by now. Could a Democrat brand himself or herself as "tough on all crime - including crimes committed by police"? I don't know.

I think we need better gun control, while preserving the right to bear arms for self-defense. One thing I've thought about is that since long guns are poor self-defense weapons but keep appearing in murder or mass-murder incidents, perhaps owners of long guns should be required to keep them inside a locked case except when in their own home, at a shooting range, or on land where hunting is legal.

We definitely need better options to help the mentally ill, but I don't have any expertise on the specifics. The Sandy Hook killer had severe mental illness; his mother didn't know what to do with him and had next to no options (she was also a major gun nut and he used her guns to commit mass-murder, but that's a separate issue).

That's what I have for a start. The complexities of pandemic-induced social ills are way beyond me, but I don't think the right response is to downplay the severity of the problem. I will conclude by noting that the people in the US who are most likely to suffer from violent crime are usually poor people, nonwhite people, and marginalized people.

The problem with this whole "defund bad, 'reform' would be sufficient but the dang old 'publicans won't let us" line of understanding is I have never seen anyone explain why these reforms haven't already been implemented and succeeded in Democrat-controlled cities and states

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Discendo Vox posted:

Again, and it's come up before, Biden's in favor of legalization. It's being negotiated in Congress and among the regulatory agencies, with several candidate bills- it's an extremely messy process.

Oh, bills? The thing that will not get passed for the next four years unless they are funding Palestinian apartheid or selling arms for the Saudi war in Yemen?

Crazy how “messy” just fixing the loving country is when sending billions overseas to prop up dictatorships and theocracies is no biggie.

Love how we send so much money to a literal despotic kingdom and an apartheid state on the other side of the world so they can have lavish social welfare programs and we get cavity searched for a joint. Hell of an act, what do we call it?

Edit:
Lmao Israel has looser weed laws than we do. Goddamn this cursed nation.

selec fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 11, 2021

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Not exactly. They asked incoming staffers if they'd ever used marijuana before after reassuring them that they wouldn't be punished if they said yes, and then if you said yes they fired you lol

The problem with this whole "defund bad, 'reform' would be sufficient but the dang old 'publicans won't let us" line of understanding is I have never seen anyone explain why these reforms haven't already been implemented and succeeded in Democrat-controlled cities and states

Liberals hear their voters like unions and then listen to their biggest union donator, the police union.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

selec posted:

Oh, bills? The thing that will not get passed for the next four years unless they are funding Palestinian apartheid or selling arms for the Saudi war in Yemen?

Crazy how “messy” just fixing the loving country is when sending billions overseas to prop up dictatorships and theocracies is no biggie.

Love how we send so much money to a literal despotic kingdom and an apartheid state on the other side of the world so they can have lavish social welfare programs and we get cavity searched for a joint. Hell of an act, what do we call it?

Edit:
Lmao Israel has looser weed laws than we do. Goddamn this cursed nation.

It is in fact complicated to establish a legal and regulatory structure for a historically illegal botanical substance and agricultural crop with several different commodity elements, that's got a bunch of derivatives already being marketed in dietary supplements, with existing divergent industrial practices that at a minimum vary by state, with backing from multiple competing industrial interests representing billions of dollars fighting over regulatory advantages at every step. At a minimum, FDA, USDA, EPA, DEA, DOJ and NIH are doing technical guidance work on several bills at once right now. This is not a fast or clear process, and would not be so under any competent congress or administration.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Discendo Vox posted:

It is in fact complicated to establish a legal and regulatory structure for a historically illegal botanical substance and agricultural crop with several different commodity elements, that's got a bunch of derivatives already being marketed in dietary supplements, with existing divergent industrial practices that at a minimum vary by state, with backing from multiple competing industrial interests representing billions of dollars fighting over regulatory advantages at every step. At a minimum, FDA, USDA, EPA, DEA, DOJ and NIH are doing technical guidance work on several bills at once right now. This is not a fast or clear process, and would not be so under any competent congress or administration.

It’s good we got an incompetent Congress and admin then. Smooooth sailing ahead for this widely popular policy.

We all know this is bullshit man. When the powers that be want something to happen, it happens on their schedule. The defense budget always sails through. But it gets so complicated for any liberatory policy. I can’t imagine making excuses for it knowing the lives it ruins and the fecklessness with which ruining those lives is defended by folks in our own party.

It’s not happening because it’s not a priority. I think it’s much more likely a Supreme Court judgement handles it before any legislative or administrative action actually happens.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

selec posted:

It’s good we got an incompetent Congress and admin then. Smooooth sailing ahead for this widely popular policy.

We all know this is bullshit man. When the powers that be want something to happen, it happens on their schedule. The defense budget always sails through. But it gets so complicated for any liberatory policy. I can’t imagine making excuses for it knowing the lives it ruins and the fecklessness with which ruining those lives is defended by folks in our own party.

It’s not happening because it’s not a priority. I think it’s much more likely a Supreme Court judgement handles it before any legislative or administrative action actually happens.

Do any of the new justices have anti carceral quirks like Thomas does

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

FlamingLiberal posted:

Others have responded, but here's the link to the Daily Beast story on it: https://www.thedailybeast.com/biden-white-house-sandbags-staffers-sidelines-dozens-for-pot-use

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

selec posted:

Heck if nothing else what's simple would be getting it decriminalized at the federal level while all of that "complicated" stuff gets taken care of. Yet that's not even happening (because dems don't want to).

Srice fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 11, 2021

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Im not sure the context matters why we dont have federally legal recreational weed when a majority of the population can already just go into a store and buy it. I think it should matter even less when its the most obvious no brainer electoral feel good victory just waiting for anyone to cash it in, seems like if the Democrats were serious about actually winning elections they might more aggressively pursue it.

Hard to get excited about tax credits for 2000 e-bikes or giving Isreael another 2 billion dollars to blow up Palestinians but I'm not writing policy :shrug:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Discendo Vox posted:

What are these candidate bills? Link? Link to the info on technical guidance work would be appreciated too.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Biden has never endorsed full legalization. He's endorsed Booker and Schumer's bill, which basically legalizes weed at the federal level, but has resisted using the word legalization.

He's endorsed decriminalization, expunging all weed records, and reforming banking laws to allow retail weed stores to use banking services.

That takes you 95% of the way to legalization, but he has never explicitly endorsed legalization. So, there could never be federal weed corporations traded on the national stock market and a few other small differences if his preferences were enacted fully.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Biden has never endorsed full legalization. He's endorsed Booker and Schumer's bill, which basically legalizes weed at the federal level, but has resisted using the word legalization.

He's endorsed decriminalization, expunging all weed records, and reforming banking laws to allow retail weed stores to use banking services.

That takes you 95% of the way to legalization, but he has never explicitly endorsed legalization. So, there could never be federal weed corporations traded on the national stock market and a few other small differences if his preferences were enacted fully.

I gotta be real I just don’t believe him. If I compare the words he’s said recently and the lack of action with the decades of what he said before and the clear, concrete actions he took, I think he’s just bullshitting. Would love to be wrong but it feels like a leopard cannot change its spots this late in life. It’s one of those public position/private position things Clinton got caught out on.

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

Jaxyon posted:

There's been no progress on police reform because they have massive budgets that need to be defunded. They are the single biggest budget item in most city's budgets. "Reform" is too vague and generally means giving them more money.

If you're for reform, you should be for defunding the police. If you think that term hurts politicians, fine, think of something better.

I can speculate about your logic behind "if you're for reform, you should be for defunding the police" - it reminds me of the "Starve the Beast" anti-government mantra - but without further explanation I really don't understand it. I was reading the Police thread in this forum, when the thread was active, and still don't understand it. Post after post in that thread didn't have functional answers to the fundamental question of "what would a replacement for police look like, and how would it deal with violent crime, drug gangs, or organized crime?"

I do understand that police have huge budgets, that have not been defunded one bit, in nearly all parts of the US. But if you pay police terrible wages, then you get terrible policemen (who are also more likely to supplement their low wages with bribes or other misconduct). Cutting funding can also result in fewer officers doing the job, which is not what the US needs at a time when violent crime is on the rise.

I've also read about Minneapolis, where they actually tried something along the lines of defunding/replacing the police. What I heard is that violent crime soared and black residents suffered the most. I believe the experiment has since been rejected in a ranked-choice vote.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/10/how-minneapolis-residents-overturned-decision-to-defund-police/

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/02/politics/minneapolis-defund-police-results/index.html

Jaxyon posted:

Most shooters do not have any sort of mental illness. They're just violent and have means.

Mentally ill people are some of the least likely people to BE violent, and some of the most likely people to be the VICTIMS of violence. Don't blame the mentally ill for violent crime.

Obviously mental illness is not the primary driver of violent crime! Most mentally ill people are not violent criminals, but cases of mental illness so severe as to cause murder are real. A more recent, horrifying example is the mentally ill 15-year-old who murdered four students in a Michigan school shooting. Shortly before the shooting, he drew a picture of gun violence with the words "The thoughts won't stop, help me".

Mental illness is just one piece of a much larger crime problem. One thing that needs to be done about it is a rollback of Regan's decision to gut mental health hospitals.

Jaxyon posted:

You need to figure out how to understand pandemic social ills then, because violent crime was on a continual downward trend for decades prior to Covid, and probably will be after it's over. Writing policy to influence years in the future because a statistical blip is not smart.

I really hope the COVID pandemic and its repercussions turn out to be a statistical blip, but I don't think we can count on that, especially with the emergence of the Omicron variant.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

mawarannahr posted:

What are these candidate bills? Link? Link to the info on technical guidance work would be appreciated too.

Technical guidance isn't public; it's transferred between individual agencies and congressional authors as part of the consultation process. Here's the CAOA summary.

selec posted:

It is not in fact bullshit. The applicability of EPA pesticide residue tolerance standards alone is a colossal clusterfuck, let alone the yawning nightmare of FDA regulatory status. You personally not knowing how any part of the government works, or trying to shoot flak about the already existing defense program does not somehow mean that it works according to your deliberately calculated ignorance.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

ex post facho posted:

Lol. Watch the generic ballot spike to +13 R in February or March.
+13 sounds like a lowball estimate there. gently caress Joe Biden and his trash administration.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Discendo Vox posted:

It is not in fact bullshit. The applicability of EPA pesticide residue tolerance standards alone is a colossal clusterfuck, let alone the yawning nightmare of FDA regulatory status. You personally not knowing how any part of the government works, or trying to shoot flak about the already existing defense program does not somehow mean that it works according to your deliberately calculated ignorance.

I know how it works, and I’d argue I know better how it works than you do because I am no longer mystified by the details. Insider baseball never actually changes the score on the board, it just tries to explain to losers what a loss means, when it’s obvious to anyone with a real stake what it means. In this case, years of furtherance of the carceral state.

The details matter! But the large shape of the thing is more important to apprehend, and the mystification I’m describing makes it impossible to perceive.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

selec posted:

I know how it works, and I’d argue I know better how it works than you do because I am no longer mystified by the details. Insider baseball never actually changes the score on the board, it just tries to explain to losers what a loss means, when it’s obvious to anyone with a real stake what it means. In this case, years of furtherance of the carceral state.

The details matter! But the large shape of the thing is more important to apprehend, and the mystification I’m describing makes it impossible to perceive.

how much pesticides, herbicides, and heavy metals would you like in your legal weed and derivatives?

e: like that sort of stuff is what Discendo Vox appears to be referring to

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Fritz the Horse posted:

how much pesticides, herbicides, and heavy metals would you like in your legal weed and derivatives?

And the notion that this is a genuine hold up rather than years of inertia and a President who absolutely believes Reefer Madness was a documentary is absurd to me. Just patently naive, wallet inspector level thinking.

Not to mention the absurdity of believing bills will be passed about this. By who, Joe Manchin?

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

selec posted:

And the notion that this is a genuine hold up rather than years of inertia and a President who absolutely believes Reefer Madness was a documentary is absurd to me. Just patently naive, wallet inspector level thinking.

Not to mention the absurdity of believing bills will be passed about this. By who, Joe Manchin?

Manchin and some other Dems are opposed or undecided, but a number of GOP congresspeople support it.

Since you mentioned carceral state, is your argument that we should decriminalize immediately and get people currently in prison for marijuana-related crimes out? Sure that sounds good to me. The challenge there is you end up splitting into two bills, one for decriminalization and one for legalization/regulation.

It seems unwise to legalize production without having regulations for quality and safety in place. Like, the FDA would need ways to inspect and screen for contaminants and adulterants. What if someone is lacing their legally-sold weed with opioids? Or careless growing that results in dangerous amounts of pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals? The FDA and USDA need to be able to monitor, test, and enforce quality and safety standards.

edit: and since I mentioned quality presumably you might want to regulate THC and CBD content so consumers know they're getting what's advertised.

Fritz the Horse fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 11, 2021

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Fritz the Horse posted:

None, which is why legal weed isn't lega weed until I can put my hydro kush next to my hydro roma tomatoes. I don't trust the liberals to make legalization anything other than a bureaucratic nightmare that ends up funneling money back to InBev or Philip Morris.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Fritz the Horse posted:

Manchin and some other Dems are opposed or undecided, but a number of GOP congresspeople support it.

Since you mentioned carceral state, is your argument that we should decriminalize immediately and get people currently in prison for marijuana-related crimes out? Sure that sounds good to me. The challenge there is you end up splitting into two bills, one for decriminalization and one for legalization/regulation.

It seems unwise to legalize production without having regulations for quality and safety in place. Like, the FDA would need ways to inspect and screen for contaminants and adulterants. What if someone is lacing their legally-sold weed with opioids? Or careless growing that results in dangerous amounts of pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals?

My argument is that we see over and over the priorities of the ruling class in this country seem to proceed with relative ease, yet basic quality of life poo poo gets whittled down to nothing, or a giveaway to the actual problem (see the ACA).

I won’t link the Sunshine Foundation study for the umpteenth time in this thread, but long story short is if you are rich, this country works for you, and if you are not, it does not. If weed legalization was a priority, we’d see it done: it won’t be done.

I’d love to work out some Toxx terms with DV and see what everybody thinks is actually going to happen. Because my prediction is nothing legislative, and at best performative nothing administratively.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Victar posted:

I've also read about Minneapolis, where they actually tried something along the lines of defunding/replacing the police. What I heard is that violent crime soared and black residents suffered the most. I believe the experiment has since been rejected in a ranked-choice vote.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/10/how-minneapolis-residents-overturned-decision-to-defund-police/

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/02/politics/minneapolis-defund-police-results/index.html

You are wildly misinformed. The Minneapolis police budget never actually decreased. Violent crime is up, yes, just like it is all over the country.

The failed 2021 charter amendment would have removed a minimum funding requirement from the city charter, which would have let the city choose to use that funding for other purposes if they wanted to. Very few cities have a minimum funding level written into the charter, it would have brought Minneapolis in line with how most cities handle budgeting. It was not a "defund the police" amendment.

E: Also worth noting that MPD officers participated in a work stoppage in the months before the election, explicitly attempting to influence the results by letting crime increase. https://minnesotareformer.com/2021/10/20/mpd-cop-says-officers-have-taken-hands-off-approach-to-crime-fighting-blames-politicians-media/

ColdPie fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 11, 2021

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Meat producers are gouging their customers and reaping the profits

https://twitter.com/BharatRamamurti/status/1469427233139961856

The 'inflation' that we are seeing is just greedy fucks being extra greedy. Prove me wrong.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
it's anecdotal but beef producers in my area have been complaining for much of the year about how beef prices for consumers are much higher, but the price the ranchers get has been basically flat

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

https://twitter.com/BharatRamamurti/status/1469427233139961856

The 'inflation' that we are seeing is just greedy fucks being extra greedy. Prove me wrong.

No, this is exactly what it is. I work in Supply Chain and Sourcing. There's little else to it.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

While it's not an outright monopoly with a single dominant player, it seems that having the industry so concentrated, with just four players, that they can effectively operate as a cartel without doing anything that violates laws against it. I recall some academic studies of the big banks in Australia pulling off the same. They didn't need to meet secretly in back rooms — they just sent signals to one another through market behavior. Free market, indeed!

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
How did Kellogs expect to onboard 1400 workers to a factory-line environment with a complete managerial skill uptake cycle void .. into conditions and wages that inspired the strike in the first place ... and not deal with killer churn?

Also, brain drain on assembly is quite literally lethal. Some scabs they're bringing in might die or be permanently maimed because of machinery mishaps or oversight errors and I'll be completely unsurprised.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Kavros posted:

How did Kellogs expect to onboard 1400 workers to a factory-line environment with a complete managerial skill uptake cycle void .. into conditions and wages that inspired the strike in the first place ... and not deal with killer churn?

Also, brain drain on assembly is quite literally lethal. Some scabs they're bringing in might die or be permanently maimed because of machinery mishaps or oversight errors and I'll be completely unsurprised.

While the top line of a company is always about maximizing productivity/profit, there's a lot of middle management in between that doesn't give a poo poo about either of those and 100% only cares about having and exercising power.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Smeef posted:

While it's not an outright monopoly with a single dominant player, it seems that having the industry so concentrated, with just four players, that they can effectively operate as a cartel without doing anything that violates laws against it. I recall some academic studies of the big banks in Australia pulling off the same. They didn't need to meet secretly in back rooms — they just sent signals to one another through market behavior. Free market, indeed!

oooh, doggie; I have bad news about u.s. health insurers, pharma & hospital/doctor corps.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

oooh, doggie; I have bad news about u.s. health insurers, pharma & hospital/doctor corps.

…major media outlets, phone service providers, internet providers, regional grocery chains, department stores…

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Gatts posted:

No, this is exactly what it is. I work in Supply Chain and Sourcing. There's little else to it.

It's very industry-dependent. There's a lot of actual supply chain cluster fucks right now, but there's also a whole bunch of other companies using the situation as cover to raise prices.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Zeron posted:

While the top line of a company is always about maximizing productivity/profit, there's a lot of middle management in between that doesn't give a poo poo about either of those and 100% only cares about having and exercising power.

They're also a 100+ year old company that is playing the long game. They don't care if that factory burns down to stop the union, they got plenty of others and they want to make sure they get 100 more years of the unions not speaking up again.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Turns out that while collusion is illegal, it is very legal for everyone to look around at each other and say, "The price increase is because of the pandemic" in unison.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Zeron posted:

Sure, but I don't foresee them magically compensating for this for the sake of that power. They're going to end up a test case for pandemic era strikebreaking

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

selec posted:

My argument is that we see over and over the priorities of the ruling class in this country seem to proceed with relative ease, yet basic quality of life poo poo gets whittled down to nothing, or a giveaway to the actual problem (see the ACA).

I won’t link the Sunshine Foundation study for the umpteenth time in this thread, but long story short is if you are rich, this country works for you, and if you are not, it does not. If weed legalization was a priority, we’d see it done: it won’t be done.

I’d love to work out some Toxx terms with DV and see what everybody thinks is actually going to happen. Because my prediction is nothing legislative, and at best performative nothing administratively.

we're not doing toxx terms anymore outside of sufficiently funny edge cases, it's a hassle for everyone with no particular benefit and also encourages people to use it as a rhetorical bludgeon

...didn't we have a Prediction Thread somewhere? can't find it in the first five pages, so I guess it super ded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

we're not doing toxx terms anymore outside of sufficiently funny edge cases, it's a hassle for everyone with no particular benefit and also encourages people to use it as a rhetorical bludgeon

...didn't we have a Prediction Thread somewhere? can't find it in the first five pages, so I guess it super ded

Nothing is ever going to top the either the McCain Massacre or the Bastapocalypse, so why even bother anymore?