Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

bar88537 posted:

Clearly I've never been in a school shooting. I was making a sad lol commentary about this guy's long term planning.
hey no, like i said i'm not calling you out, it's a common thing i've seen said, no malicious intent inferred or projected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

D&D tries to be serious. I’ve gotten probed for making jokes there multiple times. It kinda sucks.

CSPAM theoretically is D&D with jokes allowed, but is actually overrun by humorless, broke-brained tankies. In practice, it sucks more than D&D.

Trump lol thread is the best place for politics on the forums. Perfect blend of jokes and information, and the brokebrained sads haven’t overrun the place. :thumbsup:

Well I'm glad SOMEbody understands the inter-subforum dynamics and all their unwritten rules because I sure don't.

All I know is this thread is the same thing that the D&D Trumpthread was in 2016-2019, and I'm too dumb to contribute to anything more cogent

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
BOYCOTT CENSORSHIP

Of course.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

acejackson42 posted:

Y'know, all these fuckwits claiming the Democrats are fascists and communists don't realize one straightforward fact -- if they were, every single one of those Jan. 6 protestors and their enablers would already be long, long dead and rotting in a mass grave somewhere. poo poo like that doesn't fly in brutality regimes like the GQP tries to imagine Biden running.

Like, can you imagine the exact same scenario happening in Russia or China? They'd have machine-gunned the entire crowd, and then hunted down the families of everyone involved, too. And anyone who said poo poo about 'hard-handed tactics'. And their families as well.

But yeah, tell us more about how Biden is a fascist and communist.

This is all true, but none of these Trump-loving morons learned any accurate history at homeschool, so I'm not sure how to teach them any critical thinking skills this late in the game.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

D&D tries to be serious. I’ve gotten probed for making jokes there multiple times. It kinda sucks.

CSPAM theoretically is D&D with jokes allowed, but is actually overrun by humorless, broke-brained tankies. In practice, it sucks more than D&D.

Trump lol thread is the best place for politics on the forums. Perfect blend of jokes and information, and the brokebrained sads haven’t overrun the place. :thumbsup:

This is the only good politics thread on the whole internet, at least when I'm not in here making GBS threads it up. I apologize in advance for continuing to do so, by the way.

Anti-Social_Disease posted:

He's a loving pedo protector and helped facilitate the opioid crisis in this country and then harmed the people affected when it was politically advantageous. He's worse than a fascist or communist. He's loving scum.

LOL!!!!

:horsedrugs:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

The Last Call posted:

BOYCOTT CENSORSHIP

Of course.

If it becomes their property, what happens when the eventual "freeze peach" of pedophilia media lands on the server? :thunk: Or anything litigious, for that matter? :thunkher:

I think at that point the whole "safe harbor" protection built into the DMCA no longer applies, since they own everything posted and aren't a common carrier :pseudo:

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

this image really is one of the best things to come from this thread

Odonate
Sep 28, 2021

by Pragmatica

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

This guy gets it.

HORSE DRUGS!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
D&D is the same as the other subforums. Incredibly dumb people saying intensely stupid poo poo that gets made fun of in GBS.

cspam is the same as the other sub-subforums. They're the morlocks of the parent sub, twisted and deformed by irony poisoning, fueled by resentment of the surface dwellers. It's more entertaining than the parent sub, but sometimes someone builds a pipebomb and the secret service knocks on Lowtax's Jeff's door.

GBS is the best place for politics discussion because it's mostly powerful dumb guy energy instead of navel-gazing sadbois and broke-brained malthusian ecoterrorists.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Imagine that giant gummy snake is the sugar-free type of gummy, the one that has that particular side effect, and you start at the tail and eat, say, about six-eight inches of it.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Shanghaied posted:

No, it's never gonna happen because SCOTUS is in the Constitution, and good luck trying to change that now. But their power of judicial review, like so much else, is built on pure :decorum:

The US is increasingly heading towards a scenario where either the executive branch will just ignore SCOTUS constitutionality rulings (what are nine olds in robes gonna do about it?), and it would be supported by a significant portion of the country and not be in violation of the Constitution. It'd be the natural consequence of decades of conservative partisanship at SCOTUS.

It'd be another constitutional crisis, but then the US has already had a few now in the last 20-something years (even though they were not reported as such by the media).

It is probably not a coincidence that it was old President “Trail of Tears” Jackson who was most notable for ignoring a SCOTUS ruling. The ruling was that the government could not tell white people to stay out of Cherokee land. Specifically in this case a white person who was on Cherokee land telling the Cherokee leaders their legal rights and how to fight for them. So they arrested the guy and when the Supreme Court ordered them to stop President Jackson blew the Court off.

While I despise the current court’s makeup I think removing judicial review would do more harm than good. Who else is going to tell Congress or the President “no” when the constitution is ignored? And yes, I am not impressed with how well they have done at that job lately.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Waiting for a Jan6th CHUD to defend themselves and call Donald J. Trump as a witness, seriously believing DJT will show up.

Somehow they will be swindled into buying Real "Decoartive Gold" Plaques and (made in China) Born In The USA shirts while contacting Trump's people.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Bright Bart posted:

Waiting for a Jan6th CHUD to defend themselves and call Donald J. Trump as a witness, seriously believing DJT will show up.

Somehow they will be swindled into buying Real "Decoartive Gold" Plaques and (made in China) Born In The USA shirts while contacting Trump's people.

It would be even funnier if the court tried to compel him to come. Some chud needs to be in front of the right judge and have their lawyer say it is critical because said chud talked to him the day before or whatever.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

As a liberal I would be SO entirely owned if a bunch of conservatives offed themselves over the weekend.
If their big fat wet orange overlord poo poo himself to death I would be irrecoverably owned.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I finally had to unbookmark USPOL because I got frustrated with the endless arguments over electoralism. You're right: this thread is a good mix of information and letting off steam by loling at the craziness without pages long derails over nonsense.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
cspam gets you thrown in jail, just ask duggar

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

D&D is the same as the other subforums. Incredibly dumb people saying intensely stupid poo poo that gets made fun of in GBS.

cspam is the same as the other sub-subforums. They're the morlocks of the parent sub, twisted and deformed by irony poisoning, fueled by resentment of the surface dwellers. It's more entertaining than the parent sub, but sometimes someone builds a pipebomb and the secret service knocks on Lowtax's Jeff's door.

GBS is the best place for politics discussion because it's mostly powerful dumb guy energy instead of navel-gazing sadbois and broke-brained malthusian ecoterrorists.

Lol, GBS is where the forums chuds go to cut loose

piss-bottle man
Jan 1, 2010

covered in cat hair

hello. where do i post if i'm crying because i think trump will be president again?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

kas posted:

D&D is full of people who hate Trump.

Cspam is full of people who hate Trump, so they spend all their free time trying to scorched earth anything opposed to Trump because it isn't opposing Trump enough.

My thought was D&D is a circular firing squad for the left whereas CSPAM is more of a spherical firing squad or possibly some other kind of ellipsoid.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

piss-bottle man posted:

hello. where do i post if i'm crying because i think trump will be president again?

patriots.win

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

piss-bottle man posted:

This is the thread for laughing because trump is definitely going to win and we're all going to die, so you probably want D&D who will reassure you that Harris/Buttigieg can't possibly lose because they've got the moxie to bring common sense back to politics.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Covid Live Updates: Most See Religious Exemptions as Overused, Survey Finds

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/12/10/world/covid-omicron-vaccines#us-religious-covid-vaccines-mandate

Only about one in 10 Americans say that receiving the Covid-19 vaccine would violate their religious beliefs, while about 60 percent say that too many people are using religion as an excuse to avoid vaccine mandates, according to a new survey from the Public Religion Research Institute and the Interfaith Youth Core.

A majority of Americans are critical of religious exemptions and say that the vaccines do not violate their own religious beliefs or the teachings of their religion, and that there are no valid religious reasons to refuse the Covid-19 vaccine.

The survey indicates a sharp divide between vaccinated and unvaccinated Americans. That gap widens along partisan lines. More than 80 percent of vaccinated Democrats say they are angry at those who refuse to get vaccinated, and similar numbers of unvaccinated Republicans are “angry at those who think they have the right to tell me to get vaccinated against Covid-19.” Less than half of vaccinated Republicans and unvaccinated Democrats say they are angry along such lines.

About one in five Americans say that vaccination has caused major conflict within their families.

No major religions or denominations oppose Covid vaccines, and many religious leaders have publicly endorsed them. In almost every religious group surveyed, more than half of respondents said that there were no religious reasons to refuse the Covid vaccine. White evangelical Protestants were the only exception: Just 41 percent agreed.

White evangelical Protestants were also the only major religious group among whom a majority believed that “the government is not telling us about other treatments for Covid-19 that are just as effective as the vaccine.”

About three in 10 unvaccinated Americans say they have already asked or plan to ask for an exemption from the vaccine because it goes against their religious values. Those numbers are higher among unvaccinated white evangelical Protestants and Protestants of color, about 40 percent of whom say they plan to or already have asked for religious exemptions.

But even among those who said the vaccines violate their understanding of their religion’s teaching, more than four in 10 have already been vaccinated or intend to get a shot as soon as possible, said Robert P. Jones, chief executive officer and founder of the Public Religion Research Institute.

“There’s not a one-to-one correlation,” Mr. Jones said. “That’s the way people live their lives: It’s messy, and there are other calculations.”

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

CarpenterWalrus posted:

Lol, GBS is where the forums chuds go to cut loose

The "Fonz" represents the cool, good people in GBS, while the guys in the tinfoil hats represent the rest of you rear end holes making GBS threads up the metaphorical urinal in the game of Hungry Hungry Hippos. At least that what Descartes wrote in one of his pissbitch secret diaries.

Take it or leave it, buddy, but GBS is where I hang out when I'm bored at work or home fuckin' around on my phone.

Yours Truly,

Andy Rooney

piss-bottle man
Jan 1, 2010

covered in cat hair

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

This is the thread for laughing because trump is definitely going to win and we're all going to die, so you probably want D&D who will reassure you that Harris/Buttigieg can't possibly lose because they've got the moxie to bring common sense back to politics.

oh, ok. i guess i will try to invoke a lol then. thank you.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/1469336210388705283

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

piss-bottle man posted:

Pets.com

Walgreens.gov

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

What is with the Toronto Blue Jays hat

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

https://twitter.com/CGrubmiller/status/1468960920529346569

"And your village, Mullah? We know where it is. We know it's the Weetmak village. If you dare lay hands on a single American, that will be the first thing that I destroy. I will not hesitate."

This tough guy talk got us a great deal. We released virtually all the Taliban leaders making sure our puppet government would collapse extra fast.

Fun fact: The guy Trump was threatening is now deputy prime minister.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
casually dropping warcrimes during my perfect phone calls, NBD.

Imagine that dumb mushroom-dicked orange Moron threatening your village in that voice of his. You know his mush brain won't even remember 30 seconds down the road.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

This is a solid lol, nice work

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

https://twitter.com/chris_notcapn/status/1469355269255843843

Let me guess……this isn’t a crime either?

I hate the right for turning me into someone screaming for laws to be tighter and better enforced. Even if it is mostly limited to treason offenses.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

:five:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

That guy clearly doesn't give a gently caress about anything Schiff is saying, he just does a "nah fake news" and moves on

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
https://twitter.com/QasimRashid/status/1468362504065765379

Capitalism? Exploiting labor? Why I never...

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Gutter Phoenix posted:

As a former alcoholic, I can honestly say that liquor makes everything worse.

Smoke pot, or drink cough medicine, or get keen on Jesus, but boozin' and smoking cigarettes just gets you depressed and angry and tired and smelly, and will eventually take away your life, just to be an rear end hole. I learned a lot of hard, painful, primal lessons through 20 years of nihilistic binge-drinking, and it made me who I am today, but I will never drink that poison again.

That being said, I'm not gonna tell anyone how to live their life. You be you.

Hell yes, good, I quit drinking at the beginning of the pandemic and plan to not go back...but I have to keep my weed supply alive or I'll have issues.

:lol: :nice: :same:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

explosivo posted:

That guy clearly doesn't give a gently caress about anything Schiff is saying, he just does a "nah fake news" and moves on

Facts to Trumpers are like light to a cockroach. The very sight sends them scurrying back to the dark hole they crawled out of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Remember when the Stable Genius went all caps lock on Twitter trying to intimidate Iran?