Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Ytlaya posted:

I realized that there is in-game "proof" that the Warrior of Light is not a man. If the WoL - silent and stoic as they are known to be - was a man, then it does not make sense for Alphinaud to form a unique "big brother" relationship with Estinien. WoL as a sort of "big sister" figure to the twins just feels like it fits more.

Speaking of Estinien, (not sure why I'm spoiling this, very early non-Endwalker content) I've been leveling up Dragoon and was very surprised to see that Estinien shows up in the ARR Dragoon job quests. I think these might be some of the only quests that directly require the interpretation of "going back in time" to do them - usually you can sort of fit the job quests into any time slot in the story.

Please don’t be weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

SirSamVimes posted:

My WoL is not the twins' elder sibling.

He is their third parent.

4th, don't forget Alphinaud's cat mum back on the first

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Mainwaring posted:

4th, don't forget Alphinaud's cat mum back on the first

I adopted them first, she's number 4. :colbert:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Dinged WHM 90, finished the healer role quests. I really liked them, definitely a lot better than the tank ones. My only complaint is WHY WONT FORDOLA HIGH 5 ME HUH?????

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
Ast is cool, Macrocosmos is lit
Time travel's lame, Hydaelyn is poo poo

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Remember kids, don't put the collectable fish on the release list! :suicide:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sharlayan in the snow is very pretty.

I am also very pretty.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Post 89 trial Sharlaya:

They seem to like putting my shirt on plot important Elezens

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Do we know anything about the Tribe quests yet? Is there any chance the Loporrit's will be related to the (lvl 90 EX dungeon)Last Dregs, the cafe representing hope that sits where hope was nearly lost? I want it to be. Or, maybe the Omicron will be a secret third tribe and they can do it.

I dunno. I just really want there to be more to the Last Dregs than a one-off quest.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Onean posted:

Do we know anything about the Tribe quests yet? Is there any chance the Loporrit's will be related to the (lvl 90 EX dungeon)Last Dregs, the cafe representing hope that sits where hope was nearly lost? I want it to be. Or, maybe the Omicron will be a secret third tribe and they can do it.

I dunno. I just really want there to be more to the Last Dregs than a one-off quest.

Omicron is like without a doubt considering the end of the stigma dreamscape dungeon quest. loporrit seems like a shoe in for crafter beast tribe, so the other would probably be dragons or ea

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Based on stuff they revealed during fanfests it'll be the Arkasodara, Loporrits and probably Omicrons. I assume it'll be gathering, crafting and combat in that order, that's just my opinion though.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Onean posted:

Theres a dialogue option at the cafe to learn about other civilizations that currently only has one to choose from. So they are definitely going to do something with that cafe.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

MechaX posted:

Hell, even as Scholar, Emergency Tactics + Adlo healed for some chunky amounts of HP in an absolute clutch; I don't seem to have a clutch heal button for Sage and I find myself needing to stay on top of everything at all times.

Most of Sage's abilities map almost 1-1 to Scholar in some way, and in the particular case of Emergency Tactics the equivalent is Pepsis. However, the Pepsis heal is weaker than the Eukrasian Diagnosis shield so getting any real value out of it for single target requires that you let the shield get partly spent before removing it. In general, replacing shields with heals is rarely useful: if you're in a (non-Doom) clutch scenario then it's because your target is about to take lethal damage, in which case shields are at least as good as raw HP. Pepsis is better for aoe where it turns Eukrasian Prognosis from 100 potency less than Succor to 70 potency less. You, uh, really don't want to resort to Eukrasian Prognosis if you can avoid it.

Making healthbars go up fast means using your low cooldown HP recovery up buffs (Physis & Krasis) combined with other oGCDs in a way that other healers don't really need to bother with. For dungeon big pulls (also raids, not that I've seen much of those yet) it's very helpful to get into the habit of making one of those two the first oGCD you use, then weaving in other oGCDs on subsequent weave windows so they benefit. At 90 you'll also have Zoe + Pneuma once every two minutes, which is a 900 potency aoe heal that's additionally affected by your HP recovery buffs. It's the biggest direct heal in the game and comes with a big laser, so enjoy it.

For your oGCDs, you probably don't want to use Kerachole before it gets the heal over time at 78. It would need to be up for roughly 2x your max HP worth of incoming damage to beat out the healing from Ixochole and Druochole that you're giving up, which is only potentially going to happen on tanks in really, really big pulls. Once Kerachole does get the 500 potency heal over time it's excellent: prefer it over Ixochole for group healing whenever you can, and prefer it as a tank heal over Druochole if the Taurochole buff isn't up. Having Kerachole as a caster-centered buff is so much nicer than Sacred Soil's ground target, even if I think Sacred Soil is technically 100 potency more.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Venuz Patrol posted:

Omicron is like without a doubt considering the end of the stigma dreamscape dungeon quest. loporrit seems like a shoe in for crafter beast tribe, so the other would probably be dragons or ea

We know the Arkasodara are one of the tribes alongside the Loporrits. I could see either being the crafting tribe, with the Loporrits wanting stuff from Etheirys to learn more about us while we lean into alchemy and the other crafting aspects of Radz-at-Han with the Arkasodara.

Hell, maybe Last Dregs will be a Custom Delivery. That'd be cool too!

Regy Rusty posted:

Theres a dialogue option at the cafe to learn about other civilizations that currently only has one to choose from. So they are definitely going to do something with that cafe.

Yeah, that gave me some extra hope that I wasn't just dreaming about something that wasn't going to happen.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah either beast tribe or custom delivery are good guesses since we have one tribe and three deliveries to account for. Just gotta wait for some patches.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid
Just want to pop in to say:

Forcing you to walk during these timed EW delivery quests, due to having to arbitrarily follow an NPC, is complete bullshit.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
(Zone 1 level 88 sidequest)We really are just wrapping up every loose end huh? Some one should tell Tataru about her carbuncle.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 11, 2021

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Finished the expansion and have come to a realization. Plot spoilers: The plot of Endwalker is just Gurren Lagann after the time skip all the way down to the fistfight at the end.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Offkorn posted:

Forcing you to walk during these timed EW delivery quests, due to having to arbitrarily follow an NPC, is complete bullshit.

Norman Reedus can run with 15 feet of boxes on his back , why can’t the warrior of light?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Tabletops posted:

Norman Reedus can run with 15 feet of boxes on his back , why can’t the warrior of light?

we don't have the Soul of the Porter job crystal.
yet.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
uh oh. UH OH. EW mage DPS job quest ruined due to unfortunate shared name with Warframe character!

oh gently caress me I actually wheeze laughed at the 80 AST capstone. I love you Jannequinard

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Dec 11, 2021

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?

Hommando posted:

Finished the expansion and have come to a realization. Plot spoilers: The plot of Endwalker is just Gurren Lagann after the time skip all the way down to the fistfight at the end.

row row

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Offkorn posted:

The expansion isn't called Endrunner, now is it? :colbert:

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

More ShB playthrough notes:

Eulmore 70 MSQ: They didn’t waste any time in confirming my suspicions that the poor are granted entrance into Eulmore with a hidden purpose in mind, but I’m not sure what this “ascension” promised to the singer is yet. Are they turned into sin eaters, or sin eater food?

I didn’t expect Vauthry to be this cartoonish of a giant baby. His design reminds me a bit of Don Corneo from the original FFVII and indeed I learned a bit later that his JP name is Don Vausuri when I shifted my dialogue language for a bit.

The inhabitants of Eulmore are all in on Vauthry’s cruelty but they sure don’t lift a finger to stop the WoL, Alphinaud and some hurt catboy from escaping the whole. That felt a bit contrived to be honest.

Lvl 71 dungeon and previous info dump: We get a big lore dump that expands (or refine I guess) the cosmology of the world. I thought the aborted calamity at the end of 1.x wasn’t cataclysmic enough for a shard to be absorbed, but according to the exarch it still worked. The 2.0 world didn’t seem nearly post-apocalyptic enough for that, and the previous umbral calamities had big socio-political impact this one doesn’t seem to have had?
Of course we’re seeing the other calamities with historical insight, if the Garlean empire falls within 6 year of the calamity, it’s going to be seen as a consequence of it in a few centuries.

I’m now puzzled about Elidibus though. His work is stated to be keeping the balance, including between the elements, but the whole Ascian project seems to be to unbalance things so that those world mergers can happen, so what’s his deal?

I did Holminster’s Switch with a Trust and the party interactions were a bit less frequent or elaborate than what I had hoped for. Maybe that will improve in alter patches or in EW as they refine the concept. Tesleen’s payoff was… minimal, even with Alisaie in the party (I’m glad the post-dungeon scene went over this again). But at least you can take it slow and look at the beautiful corridor the devs crafted. Holminster might be the first village in the game that feels like a village, rather a few hovels in the overworld.

The Exarch sure was cavalier about feeding a bunch corrupting ether to the WoL, but any misgivings were erased by the amazing visual of the sky splitting open (and the realisation a few minutes later that it was the title screen I spent months looking at as I played through the previous expansions.
The change in atmosphere in Lakeland is rather striking. I’m curious about revisiting Ahm Araeng and Kholusia once their sick light glow is gone, since I spent much longer doing quests there than in Lakeland. Kholusia’s cliff in particular felt eerie in the weird lighting, but should look rather grandiose with a more normal one.

L72 MSQ: I see Estinien has been roped to serve as the resident quest boy as we run around on the First. He’s probably the most prominent freelancer among the cast, most of everyone else that has a similar profile is a head of state or similar.

Please show us Hoary Boulder and Coultenet do something other than sitting in Mor Dhona though. It’s time they farmed a better glam than what they’re wearing and it’s the perfect circumstances for them to do so.

“There will be no one left in the lands they conquer. No citizens to conscript, no skills to exploit, nothing the Empire needs” Gaius’s still set on the Empire as a colonial resource extraction project. I’m glad he’s not all heroic all of a sudden.

We then get acquainted with Ran’jit, who I guess will be one of the antagonists? I wasn’t expecting an old martial arts master to be the leader of Eulmore’s armies. Nice design though, and he's immediately intimidating.

And Finally the Minfilia’s reveal. I’ve been curious about Thancred talking to her in the ShB trailer for a while now, but this is weirder than I expected. Please don’t be weird about this, Thancred. I don’t really have enough information to judge right, but either some kind of echo of Minfilia is being reincarnated over and over, or crystal mom is fixating on her for some reason and giving her blessing to the girl most similar to the original whenever one of the “Minfilias” die. We’ll see.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Vitamean posted:

this is gonna sound weird, but I keep hearing the morph ball bomb laying sound from melee or brawl in Scorch's sound effects

is it just me?

Yeah it's kind of a "bwoop bwoop" thing. I know people are saying it's new but I swear it was always like that, the bwooping just seems louder now

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Hommando posted:

It also is, on account of wacky time loop shenanigans, unfortunately Homestuck as well.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
MSQ LVL 83 spoliers Lord Quintus was a coward and it's weird that there's a Garlemand version of Q-Anon

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

koshmar posted:

MSQ LVL 83 spoliers Lord Quintus was a coward and it's weird that there's a Garlemand version of Q-Anon

The adjective you used to qualify them is exactly what I yelled at my screen the moment their intentions were revealed.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Popoto posted:

The adjective you used to qualify them is exactly what I yelled at my screen the moment their intentions were revealed.

I actually did the same thing.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
While I'm not sure calling a character who commits suicide a coward is a great idea, he's not a conspiracy theorist. He's a fascist. Part and parcel with doing horrible things to arbitrary groups of people is often the belief that it's justified because they'd do the same to you if they could. Plus he's fully bought in on the military glory poo poo.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

So like, if I cry, and then stop, but then cry again during the same scene/conversation, does that count as one or two.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

TGLT posted:

While I'm not sure calling a character who commits suicide a coward is a great idea, he's not a conspiracy theorist. He's a fascist. Part and parcel with doing horrible things to arbitrary groups of people is often the belief that it's justified because they'd do the same to you if they could. Plus he's fully bought in on the military glory poo poo.

Oh yeah he was definitely a true believer, but some characters from earlier in the zone gave of some Q-Anon conspiracy nonsense with the Varis faked his death and will save us all, speaking to us through the radio beliefs I was rather poorly trying to make 2 different statements.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

acumen posted:

Yeah it's kind of a "bwoop bwoop" thing. I know people are saying it's new but I swear it was always like that, the bwooping just seems louder now

I love that bwoop & I'm happy every time I get to cast Scorch.

I don't remember it from before, but I wasn't maining RDM in ShB.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I am not a fan, it sounds like some weird sci fi button press and just ruins the vibe for me. I can only hope someone makes an old rdm sound effects mod like they did for gnb.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

koshmar posted:

Oh yeah he was definitely a true believer, but some characters from earlier in the zone gave of some Q-Anon conspiracy nonsense with the Varis faked his death and will save us all, speaking to us through the radio beliefs I was rather poorly trying to make 2 different statements.

Huh? Radio? What's going on with that radio.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
the garlean q-anon stuff makes sense as varis’ current form is sending messages that are picked up by the radio and only the people near the radios are both able to hear and remember because the radio protects them from tempering.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
huh. post thavnair post second trial
I wonder if it was the destruction of zodiark that is kicking off the emptiness or the return of the ancient souls to the sea

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

hazardousmouse posted:

huh. post thavnair post second trial
I wonder if it was the destruction of zodiark that is kicking off the emptiness or the return of the ancient souls to the sea

Hold on to your butt.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

I heard someone in I believe here say that The Scions who appeared in the first were determined by those who fought the Warriors of Darkness. If that’s the case, then How did Yshtola get to the first? She wasn’t there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Exarch bad at his job.