Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/CursedPizzas/status/1469067147850797067

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

Some times I think this twitter account was made to try and get a rise out of this thread.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

It's missing the two strategically-placed pepperonis per slice, but....I found a place near work about 20 years ago that used the same government cheese and tasted just like those elementary school cafeteria pizzas. I enjoyed it - partly from nostalgia, no doubt - but it's such a unique flavor.

The third time I went they had started using regular cheese and it wasn't the same. It went out of business a short time later.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Say what you want, but the Brazilian octagonal pizza box design is visually and structurally superior solution for pizza box peak performance, like it or not.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

that was a pizza golden age compared to what they serve you in public schools these days.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

mds2 posted:

Probably would. I love red onions.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

that was a pizza golden age compared to what they serve you in public schools these days.

Tag your gore

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:wrong:

I was never excited about this garbage.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
those were pretty good where i was but sometimes the pizza had cornmeal on the bottom (to keep it from sticking?) and that was kinda gross

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Mozi posted:

those were pretty good where i was but sometimes the pizza had cornmeal on the bottom (to keep it from sticking?) and that was kinda gross

The cornmeal was to satisfy the corn lobby. No health or functional purpose was intended.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Mozi posted:

Yes, to prevent sticking to the pan. It's cheaper, cleaner, and more convenient than parchment paper or spraying the pans with enough food lube to keep the bread from sticking.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

(France)

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I could go for a cheval avec tomats right now

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Whole grain dijon base with broken bechamel and cut up hot dogs. Yum.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Germany

Not pizza but w/e

I guess this is like a fast casual place?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

gently caress. Off.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Aardvark! posted:

Is that just lahmacun? If it is though, it looks like it's half way to being one of those American tomato pies on flatbread.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Sashimi posted:

Is that just lahmacun? If it is though, it looks like it's half way to being one of those American tomato pies on flatbread.

Is it? I think you might be right, never seen it before :thunk:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:wrong:

I was never excited about this garbage.

fuckin same

I hated this poo poo

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Aardvark! posted:

I... don't see anything I hate, but I can't figure out the logistics of how what I see transforms into a vessel that delivers everything I like in my mouth. Is there a cook involved, or is this a buffet?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Aardvark! posted:

Germany

Not pizza but w/e

this is all anyone in Germany ever eats it's no wonder they have their past

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

StoryTime posted:

I... don't see anything I hate, but I can't figure out the logistics of how what I see transforms into a vessel that delivers everything I like in my mouth. Is there a cook involved, or is this a buffet?

The base is cooked then you just put whatever the gently caress you want on top like a tostada

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Big Beef City posted:

this is all anyone in Germany ever eats it's no wonder they have their past

Is this post even jokingly trying to justify the Holocaust... because of a loving pizza? :stare::yikes:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Is this post even jokingly trying to justify the Holocaust... because of a loving pizza? :stare::yikes:

beef is filled with rage at foreign people in the Americana thread (mostly only in his head) thinking every gross pic I post is actually representative of the country as a whole. This is because his brain does not work very well.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I am directly drawing a comparison to Germany as an entire country as a whole's current record with pizza to the holocaust.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

In fact, it's SO bad, I'd say, 'maybe stop putting things in ovens'.

I DIDN'T say that. But, looking at that pizza I might.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Those pizzas make Germany seen so inept with ovens, one has to wonder... How would the people who failed to cook a pizza feed the Ovens that powered the machine of industrialised genocide...

But then I remembered Dr. Oetker, and everything snapped into place

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah those are Lahmacun. You fill them with sauce and salad and extra meat and more delicious stuff and roll them up.

We do call them "Turkse Pizza" in the Netherlands

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

More llamacum please

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

This is somehow at the same time nowhere near the worst pizza I've seen construction-wise, yet simultaneously almost certainly one of the most unappetizing things I've come across.

Well done for finding it!

(also, I never thought I'd see a meltdown in this, the mestre thread, but I'm here for it)

Inepta Lacerta fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Dec 11, 2021

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Victis posted:

The base is cooked then you just put whatever the gently caress you want on top like a tostada

So it's like going into a pizza place, ordering a pizza with just the sauce, and then adding uncooked toppings from the salad bar. I suppose this makes as much sense as anything wrapped in baked bread.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Soul Dentist posted:

Some of those probes are pretty funny, but I don't think it's for the reason ol Beef thinks

E; c: one of the first results for "big beef pizza:"

E2: Oh good god the recipe

I'll say one big issue, cream of mushroom... Who the gently caress doesn't use cream of celery or atleast cream of chicken? I'll throw a totrole out the window over some cream of mushroom. But otherwise I'm not mad at the recipe, altho why the gently caress is it needed? pizza isn't complicated, dough/sauce/toppings/done.

couple pages back was the pizza take and bake meltdown of 2021 and I just wanted to add to it that 250 sounds dumb, but I'd just leave it til it was finished if I used an oven ever. My pizzazz died and I started breaking frozen pizza into quarters and airfrying them til hot and dump the mess of poo poo into a bowl to eat. my opinion might suck.

E:

StoryTime posted:

So it's like going into a pizza place, ordering a pizza with just the sauce, and then adding uncooked toppings from the salad bar. I suppose this makes as much sense as anything wrapped in baked bread.

Sounds decent to me, cold veg on a hot pizza is good and only the meat selection might put me off

nesamdoom fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Dec 11, 2021

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
250C (480F) actually seems pretty reasonable for a pizza now that I look at the conversion. But 250F won't get you anywhere.

Campbells recently changed their formula for cream of mushroom soup (I used to use it to make ersatz Swedish meatballs) and now it's inedible.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Futanari Damacy posted:

250C (480F) actually seems pretty reasonable for a pizza now that I look at the conversion. But 250F won't get you anywhere.

Campbells recently changed their formula for cream of mushroom soup (I used to use it to make ersatz Swedish meatballs) and now it's inedible.

350 for some reason is like standard in my head for baking anything, but I haven't used an oven in almost 20 years. I've not really had cream soups other than used for casseroles and almost everyone I know uses chicken or celery rather than mushroom. Celery just has the best flavour, not that it really matters in a dish like that. Maybe it'd be more pronounced with meatballs and i'd like it. But i guess if they hosed it up I'll just stick to marinara.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Uhhh, I think I would??? Maybe???

:stare:

Help me thread!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Cartoon Man posted:

Uhhh, I think I would??? Maybe???

:stare:

Help me thread!

I would. Squirt some Mike’s Hot Honey on a slice of ‘roni. You’ll hate yourself but it’ll be worth it.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

nesamdoom posted:

...cream of celery or atleast cream of chicken? ... I'm not mad at the recipe ... if I used an oven ever. My pizzazz died and I started breaking frozen pizza into quarters and airfrying them til hot and dump the mess of poo poo into a bowl to eat. my opinion might suck.

It does, sorry. Can you take a picture of your home pizza technique to share here?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
It sounds like we're talking about hotdish now, which that "pizza" basically is, just served on an edible crust instead of a casserole dish.

Edit: that recipe is indeed very funny. Reminds me of someone I know emptying a can of tomato soup onto a pound of ground beef and baking it. Voila, meatloaf!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Soul Dentist posted:

It does, sorry. Can you take a picture of your home pizza technique to share here?

If I am funtional tonight or this afternoon I'll airfry a lovely frozen pizza on video... doesn't taste worse than anything else and I'm fully aware I mostly eat garbage that looks almostly exclusively like vomit... but it tastes good and is nutritionally decent enough to be in better shape than most people. gently caress, atleast i'm not a starved vegan. will try to get the vid later tho,

Edit:Might do anyways, but gently caress you. call me out on how I eat food, interesting, okay... have a good day and hopefully ya mom makes something good for ya tonight.

nesamdoom fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 11, 2021