Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
This is why you shouldn't choose leaders on the basis of who came with a giant crystal lawn ornament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The man called M posted:

I heard someone in I believe here say that The Scions who appeared in the first were determined by those who fought the Warriors of Darkness. If that’s the case, then How did Yshtola get to the first? She wasn’t there!

It's not the case. To my recollection the Exarch explicitly was only trying to pull the WoL but kept missing.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

guys dont be like the endless people posting on reddit, enter your full endwalker registration keys before trying to log in today. the early access keys are dead.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Arist posted:

It's not the case. To my recollection the Exarch explicitly was only trying to pull the WoL but kept missing.

To be fair he was locked in the Crystal Tower back when accuracy was still a sub stat people needed to pay attention to and the WoL is easily 20 levels higher than his level 50 accuracy.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

To be fair he was locked in the Crystal Tower back when accuracy was still a sub stat people needed to pay attention to and the WoL is easily 20 levels higher than his level 50 accuracy.

lmao

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Post MSQ reaction:
This was a great Ar Tonelico game, but I am kinda disappointed in the vocal tracks.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Game pretty.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Zone 5 spoiler: doing this zone as a lalafell is perfect

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

As long as you don't look at any textures up close lol

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Awesome! posted:

guys dont be like the endless people posting on reddit, enter your full endwalker registration keys before trying to log in today. the early access keys are dead.

It prompted me for my registration key so I put it in. This was causing problems?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

How do I get the proper registration key from the digital preorder? Opening email right now

E: nvm, saw it

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Putting in the second key isn't hard but it also seems like it shouldn't be necessary if you used your early access key.

Regalingualius posted:

How do I get the proper registration key from the digital preorder? Opening email right now

It should be on the same page as the early access key.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1469717798570147844?s=20

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Also: I know it’d be impractical for every job, but man do I wish SAM had gotten a scene of pulling Musosai’s sword out to complete the artifact armor, to emphasize that you really are about to head out for the final battle.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Sakurazuka posted:

They look perfect... on a 14" crt telly.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Sakurazuka posted:

They look great as long as the camera is like ten feet off the ground, which it will be 99% of the time.

Unfortunately, they love to do dramatic close-ups during cutscenes. I laughed out loud at the zoom in on extremely low-poly grapes in EW, they look so bad. And the hair always bugs me, the textures are just awful.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Another update on the Lodestone regarding congestion. They've confirmed that the fixes they put out have stopped the Error 4004 caused by timing out, either in the queue or just before logging in, and Error 3001 outside of Tonberry or other servers with an extreme population during peak hours.

They also reiterated that Error 2002 during the queue is due to packet loss somewhere between the game and the servers, whether that's due to a player's sub-par connection or something outside of their control along the route. Going to a wired connection if possible and/or checking your power saving settings on the console are the biggest things players can do to improve their chances of avoiding an Error 2002 during the queue.

If you try to connect from your character select and immediately get a 2002, that's due to the data center's cap and the system's working as intended to prevent the login servers from buckling under pressure. Unfortunately, you're just going to have to try again after waiting a little bit.

There's also some information from getting 90k errors during cutscenes. They don't have a lot of information from them, but with what they have they haven't found any problems on their end and suspect it's another unstable internet issue. They're still looking into it, though, so maybe something else will come up.

Finally, they mention that they are making progress towards adding multiple new servers, and will have more information out as soon as they can regarding them.

Fake edit: Waffleman_ beat me, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to :justpost: anyway.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I do really hope that their three-year plan for the next era of FFXIV involves the SE board making a long-term investment in the construction of a new client. It ain't gonna be cheap with how many moving parts FFXIV has, but I think it's absolutely necessary - and they probably know it is, too - to create a client with both more potential for graphical fidelity, and that doesn't require them to dig through the code for the scantest optimizations to let people put a handful more items into their Glamour Dressers without the server exploding.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Begemot posted:

They look great as long as the camera is like ten feet off the ground, which it will be 99% of the time.

Unfortunately, they love to do dramatic close-ups during cutscenes. I laughed out loud at the zoom in on extremely low-poly grapes in EW, they look so bad. And the hair always bugs me, the textures are just awful.

Look, you can have stuff like EW but you have to take the low-poly grape clusters, or you can have barrels with 100k+ triangles in them but you're stuck in 1.x forever. Which would you rather have?

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

i feel like people don't post enough about the best change EW made: replacing the part where the main screen yells "HOOOOOOOO—" at you with a woman in an empty pool in the next room over singing "tales of loss and fire and fate.................."

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Valentin posted:

i feel like people don't post enough about the best change EW made: replacing the part where the main screen yells "HOOOOOOOO—" at you with a woman in an empty pool in the next room over singing "tales of loss and fire and fate.................."

Yeah, I find myself missing hearing "HOOOO! HIDEY HOOOO!" which is weird.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

Heh.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Man i finally had to log out today because my router restarted today and now i'm stuck in a 1400 person queue. I'm really glad i didn't log out last week when the queues were 7000 people or whatever if it's this slow.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Man I really hope I can at least play in the mornings in my time off next week. Just got some free time and it's a 2k person queue already.

I've basically been unable to play during the week because I have things like "a kid" and "chores". It would be more tolerable if I could even just get in queue and not have to babysit it. I'm on a good enough wireless connection, but I can't do a wired thanks to the fun placement of the cable connection. At this rate I'll finish Heavensward by March :v:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Dragongem posted:

Man I really hope I can at least play in the mornings in my time off next week. Just got some free time and it's a 2k person queue already.

I've basically been unable to play during the week because I have things like "a kid" and "chores". It would be more tolerable if I could even just get in queue and not have to babysit it. I'm on a good enough wireless connection, but I can't do a wired thanks to the fun placement of the cable connection. At this rate I'll finish Heavensward by March :v:

If you logged in 3 hours ago the queue was fine. 2 hours ago it was 700. Now it's in the thousands. This is on Leviathan which is the busiest server on Primal afaik, your server may vary.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Dragongem posted:

My mornings, before noon, for the last week have been <100 person queues. Today is the weekend so it'll be chaos all day.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

theironjef posted:

Yeah, I find myself missing hearing "HOOOO! HIDEY HOOOO!" which is weird.

Good news! If you get the mount for having all the ShB Ex trial mounts, you can listen to it whenever you want.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
This loving game. :v:

(80 MSQ, Thavnair)

Oh, the city has an "alliance" with a dragon? I bet the dragon is actually the satrap!
*we meet the satrap and he's just a regular dude*
Aw, well, that's kind of disappointing.
*curtain raises*
:neckbeard:

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Vermain posted:

I do really hope that their three-year plan for the next era of FFXIV involves the SE board making a long-term investment in the construction of a new client. It ain't gonna be cheap with how many moving parts FFXIV has, but I think it's absolutely necessary - and they probably know it is, too - to create a client with both more potential for graphical fidelity, and that doesn't require them to dig through the code for the scantest optimizations to let people put a handful more items into their Glamour Dressers without the server exploding.

I honestly think that SE is much more likely than some other publishers to just make a sequel. I can imagine the 14 team would love a shot at building something that wasn’t grounded in the limitations of 1.0

But maybe not, we’ll see.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Wingnut Ninja posted:

(80 MSQ, Thavnair)

Oh, the city has an "alliance" with a dragon? I bet the dragon is actually the satrap!
*curtain raises*

They've gotten really good at doing that sort of thing to me, and I love it every time.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Wingnut Ninja posted:

(80 MSQ, Thavnair)

*curtain raises*

I was so glad that (EW, 80-81) my initial narrative gut instinct - thinking that the satrap would be cowardly or corrupt or whatever - was wrong and that both Ahewann and Vrtra are genuinely good people weighed down by their respective burdens.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Wingnut Ninja posted:

(80 MSQ, Thavnair)

*curtain raises*

I saw that coming, but the part where "That helpful kid who has been running around delivering messages is a golem body that the dragon controls by putting his eye in it" caught me by surprise. Seems very handy!

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Begemot posted:

I saw that coming, but the part where "That helpful kid who has been running around delivering messages is a golem body that the dragon controls by putting his eye in it" caught me by surprise. Seems very handy!

Yeah, there's clearly something weird going on with him, but that was a cool twist.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Got booted from the game seconds before a frontlines roulette finished. 2K queue now. Such a waste of a Saturday was not my intention.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Vermain posted:

I was so glad that (EW, 80-81) my initial narrative gut instinct - thinking that the satrap would be cowardly or corrupt or whatever - was wrong and that both Ahewann and Vrtra are genuinely good people weighed down by their respective burdens.

I thought that it was going to be something hosed up along the lines of "the Satrap is a persistent soul who possesses the bodies of his sons to rule forever"
I was glad to be wrong, and the actual weird thing with Varshahn was pretty cool!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Consummate Professional posted:

Got booted from the game seconds before a frontlines roulette finished. 2K queue now. Such a waste of a Saturday was not my intention.

I would have been in like flint had I been able to log in an hour earlier. But noooooo, have to buy groceries so we can eat or whatever, and I guess these cats need to eat as well? Just bullshit.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
I logged in, did a frontlines on my level 80 Red Mage, and didn't understand why I didn't get any XP. Then I looked closely at my XP bar: it had a little cross-out sign next to it.

I never put in my EW code, so my characters were capped at 80 and I couldn't go to an EW areas. I checked my email and put it in, I did a 5678 roulette in hopes it would maybe update my status, but no dice. rip. gotta fight the queue boss again if I want to play.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

koshmar posted:

Oh yeah he was definitely a true believer, but some characters from earlier in the zone gave of some Q-Anon conspiracy nonsense with the Varis faked his death and will save us all, speaking to us through the radio beliefs I was rather poorly trying to make 2 different statements.

That was just foreshadowing for anima being what remains of Varis. Whenever they weren't close enough to the radio they were literally hearing Varis tell them he was coming back and Glory to Garlemald! Alphinaud and Alisae assume it was just denial but later find out that's how the tempering was working.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

VanillaGorilla posted:

I honestly think that SE is much more likely than some other publishers to just make a sequel. I can imagine the 14 team would love a shot at building something that wasn’t grounded in the limitations of 1.0

But maybe not, we’ll see.

I know they've said Endwalker is not the end for 14, but I almost wish it was. Then they could start working on FF17 :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm half expecting them to rebrand 7.0 as ff17