Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I heard that Billy and Pete are made as exaggerated visual caricatures of Doc and Jackson (voiced by the other one) but kinda wild how obvious it is when you see em.

This messed me up when I actually saw them talking for the first time because I totally thought their voices should be the other way around.

Also my art book finally arrived today :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Weeell actually Pete White and Billy have a minor appearance in the pilot, which Publick made before he met Doc.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

No way. No way. That's not true.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Wow. I don't know if I had an internal representation of what I thought Doctor Orpheus's voice actor looked like, but Steve Rattazzi definitely surprised me.

Relatedly, my girlfriend was watching Difficult People and I couldn't place Julie Klausner's boyfriends character and it was driving me nuts until I looked it up and realized it was our good friend Dr. Venture.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I think he plays a piss fetish guy in law and order SVU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Mike N Eich posted:

Wow. I don't know if I had an internal representation of what I thought Doctor Orpheus's voice actor looked like, but Steve Rattazzi definitely surprised me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OikCiCAVajk&t=79s

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Doc’s speaking voice is more or less a less lisp Billy, but his singing voice is straight up just Dr. My Wife. Like listen to his cover of Drive.

Delzuma
Dec 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/jamesurbaniak/status/1469457672202194945?s=21

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

"Helper is completely D...
scattering in all dire.."

:ohdear:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Doesn't sound like the wording of a man who think he's coming back for a spinoff. Ah well. What a good run it's been.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Dragonstoned posted:

what's that whacky robot got himself in to now

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
No doubt that robot will be gibbering and flailing to the last :smith:.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Dragonstoned posted:

"Helper is completely Delighted everyone remembered his birthday,
scattering in all dire.."ctions to play hide and go seek, his favorite game.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

Doesn't sound like the wording of a man who think he's coming back for a spinoff. Ah well. What a good run it's been.

Remember how sick it was when gargantua ended on the season six announcement. It's happening again

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

feedmyleg posted:

Doesn't mean they couldn't do a prequel series with a different voice actor. Doc's voice has *city miles* on it.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I still feel blessed that we're at least getting a night cap on the series and not a flat cancelation. Fully trust them to make it good, as they've nailed almost all the other feature-length finales. The only one I pause on is the intern shield one, and only because it wasn't as all-encompassing cast-wise as the rest.

If they do bid adieu to Venture, would be cool with seeing a new collaboration between them.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm sure whatever they move on to will be great as well. God speed Venture Bros, you were truly a classic.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Dragonstoned posted:

Helper is completely DRENCHED in blue Gatorade and as he's tossed in celebration it flies off
scattering in all directions in a mess he'll have to clean later

HELPeR will be fine

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I think the best hope for a spinoff is the fact that because Venture Bros. wasn't the most lucrative gig, Hammer's gonna need a job after the movie is over.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

I think the best hope for a spinoff is the fact that because Venture Bros. wasn't the most lucrative gig, Hammer's gonna need a job after the movie is over.

DC Animated is always looking for new/seasoned voice talent and I'm sure he could do *something*.

Marvel seems to be dragging themselves out of the ditch of terrible animated features with how good What If... was, so that's an option as well. I just hope Kate McKinnon gets some time in the movie since she was entirely absent in S7.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Just keep telling yourself that a 90 minute special is like 4 regular episodes which is a full half season and the amount of plotting these guys can do in 90 minutes is incredible.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

If they did a spin-off that focused on the OSI/GCI, then the Ventures wouldn't be the main characters anymore and they can just have a cameo every now and then to see whats they're doing post final.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I just want The Rusty Venture Show.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Warbird posted:

The movie is about Brick Frog and I won’t hear otherwise.

Brick Frog is an anagram for "Frig Brock".

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

feedmyleg posted:

I just want The Rusty Venture Show.

Knowing them, if there was a spin-off we would get the most side-lined and boring thing possible from the Venture-verse. The spin off would be the adventures of Swifty and Hector lifting boxes. Or Dermontt the show.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

bull3964 posted:

Just keep telling yourself that a 90 minute special is like 4 regular episodes which is a full half season and the amount of plotting these guys can do in 90 minutes is incredible.

Wait, it's 90 minutes and not 90 tv minutes? (66)

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

The World Inferno posted:

Knowing them, if there was a spin-off we would get the most side-lined and boring thing possible from the Venture-verse. The spin off would be the adventures of Swifty and Hector lifting boxes. Or Dermontt the show.

Red Helper, too afraid to leave home, doing mundane chores around the house waiting for Ben to get back from his surfing world tour.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

theflyingexecutive posted:

Wait, it's 90 minutes and not 90 tv minutes? (66)

We don’t know for sure, but it would be strange for it to include commercials in the runtime when it’s on a streaming service.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The World Inferno posted:

Jokes on you, I would love a Dermott show. I'm imagining it'd be like a Mike Judge show.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

They’d better do a book addendum with the last season and the movie. I look forward to buying it in 2030.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

BIG HEADLINE posted:

DC Animated is always looking for new/seasoned voice talent and I'm sure he could do *something*.
I'm not sure he's that good, to be honest ? You start hearing his characters in each other's voice rather quickly, whereas Cheetah Man was the first time I heard the Monarch in another character for Jackson Publick.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

We've been given over a decade of these guys basically making whatever they want, at the pace they want, with the material they want and AFAIK basically nobody else really interfering heavily at all. I'd hope for more VB, if not, something new by them, if not, very curious to see what they do when wearing someone else's chains.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

The fact that VB existed at all is kind of a miracle, let alone seven seasons and a movie. Publick and Hammer got to make the show they wanted, and got everyone to wait years between seasons for it. That’s almost unbelievable.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Splint Chesthair posted:

The fact that VB existed at all is kind of a miracle, let alone seven seasons and a movie. Publick and Hammer got to make the show they wanted, and got everyone to wait years between seasons for it. That’s almost unbelievable.

There'll probably be a documentary that follows the movie.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Splint Chesthair posted:

It also set an impossibly high bar for my dream job.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

X_Toad posted:

I'm not sure he's that good, to be honest ? You start hearing his characters in each other's voice rather quickly, whereas Cheetah Man was the first time I heard the Monarch in another character for Jackson Publick.

So? Literally every Patrick Warburton character sounds like Patrick Warburton, and we love him for it. Not every voice actor's gotta be a chameleon.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Watched some Stephen King movie recently ,not realizing it was an old TV movie or something, and at one point Fat Tony from the Simpsons showed up, but as a person, who only somewhat looked like Fat Tony. I don't think it took anything away to hear a simpsons character while he was menacing people.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Was it Thinner?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The Bee posted:

So? Literally every Patrick Warburton character sounds like Patrick Warburton, and we love him for it. Not every voice actor's gotta be a chameleon.
What's really weird is that you can tell them all apart. They unquestionably sound like Warburton, but Brock doesn't sound like Joe or The Tick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Compare that to H. Jon Benjamin, where Archer, Bob, the Master, and Coach McGuirk all sound identical