Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

It's never typed correctly but it's actually big titty GOTH gf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
anyway goth chicks are p easy. goth dudes too

if you're having trouble i will buy you a bottle of black hair dye and a bauhaus t-shirt

codswallop
Dec 26, 2012

BABIES EVERYWHERE!
I let my best friend move in with us because he was going through a bad time now he and my wife have gotten close and want us to start a poly "family"

Yep, thats what I am going through nowadays, lol. I cant help but laugh at this suggestion because the only other option is to cry.

My best friend of 8 years recently lost his job so his apartment became too costly to afford, so when he asked to move in with me till the end of the year I agreed. He moved in with us at the start of November. And after a few days I noticed the two of them getting closer, but as I considered him as a brother an affair was the furthest thing from my mind.

But as we all know, human depravity knows no bound, my wife approached me 3 days ago and said that she and my best friend have fallen in love but of respect for me they have not done anything physical yet. They want the 3 of us to start a poly family which will be the best solution in this scenario. As she loves both of us and doesnt want to lose me and this is the true way to live by sharing love, lol.

My best friend also talked with me and said that he always had a crush on my wife and it would have been wrong to deny this crush because he didnt want to be dishonest to his true self.
So my question is, do I even try to save my marriage? Or should I save my sanity and run? Any other advice for me?

Edit/update- A lot of you are asking why am I not more angry, why didnt I punch him in the face etc. What does that get me other than a chance to spend a night in a police lockup? I cant punch my way to a world where my best friend and wife are better people, I have to live in this world where I have to deal with these two. So I have asked him to leave and he has said that he will leave by Monday and I didnt want to argue really so I agreed.

As for my wife she is saying she is willing to stay monogamous to me if thats what I want and we can get through this by attending some counselling. I am not sure if things can go back to how they were.

Also the house is in the name of my elder brother and I dont even pay rent so I have to see a lawyer to understand what my options are. I talked to my brother and he said that he will ask me to move out the moment I am ready, and if I move out then obviously she has to move out too. But I will meet some lawyers to find out just how does it go down? And no, I dont want to be in a poly relationship, I would rather be single.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Doesn't sound like you've got kids, so congrats on getting out the smoothest, easiest way possible.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The curse of marrying a reasonable person.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

In my last job my boss made me cry about once a week and the first time someone found me crying in a corner they told me it was pretty standard for that manager to make people cry. I somehow stuck it out over three years because I didn't think I deserved better :smith:

Same. The woman I worked for 5 years was incredibly verbally abusive and since I was raised by and then pseudo adopted by verbally abusive people it took me well into my 20s to realize that poo poo wasn't ok at work or anywhere. She was the kind of narcissitic gently caress to tell you one thing, then half an hour later scream at you that she hadn't told you that and why were you doing that?? Also to tell us employees she could do our jobs 10x better, then scream when we tried to do our jobs? Or disrupt the entire day to give lectures that drove me to tears from frustration. Because a busy schedule + a 2 hour meeting = us being 2 loving hours behind and why are you upset we're behind now, you CRAZY BITCH??

Once as a kind of wedding shower...thing that no one asked for, like neither of the co-worker brides asked for at all, I had to go with her to her vacation house in North Carolina in advance. It was an 8 hour drive and I spent 2 days with her until the other employees showed up. It was a mountain house, relatively isolated.

Nobody would've known better if I kicked her down the mountain.

The driveway she insisted on walking up and down daily was steep as hell with woods on either side. Nobody would've suspected it. I'm fat, nobody would think I walked up and down that steep as gently caress driveway.

On my darker days remembering that job, I really wished I would've thrown her down the mountain. She loving deserved it 100x over for treating her employees like literal trash.

That was probably the first time I ever considered actually murdering anyone in real life. Like the logistics of it all. She was a horrible person and I had the motive and the opportunity, she just acted very nice the whole time so I couldn't even play into a crime of passion.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

Chloe Jessica posted:

Husband (38M) is paranoid about crime to an extreme level ever since we moved to Brooklyn. I (36F) am just not sure what to do anymore, especially considering my kids (13m, 14m) love it here now.

i wonder where they moved from, because poo poo like this is almost always code for "im racist amd don't want to admit it"

(also when i was fetching this i found out my reddit account is suspended for harassment because i told a homophobe to eat poo poo and die, once. weeee :decorum:)

Help me reddit! I appear to be married to H.P. Lovecraft.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Chloe Jessica posted:

Husband (38M) is paranoid about crime to an extreme level ever since we moved to Brooklyn. I (36F) am just not sure what to do anymore, especially considering my kids (13m, 14m) love it here now.

I googled what a New York Brownstone was and despite not liking living in huge cities like that... Jesus Christ, one of those for free? I'd be on the next flight.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

codswallop posted:

I let my best friend move in with us because he was going through a bad time now he and my wife have gotten close and want us to start a poly "family"

Yep, thats what I am going through nowadays, lol. I cant help but laugh at this suggestion because the only other option is to cry.

My best friend of 8 years recently lost his job so his apartment became too costly to afford, so when he asked to move in with me till the end of the year I agreed. He moved in with us at the start of November. And after a few days I noticed the two of them getting closer, but as I considered him as a brother an affair was the furthest thing from my mind.

But as we all know, human depravity knows no bound, my wife approached me 3 days ago and said that she and my best friend have fallen in love but of respect for me they have not done anything physical yet. They want the 3 of us to start a poly family which will be the best solution in this scenario. As she loves both of us and doesnt want to lose me and this is the true way to live by sharing love, lol.

My best friend also talked with me and said that he always had a crush on my wife and it would have been wrong to deny this crush because he didnt want to be dishonest to his true self.
So my question is, do I even try to save my marriage? Or should I save my sanity and run? Any other advice for me?

Edit/update- A lot of you are asking why am I not more angry, why didnt I punch him in the face etc. What does that get me other than a chance to spend a night in a police lockup? I cant punch my way to a world where my best friend and wife are better people, I have to live in this world where I have to deal with these two. So I have asked him to leave and he has said that he will leave by Monday and I didnt want to argue really so I agreed.

As for my wife she is saying she is willing to stay monogamous to me if thats what I want and we can get through this by attending some counselling. I am not sure if things can go back to how they were.

Also the house is in the name of my elder brother and I dont even pay rent so I have to see a lawyer to understand what my options are. I talked to my brother and he said that he will ask me to move out the moment I am ready, and if I move out then obviously she has to move out too. But I will meet some lawyers to find out just how does it go down? And no, I dont want to be in a poly relationship, I would rather be single.

I like when assholes try to paint themselves as Good People because otherwise they'd be lying to themselves. Such a crime, that.

I was gonna say, remake of the Walking Dead lacks any zombies, so 1/10 so far.

OP needs to cut and run. Because sooner or later he'll walk in on them because "we got to be true to our love!"

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

codswallop posted:

I cant punch my way to a world where my best friend and wife are better people

Certainly not with that attitude!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wurzag posted:

Sadly, the recommend dosage works in a lab environment but is not safe in vivo

Barudak fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Dec 11, 2021

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Blastedhellscape posted:

Help me reddit! I appear to be married to H.P. Lovecraft.

loving :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol:

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.

codswallop posted:

/r/relationships: I cant punch my way to a world where my best friend and wife are better people

edit: obviously beaten because that is such a good line

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Wurzag posted:

I'm sure the city fathers of Carthage would be glad to know that!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

codswallop posted:

Give me your house and wife

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for saying that repeated spoilering is grounds for divorce?

lol no way

also this:

Cool Dad posted:

I couldn't stay with anyone who calls spoiling spoilering

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hughlander posted:

AITA for saying it's my grandparent's fault I don't embrace my culture?

Classic.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
This story spirals to the point where it doesn't even seem real. Like a novella or something. Anyway.

I know people hate abbreviations but it's worth it to read this.

SIL = OP's sister-in-law
Niece = OP's niece, SIL's daughter
DH = OP's husband
FIL = OP's father-in-law, DH's father

quote:

Over the summer my SIL (a single mom) and my 5yo niece moved near us and I started caring for her. I had her full time for most of the summer. Now that she's in school she's usually dropped off at 6 (an hour before me or my kids need to be up, and we are not morning people), feed her breakfast, bring her to school at 9:30, pick her up at 1:45, and keep her until a bit after 5. So at least 7 hours a day not counting early dismissal days or evenings when my SIL goes to night school.

So far it's just not working out. My niece is a brat. She fights with my kids and generally disrupts my household. And I've been doing all this for free as a favor.

I told my SIL that she really should start looking for another option, but she is totally paranoid and doesn't want her daughter being cared for by anyone that isn't family. It turned into her crying and begging me I was still grumbling but agreed to a bit more time while she finds something else.

I had a long talk with my DH about how unhappy I was and that SIL does not seem to be making any attempts to find other childcare. So DH again had a talk with SIL about how this arrangement is not working and she needs to find alternate child care. She whined about being a single mom and not having alternatives (BS the school provides afterschool care which she qualifies for as a low income single mom, she would just rather leave her with family).

We had several confrontations about the behavior issues where SIL dismissed my concerns and basically said that any problems I'm having with her are because I'm an inadequate caregiver and her precious little snowflake can do no wrong. I wasn't getting anywhere and reminded her that she needs to find somewhere else. Soon.

Since then she is avoiding me. She sneaks and drops (Niece) off here and zips out before I can see her. When she picks up she's convieniently on the phone or in a huge rush and pops her head in the door to yell for (Niece) to run out to the car, or just honks for her.

Then there was an incident about a month ago. My niece said that she has a secret that she is not allowed to tell me. I figure that it's something silly so I say "Okay, better not tell me then". But she kept bringing it up and then says that her mom said that if she told me she would get spanked with a wooden spoon. Surprised That got me asking and she finally said that she had been up all night throwing up and having diarreah and even threw up in her mom's car on the way to my house. But her mom told her that she could not tell me and if she did then she would get spanked with a wooden spoon.

So I'm disgusted. First because, well, WTF?!? Then because the reason she had to hide it is because I have preemie twins and am immunocompromised myself (cancer survivor) who should not have been exposed like this. If her kid is that sick take the day off and stay home like anyone else would have to. I am so upset that she would deceive me that way, put my family at risk, threaten her daughter like that... Ugh!

I confronted SIL who claimed that her daughter made the whole thing up and was never sick. Whatever. I told her again that I cannot keep watching (Niece) and she needs to find something else!!! We are done today. Do not drop her off here tomorrow.

After apparently continuing the spanking at home, she made my 5yo neice call me and apologize for lying to me and beg me to let her keep coming to my house. Un-effing-believeable.

I told her that it was something for me and her mommy to talk about, not to worry about grown up problems, and that either way I still love her. My heart just broke a little bit though.

Guess what happened next...

I woke up to find neice hiding behind the couch in my living room. SIL used my hidden spare key (she knew where it was because she has come by on a few occasions to take care of our dog when we've gone away for a weekend) to very quietly let herself in and left her DD here with instructions to stay quiet and try to be un-noticed until school time. Surprised Scared the crap outta me.

And of course she wouldn't take my calls at work. When I found her neice sobbed to me begging me not to kick her out and promising to be better.

Since then she has continued to avoid me, won't take my calls, uses my spare key (which I've asked for back repeatedly) to sneak in and drop her off while I'm asleep and refuses to talk to me when she quickly picks her up.

We had another big blow up last Monday after my niece beat my dog, a sweet yellow lab, with a broom stick until he was wimpering and yelping in a corner of our yard. SIL said that was "normal kid stuff" and felt that I was persecuting her poor little girl. I lost it and became a total nut job myself and chased SIL to her car with that broom screaming that this babysitting arrangement was over.

She of course ignored that and sent her here the rest of the week. Friday evening I lost it again and kicked her and her daughter out of my house. I told her not to come back. It's over. I'm done. Period.

And I bet you can guess who ignored that and dropped her yesterday morning. So at my sister's advice I sent SIL a clear message in an email:

"Hey (SIL), To follow up on our conversation that we had Friday, I will no longer be caring for (Niece), and her last day with us will be this Wednesday, (date). Please return the house key to me on Wednesday when you pick up (Niece)."

This is her response:

"I’m taken back by this email when initially you were beyond supportive and helpful by helping my find my job, helping me find my apartment all on the cornerstone that my baby girl would be taken care for. For you to ripe the rug out from under me and my child and expect me to find suitable childcare in 48 hours is completely unrealistic.

I felt as though our conversation on Friday had no constructive criticism in regards to (Niece), I felt as though it was only a personal attack at my father in regards to a Disneyland trip. When there is nothing positive that can be gained from a conversation I shut down and it is difficult for me to then listen. It’s something I should work on.

I feel as though your decision to kick your sister in law and niece out on the street is thee definition of ruining family relationships.

I’m working on find a different childcare provider but I doubt I can do this in two days, if an extension can be given it would be greatly appreciated. I hope after reading this an agreement can be made that will foster support and love and not break ties"

quote:

I was planning on changing the locks after the deadline to return the key tomorrow. I don't think that I can trust that she won't just make a copy of the key before she returns it, if she returns it.

The backgground on the disneyland thing is that my DH's supervisor at work is their dad. Back in June when this year's school calendar came out DH put in for time off this Thursday/Friday since the kids have it off for veterans day and we planned on taking a 4 day weekend to go to Disneyland. A few weeks ago FIL told DH that there had been a clerical error and DH could no longer have those days off because they had also been "promised to someone else". We were disappointed but hey, it happens...Turns out that FIL decided to take SIL and neice to disneyland that weekend instead and he's the "other person" that needed those days off and needed DH to stay and manage things while he's out. I was pissed that SIL who knew how disappointed me and my kids were to cancel our trip would think that this was perfectly okay and I said it. But that was a teeny tiny part of the bigger conversation about neice's behavioral issues and how it wasn't working out for me to keep watching her.

quote:

I have been telling her for well over a month, if not almost two months, that she needs to find something else. I chased her with the broom yelling it last week on Monday. I screamed it at her and threw her out of my house on Friday. I sent the email yesterday saying that Wednesday is her last day. The 48 hours thing is also bull because niece is going to disneyland Thursday through Sunday and won't need any before or after school care until next Monday. That's a week, not 48 hours. Besides, she has been told numerous times to start finding something else and choose not to.

And Dh does agree with me. He thinks that SIL is rediculous. He's talked to her on the phone a few times, usually about once a week when things blow up, and told her that she has to find other care. She just ignores him too. And threatens to have their dad, DH's boss, get DH in line.

quote:

Of the two big blowouts one was regrettably in front of (Niece). That was last Monday when (Niece) was whacking my dog with the broom. When SIL tried to pull her usual yell for her and run I told her that we had to talk about "an incident". She said that she didn't want to talk to me and turned to leave pulling (Niece) along with her. I said that it was very serious, raising my tone some. She said again that she didn't want to talk and kept walking away and yes, I lost it and chased after her and yelled that I was done. I shouldn't have done that. But like I said this has been going on for so long, and I was so shaken up by what (Niece)had just done to my sweet dog, that I snapped. That is the only time that I've gotten into it with SIL in front of (Niece).

quote:

Lock changing is happening this morning. I was swamped with dinner and homework and baths and everything last night. But that way when she picks up her DD for the last time this evening she will have to knock and that should give her a clear indication that I'm serious.

We didn't see SIL this morning, and she seems to have had an idea that we would try to catch her because she must have dropped her DD off here wayyyy earlier than usual. She's normally here at 6:00 or 6:15ish, but today I made DH wake up early to talk to her himself and niece was already on our couch sleeping at 5:30am. So she's clearly stepping up her avoidance of us]
. . . .

I agreed to this situation because I do love my niece and had no idea how much work or how many hours would actually be involved. I live right across the street from the elementary school so in theory it would be easy for me to just pick her up when I walk over and get my own kids (1st and 3rd grade) and let them play together for a couple of hours. It didn't seem like a bad idea. But I hadn't spent much time with my niece, and it has pretty much always been at larger family gatherings so I didn't realize how challenging she is when you are her caretaker. And the number of hours that I was told I would be needed are not matching up with the reality.

I know that her behavioral issues aren't her fault. She has a crappy mom and a crappy situation... I have said that I am heartbroken for some of the things that have come up. But she clearly needs much more than I am able to give her while also dealing with my own 4 kids, including 1yo twins, one of which has (illness). I just can't give her the amount of attention that she needs to keep her behavior under control without neglecting my kids and as much as I love her and want to help that is just not fair to them.

I did have an email exchange with an acquaintaince of mine who is a CPS case worker after the vomiting/threatened with spanking with a spoon incident, because I was so upset over it, who said that all of the stuff that has happened so far is just not CPS worthy. There is clearly a lot of emotional abuse and poor parenting. But she wasn't actually hit with the spoon, it was a threat, she was spanked with an open hand which is legal. There is just nothing that can be proven or that is bad enough to warrant them stepping in. So I did look into that. She is one of the people that told me to get in writing a cut off date (my email) because then I will have proof and can call about abandonment if she tries to dump her here after that.

SIL has been using (Niece) to try to emotionally blackmail me. I will quietly away from the child tell her about issues that I'm having and tell her to find other care (yes, too nicely and doormat-ish I know...) because I don't want niece to be involved in that conversation. Then the next day, or in that one case later on the phone, (Niece) will be crying because after they left her mom told her all kinds of horrible things about how I don't want her here and think that she's a bad child and will instruct her to beg me not to kick her out. When I'm dealing with an upset crying child I do my best to reassure her that I love her and not to worry about our grown up issues. But I can't stop SIL from using that tactic which is effective, I mean it is really hard to follow up with cutting SIL off when I know that she will use it as proof to niece that the things she's been telling her are true.

quote:

Okay, here is the big update...

SIL showed up here much earlier than usual. She had to knock (locks changed!). I let her in and said that I needed to talk to her before she picked up her DD. My 6yo came walking by the hallway 2 rooms away and she yelled back to him to tell his mom (when I am 3 feet away from her) that she "has nothing to talk to her about and will not talk to her." Then niece hears her mom's voice and comes running out and SIL starts literally jumping up and down squealing "my little princess is going to Disneyland" "Aren't you excited to go to Disneyland my little (Niece's name)". At this point my 6yo (who was supposed to go to Disneyland this weekend but who's vacation was cancelled) runs off crying.

So she completely ignored me standing there. Wouldn't even look at me. I told SIL to leave and that "Our arrangement is over. There is no extension". I didn't want to say anything to bluntly right in front of the kids. She kept ignoring me and just bounced around telling (Niece) to grab all of her stuff and hurry so she can get to Disneyland. They left. I locked the new locks.

And I'm really glad that I did change those locks because when my 6yo was playing with niece this afternoon she told him that he should hide all of his most special toys. He asked why and she told him that her mom is really mad and is going to come and "steal money and things" from our house.Surprised So hide you special toys so that she won't steal those.

quote:

I do have a little bit of an update for you. SIL showed up at DH's work today. She said "Hi *insert DH's name*" to him. Her tone was kind of flat, but nothing overtly snarky. He said "Hi (SIL's name)" back and she walked past him to FIL's office where they had a long talk. I have no idea what was said, DH thinks that she was hitting up daddy for money which she does fairly often, but there must have been something about me thrown in too because for the rest of the day afterwords FIL was totally giving DH dirty looks and generally being grouchy towards him.

About Thanksgiving... I still am honestly not sure what to do. I really do see both sides as well. I think that I should wait a bit and see what happens over the next week or so before making a final decision. I think that either way could lead to further problems. And I need to get DH's take on what he wants to do.

The way his conversation with FIL about us being disinvited went it almost sounded like FIL was using our invitation as a bargaining chip to get me to keep watching neice. You know, if I don't keep up the free childcare the conflict might get in the way of us coming to Thanksgiving, but repent and apologize now and you can smooth it out and secure your invite. When it was clear that we were calling his bluff and the tactic didn't work then he came back and said that he really didn't want us to stay away and that we could come anyway.

There has been one very interesting new development though. Back when I started watching my neice SIL came to me about something. In the county that she used to live in she was getting subsidized childcare through a non-profit's program that would pay her childcare provider for her. It was only good while she was a resident in that county and would be void as soon as she moved down here, but she wanted to lie about her address to continue receiving it. and she also confessed that she and her old provider would lie about the number of hours that her child was watched and split the additional money.

She asked in a very indirect round about way if I might do that too. I of course being a honest person said "ummm that's illegal, hell no!" Surprised And that's the last that I heard about it... Until a caseworker from that agency called me today to find out why I had not returned the paperwork that needed to be completed for me to get paid yet. I told her that I was no longer watching neice, and was unsure about the paperwork and would "need to clarify some things" about it with SIL.

So from the sound of it SIL tried to go ahead with the scam without me knowing and I can totally screw SIL over and tell the caseworker the truth... or stay out of it.

quote:

I got some back story from the caseworker. This is a private non-profit organization and not an official county agency.

She said that SIL contacted her previous caseworker back in the begining of September to let them know that she had a new provider (me) as of August 2nd. Which is accurate, that is when I started having neice full time, the month of July was part time care here and there when SIL had an interview or was out apartment hunting or something.

The agency was going to send me out a bunch of forms and stuff for me to sign to formally become her provider through the program, but before that happened SIL called them back and told them that as of September 14th I was no longer caring for neice. So nothing further was done, they never sent the forms and they did not issue me a check. She kind of implied that their records showed that SIL dropped me to switch to another care provider, but the caseworker said that she wasn't able to confirm or discuss anything other than what specifically pertained to me.

Then 2 weeks ago, before I had the big blow up with SIL, she called the agency back and said that there had been a mistake and I had actually been caring for her child all along. So they needed to get the ball rolling to get me paid. They sent the forms out, to my correct address, but I never got them (SIL intercepted them?). And when two weeks had passed without me returning them the caseworker wanted to call and see why. That's the call I got yesterday.

So, they do not have my signature on anything. They do not have my social security number. They only pay by direct deposit and don't have my account information. Their records show that no money has been paid to me yet.

So I confirmed that I have been caring for neice full time from August 2nd, *when SIL moved here*, until November 10th when I ended our arrangement because of some "boundary issues" and mentioned SIL using my spare key to drop off her DD when I was unaware. I said that I was doing it as a favor for free and that I did not know about and was not involved in SIL requesting payment for me and that I had never received any paperwork from the agency.

The caseworker said that she was going to look into it and I said that I'd be happy to cooperate in any way that they need. She said that she was suspicious of SIL because usually when a childcare provider is expecting to be paid and has been working without payment for months they would be calling the agency demanding to know where their money is. Between that and changing her story about who was watching her kid for months some red flags were raised. So that backed up my story about not being involved and she seemed sympathetic to me. She'll give me a call back later and of course whenever she does I'll update.

I did leave out the scam that she was doing with the old provider overbilling and splitting the extra money because SIL just mentioned it that one time, I don't know the details, I don't even know who her old provider was. And I don't know how to prove that the provider didn't watch the child for the number of hours that she and SIL both signed off saying she did. But I'm sure that they'll examine her records well and after the other stuff I gave them.

quote:

DH and I still haven't made a decision about our Thanksgiving plans. I don't know yet if we'll be stopping by FIL's house in the morning before going to my parents or not. DH keeps going back and forth about what he thinks we should do.

After the new news that I got last night I'm leaning towards not going. A little back ground, for the last 10 or so years on the day after Thanksgiving I go out shopping with some relatives and then we go to a very nice expensive champagne lunch at the same place. We have to make these reservations 6 or more months in advance. It's a tradition and a very big deal to me... FIL (who is DH's supervisor and also knows about these plans) told him last night that he has to work the day after Thanksgiving this year. Which is crazy because their company is always closed that day, and even if it were open DH has seniority over everyone else in his dept and shouldn't be the one to have to come in, and he shouldn't spring it on us with only a weeks notice when I have to find a babysitter for 4 kids. So I think FIL is doing a little more PA punishment and I'm annoyed.

quote:

Okay, DH did not walk off. Whoever said that he was just venting to his sympathetic wife was right on. There wasn't even any particularly big blow up between him and FIL. Just more of the same dirty looks, giving DH a hard time and finding tiny little things to chew him out over, not allowing him to take a lunch break during a 12 hour day, that sort of thing. Combined with a couple of annoying jerky customers and DH having to make up the schedule and arrangements for them to be open next Friday he was having a really bad day and vented about it to me not FIL.

We talked about it and he knows that he does need to get things moving on either his own business or looking at a job at another dealership. Either way where he is now clearly isn't working out.

But of course I won't disappoint and have new drama to add... My sister came by this morning to take my older kids out to a park for a few hours. I thought that it was so sweet since she knew how hard the twins have been on me when they aren't feeling well. A bit after she picked them up my mom called to talk about our Thanksgiving plans, what kind of pies I'm bringing, that sort of thing, and she mentions how nice/surprising it was that my sister was bringing (Niece) to the park with my kids. My response of course was WTF!?!?

So I immediately call my sister's cell and she says that yes, she called my SIL and arranged to bring my niece along to the park to allow the kids to still have a nice relationship. My response was still WTF!?!?!? I told her that it was low and sneaky to set something like this up behind my back. She argued that all of my issues are with SIL and that she felt that having (Niece) out in a neutral location with my kids was a good thing to do.

I'm pissed. I am sure that somehow this will come back to bite me and I'll be the bad guy again. And now I have to deal with my own sister as well as the whole SIL mess.
Final update:

quote:

I just spent the last half hour cussing out my sister.

It gets even worse. After I called her and yelled at her on the phone she had the good sense to leave the park and take neice back to SIL's house... But when dropping her off SIL somehow invited her and my kids into her house and my sister went along with it. They hung out and drank hot chocolate. Sister claims that it would have been rude and reflected poorly on me if she declined SIL's invitation so she only went along with it to protect me. I call BS.

I am livid. I chewed her out, loudly and with a lot of cuss words. She is on a time out for awhile and cannot take my kids anywhere indefinitely.

I'm not mad at my mom. She suffered a traumatic brain injury a few years ago and mentally isn't the same, kind of like early alzheimer's symptoms. She's forgetful and doesn't understand things the way she used to. I'm grateful that my sister's plan seemed off enough to her to even mention it to me.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That was exhausting and irritating and now I want to throw things.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Pope Corky the IX posted:

That was exhausting and irritating and now I want to throw things.

I mean Jesus christ what do you do with someone who just ignores you and keeps leaving her kid at your house? Changing the locks sounds like a joke answer but I don't know what else would have worked

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AITA for saying my sister is the reason they can’t afford Christmas?

quote:

AITA for saying my sister is the reason they can’t afford Christmas? (self.AmItheAsshole)

submitted 5 hours ago * by kindaconfused282

I,29m, have a sister in-law who is 22 and his husband is 23. Their son just barely 1. She claims to have some chronic illness that makes it hard for somedays and they have been seeing a lot of doctors lately and was even in the hospital for a few days. She has a bone marrow biopsy coming up.

Because of all these doctor appointments her husband takes off work early to take her. He even took off 2 of the 3 days she was in the hospital and took early to pick her up from the hospital. I helped them out for those days for rent. In passing my SIL mentioned that they won’t be getting presents for each other or their baby this year because they had to use their savings and are still catching up on some bills.

She said she felt guilty about their financial situation and saids it’s her fault because of her health. I made a comment saying “well if he didn’t have to take off so much work then you could afford Christmas but there’s always next year.”

My wife(her sister) glared at me and my SIL’s husband said “It’s not her fault. God forbid she has something serious.” I was taken back and replied “What if she isn’t sick and it’s just all in head.” He then replied asking if “I wanted to read the test results and doctors notes and that doctors don’t just order a bone marrow biopsy if they didn’t believe they needed it.”

They left soon after and my other SIL said I was insensitive and don’t understand. My father in-law who is their dad said I was right and said she needed a reality check. My wife said(as usual) she isn’t getting involved but I should stop and think about what I said. The more I think the more I think I’m right. It’s not anyone else’s fault they can’t afford Christmas.

Edit: let me explain. I said it because I was worried she would ask for money to help get her baby, herself, and her husband presents. Since you all seem to care so much about her you guys can pay for Christmas. I just think if she had something super serious she would know by now so it can’t be that serious so can’t they wait till their are caught up on bills to go to doctors?

Comments:

quote:

You shouldn’t put so much information in your post. I know this is about me. I told Kenzie you guys are more than welcomed to read the doctors notes. I didn’t want money. You cut me off before I could explain that we were wondering if guys would accept a late Christmas present. Everyone told us not to worry but I didn’t want to offend you. I still love you but wish you had more empathy

If anyone has any questions about my journey or advice please message me

[–]kindaconfused28[S] -1030 points 3 hours ago

I needed advice since Kenzie doesn’t want to talk about it. Don’t worry about getting us presents. We love you and will see you guys on Wednesday.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Dec 11, 2021

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Fil5000 posted:

I mean Jesus christ what do you do with someone who just ignores you and keeps leaving her kid at your house? Changing the locks sounds like a joke answer but I don't know what else would have worked

You call CPS and report them for child abandonment. They even mentions being told it's a thing and then it just never comes up again.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
e: ^^ omw to leave my kid at your house :argh:

Fil5000 posted:

you call CPS and report that they have abandoned their child at your house. you keep doing that every time until they take the hint or lose the kid. one or the other will happen eventually if only because they don't want to deal with the hassle anymore.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for saying my sister is the reason they can’t afford Christmas?

Comments:
This dude is teeing up some foul karma if he thinks people get bone marrow biopsies for fun.

Also feel better Kenzie.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

This dude is teeing up some foul karma if he thinks people get bone marrow biopsies for fun.

Also feel better Kenzie.

Well we did accuse someone yesterday of getting their neck fused by a quack for fun...

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Double post for hot new content...

AITA for blasting my music at the gym?

quote:

So i go to this gym in my building and no one has ever told me anything about my music but for thr past few days this guy comes in and removes the aux from my phone but i dont bother putting it back cuz i rlly dont wanna argue

But today i went back to connect my phone back to the aux after which the guy came outta no where and asked me "do you know what headphones are?" With the most punchable face

I laughed and asked him what he meant cuz i got a lil taken aback by his attitude

Anyways i kept it civil and decided not to continue arguing cuz i was almost done with my session anyways but should i insist on continue playing music or just get headphones (to which NO ONE objects other than one oval office)

I know it aint a private gym but drat he could've been a little polite

Am i the rear end in a top hat for wanting to play my music that literally one dude objected to (he wants to workout in silence) Edit: yall clearly arent sikkunts Edit: i realise blaring my music in a public place isnt decent of me but its a gym with an aux Edit: yeah i figure other ppl might not like my music imma get earphones Edit: i agree im the rear end in a top hat for playing the music like dat but bro didnt have to be mean ffs just couldve told me to turn it off lmfao Edit:bruh y tf yall calling me a roidhead and getting pissed i literally said imma start using loving earpods Edit:im 17 and started going to the gym 5 months ago bruh chill Edit: mfs rlly saying kys Edit: now how is calling someone bro bad Edit: theres a speaker there for a loving reason its a gym wym why Edit: i made dis AMA cuz even i thought maybe it was a lil inconsiderate of me to blast music BUT ITS A loving GYM WITH SPEAKERS FOR THAT SPECIFIC PURPOSE Edit: i might be the rear end in a top hat in this situation but tf yall gotta say poo poo like ur prob an rear end in a top hat to everyone drat Edit:wym learn english Edit:nah yall just making GBS threads on me instead of wut i did in this situation Edit: yall some bitches fr Edit: getting drilled by 400 people really makes ur day

Posted and deleted in 3 hrs

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Hot gym take, if you are working out at a gym that has speakers you can hook your phone up to, you aren't an rear end in a top hat for doing so. I have been to multiple gyms like that and unless it's something super offensive just ignore it or put on your own headphones

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
lmfao the "geraffes are so dumb" guy lives on

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

B-Rock452 posted:

Hot gym take, if you are working out at a gym that has speakers you can hook your phone up to, you aren't an rear end in a top hat for doing so. I have been to multiple gyms like that and unless it's something super offensive just ignore it or put on your own headphones

try behaving like a human and ask the people around if they mind first, don't just rock up to the stereo, put linkin park's entire discography on shuffle, slam the volume to 11 and break the knob off

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Hughlander posted:

Double post for hot new content...

AITA for blasting my music at the gym?

Posted and deleted in 3 hrs

Jersey Shore Guido spotted

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Sikkunts?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

B-Rock452 posted:

Look into your heart and discover what type of music a 17 year old might play to get pumped for a workout and what sort of lyrics they might have.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

i googled it and all the recommended related searches were about zyzz if that helps

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
that same dude is also following someone around Reddit insisting they stop posting and pay him back the money they owe him

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
No one wants to listen to anyone else's music at the gym, ever. I don't care how good they think their deathmetal or rap or reggeaton or 2014 pop mix is, no one ever wants to hear it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

carry on then posted:

try behaving like a human and ask the people around if they mind first, don't just rock up to the stereo, put linkin park's entire discography on shuffle, slam the volume to 11 and break the knob off

We ASSUME Linkin Park. What if it's Adele?

AITA for not taking my kids on my ex's days

quote:

My ex and I have 2 kids (15m and 13f). I have them every other Monday-Thurdsay.

Around a month or two ago, he called me and said that his sister was in the ICU after being hit by a car and asked me to take the kids for a couple days so he could see her. I was reluctant because earlier this year he gave me a hard time because I booked a vacation for me and my boyfriend (now fiance) during my custody time, but I agreed because she could've died. We live around 5 hours away from them so I assumed he'd drive there, stay the night, then come back the next morning but he was gone for almost a week.

Then last Friday, the day after my kids went back to my ex, apparently his oldest niece (same sister's kid. Maybe 16 or 17) called him and asked for help. According to my ex, the girl's stepdad made her be her mom's full time caretaker, take care of her half siblings (3 girls under 5), and do everything around the house.

He asked me to take them again so he could pick up his nieces and arrange for his sister to be in some kind of care home or have a full time carer. I asked how long this would take and he said he didn't know and estimated that it would be around a week.

I said no because he refuses to take the kids during my custody time and he screamed at me, saying this was a family emergency, called me a petty bitch, and said I'm a horrible mom. I still refused to take them so he called my parents, explained the situation, and left the kids with them.

Now, on top of my ex giving me crap, my parents are saying I should've taken my kids because this was an emergency.

AITA for not taking my kids during my ex's custody time?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Zyzz?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Cthulu Carl posted:

Look into your heart and discover what type of music a 17 year old might play to get pumped for a workout and what sort of lyrics they might have.

So the guy should have talked to him. Don't just unplug someone's phone.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

bodybuilder from 4chan, start of the aesthetics movement and coiner of the phrase "u mirin"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not taking my kids on my ex's days
Did OP ever clarify if they had a specific reason that would conflict with having the kids around, or do they just hate their kids? I mean it's 13 and 15, they're not exactly a burden for care at that age.

Also she sees her kids what, 8 days a month? Was she purposely booking that vacation to avoid them, seems like it'd be pretty easy to plan around.