Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Posted just now (well less than 5mins)

Don't tease....

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1469788225673826308?s=20

(She's the one who broke partygate)

https://twitter.com/MirrorPolitics/status/1469788795813998595

They've just so blatantly had this stuff for months. Its being released on a daily basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Right in advance of when they're going to need to implement some restrictions for winter.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Idk, I doubt many people will care that much about an office quiz when people were already working in the office.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
loving lol yes

oh its not a video lame

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

stev posted:

Idk, I doubt many people will care that much about an office quiz when people were already working in the office.

Its video evidence of them breaking the law. The Met wouldn't investigate the other stuff as there was no 'proof'. They'll struggle to sweep this one under the rug.

There are people still going through the courts for having 2 people in this house, never mind an office quiz night.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Theresa May is coming for Boris

https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1469790688514555913

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

is that stratton sat next to him? someone who resigned knowing she was hosed?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Omi-shambles

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

He's hosed any chance of being PM over that drinks party he held.

Coffey is getting poo poo too as she held a similar DWP one.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
This entire thing is a disgrace.

Time for Truss.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

stev posted:

Next week people across the whole country are probably (hopefully) going to be asked to follow a new round of sensible restrictions as cases increase.

They will care about it because they will think it unfair that Boris Johnson didn't, and those that do not want to follow public health guidance will use it as reasoning.

The correct response to this would be to issue a public statement saying "these guidelines were written by public health experts, not by Boris Johnson. Boris Johnson is a dirty oval office who doesn't wipe his own arse and, were he not Prime Minister, he'd be more likely out there protesting basic hygiene along with Laurence Fox and David Icke and all those other loving idiots than he would be doing anything useful. As such, he will be spending the remainder of the pandemic confined to a sanitarium under the Public Health Act."

The correct and funny response would be to legally compel Boris Johnson to read that on live television.

They will do neither however, and this will undermine willingness to follow the new winter rules, because it rightly feels like a piss take.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the last prominent tory standing will be Starmer

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I miss when we could at least enjoy John Bercow shouting at all these idiots

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

fuctifino posted:

No, he's hosed any chance of being PM over failing to media-manage well enough to keep his department party secret while his rivals' were all over the front pages.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Looking forward to the next "Ah, well, never the less"

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the last prominent tory standing will be Starmer

no you're a bit confused, starmer isnt a tory

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/MirrorPolitics/status/1469793195529809927

thanks keef

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

NotJustANumber99 posted:

no you're a bit confused, starmer isnt a tory

shut the gently caress up

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/IamHappyToast/status/1469674243529003011

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

what?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

fuctifino posted:

The Patel vs Truss leadership contest gonna be a hoot

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

My money’s on Gove. He’s got Murdoch’s backing.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Tory party is still not popular vote right? Gove probably is the dark horse candidate then, Truss might be popular with the rank and file but Gove was a journalist

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Meaning he's got enough dirt on a couple of the whips for everyone else to mysteriously step down.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Guavanaut posted:

Right in advance of when they're going to need to implement some restrictions for winter.
isn't it just fascinating how it's all coming out now?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

EvilHawk posted:

Tory party is still not popular vote right? Gove probably is the dark horse candidate then, Truss might be popular with the rank and file but Gove was a journalist

Tory party has been popular vote as far back as I can remember atm, that's how Leadsom got to the final round against May

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Regarde Aduck posted:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Spangly A posted:

Tory party has been popular vote as far back as I can remember atm, that's how Leadsom got to the final round against May

It's internal backstabbing until the final two and then a membership poll between those two, I thought.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
it's actually decided by a throwing competition :ssh:

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

sebzilla posted:

It's internal backstabbing until the final two and then a membership poll between those two, I thought.

yeah my bad, it's american democracy rules

no idea why I keep forgetting that, but it still involves a chance michael gove requires a majority of tory membership support (unless the other candidate resigns) which is the same problem he's always had

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Gotta say the scandalous Christmas party being a quiz is far more mundane than I was imagining

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

sebzilla posted:

Isn't it *technically* a membership vote on the last 2, but usually one steps down for the candidate with all the knives to get in unopposed?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

TACD posted:

Gotta say the scandalous Christmas party being a quiz is far more mundane than I was imagining
That's good though, like twisto said earlier if it was some adrenochrome fueled dionysia where everyone was painted gold and wearing wings while enacting the sex acts from the banned books list there's a mental disconnect effect, whereas it being something more like what the line manager who quotes Family Guy all the time tries to pressure everyone into attending when they just want to knock off early and have a pint then people are just going to hate them more.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Barry Foster posted:

NHS website

Try again now maybe

If it doesn't work I couldn't tell you why

I went to the website and it now says:

quote:

You can use this service to pre-book a booster dose of the vaccine if it's been 2 months (61 days) since your 2nd dose and you're in one of these groups:

aged 40 years old and over
aged 16 years old and over with a health condition that puts you at high risk from COVID-19
frontline health and social care workers

and

quote:

The NHS is working on plans to offer:

a booster dose to everyone aged 18 to 39 years old
a booster dose to people aged 16 years old and over with a severely weakened immune system
a 2nd dose to all children aged 12 to 15 years old who are not already eligible
Please note that these are not yet available to book using this service.

We'll update this page once the service is updated. Please wait to be contacted by the NHS.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
A theory probably born of watching way too much Yes Minister, but the the Met *have* to have known about Johnson's party(ies) and probably Sunak's one too, just because they are the security staff for Number 10 and heavily patrol Horse Guards Road where the Treasury is. What are the chances that this has filtered up to Patel, via Cressida Dick who of course desperately needs the Home Secretary's backing right now (her role has two bosses, effectively, the Home Secretary and the London Assembly, and the latter really aren't happy with her)? If nothing else she's coming out of the last few weeks with several big policy wins and all of a sudden the upper echelons of the Tory party are falling to scandals that she's clean of (because I'm certain she's never been to a party in her life).

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Private Speech posted:

I went to the website and it now says:

and

Just book it, it should work.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Guavanaut posted:

That's good though, like twisto said earlier if it was some adrenochrome fueled dionysia where everyone was painted gold and wearing wings while enacting the sex acts from the banned books list there's a mental disconnect effect, whereas it being something more like what the line manager who quotes Family Guy all the time tries to pressure everyone into attending when they just want to knock off early and have a pint then people are just going to hate them more.

Maybe? I guess my gut reaction was to hate them for having a great time at a drug-fuelled rager; a Christmas quiz sounds like half of them probably wished they could be at home instead

TACD fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 12, 2021

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

TACD posted:

Maybe? I guess my gut reaction was to hate them for having a great time at a drug-fuelled rager; a Christmas quiz sounds like half of them probably wished they could be at home instead

the banality of evil, indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My dad is FEWMING about the parties and he's generally a good bar as to how Thatchercunts feel about the current situation. He likes Sunak though.