Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I hope not, I'm already having a hard time getting used to typing XVI, adding in XVII is too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I beat Endwalker. Better than I could have hoped tbh. They could just announce that the game is over after Pandamonium and the alliance raid are out and I'd be perfectly content.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

acumen posted:

It prompted me for my registration key so I put it in. This was causing problems?

lol i was trying to log on immediately after waking up and almost attached the endwalker key to the wrong service account

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I just completed (83 Duty) In From the Cold and it loving rocked

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
New summoner is outstanding. Such a nice breath of air, though I'll always fondly remember the original version as that's how I beat the MSQ up until Endwalker.

Working on maxing out fates by relearning my level 80 classes. Really wondering where my mind was putting my samurai AOE not on the first set of cross bars.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

I have hit my mental roadblock. I saw a really cool outfit torso for healers in the 85 dungeon, so I want it. But I have no level 85 healers yet (81, 80, 80, 70), but I don't want to hard grind my WHM up for hours because I want to continue to blow things up as a BLM.

So I'm just stuck immediately after that duty frozen in decision paralysis.

I have elected to go get dinner and let someone else go play on Cactuar in my place.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Consummate Professional posted:

New summoner is outstanding. Such a nice breath of air, though I'll always fondly remember the original version as that's how I beat the MSQ up until Endwalker.

I just gave it a quick try and it's a real mindfuck to figure out from scratch at 80, but it seems like with a little practice and understanding it'll be really cool. Pretty much every attack feels like it would be a "capstone" high-cooldown attack on any other class.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I just gave it a quick try and it's a real mindfuck to figure out from scratch at 80, but it seems like with a little practice and understanding it'll be really cool. Pretty much every attack feels like it would be a "capstone" high-cooldown attack on any other class.

It is and it is great.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Oh don't get me wrong, I thought I was doing it totally wrong for a bit because it's very simple around 80. It's still not extremely complex at 90 but there's very little downtime. And the summons get bigger at 90 which is bad rear end.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Begemot posted:

They look great as long as the camera is like ten feet off the ground, which it will be 99% of the time.

Unfortunately, they love to do dramatic close-ups during cutscenes. I laughed out loud at the zoom in on extremely low-poly grapes in EW, they look so bad. And the hair always bugs me, the textures are just awful.

In contrast the Dragoon Endwalker AF has a lot of fine detail that looks great in closeups, but it's so dark it's a mess when zoomed out.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I decided to check on SMN and lol yeah this is a start over from scratch deal

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Summoner is incredibly simple mechanically which leaves more room for on-the-spot decision making and also looking cool which is the most important part of a job.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the most important thing a class can do is shoot dragonlasers which is why dragoon and summoner are the best classes

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
does smn have a decent aoe rotation now instead of dot spreading and garuda egi?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

the most important thing a class can do is shoot dragonlasers which is why dragoon and summoner are the best classes

Oh please I will dance circles around your lasers. Literally. :v:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Me theorycrafting level 90 bard: "okay this is basicly the same as 80, just hit this one extra button and I can stack this oGCD if the cooldown reduction procs a lot."

Me playing level 90 Bard in a dungeon for the first time: "oh crap now I hit this and this and this button just came off cooldown and keep that GCD rolling and wait this is something weird THE BOSS IS DOING SOMETHING WEIRD!"

I was not nearly as prepared as I thought, I have to recalibrate all my instinctive timers.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
me thinking about dragoon changes: oh they just added an ogcd no big deal
me playing dragoon: oh god the changes in cooldown times means that everything lines up by default, so every drift away from perfect is pure agony

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

I'm not reading the 3k posts y'all made while I was waiting in queue, but Endwalker is p. good imo.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

does smn have a decent aoe rotation now instead of dot spreading and garuda egi?

Well, it now has no dots and all the summons have an AOE button. Also you should use all three summons until you summon Phoenix or bahumet again. It's insanely different.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
yeah as it turns out the biggest changes to any given class are timer based rather than the actual effect of action, that throws off your rhythm WAY more

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm actually a little mad that none of these "regale the tales of your adventures" have an option for the massive fish I've caught

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mister Olympus posted:

yeah as it turns out the biggest changes to any given class are timer based rather than the actual effect of action, that throws off your rhythm WAY more

The DNC changes are extremely subtle since timers didnt really change either. But its just feels so much smoother somehow.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Me with Paladin changes: Literally nothing changed for my rotation.

One of the OGCD:s is now aoe, instead of a single-target and sheltron gained tldr.
I can't wait for lvl 90, when I can press Confiteor SwordsSwordsSwords-button 4 times in row instead of once.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 11, 2021

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

In that it has an AoE button and all of its summons do AoE damage and all of it summon exclusive abilities do AoE damage yes.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Robo Reagan posted:

It seems like it's exactly the same as the ST rotation. Every ST attack has an equivalent AOE attack so you just press that button instead.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

did the weapon ex trial 2 times and won the coffer both times, guess im geared on my SCh and WAR now! time to learn the 83 trial

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Day number 6 in a row where I get disconnected between 4 and 7, effectively ending my night. Very cool this happens every single day. :thumbsup: It's cool how there's nothing I can do about this

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Furnaceface posted:

The DNC changes are extremely subtle since timers didnt really change either. But its just feels so much smoother somehow.

I'm mostly just still adjusting to drowning in Esprit all the time.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Macaluso posted:

Day number 6 in a row where I get disconnected between 4 and 7, effectively ending my night. Very cool this happens every single day. :thumbsup: It's cool how there's nothing I can do about this

Those rascally packets

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm mostly just still adjusting to drowning in Esprit all the time.

yea DNC is my side job so I've been toying with it now that I'm done with the MSQ and all. It feels a lot better in ways I can't describe but boy is it weird to have tons of Espirit.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Rap Game Goku posted:

I'm not reading the 3k posts y'all made while I was waiting in queue, but Endwalker is p. good imo.
one post per two people in queue

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Wingnut Ninja posted:

It seems like it's exactly the same as the ST rotation. Every ST attack has an equivalent AOE attack so you just press that button instead.

The main difference is in the Astral Flows. Titan's Astral Flow is single target, but can be spammed after each use of the ST or AoE ability. Ifrit's Astral Flow can be used twice, once for a single target dash attack and once again immediately after for a short range AoE attack. Garuda's is a single use AoE with a castbar where her ST and AoE attacks are instant.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Macaluso posted:

if it's that consistent, is there any possibility that some person or program on your network is loving with the internet every evening in some way? I don't know what that would mean, exactly, but that sucks so much it feels like trying to find the cause it worth it

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Veev posted:

That was just foreshadowing for anima being what remains of Varis. Whenever they weren't close enough to the radio they were literally hearing Varis tell them he was coming back and Glory to Garlemald! Alphinaud and Alisae assume it was just denial but later find out that's how the tempering was working.

It didn't take long for me to get far enough along for everything to make sense, but it did strike a bit close to home initially.

Also This is a normal sized book isn't it

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Gearhead posted:

The main difference is in the Astral Flows. Titan's Astral Flow is single target, but can be spammed after each use of the ST or AoE ability. Ifrit's Astral Flow can be used twice, once for a single target dash attack and once again immediately after for a short range AoE attack. Garuda's is a single use AoE with a castbar where her ST and AoE attacks are instant.

titans astral flow is AOE as well, though its only like 45 potency each for the additional targets

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
so did that maintenance last night/this morning fix the 2002 thing like they said?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Oh man, ~88 MSQ
Hermes is gonna catch the attention of something real, real bad out there in the expanse

OH gently caress

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 12, 2021

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

queeb posted:

titans astral flow is AOE as well, though its only like 45 potency each for the additional targets

Another thing I forgot, Garuda's Astral Flow AoE is a ground-based DoT patch.

There's going to be a certain amount of system mastery that comes from when to use a given Astral Flow or member of the Three Amigos on a given encounter.

Garuda gives you a lot of instant ability charges, but her attacks are the weakest. Ifrit gives you only two charges and they have cast times, but boy do they hurt. Titan's are instant and somewhere between the two in damage, but also have a medium number of ability charges.

Which ones you use when are going to depend on how your tank is pulling, how well enemies are clumping together and how fast everything is melting.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

so did that maintenance last night/this morning fix the 2002 thing like they said?

nevermind just got my answer :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think a true fix to the 2002 issue probably requires rewriting the login client to the point where by the time they have it ready, the queues won't be an issue anymore. Right now it has the baffling decision for the client to close when it can't contact the server, rather than trying again. That just didn't matter before so there was no need to fix it (though I kind of judge them for not anticipating the problem). Unfortunately, it's just not the kind of thing they can deploy in a hotfix. Maybe it'll show up in 6.1?