Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

nevermind just got my answer :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

They can’t fully fix the 2002 error until 21k people stop trying to log in at the same time per DC.

This also applies to the in queue issue because they’re claiming that the issue is your packet drops and then it tries to add you back into the queue and there it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Mister Olympus posted:

yeah as it turns out the biggest changes to any given class are timer based rather than the actual effect of action, that throws off your rhythm WAY more
Doing MCH AoE is a million times more satisfying now despite basically not changing, can't seem to pinpoint why though
[zone 3 so spoiler tagged just in case]

:thunk:
(You're right though because the biggest change is actually getting 10 heat/GCD instead of 5 and I've definitely just kept blasting away after hitting 50)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Insert name here posted:

Doing MCH AoE is a million times more satisfying now despite basically not changing, can't seem to pinpoint why though
[zone 3 so spoiler tagged just in case]

:thunk:
(You're right though because the biggest change is actually getting 10 heat/GCD instead of 5 and I've definitely just kept blasting away after hitting 50)

God I love that hat, it goes great with everything.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

cheetah7071 posted:

I think a true fix to the 2002 issue probably requires rewriting the login client to the point where by the time they have it ready, the queues won't be an issue anymore. Right now it has the baffling decision for the client to close when it can't contact the server, rather than trying again. That just didn't matter before so there was no need to fix it (though I kind of judge them for not anticipating the problem). Unfortunately, it's just not the kind of thing they can deploy in a hotfix. Maybe it'll show up in 6.1?

I mean I know that, but then they do maintenance that's said to specifically combat the 2002 problem and I start to doubt what I know, or maybe they never said it was to combat 2002s and I'm just listening to people saying that, I can't remember. also cool never got 3 instant 2002s on login in a row before.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I mean I know that, but then they do maintenance that's said to specifically combat the 2002 problem and start to doubt what I know, or maybe they never said it was to fix 2002s and I'm just listening to people saying that, I can't remember. also cool never got 3 instant 2002s on login in a row before.
It was specifically for error 3001, not 2002.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Immediately on login means there are 21,000 people in line on your datacenter

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

I see, not sure I ever got one of those, but whatever I'm moving past it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

so did that maintenance last night/this morning fix the 2002 thing like they said?

No. The 2002 is never getting fixed

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Gearhead posted:

Which ones you use when are going to depend on how your tank is pulling, how well enemies are clumping together and how fast everything is melting.

I didn't realize all that about the Astral Flow differences [e: looks like it's something that comes after 80], but aren't you going to use all three during your rotation no matter what? Or does that change at some point as well?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I didn't realize all that about the Astral Flow differences [e: looks like it's something that comes after 80], but aren't you going to use all three during your rotation no matter what? Or does that change at some point as well?

No, you use all three, it's simply a matter of when you can afford to stand still and cast vs. when you need to move, when you might need a dash to the enemy vs. when you want to stay away, etc.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I beat Endwalker. Better than I could have hoped tbh. They could just announce that the game is over after Pandamonium and the alliance raid are out and I'd be perfectly content.

Just finished it today too. I think I liked Shadowbringers better as a narrative but Endwalker definitely delivered on everything it set out to do and then some. (6.0 Last Boss) Goddamn they do the "all your bros are praying for you" thing and then the mix of the Endwalker theme and Maker's Ruin kicks in, goddamn. GODDAMN. I loved that the boss fight felt so classically Final Fantasy despite being an original encounter too. Felt just like fighting Zeromus, Exdeath, Safer Sephiroth, etc. while still feeling perfectly fit to FF14. Truly stellar design.

Also, I got Ninja and Astro to 90 like I said I would, and Jesus. New Astro is so fun, you have so many different options and you actually need to use all of them. I guess this probably isn't going to last forever because we're eventually going to start muscling things with ilvl again but I'm having a blast healing right now compared to Shadowbringers. And it's pretty great how much Forked Raiju adds to Ninja - you have to keep your eye on your Huton timer because you're constantly doing an entirely new combo, and you have a totally absurd amount of mobility between Raiton giving you a Shukuchi charge and each hit of Raiju being a gap closer. I'm absolutely loving these classes right now.

Macrocosmos rules.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Chillgamesh posted:

Just finished it today too. I think I liked Shadowbringers better as a narrative but Endwalker definitely delivered on everything it set out to do and then some. (6.0 Last Boss) Goddamn they do the "all your bros are praying for you" thing and then the mix of the Endwalker theme and Maker's Ruin kicks in, goddamn. GODDAMN. I loved that the boss fight felt so classically Final Fantasy despite being an original encounter too. Felt just like fighting Zeromus, Exdeath, Safer Sephiroth, etc. while still feeling perfectly fit to FF14. Truly stellar design.

Yeah, the final boss is incredible. I love the absolute audacity of having the screen go completely black for five whole seconds. It really gives you that sinking "did we just wipe?" feeling right before they most triumphant part of the whole fight. Also, the planet collision mechanic was really cool, and satisfying to figure out.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
(EW Healer role quest finale)Wasn't ready to tear up for Fordola but here we are.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Begemot posted:

Yeah, the final boss is incredible. I love the absolute audacity of having the screen go completely black for five whole seconds. It really gives you that sinking "did we just wipe?" feeling right before they most triumphant part of the whole fight. Also, the planet collision mechanic was really cool, and satisfying to figure out.

We had a tank who was very good with call outs. when the tank LB3 went off the fight kept going and when we needed it again maybe a minute later they just "oh no". It honestly depend my immersion a good bit.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

adhuin posted:

Me with Paladin changes: Literally nothing changed for my rotation.

One of the OGCD:s is now aoe, instead of a single-target and sheltron gained tldr.
I can't wait for lvl 90, when I can press Confiteor SwordsSwordsSwords-button 4 times in row instead of once.

It's not a big change but you don't have to reapply Goring Blade after your magic phase. :shrug:

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Has anyone seen (non-story stuff) Yugiri in Endwalker? Every single other person I've ever met swings by at some point but I don't remember seeing her.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

T-The DRK AF5... It has... It has tail armor. They did it. The motherfuckers added a set which actually accounts for cat tails. I honestly can't believe it, I think I'm crying with joy. DRK may have lost out the "mechanics" part of this expansion, but their AF is now officially the greatest piece of armor in the entire game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Draxion posted:

Has anyone seen (non-story stuff) Yugiri in Endwalker? Every single other person I've ever met swings by at some point but I don't remember seeing her.
Yes. But there's also, the tragic real life circumstances that resulted in her being less in the story, in general.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

homeless snail posted:

Yes. But there's also, the tragic real life circumstances that resulted in her being less in the story, in general.

That was mid-Heavensward, though. She was a main character in Stormblood, she's had a new voice actor for four years.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

homeless snail posted:

This probably had nothing to do with her role in the story.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

homeless snail posted:

Wasn't that pre-stormblood?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

They recast her but she was barely in Stormblood, and in even less post SB than Hien

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Draxion posted:

Shes in the Doma role quests! (Ranged DPS)

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Draxion posted:

She's featured prominently in the Physical Ranged DPS role quests.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

homeless snail posted:

she was barely in Stormblood

Uh she was in Stormblood a lot

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

Shes in the Doma role quests! (Ranged DPS)

YoshiOfYellow posted:

She's featured prominently in the Physical Ranged DPS role quests.

Well that'd explain that! I haven't touched those yet

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Studium spoilers: Get it together!!!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Zeruel posted:

Studium spoilers: Get it together!!!

I've only started the CUL quest but that's the impression I'm getting.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Uh she was in Stormblood a lot
Don't make me count onscreen npc hours, I'll do it

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
As someone who gets 2002 errors a lot in queue I decided to monitor my packet loss while in queue. I got one 2002 while in queue (after about 45 minutes), and had no packet loss at the time for the lobby server at least recorded on my side and basically no jitter

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

homeless snail posted:

Don't make me count onscreen npc hours, I'll do it

Do it, let's see the proof!!!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

How do you even count "onscreen NPC hours" in FFXIV.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The biggest failings of Endwalker are( general story, not really spoilers) Nero has no lines and we don’t get the Cid/Nero on-screen kiss.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

How do you even count "onscreen NPC hours" in FFXIV.
With a stopwatch. Might be hard to count her though, never know where she might be hiding

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

homeless snail posted:

With a stopwatch. Might be hard to count her though, never know where she might be hiding

I'm just saying she is onscreen basically 24/7 in the Doma stuff so that is technically infinite hours if you're doing Doma reconstruction!!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm getting the "all sound suddenly stops" bug occasionally, generally while waiting in the queue, and when it happens, my computer's performance begins to seriously degrade until the only option is to hit the reset button. (At least, the only option that doesn't boot me out of the queue.)

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Tabletops posted:

As someone who gets 2002 errors a lot in queue I decided to monitor my packet loss while in queue. I got one 2002 while in queue (after about 45 minutes), and had no packet loss at the time for the lobby server at least recorded on my side and basically no jitter

The packet loss is happening on the far end with the FFXIV login servers and their edge network because they're over-saturated. Unless you're directly pinging the public IP of the edge of their network anything you can monitor for your network is unrelated.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm mostly just still adjusting to drowning in Esprit all the time.

Same. Goin from trying to balance not capping Esprit and having it up during damage dump time, to “whoops I’m at 100 again” is going to take me a while.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

The biggest failings of Endwalker are( general story, not really spoilers) Nero has no lines and we don’t get the Cid/Nero on-screen kiss.

On the other hand, two whole Hoary Boulder voiced scenes.

Boulder fans feastin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I made a grave mistake logging off to do something else for an hour