Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I have thus far more or less refused to interact with lue content; what's actually there that makes a patron of a straight up fascist worth listening to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Slavvy posted:

All this has got me wondering: are we unique/unusual because we wear clothes? Like I wonder if there's a correlation between intelligence and losing your natural environment protection in favour of worn garments, or if it's a quirk of our particular matrix of environment and monkey chassis.
Come to think of it, maybe we are, at least in the extent of stuff we wear. Aside from the high fashion hybrids from some pages ago and the peanuts I can't think of any observed entities described or depicted as wearing anything more extravagant than some sort of bodysuit or robe. Fashionable is our racial trait and we're here to dress up the universe :cool:

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

goochtit posted:

Come to think of it, maybe we are, at least in the extent of stuff we wear. Aside from the high fashion hybrids from some pages ago and the peanuts I can't think of any observed entities described or depicted as wearing anything more extravagant than some sort of bodysuit or robe. Fashionable is our racial trait and we're here to dress up the universe :cool:

The Flatwoods monster could really rock a robe and high collar.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Id always assumed it's a result of evolving over the course of several extreme climate changes, we lost a bunch of our hair when it was hot for a long time, then figured out "mm, deer live in snow, me take deer fur" when it got cold again/we moved to cold places

The aquatic ape theory is enticing too, we learned how good fish were for us and the best swimmers got to have the most kids since they had slightly less hair and got the most fish, fast forward a bit and all the sudden there was way less hair.

e pleased to google and find out the aquatic ape theory is given about as much credence as ancient aliens lol

Inspector Hound has issued a correction as of 03:01 on Dec 12, 2021

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Failson posted:

The Flatwoods monster could really rock a robe and high collar.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

goochtit posted:

just lol if the Galactic Federation doesn't demand RuPaul and John Galliano as Earth's ambassadors

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I don't think the soft version of Aquatic Ape is too crazy implausible ie groups that got comfortable around the sea opened up fishing and shell-fish diving for themselves and did well, reinforcing adaptations that helped with swimming, diving and sailing.

People tend to think of evolution as taking place over millions of years but I always like to point out that things like dairy and alcohol tolerance are from the last few thousand years. There's evidence of folk eating whale and shellfish at least 150,000+ years ago.

Ratios and Tendency has issued a correction as of 03:38 on Dec 12, 2021

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Riot Bimbo posted:

I have thus far more or less refused to interact with lue content; what's actually there that makes a patron of a straight up fascist worth listening to?

absolutely nothing. so far he's made a lot of big claims, and at most gotten some interesting if unrevealing videos released.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Riot Bimbo posted:

well he's one of the two guys responsible for the entire UAP thing breaking into the public with any legitimacy and all the developments over the past few years leading to where we currently are at with the US congress signing a bill into law creating a new office specifically for the purpose of investigating and reporting on UFOs since, again due largely in part to this dude's actions, members of congress and the senate on intelligence committees have been repeatedly briefed with classified information demonstrating that oh poo poo UFOs are real.

also to indirectly answer your question, yes tucker is an insidious fascist but to the vast majority of people who haven't conditioned their brains in leftist echo chambers he's just a dumb reporter with some bad politics who's willing to give a platform to this issue without openly mocking it, and not literally everything he does is in service to some higher evil purpose, he's just a person like everyone else

:tinylue: was involved at a high level at gitmo, was a trained interrogator and thus almost certainly did some waterboarding and the like, and is also in large part the reason that this information regarding a phenomenon which has been around far too long for it all to be a completely made up op has been getting slowly pushed out into the public sphere

the world is not black and white regardless of how easy and enjoyable it is to shitpost like it is

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lue is an evil empire stormtrooper and also he has shared some interesting bird knowledge

then he mostly repeated the same bird knowledge a lot on every news/youtube channel and podcast that would listen

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

similarly, those navy pilots make their living bombing weddings but im glad they went on the record to talk about their UFO encounters

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

i wonder if there's a chinese equivalent of lue

or a cuban one (from cuba lol)

some non demon cracker nation UFO investigators would be nice

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Rah! posted:

lue is an evil empire stormtrooper and also he has shared some interesting bird knowledge

then he mostly repeated the same bird knowledge a lot on every news/youtube channel and podcast that would listen

but why don't good heroic leftists share this knowledge?!?

because there are none outside of internet posers and tiny ineffectual organizations scattered like wind-blown detritus across the land

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Wheeee posted:

but why don't good heroic leftists share this knowledge?!?

because there are none outside of internet posers and tiny ineffectual organizations scattered like wind-blown detritus across the land

good heroic leftists dont have careers in the military or CIA or anything government related or at any of the fancy universities lol bing bong :tinylue:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

only nixon could go to china

only :tinylue: could go to zeta reticuli

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Jazerus posted:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Rah! posted:

i wonder if there's a chinese equivalent of lue

or a cuban one (from cuba lol)

some non demon cracker nation UFO investigators would be nice

when i was looking into the Colares flap that happened in the late 70s in Brazil, I ran across a lot of references to famous Brazilian ufologists who I'd never heard of and who don't seem to see much translation.

i figure that if you're plugged in, there's a chinese ufological subculture what with the internet and all, but i short of being fluent in Mandarin, I dunno how that gap gets bridged for people here in the US

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

viva posadas!

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

what's this guy's reputation in the ufo community
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmaa-PtVCkI
(5:37) "That the historical evidence indicates they've been with us a long time, and I've concluded that we've had what I'd like to call an intimate interrelationship with at least one of those groups, the group that looks exactly like we do. And that point is I don't like the word "alien". I don't think the term alien is appropriate at all here. I like to refer to them as family. We're related to them. I think they had a hand in our being here. And I think the time has come where we're about to meet our extended family. It's gonna be very soon."

Also, I feel like NATO's top security clearance being called "COSMIC TOP SECRET" is something I should have learned sooner somewhere, somehow

chairface posted:

viva posadas!
:hmmyes:

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

goochtit posted:

(5:37) "That the historical evidence indicates they've been with us a long time, and I've concluded that we've had what I'd like to call an intimate interrelationship with at least one of those groups, the group that looks exactly like we do. And that point is I don't like the word "alien". I don't think the term alien is appropriate at all here. I like to refer to them as family. We're related to them. I think they had a hand in our being here. And I think the time has come where we're about to meet our extended family. It's gonna be very soon."

hmm being a mature aged man with a pony tail isn't a good first impression

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Riot Bimbo posted:

he's charismatic and says all the right words to generate intrigue, like a perfectly grown avatar for the current state of UAP discourse. in addition to everything posted above I think that's it. when you watch and listen to Lue you really feel like he's letting you in on a little secret, a little bit of the truth. he'll never give you more than that, and that's the appeal. in other words

Jazerus posted:

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

ihigh as poo poo and i dont understand any of this

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

toggle posted:

hmm being a mature aged man with a pony tail isn't a good first impression

what's a family gathering without a mature aged man with a ponytail

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

:tinylue: is like if they took Carl Sagan or Brian cox and told em to just talk about aitee for as long as they want. that's his role and that's why he's fascinating and, even if you recognize what he is (and I think all of us in this thread do) - he's a great storyteller with a personal hook. If storytelling is a big part of what makes humanity great then of course the powers that be are going to find the best bard they can manufacture to pass it along to us.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

goochtit posted:

Also, I feel like NATO's top security clearance being called "COSMIC TOP SECRET" is something I should have learned sooner somewhere, somehow

:hmmyes:

That's the poo poo right there

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

goochtit posted:

I kind of love this idea. Maybe they're just watching and waiting to see how our fashion evolves.

Or maybe they're already here. Do you *really* think the armadillo boot was designed for a human foot?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I have 0 doubt lue is a grifter, but it's an easy position to hold because if I'm right I'm right and if I'm wrong alien disclosure uap discourse etc wrx

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

If I knew aliens were real you can believe I'd be getting at least a book deal out of it

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

goochtit posted:

The term “Cosmic Top Secret” has caused a degree of confusion, especially among UFO enthusiasts. The confusion stems from a number of statements made by a retired United States Army Sergeant Major named Robert O. Dean.

The Chad Jihad posted:

I have 0 doubt lue is a grifter, but it's an easy position to hold because if I'm right I'm right and if I'm wrong alien disclosure uap discourse etc wrx

He's almost certainly an op, but he is not a grifter; that's about the most asinine possible interpretation as to what he is if you've been paying even the slightest attention, thinking that someone with his career and connections needs to collect tiny paycheques from History Channel appearances and some day years after he entered the public realm sell some copies of a book that doesn't even yet exist.

people like lue can make a lot more money for a lot less effort than full-time ufo grifting don't be dumb lol

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

my bony fealty posted:

he's charismatic and says all the right words to generate intrigue, like a perfectly grown avatar for the current state of UAP discourse. in addition to everything posted above I think that's it. when you watch and listen to Lue you really feel like he's letting you in on a little secret, a little bit of the truth. he'll never give you more than that, and that's the appeal. in other words

I take Lue at face value in that I believe he really is a patriot (in our grandfather's sense of the word) who would never ever break his oaths of silence under any circumstances, a true believer in the post-war American ideal. It's not that he's only giving us a little bit of the truth to keep us hooked on purpose, I really think he is giving us as much as he can and still feel true to his duty and oaths to keep the secrets he swore to uphold. I think the whole "only Nixon could go to China" thing is a great analogy. Anybody else would have just leaked the classified videos and been immediately put in the same bucket as anybody else who is supposedly disclosing classified government secrets and met with a solid wall of denial. Instead, Lue did everything by the book in getting those videos declassified then resigning in protest with enough evidence for the New York Times to take him seriously and in a position where people like Harry Reid could actually publicly back him. It took somebody like Lue to break this whole thing open

my bony fealty posted:

:tinylue: is like if they took Carl Sagan or Brian cox and told em to just talk about aitee for as long as they want. that's his role and that's why he's fascinating and, even if you recognize what he is (and I think all of us in this thread do) - he's a great storyteller with a personal hook. If storytelling is a big part of what makes humanity great then of course the powers that be are going to find the best bard they can manufacture to pass it along to us.

I think there is an op, but it's not an op born from a government in lockstep who sent him on a mission. It seems pretty obvious to me there are at least two factions with opposite opinions about disclosure. I don't think Lue was chosen as an agent of disclosure by the faction in favor of doing so and sent out with marching orders, he strikes me much more as one of the main people behind it, not just taking orders but originating and planning this out. In fact, if anything this was not a government sanctioned op but a Lue Coup, and it's resulted in him dragging those opposed kicking and screaming into the current paradigm.

The Chad Jihad posted:

You are very wrong, but Wheeee already said it best:

Wheeee posted:

He's almost certainly an op, but he is not a grifter; that's about the most asinine possible interpretation as to what he is if you've been paying even the slightest attention, thinking that someone with his career and connections needs to collect tiny paycheques from History Channel appearances and some day years after he entered the public realm sell some copies of a book that doesn't even yet exist.

people like lue can make a lot more money for a lot less effort than full-time ufo grifting don't be dumb lol

The same thing applies even moreso to Christopher Mellon!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

D-Pad posted:

I take Lue at face value in that I believe he really is a patriot (in our grandfather's sense of the word) who would never ever break his oaths of silence under any circumstances, a true believer in the post-war American ideal. It's not that he's only giving us a little bit of the truth to keep us hooked on purpose, I really think he is giving us as much as he can and still feel true to his duty and oaths to keep the secrets he swore to uphold. I think the whole "only Nixon could go to China" thing is a great analogy. Anybody else would have just leaked the classified videos and been immediately put in the same bucket as anybody else who is supposedly disclosing classified government secrets and met with a solid wall of denial. Instead, Lue did everything by the book in getting those videos declassified then resigning in protest with enough evidence for the New York Times to take him seriously and in a position where people like Harry Reid could actually publicly back him. It took somebody like Lue to break this whole thing open

I think there is an op, but it's not an op born from a government in lockstep who sent him on a mission. It seems pretty obvious to me there are at least two factions with opposite opinions about disclosure. I don't think Lue was chosen as an agent of disclosure by the faction in favor of doing so and sent out with marching orders, he strikes me much more as one of the main people behind it, not just taking orders but originating and planning this out. In fact, if anything this was not a government sanctioned op but a Lue Coup, and it's resulted in him dragging those opposed kicking and screaming into the current paradigm.

You are very wrong, but Wheeee already said it best:

The same thing applies even moreso to Christopher Mellon!

thanks, this was a good read

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Lue's father was a Cuban exile who signed up to go fight in the bay of pigs, guy was raised in a traditional old school household in what was ingrained into him was an adoptive nation that had embraced his family in the aftermath of a devastating revolution in his homeland. No poo poo he turned out a true believer patriot, and as mentioned, he's the kind of person who actually gets trusted with the most insanely secret and important information within organizations.

Reddit is full of the sort of dipshits who swear if they ever had this sort of information they'd totally leak it all out drat the consequences, and that attitude is precisely why they are and will always be nobody worker drones who aren't trusted with anything important.

Wheeee has issued a correction as of 08:08 on Dec 12, 2021

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Slider posted:

ihigh as poo poo and i dont understand any of this

Welcome, you're in the perfect state for this thread lol

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
https://i.imgur.com/UBV6sUs.mp4

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
*knowledgeably* the egyptian priest was trying to explain to solon that prior advanced civilizations had retreated to the bottom of the ocean to avoid solar fluctuations, leaving only the rude people of the mountains to repopulate the surface of the earth, and now that we're loving the ocean up for them with underwater nuclear tests and acidification, they're getting annoyed

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Rah! posted:

u think its a beam of radiation but its concentrated fight song getting zapped into ur brain

this is high terrorism

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

this is praxis

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol