Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I definitely agree with you there.

Plus they made the absolute best explanation of Emotion Coins currently available, without even using words aside 'roland'

That's talent, right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Yeah, I have no clue how I would've gotten through some of the later fights without the info from the emotion coins video. I still think my favorite is the Boundary of Death video, if only due to some of the librarians having some issues with probability and Hokma getting that beautiful 100 pale damage off.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
It has been very hard to navigate this thread while still trying to stay relatively Ruina blind for the LP thread but I just wanted to share this about the Limbus Company website

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Took down Tiph's Realization on the first go! It was honestly surprisingly easy compared with the earlier fights but I guess that's partially due to the heavier emphasis on puzzle mechanics.

Now, time to figure out how the heck I'm going to use Tiphxodia...

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Worst comes to worst you can always use it to clown on Oswald and his clowns at the end of the game.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Do abnormalities automatically breach if there's combat nearby or something? I keep having them randomly breach even if nothing in their containment instructions says they're supposed to, which is making getting the Midnight ordeal really difficult. You might be like "well maybe one of your guys went crazy and let them out" and, I mean, that area was sealed off to the Rabbits, so it really shouldn't have happened.

As for which abnormality broke out, it was either Punishing Bird or Judgment Bird, not sure which. I didn't do any works or anything. Just in the middle of trying to handle an ordeal and whoops "There was once three birds in the forest..." which I REALLY didn't need. I think I'm going to have to reset to Day 1 again.

Gebura why are you doing this to me :argh:

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
Punishing Bird's QC has a chance to decrease whenever another Abnormality is worked, Big Bird 's QC decreases whenever 5 employees die (including clerks) and automatically hits zero at second trumpet, and if any two of the birds are loose the third will automatically escape as well. There's also a few Abnormalities and Ordeals that can lower other nearby counters, like the red dawns.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Yeah, I just wasn't working with any abnormalities. I expected Big Bird to escape but I don't know why one of the other two did, which of course triggered the third. It was The God Delusion ordeal, can that one cause stuff to escape?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Not in and of itself… I think Pbird might also have its QC lower when someone panics? I don’t have any confirmation on that, but if you had a lot of guys panic it may have left to try and “help” and triggered the Thing.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Yeah the panic thing always lowers punishing's counter, so it was probably that. Long bird doesn't have any counter manipulation outside of work results, so hes usually always breached by the other two escaping.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Verant posted:

Took down Tiph's Realization on the first go! It was honestly surprisingly easy compared with the earlier fights but I guess that's partially due to the heavier emphasis on puzzle mechanics.

Now, time to figure out how the heck I'm going to use Tiphxodia...

Imo use it with energy shields and ready up! so yu can lose lots of clashes without taking too much damage

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Any tips for Star of the City in LoR? Just unlocked it and feeling a bit overwhelmed with the number of dice and cards being thrown at me.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

DropTheAnvil posted:

Any tips for Star of the City in LoR? Just unlocked it and feeling a bit overwhelmed with the number of dice and cards being thrown at me.

Use mass attacks. In 5v5s landing a mass attack is often an instant win, and early star of the city has a lot of 5v5s. Once you have some star of the city cards yourself it gets more even, although there are still of course hard fights. Don't forget to use star of the city cards to get general receptions, especially since from the second tier onwards they'll unlock a whole new set of general receptions.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

DropTheAnvil posted:

The Thumb are the first fight on the left hand side. By beating them, you unlock both their pages and one of the most broken methods of cheesing fights in the game. By placing all three of the Full Stop Office passives onto a ranged card - A Thumb Soldato being th easiest to obtain - and loading it up with 1 or 2 cost 3-hit ranged attacks, you can deal about 300 damage in a single turn.

Use this method to cheese your way through the second fight in the second lane and congratulations you have won the game for what should be obvious reasons. Yes, that page is exactly as strong as it's been hyped up to be. To win even harder, beat the second fight on the last lane and append XXX's Prowess to it.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

GilliamYaeger posted:

The Thumb are the first fight on the left hand side. By beating them, you unlock both their pages and one of the most broken methods of cheesing fights in the game. By placing all three of the Full Stop Office passives onto a ranged card - A Thumb Soldato being th easiest to obtain - and loading it up with 1 or 2 cost 3-hit ranged attacks, you can deal about 300 damage in a single turn.

Use this method to cheese your way through the second fight in the second lane and congratulations you have won the game for what should be obvious reasons. Yes, that page is exactly as strong as it's been hyped up to be. To win even harder, beat the second fight on the last lane and append XXX's Prowess to it.

Thakns for the tips, managed to beat The Thumb with a single-die deck on Malkuth and some defenders.

I can see how using the Thumb passives with Full-stop gives me +9 on offensive die for the first turn, just wondering how it turns into 300 damage? I get a great first turn with my characters, using cheap 3 die cards, but can't seem to capitalize on it.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

DropTheAnvil posted:

Thakns for the tips, managed to beat The Thumb with a single-die deck on Malkuth and some defenders.

I can see how using the Thumb passives with Full-stop gives me +9 on offensive die for the first turn, just wondering how it turns into 300 damage? I get a great first turn with my characters, using cheap 3 die cards, but can't seem to capitalize on it.
You'll pretty much immediately stagger the boss then get a whole bunch of powerful hits in while they're staggered. Your deck should be three copies of Indiscriminate Shots, I Hate CQC and Take the Shot, which lets you attack before the enemy has a chance to move. In addition this firing squad should be a cleanup crew rather than your first line of defence - send in Yesod's floor to soften the boss up then blast away what's left of their health after Yesod goes down. In addition this crew can basically wipe out most mooks on the first turn - against the second fight of the rightmost lane I managed to stagger everyone and kill three targets on the first turn of each wave.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
There's also Allen and the Night Awls from the SotC general reception and their +2 pierce power -2 other damage type. Add Wedge's +1 pierce power and Liu Association's Fervor and you got an almost unbeatable +4 pierce power.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Your Everyday NEET posted:

There's also Allen and the Night Awls from the SotC general reception and their +2 pierce power -2 other damage type. Add Wedge's +1 pierce power and Liu Association's Fervor and you got an almost unbeatable +4 pierce power.
Oh yes, don't forget to do your General Receptions. Bamboo Hat Kim from the previous tier as well as Allen, Irina, Yae and Bayard from this tier are all incredibly good pages who will be mainstays of your team for the rest of the game. The Udjat are also incredibly valuable as red coin generators since they're so incredibly durable - give them cards like Opportunity Spotted and you can get powerful Abnormality pages like Gebura's Mountain of Corpses pretty easily.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.

GilliamYaeger posted:

The Udjat are also incredibly valuable as red coin generators since they're so incredibly durable - give them cards like Opportunity Spotted and you can get powerful Abnormality pages like Gebura's Mountain of Corpses pretty easily.

So that's the trick to it! I still haven't gotten that page, ||even during the Realization which made the last phase a slog||, in part due to the floor having my heavy-hitters who tend to win more clashes than lose.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
A fun strat for the Udjat is to put all of them on Hod's floor, and then give Hod Glitter so most enemies prioritize her. This usually results in her getting hit the most, and then getting a ton of protection from all the Udjat passives triggering at once. Add in a few other sources of protection like The Udjat and she'll become incredibly tanky.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
udjat tribal floors in general are lowkey disgusting, they just don't get a lot of hype because they came out after early access players were done with the game. the basic deck lacks win conditions, but they're basically unstoppable when combined with almost any of the floor gimmicks available that provide them for you.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I am basically at endgame - still need to wrap up the Hokma Balls realization and do a spot of farming, but after that? time for whatever the hell this last bit is

hana association was waaaaaay easier than the star of the city boss fights - i was terrified of redoing xiao and, to a much lesser degree, yan

i mean, i'm still going to redo them anyway, not least because i don't have xiao's goddamn keypage, but it'll be slightly less unpleasant with the hana bits

GilliamYaeger posted:

Oh yes, don't forget to do your General Receptions. Bamboo Hat Kim from the previous tier as well as Allen, Irina, Yae and Bayard from this tier are all incredibly good pages who will be mainstays of your team for the rest of the game. The Udjat are also incredibly valuable as red coin generators since they're so incredibly durable - give them cards like Opportunity Spotted and you can get powerful Abnormality pages like Gebura's Mountain of Corpses pretty easily.

good ol bamboo hat will continue to be important until late Star Of The City

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Getting those post-sotc cards basically changes your entire deck structure, yeah. brace up is basically the perfect engine for almost every single deck archetype outside of like, clone gashes. hana association truly is different

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Just took care of Gebura's core suppression, largely through sending a bunch of ranged dudes with Aleph ego armors at her and every time she looked like she was gonna pop an attack, having them quickly exit through the nearest door. Feels kind of ridiculous for The famed Red Mist to be defeated by the very simple invention of "a door" but I couldn't really find any other way to beat it.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Tiny Myers posted:

Just took care of Gebura's core suppression, largely through sending a bunch of ranged dudes with Aleph ego armors at her and every time she looked like she was gonna pop an attack, having them quickly exit through the nearest door. Feels kind of ridiculous for The famed Red Mist to be defeated by the very simple invention of "a door" but I couldn't really find any other way to beat it.

A fun cheese strat for that is to use the Shelter from the 27th of March.

Just throw one scrub into each department, have someone hop in the Shelter, and sit there forever. It'll keep breaching abnos, and they'll attack Red Mist just as readily as your agents. It'll take a while, but you can take her down with no (meaningful) losses.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

BisbyWorl posted:

A fun cheese strat for that is to use the Shelter from the 27th of March.

Just throw one scrub into each department, have someone hop in the Shelter, and sit there forever. It'll keep breaching abnos, and they'll attack Red Mist just as readily as your agents. It'll take a while, but you can take her down with no (meaningful) losses.

Note that depending on your facility composition, the only abnos guaranteed to actually hurt Geb are those with facility-wide attacks, and only Waws and Alephs will do any real damage. In my case pretty much all damage was done by Blue Star while Nothing There, Censored and Mountain were having themselves a thunderdome and never got anywhere near Red Mist.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 15, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really want to find more about limbus, but for now we get In Hell We Live Lament full version. :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfTWgMgknpY

I'm still torn on if the engrish lyrics mili songs have are good or bad, but the sounds is always great. :v:

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Dec 20, 2021

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Just got to the love town bit in LoR and it’s the most effective horror I’ve seen in a game in a while

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Acerbatus posted:

I really want to find more about limbus, but for now we get In Hell We Live Lament full version. :toot:

I'm still torn on if the engrish lyrics mili songs have are good or bad, but the sounds is always great. :v:

They're good, and I refuse to acknowledge that's entirely subjective. :colbert: Or that my favorite song of theirs, Sloth, is one of the least Engrishy they've done.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Without Mili Engrish, there would be nobody to butter our eyes.

Thus I am forced to conclude it is a net good

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Acerbatus posted:

The only thing that gets me is it feels like the last line should be "writing in this hell", because there is no way someone can fit "reviving each other in this hell" into the space provided.

Regardless, I've had this on repeat for a good 7 hours now. Forget the Pianist, Mili and Myth x Roid might as well be a Star of the City with how firmly this song has been lodged into my brain.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Verant posted:

The only thing that gets me is it feels like the last line should be "writing in this hell", because there is no way someone can fit "reviving each other in this hell" into the space provided.

Regardless, I've had this on repeat for a good 7 hours now. Forget the Pianist, Mili and Myth x Roid might as well be a Star of the City with how firmly this song has been lodged into my brain.
What you're hearing is actually "We built for ourselves, other in this hell." Mili's softer "Reviving each" that "other in this hell" completes is a little drowned out by MYTH&ROID's KIHOW singing "we built for ourselves", you have to really know you're looking for it to hear it.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Made it to Star of the City and just got my butt handed to me in the far right route. Time to reassess my decks.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Boy Star of the City Yan and Xiao are kind of motherfuckers, aren't they.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

DTaeKim posted:

Made it to Star of the City and just got my butt handed to me in the far right route. Time to reassess my decks.

Unfortunately I think the far right route is the easiest one. It's uphill from there.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

K Prime posted:

Boy Star of the City Yan and Xiao are kind of motherfuckers, aren't they.

yeah they are easily the hardest fights i've had so far, although i haven't done the endgame yet

DrManiac posted:

Just got to the love town bit in LoR and it’s the most effective horror I’ve seen in a game in a while

:sickos:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

DTaeKim posted:

At this point in the game you should have a team made up of Bamboo Hat Kim with Sayo attributed running a pure slash deck, Faint Memories Yujin, and three Singleton Emmas with Puppets attributed running pure blunt decks. Add Sweeper attributions to taste. You should be able to crush every fight in the first tier with this setup - I'd recommend taking out the first two fights on the far right to upgrade Yujin to a Rapid Gashes build, the first fight on the far left to grab Thumb pages (four copies of the basic mook from the first round will work just fine) and slap all the Full Stop Office passives on them to make an exceptionally powerful firing squad that'll seriously help you cheese boss fights, then try to clear the first two fights of the middle left line to get THE BEST KEYPAGE IN THE ENTIRE GAME BAR NONE.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Dec 21, 2021

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I hope the LP of LoR shows off the "new player" experience of picking the full stop office as your first opponent on that tier.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

A jargogle posted:

I hope the LP of LoR shows off the "new player" experience of picking the full stop office as your first opponent on that tier.

I’m not even 100% sure I’ll have an easy go of it knowing full well what I’m getting into, tbh. Full stop is rude. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Regarding the LP. Gaze agenda is easy to guess since Gaze office exists. What does human does human things and drawtech means?

Human can possibly means Dawn Office since Philip works there and the other guest ISN'T human. But I don't think the other guest have any draw related card. I remembered my first draw card is Salvador's Flash of Sunup