Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
when i used my fantasia i guess i had from something to turn into a cat girl, i didn't know i'd lose my favorite pose au ra pose :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

KoB posted:

On the other hand, two whole Hoary Boulder voiced scenes.

Boulder fans feastin.

But his husband is still unvoiced, so are we really?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

adhuin posted:

Me with Paladin changes: Literally nothing changed for my rotation.

One of the OGCD:s is now aoe, instead of a single-target and sheltron gained tldr.
I can't wait for lvl 90, when I can press Confiteor SwordsSwordsSwords-button 4 times in row instead of once.

lol, come back when your muscle memory means that you overwrite the new blade of valor DOT with the normal goring blade one.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pryce posted:

I know they've said Endwalker is not the end for 14, but I almost wish it was. Then they could start working on FF17 :D

If they're planning to make another FF MMO, then they're almost certainly already working on it. FF14 is older than 11 was when 14 was first released.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mordiceius posted:

The biggest failings of Endwalker are( general story, not really spoilers) Nero has no lines and we don’t get the Cid/Nero on-screen kiss.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

The biggest failings of Endwalker are( general story, not really spoilers) Nero has no lines and we don’t get the Cid/Nero on-screen kiss.

He doesn't have any voiced lines but you can talk to him a couple times during certain quests.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

wizardofloneliness posted:

He doesn't have any voiced lines but you can talk to him a couple times during certain quests.

Not enough. I expect him to somehow be a part of one of the raid questlines in compensation.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I am curious to learn more about the alliance raids now that we got more of a hint about Pandaemonium. Presumably there's also going to be a Four Lords/Werlyt equivalent too but I'm not sure if they've talked about that at all yet.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am curious to learn more about the alliance raids now that we got more of a hint about Pandaemonium. Presumably there's also going to be a Four Lords/Werlyt equivalent too but I'm not sure if they've talked about that at all yet.

I wonder if this time they'll use the three trials as part of the new story instead of sidequesting them off.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder if this time they'll use the three trials as part of the new story instead of sidequesting them off.

I wouldn't mind that at all. I'm sure I'm far from alone in the player base in that I find trials pretty daunting, but before this game I found dungeons pretty daunting too, and having them be story requirements made me play them and get more comfortable with them. If they have a cool story they want to tell that doesn't fit with the MSQ and they want to leave it as side content, that's okay, but if integrating it into the MSQ allows them to more fully flesh out where the future of the franchise is going, I'd be happy to see that. Like we already got the big climactic finale here that they usually save for x.3, so unless the next couple years are just going to be ho hum content (aside from raids), having more space to build it up sounds good to me.

Kind of related to that, is anyone planning on actually quitting the game now that the core story is over? I'm sure a lot of people have a 'wait and see' attitude to it, but does anyone actually feel like yeah that was a satisfying capstone to my experience with this game and I think that's a good time to check out? I'm not, but I could understand the impulse.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 12, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bozja, you love to see it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sinteres posted:

Kind of related to that, is anyone planning on actually quitting the game now that the core story is over? I'm sure a lot of people have a 'wait and see' attitude to it, but does anyone actually feel like yeah that was a satisfying capstone to my experience with this game and I think that's a good time to check out? I'm not, but I could understand the impulse.

I still got savages to raid

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Mordiceius posted:

i think they are saving this for the 8 man raid series

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sinteres posted:

I wouldn't mind that at all. I'm sure I'm far from alone in the player base in that I find trials pretty daunting, but before this game I found dungeons pretty daunting too, and having them be story requirements made me play them and get more comfortable with them. If they have a cool story they want to tell that doesn't fit with the MSQ and they want to leave it as side content, that's okay, but if integrating it into the MSQ allows them to more fully flesh out where the future of the franchise is going, I'd be happy to see that. Like we already got the big climactic finale here that they usually save for x.3, so unless the next couple years are just going to be ho hum content (aside from raids), having more space to build it up sounds good to me.

Absolutely not. There's still so much of this world I wanna see!!!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Sinteres posted:

I think I might simply because I'll focus all my attention on it then complain that I don't have time to do anything :v:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Sinteres posted:

I think it's a hell of an ending and I can't wait to see where things go from here. There's a lot more of the world/universe to cover

isk fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 12, 2021

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Mad Wack posted:

i think they are saving this for the 8 man raid series

On the one hand, I think it's unlikely those two characters will play much of a role in the 8-man raids considering it seems like they're going to be based in Elpis. On the other hand, why the gently caress not?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I took this several days ago but have only finally gotten around to catching up with the new thread. I heard we were posting shots of the moment? (Endgame spoilers below)

I love how blatant it is that it's the new Screenshot Moment.

Also if you haven't, you all should look into setting up a rotating desktop wallpaper from all the screenshots you've taken from across the game. It's a nice surprise occasionally looking over and seeing a screenshot from like 5 years ago that you'd completely forgotten about.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Honestly, I was quite shocked how both of them have practically zero presence in the MSQ.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Post-MSQ

Smileton is hands down my favorite duty in 6.0. I love the design, ambiance, and the bosses.

They really didn't skimp on boss mechanics this time out, did they? I've done every trial/dungeon at least twice and out of all of them, there's only one mechanic I call bullshit on because I can never catch the tell.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Finally managed to beat the MSQ.

Slightly disappointed that there wasn’t even the chance to at least try to tell Zenos to gently caress off after the final boss.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Mordiceius posted:

Honestly, I was quite shocked how both of them have practically zero presence in the MSQ.

It's weird that they have absolutely zero presence in Garlamald. Especially Cid with the airships

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm not going to stop playing FF14 but if 6.1 came out and was total garbage, like offensively bad, I wouldn't feel too bad about pretending Endwalker is the end of it.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

You could always just park yourself on the island sanctuary and pretend this is the WoL's life now.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

You could always just park yourself on the island sanctuary and pretend this is the WoL's life now.

I hope it's legit just a retirement community for ex-adventurers.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Beat game. Game good
(post ew ending spoiler)
what happened to Zenos? Pls don’t leave him out there. I know he’s evil but my brain is broken and I want him back.

biceps crimes fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Dec 12, 2021

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

gay_crimes posted:

Beat game. Game good
(post game spoiler)
what happened to Zenos? Pls don’t leave him out there. I know he’s evil but my brain is broken and I want him back.

Ending spoiler He died. You killed him. His last sentence stopping partway in was the moment of his death.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Ending spoiler He died. You killed him. His last sentence stopping partway in was the moment of his death.

i can’t accept this!!!

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

gay_crimes posted:

i can’t accept this!!!

There is a possibility left open that maybe he just collapsed. Or maybe he died. Maybe we'll see him again. Maybe we won't. One way or another, I don't expect to see him again any time soon.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

This is my first time actually worrying about pentamelded crafter gear. Is there an obvious stat to prioritize, or is it such a mess of conditionals that if I value my sanity "whatever big materia you've got that don't overflow" is the way to go?

I know that I can do X/VIII until the first overmeld (so for example if there's two slots I can put three in there) and then IX for the rest.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Regalingualius posted:

Finally managed to beat the MSQ.

Slightly disappointed that there wasn’t even the chance to at least try to tell Zenos to gently caress off after the final boss.

You can, (MSQ ending)saying "well I'm just going to kill you" is telling him to gently caress off. Even if you don't accept his description of the WoL, it still makes sense to get rid of him once and for all. You know he's not going to stop hurting people.

There's even a difference in his dialog, he says "Acceptance, finally!" and looks genuinely happy if you say he might be right about you.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Sinteres posted:

Emet handed me a list of what they plan, in part, to do for the next ten years of content, gently caress no I'm not gonna check out any time soon.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Gearhead posted:

There is a possibility left open that maybe he just collapsed. Or maybe he died. Maybe we'll see him again. Maybe we won't. One way or another, I don't expect to see him again any time soon.

Further ending spoiler: It's not like dying stopped him last time.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Bruceski posted:

This is my first time actually worrying about pentamelded crafter gear. Is there an obvious stat to prioritize, or is it such a mess of conditionals that if I value my sanity "whatever big materia you've got that don't overflow" is the way to go?

I know that I can do X/VIII until the first overmeld (so for example if there's two slots I can put three in there) and then IX for the rest.

The Balance has recommendations: https://guides.ffxivteamcraft.com/guide/crafting-melding-guide

In short, all of the stats are good. CP is essential for being able to hit rotations, but you need the control/craftsmanship to actually make those rotations work. I am personally holding off on actually pentamelding until the crafted raid gear comes out in a few weeks and we know what thresholds we need to hit to be able to craft the 90* gear. I’m melding up to the “safety” set in that guide and then stockpiling my crafting materia so I can meld up as quickly as is reasonable when we know more.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Bruceski posted:

General heuristic of most online guides: max CP, enough craftsmanship to meet min requirements for all recipes and then max control.

My general melds: max CP, favor control but max the raw stats of each slot instead of control above all else.

Basically play around with it on the gear calculator. By maximizing stats I mean if something like 20craft/20control is possible I would do it over 12craft/22control which is the sort of stuff most guides would go for.

Note that each stat has their own weight/materia tier

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Is there a melding guide out for combat classes, particularly reaper?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Begemot posted:

You can, (MSQ ending)saying "well I'm just going to kill you" is telling him to gently caress off. Even if you don't accept his description of the WoL, it still makes sense to get rid of him once and for all. You know he's not going to stop hurting people.

There's even a difference in his dialog, he says "Acceptance, finally!" and looks genuinely happy if you say he might be right about you.

I was meaning more in the sense of trying to just up and leave him without fighting while trying to tell him to get a loving hobby that isn’t you

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Eimi posted:

The Balance is the most popular source for optimization information: https://discord.gg/thebalanceffxiv

A word of caution, though: we’re very early into the patch cycle and you’re going to immediately replace everything on your left side with normal raid and/or crafted gear. What I personally am doing is throwing my leftover 8s into whatever slots they fit in the usual crit > dh > det priority order and waiting for further instructions once the raid tier shows up.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Sinteres posted:

I'm generally of the opinion that tab targeting/gcd based mmo combat is pretty well tired and done for me, and because the game is restricted to 2d, that puts a hard limit on what they can do with the 'don't stand in the fire mechanics' when coupled with the general inflexibility of the engine as a whole to do other interesting interactive bits.

Which is a long nerdy way of saying while I adore FFXIV, the world, the story, the music, the callbacks, the characters, I'm entirely satisfied with what they built from 2.0 to 6.0, so if 6.1+ to 7 shows a route I'm not engaged with, I could see potentially checking out.

The gameplay is absolutely not what keeps me playing. Every dungeon in the game is 'gather trash, aoe' and then some mix of don't stand in the fire (or do, because it barely matters in non ex/savage content in many cases) and push buttons in something approximating a rotation (or just push buttons, because again, barely matters in most content).

I am *extremely* excited for FF16 and potentially FF17. I could see them going down some kind of pseudo-MP monster-hunter style multiplayer, rather than a pure MMO in the future, and I would be 110% onboard with that kind of action. Modern gameplay, modern graphics, mixed with all the other strengths they've built as a team in the years since 14 2.0 and 15's mess, with some elements of multiplayer but without the monstrous logistical and technical burden that creating an MMO causes (though that said if they announce a new one I'm totally down with that too :v:)

Really I think the franchise was in a messy state for a decade+, so I'm pretty excited to see what they can do with firmer footing and a stronger hand at the helm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Eimi posted:

Crit is the god stat for pretty much everyone. If you can't fit any more crit on something, do det or DH instead (they seem to be roughly equal). Always Be Capping Crit.