Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

it's so predictable and lame at this point, lol

I can both be venting in one thread while still honest posting here. Like I said before, the "nobody has died from new variant" this thread let slide, but when I posted (actually, we don't know that at all, here's a rounding error of up to a thousand), that got a lot of pushback.Has the other thread been more doom than here? Sure. But a year plus ago, I was saying at least a million would die from this in the US, and so were many others. (Actually, my guess was a half a million in like June of 2020?, and I was for sure scolded for that doom prediction). We had mods literally giving people probs back in August here because people were brainstorming how to get boosters.

It was also this thread (or a prior version of it) that has downplayed kids getting covid, how bad it could be, and all that. Well about that...

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1469755234935353346?s=20

My point is, things can both look better about covid than a year ago, and Pretending it's all good "lets back to normal" is a privileged, lovely take because society rewards narcissistic and selfish behavior. Do whatever the hell you want, because like I already said, we've only got 10-30 years left of being able to pretend before things get "bad" regardless of covid, but don't kid yourself that plenty of people didn't know what was coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

LionArcher posted:

I can both be venting in one thread while still honest posting here.

Allow me to ask an equally honest question, then: why do y'all continue to post in a forum (or thread) that is clearly causing you a lot of frustration, to the extent that you call it "the bad thread" and need to "vent" about it in some other thread? Especially since that other thread apparently provides you with all the information and confirmation and validation you seem to be looking for.

It's basically like hate-watching a TV show and complaining about it, isn't it? I mean obviously everyone is welcome to do that, just like they are welcome to post here. I just find it a little bewildering, that's all.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

LionArcher posted:

1,000 excess deaths in South Africa, but you’re right, it’s not confirmed, so I guess this is a massive dunk on me, and me being super cynical.

I’m well aware technically we’re better off than a year ago because we understand the virus better, have better medicine to fight it and all that. I also understand things in fact are not good, and Biden, who I happily voted for, is doing a poo poo job on a number of fronts, including messaging about masks, student loans, and so on.

Do I think it’s hopeless, of course not. In 2-5 years, things will be at a “new”normal.

By that I mean computer touches and upper class will (and are) go back to life as usual. Then fascists will fully take over the government in 2 to 6 years, and the computer toucher “liberals” will write a lot more social media posts, go to more marches, and do nothing as marginalized people are in prison and at even greater numbers, and or killed.

I would love to be wrong and a year from now have it be truly great COVID wise, and the fascists don’t take over as we fall into a lovely dictatorship run by bug poo poo crazy Christians.

Either way though, it won’t matter because climate change rolls up even harder on everyone by 2030-2035, but by then saying I told you so will be a big LMAO. Hell, it already is.

Personally, I’ll be fine though. I’m a computer toucher, and very good at adapting. I just don’t kid myself on how things are going, or where according to the data we do have, and the history of basically the human race, where we’re most likely headed.

Ah, a computer toucher fighting fascism exclusively by posting on social media about how other computer touchers' sole contribution to fighting fascism will be posting on social media. Turn your loving monitor on already!

I'm sorry, I know you feel like you're not in control of the world around you, but posting on the internet is not going to combat COVID or fascism or anything else in any meaningful way. And posting on the internet about how other people are useless fools who do nothing but post on the internet is real loving rich. Take your head out of the self-pity hole and do something else with your life.

Main Paineframe fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Dec 12, 2021

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Allow me to ask an equally honest question, then: why do y'all continue to post in a forum (or thread) that is clearly causing you a lot of frustration, to the extent that you call it "the bad thread" and need to "vent" about it in some other thread? Especially since that other thread apparently provides you with all the information and confirmation and validation you seem to be looking for.

It's basically like hate-watching a TV show and complaining about it, isn't it? I mean obviously everyone is welcome to do that, just like they are welcome to post here. I just find it a little bewildering, that's all.

Easy answer. Because There's a segment of the population that are lost. Majority even. Don't want to think about Covid, ext. Then there's a sub set of people who do care "let's say this thread" but then come up with the same drat solutions/this isn't a big deal we're super smart and will spread bad info at times." One group is easy to just right off. but it's more like, if you're posting in here, know a little better?

None of it really matters of course. Nothing any of us do will stop the worst things from happening. Like, by ever metric through human history, I've already lived a blessed life, and I haven't even started yet. Not really. (career's just taking off, I still going to find a better fitting partner, and so on).

I will (unless something random and tragic happens) get to watch the end of all of this in real time, and that's fascinating if nothing else.

I just dislike people pretending that life as it has been for the last 100 years is going to return to normal. it can't, shouldn't', and won't.

The death rattle of all of this will last longer than climate realists think I think. I'm guessing another 20 years of us pretending any of the system we live in actually works, but I also know I'm being optimistic here.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Perhaps...... it was humans that were the virus

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

Ah, a computer toucher fighting fascism exclusively by posting on social media about how other computer touchers' sole contribution to fighting fascism will be posting on social media. Turn your loving monitor on already!

I'm sorry, I know you feel like you're not in control of the world around you, but posting on the internet is not going to combat COVID or fascism or anything else in any meaningful way. And posting on the internet about how other people are useless fools who do nothing but post on the internet is real loving rich. Take your head out of the self-pity hole and do something else with your life.

I don't think there's a way of actually fighting this fascism at a system wide effective level at this point. As someone else said, "I'm pretty sure that capitalism is the great filter" and so far, that theory seems to be correct. On a personal level, my job alone helps fight cancer, I don't know what your job does, and it doesn't matter. I do plenty of other stuff that helps friends, family, and my larger community. I'm not feeling self pity, but you telling me what to do is I believe against the rules. I haven't targeted anyone in particular, other than just knocking down constipated talking points that have been disproven.

I also am (guessing here) more in control of my life than most posters. I have no problem controlling my environment. I run my own business for gently caress sake. I know there is no fix to this, but seeing that we could if people gave a poo poo will never not be hilarious to me.

Castaign
Apr 4, 2011

And now I knew that while my body sat safe in the cheerful little church, he had been hunting my soul in the Court of the Dragon.

Blitter posted:

That's some quality reporting of incomplete data.

Perhaps it would be wise to include this important note:
https://mobile.twitter.com/lrossouw/status/1469766864968593450

Am I reading this correctly that cases appear to be tripling every 10 days? I've fallen behind on the fast-moving cspam thread, but I thought that the current news was that cases were doubling every two days.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
https://twitter.com/_EthanGrey/status/1469799287953498117?t=IrdaU3tcYTVF47Uf8z6eXQ&s=19

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I post in this thread to help people, like with masks or boosters. I want others to be wearing appropriate protection for a deadly airborne pathogen, so I need to let people know how to get n95 or p100 level masks before someone comes in and posts about some great cloth masks they got on etsy. Same for boosters, I was telling people how to get them for themselves back when the CDC was telling people that boosters were unnecessary. Nothing with the science has changed since then, but now that's 4 months later, people can get boosters anywhere. All those 4 months of bureaucratic nonsense accomplished was to reduce people's access to preventive measures, and reinforce that boosters weren't needed, weren't for them, and muddy the already lovely public health messaging waters.

Unfortunately, that means coming in to interrupt a circle jerk of 'Everything is fine!' posters who think the US's seven digit death toll is a great accomplishment, because they want life to be back to 2019. Instead of a classicide against the lower classes who are dying and being maimed as their servants for that return to normality to happen.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I will enjoy watching you pathetic humans die, I have watched your kind for centuries and will mourn you not when you are gone, for I am: small business owner!

:transforms into some weird bondage snake:
:is immediately killed by JoJo:

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

LionArcher posted:

I just dislike people pretending that life as it has been for the last 100 years is going to return to normal. it can't, shouldn't', and won't.

There's a lot to unpack in your post, but since it would be out of topic for this thread, I want to home in on just the part quoted above:

Why do you care so much about what other people pretend? Shouldn't people, as individuals and small groups, try to make the best out of a lovely situation that our society has collectively gotten itself stuck in? Do you want everyone to wallow in misery and go down a depression spiral?

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

jetz0r posted:

Unfortunately, that means coming in to interrupt a circle jerk of 'Everything is fine!' posters who think the US's seven digit death toll is a great accomplishment, because they want life to be back to 2019. Instead of a classicide against the lower classes who are dying and being maimed as their servants for that return to normality to happen.

Can you quote some of the posters that are claiming everything is fine and that the number of deaths is good? Thanks.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

jetz0r posted:

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

jetz0r posted:

I can't think of a single thread regular who has suggested that everything is fine.

I also can't think of anyone who has said that the US death toll is a great accomplishment.

Personally speaking, I'd like life to be back to 2019 but it probably won't be for quite a while, if ever. In the meantime, I'll get vaccinated regularly, wear my N95 when I'm around strangers, and carefully weigh the risks of my favorite activities against their benefits before I decide whether to perform them, in accordance with public health guidelines and advisories. Everyone I know who isn't a full-blown chud anti-vaxxer is in the same boat. Some are demanding that their families get their boosters before they agree to spend Christmas/NYE with them. Others are foregoing those gatherings altogether. I don't know of a single person who votes Democrat and is pretending that the pandemic is over. So I find the caricature of "brunch lib" or whatever quite perplexing. There's no doubt such care-free people exist, but they are probably not reading this thread, to be honest.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

There's a lot to unpack in your post, but since it would be out of topic for this thread, I want to home in on just the part quoted above:

Why do you care so much about what other people pretend? Shouldn't people, as individuals and small groups, try to make the best out of a lovely situation that our society has collectively gotten itself stuck in? Do you want everyone to wallow in misery and go down a depression spiral?

because the system that led us to this point and that worldview is going to kill off most of the life on this planet in the next 100 years, and this was our first and best chance to actually think about do things differently. (not enough to stop the killing off part, but at least make this twilight period not so unbearably dumb) For a little bit, we were and some still are. Hence tons of folks quitting jobs. Hence Bitcoin (but also part of the problem), and so on. That being said, I care what others do because they continue to make things worse by returning to normal, and or kill people while pretending it wasn't their fault. If everyone would just wear loving masks and get an easy rear end jab, I actually could actually get laid again safely for instance. Like, everyone bitches about missing social stuff, and then does a bunch of unsafe stuff, and keeps it going. Well guess what? So do loving I! but I don't go out like a jackass and keep this poo poo going.

I mean poo poo, even the people who do wear masks are doing it wrong 90% of the time. Almost nobody I see who has masks on are wearing good masks, or bad masks properly even. It's better than nothing but like, the messaging has been truly awful.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

LionArcher posted:

Easy answer. Because There's a segment of the population that are lost. Majority even. Don't want to think about Covid, ext. Then there's a sub set of people who do care "let's say this thread" but then come up with the same drat solutions/this isn't a big deal we're super smart and will spread bad info at times." One group is easy to just right off. but it's more like, if you're posting in here, know a little better?

None of it really matters of course. Nothing any of us do will stop the worst things from happening. Like, by ever metric through human history, I've already lived a blessed life, and I haven't even started yet. Not really. (career's just taking off, I still going to find a better fitting partner, and so on).

I will (unless something random and tragic happens) get to watch the end of all of this in real time, and that's fascinating if nothing else.

The death rattle of all of this will last longer than climate realists think I think. I'm guessing another 20 years of us pretending any of the system we live in actually works, but I also know I'm being optimistic here.

Or there's people.like me that have lived with this poo poo for 2 years and are loving tired and tired of being treated like poo poo by patients and people that think Twitter and social media make them experts on what we are dealing with.

And if you already resigned yourself to die by climate change you basically are just saying who cares regardless of what's going on with covid, you want to say covid will end the world as we know it but then say in the same sentence it's insignificant because.of climate change.

Twitter experts are the people that make these threads impossible, because it's the same outrage and explosive stuff amplified to cause clicks then shared by people looking for reasons to spout nonsense and sound like they know things, looking at you Nate silver.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

LionArcher posted:

I don't go out like a jackass and keep this poo poo going.

LionArcher posted:

I was at Disneyland today from 8:30 AM until 9:30 PM.

I asked way earlier in the thread about going to a Dodgers game tomorrow, and I know now that I can easily go three hours without using the bathroom or eating at a game, but I sure as hell don’t see the point. Also, the Disneyland merch has gotten incredibly cheap feeling. I went in there ready to spend stupid money on things like the light saber, and all of it feels like cheap China crap. Even the coffee mugs that used to be unique and awesome I have gone downhill and smaller in size.

i’m not complaining about being at Disneyland. It was stupid circumstances that ended up with me there. and privilege and blah blah blah. I’m more bummed that I have to cancel on seeing my friends in September at a dance festival

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

LionArcher posted:

For a little bit, we were and some still are. Hence tons of folks quitting jobs. Hence Bitcoin

lol well done

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Lol I'll tell you why people are quitting. Because gently caress getting treated like poo poo and dealing with customers people built loving spines the last year and don't want to do customer service jobs because it loving SUCKS. Especially for the fact you can get much higher wages by just trying and looking. People are quitting because guess what, they like stay at home jobs and not dealing with assholes yelling at them and getting paid 250 a week on min wage.

Lol if you think it's because of covid you really just are out of touch

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I wore a Better than n95 mask, didn’t see anyone outside of the group that I went with after going for two weeks, and returning home to a different state, (about three weeks later?) I quarantined for two weeks and took a home test to confirm I did not in fact have COVID spread it. And I acknowledged in the post that I was being an idiot.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Lol I'll tell you why people are quitting. Because gently caress getting treated like poo poo and dealing with customers people built loving spines the last year and don't want to do customer service jobs because it loving SUCKS. Especially for the fact you can get much higher wages by just trying and looking. People are quitting because guess what, they like stay at home jobs and not dealing with assholes yelling at them and getting paid 250 a week on min wage.

Lol if you think it's because of covid you really just are out of touch

You just listed a bunch of reasons why people quit that are in fact related to COVID. Also, until I worked for myself, all my jobs were service jobs.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

LionArcher posted:

If you think that the worst-case is already utterly unavoidable and there's literally nothing that we can do to stop it, then there's absolutely no harm in people pretending there's hope and being positive. It's like the old parable about the world ending in X days - do you announce it, knowing full well that there's absolutely nothing anyone can do about it and you're just plunging everyone into panic and despair for no particular reason?

LionArcher posted:

Personally, I’ll be fine though. I’m a computer toucher, and very good at adapting.

LionArcher posted:

I also am (guessing here) more in control of my life than most posters. I have no problem controlling my environment. I run my own business for gently caress sake.

LionArcher posted:

Like, by ever metric through human history, I've already lived a blessed life, and I haven't even started yet. Not really. (career's just taking off, I still going to find a better fitting partner, and so on).

Oh. I never get tired of business-owning computer touchers crowning themselves the champions of the marginalized and disadvantaged as an excuse to be massive assholes. If you're living such a blessed life, full of real-life good works and constantly helping out friends and family and community, then one would think you'd have something better to do on a Saturday night than despair-posting in two threads at once.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Lol at months of doom posting about no one taking Covid seriously enough from the Disney Adult who couldn’t even wait an extra few years to give Mickey a big hug

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Don’t you see? Everyone is living in a fantasy world. Not me. I quarantined for 2 weeks to meet Goofy

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Lol at months of doom posting about no one taking Covid seriously enough from the Disney Adult who couldn’t even wait an extra few years to give Mickey a big hug

It’s okay, it doesn’t count, he went but he made sure to not like it, the mugs weren’t even good!

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Why do you have to not go to the bathroom for three hours to avoid covid anyway?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

If you think that the worst-case is already utterly unavoidable and there's literally nothing that we can do to stop it, then there's absolutely no harm in people pretending there's hope and being positive. It's like the old parable about the world ending in X days - do you announce it, knowing full well that there's absolutely nothing anyone can do about it and you're just plunging everyone into panic and despair for no particular reason?

Oh. I never get tired of business-owning computer touchers crowning themselves the champions of the marginalized and disadvantaged as an excuse to be massive assholes. If you're living such a blessed life, full of real-life good works and constantly helping out friends and family and community, then one would think you'd have something better to do on a Saturday night than despair-posting in two threads at once.

I’m house sitting taking care of a sweet doggo for the weekend, a last minute favor for friends of family. I worked for 8 plus hours in a Saturday because that’s what running a business is like, and like, on a Saturday night I took maybe fifteen minutes to point out a bunch of poo poo that’s dumb in this thread, while I wait for my edible to kick in. Once it does, I’ll go off and do manifestation meditations for an hour, Vibing hard, and pass out. I’ve also been texting with a dear friend about hard relationship stuff they’re going through, another friend who’s freaking out about having a baby in a month, and family members who are having a tough time because another family member is dying of cancer. And it’s your judgment I’m somehow being a massive rear end in a top hat because I dare to call the thread out for flawed data, or the mods for having lovely policies in the past any number of times. I haven’t character attacked anybody who hasn’t swung (poorly) at me first, and not even then, directly.

Like the person trying to gotcha me about my trip to Disneyland. Which was right as news about delta surging came out, and I realized it was a mistake, and did my best in not great circumstances, and I know I didn’t kill anyone, or make anyone sick.

Also, the fact that I’m aware of what is going to happen with climate change also means I’m aware there’s nothing I can directly do to stop it. That’s not doomer talk, and the people I interact with on the daily I’m incredibly kind to. But, when people freak out about their teenagers and where they’re going to go to college, I gently console them that it doesn’t actually matter that much, and please don’t go into debt over it.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Don’t you see? Everyone is living in a fantasy world. Not me. I quarantined for 2 weeks to meet Goofy

Rise of the resistance is a great loving ride. Didn’t see goofy.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Why do you have to not go to the bathroom for three hours to avoid covid anyway?

Bathrooms are COVID hot spots was a data point. My mask was good enough it didn’t matter, but at that point there was a lot about delta we didn’t know, other than it was moving fast.

LionArcher fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Dec 12, 2021

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

LionArcher posted:

Bathrooms are COVID hot spots was a data point. My mask was good enough it didn’t matter, but at that point there was a lot about delta we didn’t know, other than it was moving fast.

Is that why you needed a big mug?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Is that why you needed a big mug?

:lmao:

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

LionArcher posted:

I wore a Better than n95 mask, didn’t see anyone outside of the group that I went with after going for two weeks, and returning home to a different state, (about three weeks later?) I quarantined for two weeks and took a home test to confirm I did not in fact have COVID spread it. And I acknowledged in the post that I was being an idiot.

I mean a lot of people go to Disneyland. Regardless of what precautions you took or what I thought about going to Disneyland, it wouldn't really make sense to single you out for that.

But I don't think most of the people who go to Disneyland are posting online about how eating brunch is morally bankrupt.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

James Garfield posted:

I mean a lot of people go to Disneyland. Regardless of what precautions you took or what I thought about going to Disneyland, it wouldn't really make sense to single you out for that.

But I don't think most of the people who go to Disneyland are posting online about how eating brunch is morally bankrupt.

Going to brunch because you lack critical thinking skills and don’t know better isn’t morally bankrupt. Plenty of people (some in this thread, plenty of leftist on Twitter) do know better and try to justify it, that’s the moral bankrupt part. And if people would just admit it, I wouldn’t have a problem with it. But it’s pretending it’s justified that bothers me more than the selfish action itself.

But I think the edible is kicking in. I’m off to go up my vibrational frequency with some proper meditation, but I might gently caress around and do some yoga first.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

jetz0r posted:

I might suggest you have a look at who is actually posting itt: https://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3979298

a large proportion of the posters most active in this thread are pretty pessimistic and/or quite active in the cspam thread

the number of posters here saying anything close to "everything is fine" is like, a handful, at best. and im pretty confident several of them are trolling or being deliberately contrarian

edit: I mean this is basically "inventing a person to get mad about."

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

LionArcher posted:

Going to brunch because you lack critical thinking skills and don’t know better isn’t morally bankrupt. Plenty of people (some in this thread, plenty of leftist on Twitter) do know better and try to justify it, that’s the moral bankrupt part. And if people would just admit it, I wouldn’t have a problem with it. But it’s pretending it’s justified that bothers me more than the selfish action itself.

But I think the edible is kicking in. I’m off to go up my vibrational frequency with some proper meditation, but I might gently caress around and do some yoga first.

wait what.

are you scolding this thread for "going to brunch" (who the gently caress is saying that??) and not taking the pandemic seriously while at the same time justifying it's okay for you to go Disneyland because you didn't use the bathrooms there? while claiming you as a leftist know better and at the same time talking about how you're a small-business owner?

come the gently caress on

edit: this is like taintrunner "im not a landlord" vibes

Fritz the Horse fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Dec 12, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Going to Disneyland because you lack critical thinking skills and don’t know better isn’t morally bankrupt. Plenty of people (some in this thread, plenty of leftist on Twitter) do know better and try to justify it, that’s the moral bankrupt part. And if people would just admit it, I wouldn’t have a problem with it. But it’s pretending it’s justified that bothers me more than the selfish action itself.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Fritz the Horse posted:

wait what.

are you scolding this thread for "going to brunch" (who the gently caress is saying that??) and not taking the pandemic seriously while at the same time justifying it's okay for you to go Disneyland because you didn't use the bathrooms there? while claiming you as a leftist know better and at the same time talking about how you're a small-business owner?

come the gently caress on

edit: this is like taintrunner "im not a landlord" vibes

I “justified”Disneyland by saying it was dumb and not infecting anyone because I was masked the whole time and agreeing to go before news of delta spreading vaccines so fast broke. I’m not going back to Disneyland anytime soon. I’m also not going to weddings or parties or flying on planes or any number of things people on this thread have done and talked about.

Brunch Havers can and do keep it going. I did not.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Fritz the Horse posted:

I might suggest you have a look at who is actually posting itt: https://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3979298

gently caress I need to re-examine my life.

Anyway, have some news from the non-American world: Queensland is opening its state border tomorrow and entering the world of "living with COVID" after being the largest of Australia's individual states to successfully maintain zero-COVID (give or take the odd snap 3-day lockdown when it sometimes leaked in) throughout the entire pandemic. It has a population of 5 million people and has recorded 7 COVID deaths in the entire pandemic. I don't think anywhere else in the Western world has such a successful track record.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-12/qld-coronavirus-covid-case-border-reopening/100693778

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

LionArcher posted:

Brunch Havers can and do keep it going. I did not.

What do you mean by "keep it going?" Do you think if people stopped going to brunch COVID would be ~Over~?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery
"The only moral abortion is my abortion" but it's waiting in line for a teacup ride.