Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

between this kind of poo poo, the transphobia directed at Nyla, and the bizarro misogyny at the joshis, I think AEW needs to step up it's crowd policing.

for a little boost of positivity Kip showed up to offer support

https://twitter.com/TheKipSabian/status/1468996429452611592?t=icivM8jU-IYlXe4Ev7AtHA

The hurt and disbelief that anyone can think this in 2021 is justified but what better form of policing is there than someone singularly stating their poo poo opinion and having that statement met with shocked silence then boos. I get why you might individually would be hurt by this but this should be celebrated in the annals of dumbasses loving around and finding out

Edit: I watched clip again. Inconclusive this convenient point I’ve imagined for the sake of a good point is realized.

That DICK! fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Dec 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I've read a few reports from that taping on Reddit, and the people who were doing it kept it up all show.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

That DICK! posted:

The hurt and disbelief that anyone can think this in 2021 is justified but what better form of policing is there than someone singularly stating their poo poo opinion and having that statement met with shocked silence then boos. I get why you might individually would be hurt by this but this should be celebrated in the annals of dumbasses loving around and finding out

Edit: I watched clip again. Inconclusive this convenient point I’ve imagined for the sake of a good point is realized.

Have security staff stationed intermittently throughout the crowd. Have them stand out with different colored shirts or lanyards or hats. Make an announcement at the opening of the show that if someone is espousing slurs or bigotry then go to the aforementioned security guards so that they can be warned or removed as necessary. This is not a difficult problem to solve.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Have security staff stationed intermittently throughout the crowd. Have them stand out with different colored shirts or lanyards or hats. Make an announcement at the opening of the show that if someone is espousing slurs or bigotry then go to the aforementioned security guards so that they can be warned or removed as necessary. This is not a difficult problem to solve.

the crowd should boo them, that’ll teach them!!!!!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

More just like, how do you stop a person from independently shouting poo poo. Are you really gonna do me like this quantum of phallus.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I’ve only been to WWE shows but i’ve never heard that kind of poo poo from the crowd, it’s unacceptable, edgelord 35 year old neckbeard poo poo, can’t believe it made it on camera, hope that guy stepped in big jar if honey today and got his leg stuck, and at that exact moment a passing train owned by the local zoo derailed, loosing a family of bears with incontinence rendering him helpless as he was chewed up pissed and poo poo on while bored circus people watched

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

If only that man had been strongly advised against it ahead of time he might not have shouted “loving fag” at a openly gay wrestler.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

That DICK! posted:

If only that man had been strongly advised against it ahead of time he might not have shouted “loving fag” at a openly gay wrestler.

If the crowd knew there was a system in place and knew who to ask for help then yeah he could have been tossed out. I worked private security for like 6 years, we did this sort of thing literally all the time. I spent an entire season of Blazer games dragging out drunk dumbasses who really wanted to yell the n word at basketball players.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

If people like that get ejected from the building without a refund, they might think twice about it.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

If people like that get ejected from the building without a refund, they might think twice about it.

Just having the security staff present is a deterrent, not enough of one for some people who are deadset on being jackasses in public, but then that's why you implement this sort of thing. Again, this is an issue with any large crowd of people watching basically anything, it's a solved problem. You just have to, you know, do the solutions.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Sure toss him but he still said the poo poo? The Deep South wrestling AEW is hearkening back do is very anti black and very anti gay so it’s not surprising to me that the unfortunately still alive fanbase shows up to events and says their bad opinions but jeez Louise people publicly have the worst opinions ever all the time. You just can’t loving stop them. Even me. Might as well air them and have history own them.and if you reply to my post and disagree w me u only prove my point

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Sorry if there’s more to the story than the tweets that have been posted here. I’ve been posting in the world of Warcraft lore thread and I’m feeling very defensive

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

That DICK! posted:

Sure toss him but he still said the poo poo? The Deep South wrestling AEW is hearkening back do is very anti black and very anti gay so it’s not surprising to me that the unfortunately still alive fanbase shows up to events and says their bad opinions but jeez Louise people publicly have the worst opinions ever all the time. You just can’t loving stop them. Even me. Might as well air them and have history own them.and if you reply to my post and disagree w me u only prove my point

what in the gently caress is any of this

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

That DICK! posted:

wtf? AEW is Deep South wrestling??????????

Tony Khan's an ECW kid this ain't smokey mountain

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

How do you structure security to stop a drunk mentally ill man from shouting fag at a live event.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
As a queer if it's a choice between someone shouting a slur at me and being booed or no one shouting a slur at me I woud prefer no one shouted a slur at me

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

fez_machine posted:

wtf? AEW is Deep South wrestling??????????

Tony Khan's an ECW kid this ain't smokey mountain

They're doing a show in Greensboro, Sting is feuding with Tully Blanchard, and they have JR and Tony doing commentary. Dude loved ECW, but he's definitely trying to appeal to people who liked Crockett/WCW. Which, given how many of them dipped out on WWE, isn't unwise.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

That DICK! posted:

How do you structure security to stop a drunk mentally ill man from shouting fag at a live event.

Wait. How do we know he was mentally ill?

But, while you can't prevent him from doing it, you can easily prevent him from doing it again if people complain. And, if that happens enough times, it'll probably stop at some point.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
AEW is basically trying to be 80s WCW, 90s ECW, 00s ROH and 10s New Japan all at the same time

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Welp I guess we can stop fantasy booking CM Punk’s personal life.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lol what a dickhead

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I know I'm in the minority on this, but gently caress CM Punk. He should have stayed gone.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Punk is a tremendous talent and a petty bitch.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

calm down

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

That DICK! posted:

We could probably just leave those unnecessary qualifiers out. You don't need either to be a lovely person sharing lovely opinions.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I hope Punk gets really bad food poisoning, little bitch

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

You can't stop every instance of hateful behaviour, but you can make a clear rule, mention your clear rule, and then enforce your clear rule. Enforcing a rule consistently acts as a deterrent. Waiting for a crowd to boo someone does gently caress all.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
“Do not scream slurs” is absolutely a rule at shows and AEW goes over the fan code of conduct before every show

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Dude is in his early 40's and he still acts like a petty bitch. Quite embarrassing.

Punk should have let Colt just take the episode down. Would have saved a whole lot of trouble and their friendship.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It's not like that was a foreseeable consequence to standing up to an obviously bullying SLAPP suit. Besides, he'd probably have ended that friendship over something else eventually.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/RCwtqEWKo9mboeo/status/1468673944467427328?s=20

GLEAT fanart. BULK ORCHESTRA as an actual orchestra, I love it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I do not know how goons were so poorly able to explain the point of "Better discouragement can't solve everything and sometimes policing will still be after the offending event happens" to turn it into that.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

I do not know how goons were so poorly able to explain the point of "Better discouragement can't solve everything and sometimes policing will still be after the offending event happens" to turn it into that.

When someone's been posting about WoW, it's really hard to explain things to them.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/OfficialEGO/status/1470086622360195078?s=20

https://twitter.com/OfficialEGO/status/1470088697299144706?s=20

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

calm down

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

*thousands of aew fans doing the birdman hand rub outside the arena as the DONT on the DONT SCREAM SLURS sign is obscured by a large branch*

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

That DICK!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

*some guy from Long Island screams slurs at wrestlers at a show*

"this is Jim Crockett's fault."

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!
Having been to multiple Dynamites throughout Florida, I can say that before the show begins they always display this "AEW Fan Code of Conduct" on the entrance ramp screens which is then read aloud in its entirety. I think it's maybe about two screens long, but I only have a picture of the final screen to give you an idea. I will note that every time this thing is played, it is generally met with derision from the crowd or some degree of "yeah yeah, whatever" dismissiveness. For instance, the preceding slide which I don't seem to be able to find a picture of makes mention of not obscuring the view of others (for example, by standing or holding signs for extended periods) and not smoking or vaping in the venue. The vaping part is blatantly disregarded in plain view of venue staff, who don't move a muscle or do anything, and if people in back say "sit down!" when those in front are standing up throughout a match, the general response is "buy better seats next time!"

So yeah, there's a very clear and unambiguous list of "don't do this stuff" told to everyone every time, but that fine print with "staff will promptly intervene to support an environment where all guests can enjoy the event free from the above behavior" simply does NOT happen. I have never once seen the fan code of conduct items actively enforced (aside from the "no entering the ring" one, since I was there when that fat guy tried to run in on Jericho and MJF but got stopped by Justin Roberts).

Daryl Surat fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Dec 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Daryl Surat posted:

Having been to multiple Dynamites throughout Florida, I can say that before the show begins they always display this "AEW Fan Code of Conduct" on the entrance ramp screens which is then read aloud in its entirety. I think it's maybe about two screens long, but I only have a picture of the final screen to give you an idea. I will note that every time this thing is played, it is generally met with derision from the crowd or some degree of "yeah yeah, whatever" dismissiveness. For instance, the preceding slide which I don't seem to be able to find a picture of makes mention of not obscuring the view of others (for example, by standing or holding signs for extended periods) and not smoking or vaping in the venue. The vaping part is blatantly disregarded in plain view of venue staff, who don't move a muscle or do anything, and if people in back say "sit down!" when those in front are standing up throughout a match, the general response is "buy better seats next time!"

So yeah, there's a very clear and unambiguous list of "don't do this stuff" told to everyone every time, but that fine print with "staff will promptly intervene to support an environment where all guests can enjoy the event free from the above behavior" simply does NOT happen. I have never once seen the fan code of conduct items actively enforced (aside from the "no entering the ring" one, since I was there when that fat guy tried to run in on Jericho and MJF but got stopped by Justin Roberts).

That's garbage and they really need to start kicking people out. gently caress those manchildren.