Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I know it’s divisive but I loved Sunshine which Garland wrote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Yeah I loved Sunshine when I was younger, I'd be down to watch it again if only to see how it holds up. I remember thinking that even if the back half wasn't what I wanted it still did a well enough job of making it all work together

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ChrisBTY posted:

Hollywood understands '30 million dollars is a lot of loving money to set on fire if this unproven IP fails so we arn't gonna'

yet Netflix does it and produces enough content out of a season's worth of show that could be edited down to a really bitchin 2 hour movie.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Last thing I watched was the Tubi exclusive "Celebrity Exorcism." You should not do that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

i got real mad+sad waking up from a good nap and seeing that the dems are doubling down on making everyone repay student loans, so now i'm rewatching Little Women 2019 for the fortieth time because it's my comfort film for when i'm sad

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

coconono posted:

yet Netflix does it and produces enough content out of a season's worth of show that could be edited down to a really bitchin 2 hour movie.

Netflix's business model is so goddamn confusing to me. You pay like 50 million to make one show. It would imply that to be worth it it would have to generate more than 50 million in subscriptions. How can it? How can they even tell?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ChrisBTY posted:

Netflix's business model is so goddamn confusing to me. You pay like 50 million to make one show. It would imply that to be worth it it would have to generate more than 50 million in subscriptions. How can it? How can they even tell?

money is all a lie

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

ChrisBTY posted:

Back when Netflix was the only major streaming service it was about bringing in Hot poo poo productions that would convince folks to fork over the cash for a membership. Now that everyone has a netflix account and they have competition from Amazon, HBO Max, Disney+ and a plethora of others, they've become a content creation site with the objective being finding stuff that trends and creates opportunities to sell the broadcast rights to TV.

Shard posted:

money is all a lie

This too.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ChrisBTY posted:

Well with most internet companies they don't make money, they just have to show they are eternally growing so venture capitalists continue to throw cash at them until they can go public. But Netflix went public decades ago so now the idea is that there's eternal growth of subscriber numbers so investors throw money at them until??? In 2020 they had 203.7 million subs, up 30 million from the previous year, net income up from 1.8bn to 2.7bn in the same period.

Obviously at some point that growth pops because eternal growth is an impossibility, at some point you reach market saturation, especially with every media company now wanting a slice of that streaming pie. And because capitalism is insane, merely matching enormous profits from year to year isn't really acceptable, so when they stop growing they will spend even more to attempt to reach new subscribers, but as that's impossible that will mean smaller returns or even losses as they chase growth that doesn't exist.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

many different subscription packages with outright different content on each individual streaming service in the near future

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

coconono posted:

yeah one of their kpis is “hours watched per subscriber” so basically editing doesnt exist and even 15 minute stories get turned into 10 hour documentaries

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

yeah one of their kpis is “hours watched per subscriber” so basically editing doesnt exist and even 15 minute stories get turned into 10 hour documentaries

Ohhh now I understand the decisions made in the new cowboy bebop

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If Netflix wants me to watch lots of their poo poo they should get the license for all the subtitled Toei stuff. They’ve been a decent landing spot for foreign language stuff, but the rotation keeps changing so if you find something you gotta watch it all right there unless it’s got an N in the graphic. I hope Devi lands on a streaming service somewhere cuz I wanna finish that glorious trash show.

Thankfully this practice doesn’t bleed over to the kids section because if Netflix lost Pocoyo or Oggy Oggy there would be a toddler riot.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I read Mox's book in a single day. AMA.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
What’s his style like

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Captain Magic posted:

What’s his style like

It's very non linear, jumps back and forth between different spots in his life. He writes like he speaks.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Writer Cath posted:

what was it like reading Mox's book in a single day?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Writer Cath posted:

It's very non linear, jumps back and forth between different spots in his life. He writes like he speaks.

It's basically just an extremely long-form promo, so if you like Moxley's promos, you will love the book.

I read it over two days, but that was because I had to sleep for work, otherwise I would have read it strait through, too.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

what was it like reading Mox's book in a single day?

It was really great. I was super run down and tired today, and it was just a terrific way to unplug from the world.

Writer Cath fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 13, 2021

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

My review of Benedetta: The Scissor Sisters

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Writer Cath posted:

Any juicy gossip or burials

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Not juicy but I learned that renee was in a pillow fight league

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He does talk about working with Juice Robinson and beating him, yes

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Grinch is a grotesque fiend. He threatens to steal our precious Christmas, yet Sleepy Joe does nothing.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Started new job at volunteers of America supportive services for veteran families today. Everyone has been nice and the atmosphere is really laid back. Hope I'm good at the job

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

NienNunb posted:

The Grinch is a grotesque fiend. He threatens to steal our precious Christmas, yet Sleepy Joe does nothing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

Not juicy but I learned that renee was in a pillow fight league

It's on YouTube!

He buries the gently caress out of everyone in backstage WWE, but that's about the worst of it.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
forgot that yesterday was the first of the horrible yule lads, and due to my lack of vigilance, my sheep were terribly harrassed

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This man should be in Gitmo

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N9mCbamoqM

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Today I got so mad at my truant teen I threatened to beat him with a shoe. Obviously, beating a teenager with a nike slip on is a tad extreme, but so is taking 3 hours to get ready for school. Anyways, trying to think of ways to motivate a disinterested teen that don't involve taking my shoe off.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

coconono posted:

Today I got so mad at my truant teen I threatened to beat him with a shoe. Obviously, beating a teenager with a nike slip on is a tad extreme, but so is taking 3 hours to get ready for school. Anyways, trying to think of ways to motivate a disinterested teen that don't involve taking my shoe off.

Probably takes about three hours to apply a professional-grade thicc-assed Grinch costume. Whoever gets ready first decides when you leave.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

NienNunb posted:

can you interpret this for me

https://twitter.com/ChristnNitemare/status/1470464880549453827

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

this country is so loving deranged about its shopping and gift giving holidays.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

coconono posted:

this country is so loving deranged about its shopping and gift giving holidays.

I must stop this Christmas from cumming butt. How?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tell your truant teen you will release them back to their parents if they go to school without incident from the end of christmas break to the end of the school year

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I settled on spiders

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It’s great in a cinema. Holds up really well

Update: The Matrix loving rips

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I watched the Matrix for the first time this year and it changed me metaphysically. They don’t make blockbusters like that anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

I watched the Matrix for the first time this year and it changed me metaphysically. They don’t make blockbusters like that anymore.

They made one that comes out on the 22nd