Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I liked potato and hope they get reincarnated as different vegetables so Scott has to figure out how to cook them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah you guys had me worried about potato, but the name gag and youTUBER totally won me over.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Very slowly working my way through the CBB archives and hit the follow up episode to iBrain. Brett Gelman is too good.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
"lower mouth"?!?!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The one with the sweaty grin?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Very much looking forward to the best of the year eps because I have not listened t cbb since April.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
You should listen to two weeks ago’s Calvins Triplets update because it’s always on the list and you’d be sad to only hear a part of it instead of the whole thing.

Bigsby’s verses about old ladies was great.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

The one with the sweaty grin?

"It was enough to make the Pope want to gently caress!"

iBrain will always be the GOAT

kdrudy fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 12, 2021

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

potato ruled

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Looks like Christmas episode time, and see Mary Holland in the guest list so I'm excited for that.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I still long for the return of Kiwi Kris’ Peter Griffin, but that was kind of a one trick pony.

Also it’s weird to see an Holiday special without Gabrus or The Tick-tock Man

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

jeeves posted:

I still long for the return of Kiwi Kris’ Peter Griffin, but that was kind of a one trick pony.

Also it’s weird to see an Holiday special without Gabrus or The Tick-tock Man

Today's Gino Lombardo Show is essentially a CBB episode with the Tick-tock Man at least.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
yeah Potato was hilarious, the gently caress

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I keep pulling up the CBB World Speedforce Skanksgiving episode just to listen to the bit at the very beginning where Shaun says "That Marvel movie was good as Hell; they got some Eternals in this motherfucker."

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

for the scott hasn't seen with the action boyz they are obviously having a lot of fun. i don't remember which thread seemed to think there was tension but they were wrong

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I've really enjoyed scott hasn't seen. Its pretty interesting on how scott can generally guess most of the plot just from his experience as a writer.

The ego episode was weird but it's hard to do an episode when the guest didn't watch the movie.

Also threedom is the funniest pod to me. They have a great manic energy together.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Finished the Christmas episode last night, my favorite party of those kinds of episodes is how delighted everyone is at everyone else's characters...on Earth.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I've been listening to it in bits and pieces. Everyone's just having so much fun cracking up together, I love it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Also threedom is the funniest pod to me. They have a great manic energy together.

yeah it's great

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Boobs...
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrinse.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I enjoyed how much Dan Lippert enjoyed throwing in "2000 Arabs" every time he did it

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

R. Guyovich posted:

for the scott hasn't seen with the action boyz they are obviously having a lot of fun. i don't remember which thread seemed to think there was tension but they were wrong

ben rodgers didn't have fun or something and he complained about it on a few action boyz episodes.

He seems to feel that way about more or less everything he does though

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I fuckin' love Randy Snutz

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

R. Guyovich posted:

It was the Action Boyz themselves that talked about how weird it was.

I thought it sounded fun and good, but it was interesting hearing some behind the scenes takes from the Boyz.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Franchescanado posted:

It was the Action Boyz themselves that talked about how weird it was.

I thought it sounded fun and good, but it was interesting hearing some behind the scenes takes from the Boyz.

Do you remember what episode of Action Boyz that would be? I’d be curious to listen

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Senator Giroux posted:

Do you remember what episode of Action Boyz that would be? I’d be curious to listen

I think it was last month's Shadow Wolves (Hands on a Hardbody: The Documentary), or maybe Duel to the Death or Trespass. Shadow Wolves is all about tangents, but both other episodes were full of tangents, and it could have been one of those.

They aren't slandering or anything. They said it's difficult to be a guest on a show where it's never certain if the hosts are going to like the movie or hate it, and how it's also awkward because Rodgers and Stanger don't really know Scott or Shaun/Sprague, but Gabrus knows Scott a bit from touring together.

The episode came out funny and good. I thought there was more comedic chemistry than the Boyz described.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They deserve it for talking poo poo about The Last Starfighter and The Crow. Now they get to know how it feels!

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Franchescanado posted:

I think it was last month's Shadow Wolves (Hands on a Hardbody: The Documentary)

Ya, I was nervous listening to this the whole time. The part Ben was complaining about happened only at the very end, when he got mad about Scott and Sprauge calling it "boring" and Sean was on his phone. But it was a great episode over all! They had great chemistry, even Scott got in on the voice toward the end.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ManoliIsFat posted:

Ya, I was nervous listening to this the whole time. The part Ben was complaining about happened only at the very end, when he got mad about Scott and Sprauge calling it "boring" and Sean was on his phone. But it was a great episode over all! They had great chemistry, even Scott got in on the voice toward the end.

The part that stuck out at me (I'm as pedantic as Rodgers, so I'm on his side), is when Sprague said "We asked you to recommend boxing movies and you're only listing documentaries", to which Ben responds "Well, to me, Documentaries ARE movies."

Maybe it's silly, but that's a pretty strong framing for Scott Hasn't Seen. It's all been kinda lovely popcorn movies, which is fine and fun and has it's place. It is ironic that Sprague harped on Rocky IV for being simple and shallow, but will also not consider a documentary a movie. And it's not like any of the movies he's picked have been anything but shallow and simple.

I would like Scott to force Sprague to watch an art-house film.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Say that again about Terms of Endearment. I dare you.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Breadallelogram posted:

Say that again about Terms of Endearment. I dare you.

I haven't seen that movie or listened to that episode, so I can't say.

I like Ghost and Addams Family flicks, but I still wouldn't call them deep or complex films, outside of the Addams Family cinematography and art direction.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Franchescanado posted:

The part that stuck out at me (I'm as pedantic as Rodgers, so I'm on his side), is when Sprague said "We asked you to recommend boxing movies and you're only listing documentaries", to which Ben responds "Well, to me, Documentaries ARE movies."

Maybe it's silly, but that's a pretty strong framing for Scott Hasn't Seen. It's all been kinda lovely popcorn movies, which is fine and fun and has it's place. It is ironic that Sprague harped on Rocky IV for being simple and shallow, but will also not consider a documentary a movie. And it's not like any of the movies he's picked have been anything but shallow and simple.

I would like Scott to force Sprague to watch an art-house film.

I think the majority of Scott hasn't seen yet have been popcorn movies is because when they had originally come out, Scott was watching artsy fartsy stuff. I'm sure there's a bunch of obscure stuff the Scott hasn't seen, but I also wonder how interesting it would be for the audience if they have no reference for it either.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I feel there's an unspoken part of the title that Scott Hasn't Seen that film everyone's seen.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yep that’s the exact premise of the show. I get it, in the 90s I was young but found more adult cinema and because of that never saw the Disney classics like Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Lion King etc that almost all kids my age saw.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Mr. Squishy posted:

I feel there's an unspoken part of the title that Scott Hasn't Seen that film everyone's seen.

I'm pretty sure that exact thing has been said multiple times. That's part of the whole bit when he's talks about what he did see instead.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Listening to the best ofs and lol at the part where they're talking about how they happened to record an episode during the 1/6 insurrection, "which is proof that we were not there! Which is more than some people we know can say"

It's good that they can laugh about it

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

Listening to the best ofs and lol at the part where they're talking about how they happened to record an episode during the 1/6 insurrection, "which is proof that we were not there! Which is more than some people we know can say"

It's good that they can laugh about it

There was also some episode with PFT where he joked about how almost all of them missed the Mr. Show reunion in Washington on January 6.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Chairman Capone posted:

There was also some episode with PFT where he joked about how almost all of them missed the Mr. Show reunion in Washington on January 6.

God i love PFT. if he ever gets canceled for something, i don't know what i'll do

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Getting caught up on Threedom, drat Scott’s parents seem like a nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Getting caught up on Threedom, drat Scott’s parents seem like a nightmare.

I'm only up to about May of this year, but I feel like this statement could be made at literally any point of Threedom's run so I have no idea how far into it you are.

Learning more and more about Scott's past has been fascinating.