Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

:yosnice:

GaG what happened to your hand, and also what kinda pie you got?

Stoner Sloth

Goons Are Great posted:

hello yobsters, I'm hardly posting right now I'm sorry but the good news is I have a pie so this is going places already

hi GAG ilu friend :love: hope the pie is good!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
G'day orbs. :sun:

Robot Made of Meat

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Prof. Crocodile

Goons Are Great posted:

Also more importantly check this out

I asked for the brightest bandage they have and this is what the nurse came up with so you see, I'm in extremely capable hands

we warned you about eating pie right out of the oven without using silverware. ‘don’t do it gag,’ we said. ‘you’ll burn your hand,’ we said.

2Fast2Nutricious

Goons Are Great posted:

Also more importantly check this out

I asked for the brightest bandage they have and this is what the nurse came up with so you see, I'm in extremely capable hands

you can see it from space and that is great!

cruft

I'd like to know more about this pie, personally.

Van Go Go Go

I shouldn't precisely have chosen madness if there had been any choice, but once such a thing has taken hold of you, you can't very well get out of it.
bumping for pie update
also hello chat thread

ty Kaiser Schnitzel 4 the winter sig

Goons Are Gifts

oh no worries I have that bandage because of some fancy door into my veins that happen to be on my hand because i dont have amazing veins currently

i can tell you that the nurse did indeed go to the pediatric station to get this color so yeah that's a service money can't buy

FluffieDuckie

cruft posted:

I'd like to know more about this pie, personally.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Goons Are Gifts

it's a surprisingly huge apple-raisins pie that is a bit dry but works quite good with milk and similar fitting liquids, like coffee, tea, tears or hot chocolate
i went with the latter

FluffieDuckie

Every time I post I just stare in wonder at my sig and how it’s color coordinated with the yob.

Goons Are Gifts

it was gifted to me and I am sharing it with the other guys here and from that perspective I find the raisins questionable because it's such a controversial topic in a pie and I don't know if this was a wise decision, I'm awaiting a raisin war coming up any minute now

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
All right all right I am the scoopsgal and I'm here to get the scoop on this pie situation. What's the deal here, GaG? Sweet or savoury? Full crust or top crust? How many of us get a piece? The people have a right to know!

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Goons Are Gifts

FluffieDuckie posted:

Every time I post I just stare in wonder at my sig and how it’s color coordinated with the yob.

it resembles how well both it and you fit in here

Goons Are Gifts

Rarity posted:

All right all right I am the scoopsgal and I'm here to get the scoop on this pie situation. What's the deal here, GaG? Sweet or savoury? Full crust or top crust? How many of us get a piece? The people have a right to know!

sweet, top, all of you because this is a 1,5kg monstrosity and I dont think I can do it alone and also yes

alnilam

i was never aware of any controversy but raisins in pie seem like a great idea to me

FluffieDuckie

Goons Are Great posted:

it resembles how well both it and you fit in here

:glomp:

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Goons Are Great posted:

sweet, top, all of you because this is a 1,5kg monstrosity and I dont think I can do it alone and also yes

Fillings, GaG, we need to talk about fillings. Let's drill down into the details here

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Manifisto

I have had apple pies with raisins that were delicious, but personally I think using something like dried tart cherries or craisins would be even more delicious and impart a kind of acidity/tartness that plain ol' raisins lack

anyway eat the pie GaG, tell us all about it, then move on to the next pastry item

ty nesamdoom!

Farecoal

There he go

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

sometimes small medical questions come up in the the 'stupid/small questions' thread in A/T

Thanks!

xcheopis

Goons Are Great posted:

it's a surprisingly huge apple-raisins pie that is a bit dry but works quite good with milk and similar fitting liquids, like coffee, tea, tears or hot chocolate
i went with the latter

I dislike cooked apples but do like raisins. Hmmm. Very conflicted here.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Stoner Sloth

rhubarb goes well with apple in pie imo

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
I still don't know what rhubarb is

like is it a fruit or a leaf or a root, what is rhubarb, please don't tell me

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

biosterous

raisins are Okay and i have no strong opinion if my pie has or does not have raisins

i'd rather not have them in my butter tarts though, as that would leave less room for walnut pieces

(i am sowing the seeds of war with all ontario yobbers :twisted:)

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Rarity posted:

I am the scoopsgal and I'm here to get the scoop on this pie situation... The people have a right to know!

As I was conjuring up an image of an old-timey reporter with a press pass tag in their hat it dawned on me that SA has no fourth estate and as such has no body to hold power to account and is, then, absolutely an equivalent to North Korea.

Whoa.

Dukes Mayo Clinic

Sherbert Hoover posted:

I know what rhubarb is, but as requested I will keep this secret knowledge to myself.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
The earliest I can find to schedule an appointment for a COVID test is Tuesday. Gahhhhhh

Manifisto

Sherbert Hoover posted:

whatever it is, it's also good with strawberries in pie! oh and parts of the plant are poisonous . . . since you don't want to know, you get to guess which parts!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Viginti Septem posted:

The earliest I can find to schedule an appointment for a COVID test is Tuesday. Gahhhhhh

that's annoying. are there places with drive-up testing (if you have a car)?

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Manifisto posted:

that's annoying. are there places with drive-up testing (if you have a car)?

Oh yeah, forgot about those. And I've even done one before. Now I have an appointment for tomorrow

:c2b:

Ass-penny

I see this periodically, and I understand from context but why do some folks use a comma instead of a period to indicate a decimal point? Is that a European thing?

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Viginti Septem posted:

Oh yeah, forgot about those. And I've even done one before. Now I have an appointment for tomorrow

:c2b:

prepare to have your brain drilled. All mine have left me with watery eyes and the faint smell of cottonswab the rest of the day.

Also here is hoping you don't have it and just have a stupid cold instead.

Farecoal

There he go
CHOOSE YOUR FIGHTER (plus one typo)

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Farecoal posted:

Lmao this rules

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Sherbert Hoover posted:

A rhubarb is an elongated radish.

A radish is one or more gnome hats rolled into a tight ball and hammered smooth.

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Farecoal posted:

is that one of those ai-generated things?

cause those are awesome

Twenty Four

Viginti Septem posted:

So work sent me home the second I showed up because I'm sick and looked like death. I guess a manager I work with is out with COVID. So I get to spend my birthday tomorrow trying to track down a rapid covid test.

:smithcloud:

I hope you feel better and also importantly happy birthday! (I think it's today unless our time zones are way off)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

I laughed pretty hard at this, thanks!