Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
This is a long shot, but years ago there was a meme on this forum where Viscera’s five gimmicks where all titled “Big Daddy [Roman numeral].” Anyone got that handy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Web Jew.0 posted:

This is a long shot, but years ago there was a meme on this forum where Viscera’s five gimmicks where all titled “Big Daddy [Roman numeral].” Anyone got that handy?

Here you go.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Here is the real one I am sorry for my deception that no one has called out but I don't want to forget I posted the fake one and never post the real one.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Here is the real one I am sorry for my deception that no one has called out but I don't want to forget I posted the fake one and never post the real one.

I kind of prefer the fake one

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Owen Hart's New Generation theme was just the scene change music from Saved by the Bell, right?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Defenestrategy posted:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Defenestrategy posted:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Can’t remember if I asked this before, but did Bret or Austin wrestle a better match following their WM I Quit match?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Austin no, the injuries caught up to him and the WWE attitude era style didn't really allow for it. For Bret you could make a case the Bret/Benoit Owen tribute match is as good or close (though with Benoit in the match...yeah)

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Has there ever been a good lumberjack match?

YAMATO and KAI had a really fun No Ropes lumberjack match earlier this year in Dragon Gate.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Austin no, the injuries caught up to him and the WWE attitude era style didn't really allow for it. For Bret you could make a case the Bret/Benoit Owen tribute match is as good or close (though with Benoit in the match...yeah)

With Benoit in the match… it’s probably going to be a good match. That’s where you were going with this, I can only assume.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Seeing the CM Punk vs MJF feud.

Did Punk ever feud with Miz? If so, who won? How did it go?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Dunno if they feuded but they had an in-ring segment that was mostly Punk running Miz over on the mic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSkz7Ig6bI8

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

Dunno if they feuded but they had an in-ring segment that was mostly Punk running Miz over on the mic

Punk also openly mocked Miz for suggesting Daniel Bryan wasn't as as good as him on NXT (I doubt he was supposed to do this).

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Punk also openly mocked Miz for suggesting Daniel Bryan wasn't as as good as him on NXT (I doubt he was supposed to do this).

The bit on the very first season of NXT where Danielson says something about how all the other pros know that he's better than Miz and you see the pros all sat there with Punk leaning over to Regal and saying something while smirking to which Regal gives a "very much so" nod of agreement. It always amuses me when I see it.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Thank you haha I appreciate the fake one as well

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

Aww boo, they left out the best part. Basically:

Punk: Go ahead, ask me anything. Does the Miz suck? Yes.
Miz: I don't suck. But your mom does. Ohhhhhhhhhhh

So dumb it was good, probably because it was unscripted.

e: found it https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/status/1069622215702917121?s=20

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Did Arn and Flair ever feud with each other?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Did Arn and Flair ever feud with each other?

Yeah once in 1995.

Edit: They fought at Fall Brawl 95.

Numero6 fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 11, 2021

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Numero6 posted:

Yeah once in 1995.

It's a pretty decent match with a finish I found kinda surprising initially

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Fall Brawl 95 is a legitimately entertaining PPV and if you haven't seen it it's worth a watch.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Renaissance Spam posted:

Fall Brawl 95 is a legitimately entertaining PPV and if you haven't seen it it's worth a watch.

Is that the one where Regal and Finlay basically beat the poo poo outta each other for 10 minutes or is that uncensored

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

That's Uncensored.

*edit I just checked the wiki it was Uncensored '96

Renaissance Spam fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 11, 2021

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Numero6 posted:

Yeah once in 1995.

They had a cage match on one of the first Nitros, too.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Do you think the WWE will try and recreate the Shield with different supporting members like later iterations of the 4 Horseman or has that kind of stable with a core that rotates supporting members not a thing anymore?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Nystral posted:

Do you think the WWE will try and recreate the Shield with different supporting members like later iterations of the 4 Horseman or has that kind of stable with a core that rotates supporting members not a thing anymore?

It’d be a profoundly stupid idea that I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see WWE try.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's less that it's not a thing anymore (though I guess technically my point is that it is) so much as it is a thing that WWF just doesn't do. TNA and ROH have done stables with membership that ship of theseus'd along over the years (LAX for TNA comes to mind and The Kingdom for ROH), but the WWF has never been about stables or groups in general and so when they killed WCW the idea of a stable being an intrinsic thing, as important as the individual, died as well on national wrestling television.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
You see a lot more of it in Japan. NJPW, Dragon Gate, and Stardom (among others) all have factions that have spanned multiple generations over the years.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I think it's because The Shield were less a faction and more a team. So to try and put another group of fellas together, (even with Roman) and call it The Shield wouldn't work.

I could almost guarantee the WWE teaming Seth and Roman up again to try and get a nostalgia pop for The Shield, and depending on how stupid they are, even trying to retcon that Mox wasn't there/wasn't a big part of it.

But I can't see them trying to put someone else in as "new Shield" or "Shield 2.0"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I feel like we are due for another attempt at the nWo. In retrospect I'm surprised they didn't brand the Nexus that way.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
iShield 2.0

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I feel like we are due for another attempt at the nWo. In retrospect I'm surprised they didn't brand the Nexus that way.

I think GCW has dibs on the next nwo attempt.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

BrigadierSensible posted:

I think it's because The Shield were less a faction and more a team. So to try and put another group of fellas together, (even with Roman) and call it The Shield wouldn't work.

I could almost guarantee the WWE teaming Seth and Roman up again to try and get a nostalgia pop for The Shield, and depending on how stupid they are, even trying to retcon that Mox wasn't there/wasn't a big part of it.

But I can't see them trying to put someone else in as "new Shield" or "Shield 2.0"

Sadly Kurt Angle, the "fourth" member of The Shield is retired.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

How quickly people forget the first incarnation of The Shield

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

We actually got 2 Shield reruns in Absolution and the Riott Squad, because WWE loves trying to recreate things without understanding why they worked.

Retribution was a Nexus clone but Vince was mad about all these drat protesters so instead of doing the logical thing (NXT talent sick of the Main Roster loving over their beloved stars, paralleling the first NXT "class" taking revenge for being humiliated by the vets) it became this confused, awkward and very cringe attempt to be "relevant" while erasing any value that the actual talent brought to the table because they were all hidden behind Spirit Halloween masks (They've got Skeletons!) and were treated as disposable jobbers.

So actually a perfect recreation of the Nexus now that I think about it.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Renaissance Spam posted:

We actually got 2 Shield reruns in Absolution and the Riott Squad, because WWE loves trying to recreate things without understanding why they worked.

There was almost an even more copycat women's shield too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRJIuZB3bho

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I would be shocked if they haven't thought about having Roman and the Usos feud with a Shield 2.0 group. Just so Roman can squash them also and prove he was better than the whole Shield.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

karmicknight posted:

It's less that it's not a thing anymore (though I guess technically my point is that it is) so much as it is a thing that WWF just doesn't do. TNA and ROH have done stables with membership that ship of theseus'd along over the years (LAX for TNA comes to mind and The Kingdom for ROH), but the WWF has never been about stables or groups in general and so when they killed WCW the idea of a stable being an intrinsic thing, as important as the individual, died as well on national wrestling television.

Honestly I feel like they probably lump stables and such under 'southern wrasslin' and of course Vince doesn't think much of wrestling in general, let alone the southern iteration.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

collocation posted:

There was almost an even more copycat women's shield too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRJIuZB3bho

That was technically the original Shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Honestly I feel like they probably lump stables and such under 'southern wrasslin' and of course Vince doesn't think much of wrestling in general, let alone the southern iteration.

Nah, according to stuff I've heard from brother love, my feeling is that Vince latches on to terms that maybe apart of the zeitgeist. It's why in the late 90s you had a ton of stables, gangs if you will, unfortunately the way they go about it the purpose of a stable is to make a breakout star at the expense of the rest, instead of raising the credibility of everyone involved permanently.