Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Joementum posted:

yeah but there was also the guy who made a fried bacon egg and cheese scramble every day and ended up with an LDL at 300

I distinctly remember in that thread a coffee cup of some sort of liquid fat with chunks of yellow congealed fat floating on top that I assume was used as the ultimate low-carb beverage and I almost threw up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo

Definitely do as I say not as I do situation, I would never advise anyone to engage in what's become a nervous habit (there have definitely been a few boosters on stressful days between the 3 week interval lol).

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

the SA variant, named after the website from which I learned of its existence

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Wang Commander posted:

Definitely do as I say not as I do situation, I would never advise anyone to engage in what's become a nervous habit (there have definitely been a few boosters on stressful days between the 3 week interval lol).

Thank you for sharing your experience. I can’t wait for the qqcs thread.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

McNugget Buddy posted:

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1469768300620095494

This is my fear for whenever Ocugen brings Bharat's intranasal vaccine to the US - FDA's just going to sit on the application so the profits of Pfizer/Moderna aren't affected

Personally try not to think conspiratorially, but this is aggravating. The thought that these non-mRNA vaccines options would potentially be available in the US but the FDA is holding off is very frustrating. Unfortunately the anemic vaccine rollout for 5-11 year olds in the uS proves that parents desperate to vaccinate their children is a definite minority constituency, so it's not hard to suspect that Pfizer+Moderna's financial interests might be factoring into the delay processing the EUA application. It would be a different matter if there were domestic vaccine alternatives for the <5 year old age range or even a clear schedule for their distribution, but there are not.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I distinctly remember in that thread a coffee cup of some sort of liquid fat with chunks of yellow congealed fat floating on top that I assume was used as the ultimate low-carb beverage and I almost threw up

lol that goon was drinking cold beef bone broth for lunch

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Wang Commander posted:

Can we goldmine a series of individual posts?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Lmao got boosted yesterday and can barely walk to the drat toilet.

Thx maderna

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Wang Commander posted:

What the gently caress.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Wang Commander posted:

how the gently caress are you even pulling this off

I’m picturing wigs and facial putty and an increasing radius of pharmacies on a map delineated by colored pushpins

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Moderna booster side effect report - just some arm pain but nothing else.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Wang Commander posted:

This is now my favorite gimmick.

On a side note

The low carb thread legit did help me lose half my size and I've kept it off. Size 12 to 6. Also added in regular weight lifting.

I was pretty crushed when people invaded that thread and it got locked and killed.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Rhesus Pieces posted:

how the gently caress are you even pulling this off

I’m picturing wigs and facial putty and an increasing radius of pharmacies on a map delineated by colored pushpins

I'm picturing the simple fact they're wearing a mask, the pharmacist behind the counter is not the same 24/7, online appointments are a thing, and most pharmacists probably don't give a gently caress.
Depending where you live I can easily see a person expending no effort whatsoever and getting vaccinated monthly at the same Walgreens or CVS.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
You've only truly maxed your titers when someone can make your blood jump out of a petri dish by burning it, or maybe just saying mean things or giving off a bad vibe

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

Lmao got boosted yesterday and can barely walk to the drat toilet.

Thx maderna

Could be worse, you could have had no reaction whatsoever which was my experience. At least you know your immune system got the memo.

Maybe should find out how much an antibody level test costs, it's not like this hasn't become a critically relevant quantity over these past 18 days.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
They need to make Dragonball Z scouters, but for titers.

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

lol apparently max titers there hit "weeks" instead of "months" when they were setting up their repeated calendar events

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

silicone thrills posted:

This is now my favorite gimmick.

On a side note

The low carb thread legit did help me lose half my size and I've kept it off. Size 12 to 6. Also added in regular weight lifting.

I was pretty crushed when people invaded that thread and it got locked and killed.

There's a new saner version now in YLLS

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Wang Commander's blood in a bowl:

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Wang Commander posted:

Lmfao

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Did you keep count? The Slovenian guy with 23 might have a challenger for his crown

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
NHS looks like it's holding up well.

https://twitter.com/thesundaytimes/status/1470008312255102985

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/127245863/covid19-man-receives-up-to-10-vaccines-in-one-day

You've got competition, Wang.

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

neutral milf hotel posted:

:wth: I don't think I've seen a positivity rate that high before

:stare:

puerto rico's was 100% for a while back in the beginning. they didnt have enough tests so they only tested people they were pretty sure had covid.

Mysterious Jim
Sep 7, 2021
Reminds me of anecdotal stories from people who would engage in blood doping to cheat in cycling. Some would overdo it to the point that they would have to wake up multiple times in the night to move around and pedal on an exercise bike because the heavy viscosity put them at extreme risk for strokes and heart attacks.

Grabnar
Nov 24, 2017

Wang Commander posted:

I know this is a bit because when I cut myself a giant spike protein wells out of me like The Thing

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Now I'm envisioning Wing as a macguffin in a post societal collapse as various bands of bandits go to war with each other to kidnap him as an antibody factory where they forcefully withdraw blood from him to cure their gangs from the Omega Variants.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Joementum posted:

what's the latest on the risk of outdoor transmission? do you guys mask up for outdoor walks / jogging / hiking?

no, but i dont encounter anybody on walks bc i live in suburban hell, and when i do its very few people and only in passing.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

NeonPunk posted:

Now I'm envisioning Wing as a macguffin in a post societal collapse as various bands of bandits go to war with each other to kidnap him as an antibody factory where they forcefully withdraw blood from him to cure their gangs from the Omega Variants.

This is just the plot of The Mandalorian

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

After 3 pfizers (last of which was end of August) I have decided #4 is going to be Pfizer again simply because the numbers seem negligible and Pfizer has never given me anything more than a sore arm and a mild headache for a few hours.

This sound like a solid approach?

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Mysterious Jim posted:

Reminds me of anecdotal stories from people who would engage in blood doping to cheat in cycling. Some would overdo it to the point that they would have to wake up multiple times in the night to move around and pedal on an exercise bike because the heavy viscosity put them at extreme risk for strokes and heart attacks.

This became a running joke when the pro bike people would come through town, they were all jacked out of their minds to the point they were injecting poo poo in public bathrooms and running laps around the hotel at 3am, just bizarro poo poo.

I always thought it was funny that the elites pretended cycling was clean at the height of the whoever era because you could talk to any hotel worker in like a hundred cities and verify that no, in fact, they are all doping every day.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
The villain keeps changing form, and we're all talking about power levels.
Holy poo poo this really is Dragonball Z now.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

NeonPunk posted:

Mad Wing: Titers Road

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

delta: what’s his titers at?
omicron: it’s over 5,000!!!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
oops all antibodies

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

RandolphCarter posted:

interesting, but what represents the Americans claiming all the credit?

Covids over baby

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
C-SPAM > [COVID] there have definitely been a few boosters on stressful days between the 3 week interval lol

Fetlife Kuli
Dec 8, 2021

The world moves on a marten's lips
Wang's immune system is now a factory and the workers are trying to seize the means of production

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

A farmer with a shotgun had no chance against Alpha COVID

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
if you are a doctor, i do not want to hear what was described is impossible or similar because i'm loving dying right now