Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/status/1469801317707223040

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I wonder if you can get a return on the peterson bust so you could buy it and make a mold then return it without losing any money. Then you can make all the silicone buttplugs you want

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

I'm changing my name to "none of the above" and running for office.

I'm also starting a new party also called "the republican party." It's got great brand recognition built in.

Follow this page for more politics tips.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Does he not know that you can just make your own party?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Philippe posted:

He does, he’s just mad that they pre-empted his really stupid idea for a name with laws that say “no, that name is legally too stupid to use”.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
also "independent" and "party" seem to be somewhat at odds

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Philippe posted:

Don't encourage him!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's the Notaparty Party! Our party isn't one of the parties!

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
The Godel party. Our party members are all candidates not members of a party.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Imagine trying to use Bobby Droptables logic on the election process.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
People literally do that kind of thing, changing their names to be similar to rival candidates so as to confuse voters.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
i read a story about a woman who changed her name to be the same as a local politician, claiming the politician had inspired her when she was young. the judge granted the name change and then she tried to run in an election for something and the politician sued her and won

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ghost Leviathan posted:

People literally do that kind of thing, changing their names to be similar to rival candidates so as to confuse voters.

Also sometimes they get dudes who look similar to siphon off votes

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Memento posted:

I think the old white guy factory accidentally started printing repeats here.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's been printing repeats for decades and nobody has noticed or cared.

I wish somebody would find and turn off the old white people factory.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

OwlFancier posted:

It's been printing repeats for decades and nobody has noticed or cared.

I wish somebody would find and turn off the old white people factory.
Be the change y- hang on, someone's at the door

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Didn't the Lobsterman get into a Twitter slapfight against himself?

No he just thought repeated quote tweets was a good way to make a thread for some reason.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Memento posted:

Don't remember if this is the specific case or not, but they interviewed a guy on the BBC whose opponents were doing this.

He was, of course, an opposition candidate to Putin's party and it was a tactic to intentionally divert votes. Similar appearance and exact same name.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Didn’t we have one here too? Like there was a Joe Hernandez and the opposition ran some guy called John Hernandez, something like that?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I don't know what you mean by "here" but I know during the last election in Florida there was at least one fake candidate with a name either the same or very similar to the democrat. Investigations basically turned up that some of the required information was false (like he didn't even live where he was supposed to, or something).

e: looking up a little more

Wikipedia posted:

According to The Miami Herald in December 2020, Artiles took credit for the election of Republican Ileana Garcia to the Florida Senate, by recruiting Alex Rodríguez to run in the same race. In a sworn affidavit, three attendees of an election party where the comments were made later received threatening legal letters from Artiles. [18] Alex Rodríguez, who did not declare a party affiliation, had the same surname as the Democratic incumbent José Javier Rodríguez. Garcia won by 32 votes, with Alex Rodríguez obtaining over 6,300 votes in the election despite his failure to campaign during the election. According to The Miami Herald, Alex Rodríguez is an acquaintance of Artiles.[19] In March 2021, Artiles was arrested in connection with the scheme, as it was alleged that he had bribed Alex Rodríguez to enter the race and siphon votes from José Javier Rodríguez.[20] Artiles was charged with making or receiving two or more excessive campaign contributions, conspiracy to make or receive two or more excessive campaign contributions, and false swearing regarding voting or elections.[21] Prosecutors filed additional charges against Artiles and Rodriguez on April 8, 2021.[22] On August 24, 2021, Rodriguez pleaded guilty to accepting illegal campaign donations and lying on campaign documents, and agreed to testify against Artiles.[23]

Garrand has a new favorite as of 19:03 on Dec 12, 2021

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

the :tinfoil: in me is concerned that alot of his tweets have a china govt official tweeting a response

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

snergle posted:

the :tinfoil: in me is concerned that alot of his tweets have a china govt official tweeting a response

Ehh, not to defend China, but it's not like they're really any more evil than the US.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Comrade Xi if you want me to tweet at politicians calling them idiots as part of some sort of cyber warfare thing please contact me I will charge very competitive rates.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

OwlFancier posted:

Comrade Xi if you want me to tweet at politicians calling them idiots as part of some sort of cyber warfare thing please contact me I will charge very competitive rates.

Same, I can make a great Canadian agent. I'm unemployed and disabled and mad at everyone.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

"will tweet for social credit"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

gbut posted:

"will tweet for social credit"

Do it well enough and you get NED money

And a podcast!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

snergle posted:

no, do go on

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Garrand posted:

e: looking up a little more
"They can't win if they don't cheat" is something that gets said so much I sometimes forget how true it is.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Ehh, not to defend China, but it's not like they're really any more evil than the US.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

snergle posted:

...what?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

China's been on their international twitter game for a while. There are a bunch of state accounts that just dunk on US policy and our politician's tweets constantly.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Ror posted:

China's been on their international twitter game for a while. There are a bunch of state accounts that just dunk on US policy and our politician's tweets constantly.

yeah its about time someone did, on these state media controlled platforms anyway

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I think the context was mocking a dude upset that chubby girls have confidence sometimes, and how it's bad.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Picnic Princess posted:

I think the context was mocking a dude upset that chubby girls have confidence sometimes, and how it's bad.

Looks like a real meeting of the minds here in the ol' comments section

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
There's literally no way Hillary Clinton knows who Megan Thee Stallion is, unless the Qanon poo poo is true and that's what children are listening to when she personally kidnaps them.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1470169308248616960?s=20

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Snapchat lets users upload filters. As with everything left up to internet users, it's always a bad idea.:nws:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

There's literally no way Hillary Clinton knows who Megan Thee Stallion is, unless the Qanon poo poo is true and that's what children are listening to when she personally kidnaps them.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1470169308248616960?s=20

She definitely doesn’t but whatever intern runs her Twitter does

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Joey Freshwater posted:

She definitely doesn’t but whatever intern runs her Twitter does

I choose to believe Clinton personally uploaded this in 2016

Only registered members can see post attachments!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Coolness Averted posted:

I choose to believe Clinton personally uploaded this in 2016

Alternatively: She really wants this taken down but all of her media interns have lied to her saying that they don't know how or that people can't delete their own tweets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

christmas boots posted:

Alternatively: She really wants this taken down but all of her media interns have lied to her saying that they don't know how or that people can't delete their own tweets.

But Her Tweets