Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ship the Bengals back to Ohio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The bengals have been relegated and the Titans are moving on up to the AFC North.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
So everyone but the Browns lost this week. But it still feels like the Browns lost in a way. So we all lost.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Browns just keep winning

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

wilderthanmild posted:

So everyone but the Browns lost this week. But it still feels like the Browns lost in a way. So we all lost.

Browns should hang their heads in shame for almost losing that one.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

For this one glorious week, the Browns and Titans are not from Ohio

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
We need the Colts and somehow Patriots to get out of the playoffs and make room for the Bengals and Browns assuming the Ravens get in. But since the Colts are facing off against the Patriots I don't see how that can happen.

This being said the Browns face the Raiders, the Packers, the Steelers, and the Bengals. Our Defense is going to need to be top notch, rattle Carr, get to Rodgers, end Ben's career in tears. I don't know how our offense is going to get it going because it needs to destroy the Packers and Raiders to stand a chance. The Steelers are the tough one since they pretty much always have the Browns number.

Our coaching isn't a difference maker to overcome. It's gonna be on the Defense and somehow, somehow running our way through which means we need Conklin back and a healthy O-Line.

Gonna have to win out to stand a chance.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

gently caress me

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
death to zac

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Gatts posted:

We need the Colts and somehow Patriots to get out of the playoffs and make room for the Bengals and Browns assuming the Ravens get in. But since the Colts are facing off against the Patriots I don't see how that can happen.

This being said the Browns face the Raiders, the Packers, the Steelers, and the Bengals. Our Defense is going to need to be top notch, rattle Carr, get to Rodgers, end Ben's career in tears. I don't know how our offense is going to get it going because it needs to destroy the Packers and Raiders to stand a chance. The Steelers are the tough one since they pretty much always have the Browns number.

Our coaching isn't a difference maker to overcome. It's gonna be on the Defense and somehow, somehow running our way through which means we need Conklin back and a healthy O-Line.

Gonna have to win out to stand a chance.

Definitely can't assume the Ravens get in. We play the Packers, Rams, @Bengals(where we notoriously struggle), and the Steelers. There's like one possible win in there unless we turn in some amazing unexpected performance. Even if we're playing ok those first three games aren't sure wins. Ravens will be 2-4 in the division at best and likely will lose tiebreakers to the Bengals and Browns.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I am 100% certain the North is only sending one team.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

I am 100% certain the North is only sending one team.

Maybe two, buts it's hard when basically we all play each other for half our remaining games. Basically sending any more than 1 is like we all win all our non AFCN games and split the AFCN games just right.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Near certain it's just the Browns. They still get to beat up on the Steelers, They play the Raiders who are tailspinning, and they have the Bengals #.

I'll still take the Bengals over the Broncos and Ravens, but I figure after that we lose out and I don't think 9 and 8 gets a wild card. Ravens have a roster's worth of players on IR and Steelers are bad.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Eifert Posting posted:

Near certain it's just the Browns. They still get to beat up on the Steelers

??????????????????????????????????????

???????

?

????????

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
the bengals have won the super bowl

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

a patagonian cavy posted:

the bengals have won the super bowl

but has the super bowl won the bengals?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Not going to lie, having your team poo poo away a golden opportunity to secure a division lead for like the third time in a year is very annoying.

These turnovers are nuts.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i havent watched any games but im getting strong team of destiny vibes from the baltimore ravens

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think the Browns have a good chance of being the only AFCN team to make the playoff and all they have to do in not gently caress up in the 3/4 of their remaining games while every other afc team gently caress up big time in all of their games

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ravens and Bengals are positioning themselves to eliminate the other with their last game of the season depending on how their other division game goes. Can the ravens beat the Steelers in the finale???

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
If the Browns go 1-2(reasonable), the Bengals go 2-1(Reasonable), Steelers go 1-2(Reasonable) and the Ravens go 0-3(Probably the least reasonable but also the funniest) the division comes down to Bengals@Browns in week 18.

That is guaranteed to be the clownballiest AFCN game in history. It's just fate that it will happen.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Battle for the soul of Ohio and the AFC North

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

Not going to lie, having your team poo poo away a golden opportunity to secure a division lead for like the third time in a year is very annoying.

These turnovers are nuts.

Last year I could deal with but I'm super choked how they've played like such fuckin assholes recently

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I want to find a scenario where all teams are in a dead heat going into week 18 and the result of the division comes down to insane tie breakers and all 4 teams have to hope for different combinations of teams winning/losing.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I want to get to that elusive coin toss to break a tie.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ravens going 0-3 probably pretty reasonable--though if we have a QB who doesnt have the yips it might make an upset win more likely. Maybe against the Rams who sometimes play down.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

i havent watched any games but im getting strong team of destiny vibes from the baltimore ravens

The problem is that destiny appears to be 8-9

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

Ravens going 0-3 probably pretty reasonable--though if we have a QB who doesnt have the yips it might make an upset win more likely. Maybe against the Rams who sometimes play down.

I think Ravens can go 1-2 in that stretch(With Browns and Bengals winning another game as well) and essentially the same scenario happens, except that Cinci is all but guaranteed a playoff spot at that point and Cleveland is in a scenario where a win and they are in, but a loss and they are out. In that scenario, if Browns and Ravens win, we very very likely get 3 AFCN teams in the playoffs With Browns, Bengals, Ravens(Probably, based on other teams) making it in. If the Steelers have gone 2-1 leading up to that game, and they win, they can get in with much better odds if the Browns lose than if they win.

This is probably the most complicated scenario I can see happening.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

sharknado slashfic posted:

The problem is that destiny appears to be 8-9

8-9 and a superbowl mvp for tyler huntley

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
This is still mathematically possible apparently?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

AFC Playoffs: It's just the 7 AFC North teams

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Bills are the closest to an AFCN team in the AFCE.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

wilderthanmild posted:

I think Ravens can go 1-2 in that stretch(With Browns and Bengals winning another game as well) and essentially the same scenario happens, except that Cinci is all but guaranteed a playoff spot at that point and Cleveland is in a scenario where a win and they are in, but a loss and they are out. In that scenario, if Browns and Ravens win, we very very likely get 3 AFCN teams in the playoffs With Browns, Bengals, Ravens(Probably, based on other teams) making it in. If the Steelers have gone 2-1 leading up to that game, and they win, they can get in with much better odds if the Browns lose than if they win.

This is probably the most complicated scenario I can see happening.

Who do you think the Ravens are most likely to beat out of the Packers, Bengals and Rams? I think most would say Bengals but the Ravens have a lot of problems with them when they are good especially in Cincinnati. And of course we were real bad against them in the first game when Lamar wasn't playing poorly yet.

The Packers I just don't see with how Rodgers is playing and our secondary being so banged up and no consistent pass rush.

Rams to me is the best bet and that depends on them playing down to their competition.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

Who do you think the Ravens are most likely to beat out of the Packers, Bengals and Rams? I think most would say Bengals but the Ravens have a lot of problems with them when they are good especially in Cincinnati. And of course we were real bad against them in the first game when Lamar wasn't playing poorly yet.

The Packers I just don't see with how Rodgers is playing and our secondary being so banged up and no consistent pass rush.

Rams to me is the best bet and that depends on them playing down to their competition.

Packers is likely an L for both of us. They just seem too good, though the Bears managed to clown on them for a bit last night so maybe with the same luck Ravens or Browns could do the same.

I'd say Rams, maybe Bengals? I don't think my Bengals@Browns AFCNCG scenario is possible if they beat the Bengals though.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Knowing the Ravens this year we will somehow come out against the Packers and look unbelievable and beat them soundly. Then get our asses kicked by the Bengals and Rams. Bonus points if Huntley plays against the Packers and then Lamar is back for the other two.

And then top things off by giving Roethlisberger the Derek Jeter treatment.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

wilderthanmild posted:

This is still mathematically possible apparently?

Doing the lords work

If you don’t want an all-AFCN divisional round then you can go right to hell

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hope the Bengals win the superbowl in February and we all die of covid in March.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

nah forget jeter. lets give the bettis treatment. 7-5 at the half of the season and then team of destiny!

....6-6-1 is kinda like that..

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Barreft posted:

nah forget jeter. lets give the bettis treatment. 7-5 at the half of the season and then team of destiny!

....6-6-1 is kinda like that..

Subscribe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Can someone please explain amos zereoue though? I think he was on the steelers for a day and most of his pro career was in nfl europe?