Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I forgot about the cum truck video and have been laughing about it for the past 15 minutes. My question is more of a request, please link me to the wrestling videos you find funny as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8xKvmDx9cQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Havoc904 posted:

I forgot about the cum truck video and have been laughing about it for the past 15 minutes. My question is more of a request, please link me to the wrestling videos you find funny as hell.

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadlockpw/comments/q4rupw/arn_anderson_feeling_different/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

"I shoulda finished, but I'm just too drat old."

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Renaissance Spam posted:

We actually got 2 Shield reruns in Absolution and the Riott Squad, because WWE loves trying to recreate things without understanding why they worked.

I don't think those were Shield reruns so much as just 'let's throw a bunch of attractive women together to get more of them on tv at once', and hell, it could have worked. Putting two rookies with Paige was a great idea! They could have been a big deal!

But they very quickly became jobbers (even before Paige's injury) which I still don't really get and then when Paige's in-ring career ended they made sure to have her poo poo all over Absolution so... :shrug:

The funniest part about the two groups IMO is that they debuted them on back-to-back nights which I still think is hilarious. Yeah sure let's debut two similar women's stables one right after the other, no one is going to notice. :v:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Here is a stupid, possibly upsetting question:

Cody was married to Brandi during his WWE tenure.

Knowing how insanely racist both the company and it's management is, did either of them ever cop any flack for being in a mixed-race marriage? Or even taking the racism out of it, (which is hard to do in WWE), did either of them get into trouble/punished for dating/being married whilst both were employed by WWE. Him as a wrestler, her as an announcer.

And if, as I suspect, so. Has either of them talked about it publicly?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Vandar posted:

I don't think those were Shield reruns so much as just 'let's throw a bunch of attractive women together to get more of them on tv at once', and hell, it could have worked. Putting two rookies with Paige was a great idea! They could have been a big deal!

But they very quickly became jobbers (even before Paige's injury) which I still don't really get and then when Paige's in-ring career ended they made sure to have her poo poo all over Absolution so... :shrug:

The funniest part about the two groups IMO is that they debuted them on back-to-back nights which I still think is hilarious. Yeah sure let's debut two similar women's stables one right after the other, no one is going to notice. :v:
At first I thought you were mixing up ill-fated women's trios, because Submission SororityTeam PCB (Paige/Charlotte/Becky Lynch) and Team B.A.D. (Natalya/Tamina/Sasha Banks) all debuted in one State of the Divas Division segment on the same episode of Raw, but two and a half years later they did the exact same thing with Absolution and Riott Squad debuting on back to back nights.

Mostly I'm just impressed they didn't debut a second Toxic Attraction on the same night of NXT 2.0

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

BrigadierSensible posted:

Here is a stupid, possibly upsetting question:

Cody was married to Brandi during his WWE tenure.

Knowing how insanely racist both the company and it's management is, did either of them ever cop any flack for being in a mixed-race marriage? Or even taking the racism out of it, (which is hard to do in WWE), did either of them get into trouble/punished for dating/being married whilst both were employed by WWE. Him as a wrestler, her as an announcer.

And if, as I suspect, so. Has either of them talked about it publicly?

I don't know if they ever caught flack for it, but at least at one point, the WWE were going to put them on-screen together. I can't find it right now, because searching for it either brings up Iron Man 2 clips or stuff with Ricky Starks or Tony Khan, but there's a promo video floating around that the WWE never aired with Cody as a Tony Stark type character, and Brandi as his Pepper, complete with a ripoff of the Stark Industries logo. So, at the very least, they were okay enough to consider making them an on-screen package.

(Seriously though, I have no idea how to search Youtube for that promo video lol. 'Cody Rhodes Tony Stark' and 'Cody Rhodes Iron Man' don't help, and neither does 'Cody Rhodes canceled WWE promo'. Does anyone else know the clip I'm talking about and have it handy?)

Edge & Christian posted:

At first I thought you were mixing up ill-fated women's trios, because Submission SororityTeam PCB (Paige/Charlotte/Becky Lynch) and Team B.A.D. (Natalya/Tamina/Sasha Banks) all debuted in one State of the Divas Division segment on the same episode of Raw, but two and a half years later they did the exact same thing with Absolution and Riott Squad debuting on back to back nights.

Mostly I'm just impressed they didn't debut a second Toxic Attraction on the same night of NXT 2.0

Wasn't there a third team in the State of the Divas Division thing? Like, didn't they bring up a ton of NXT women and pair them off with main roster women, and there were so many they just settled for putting them into several different factions that night, or am I remembering wrong?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Vandar posted:

Wasn't there a third team in the State of the Divas Division thing? Like, didn't they bring up a ton of NXT women and pair them off with main roster women, and there were so many they just settled for putting them into several different factions that night, or am I remembering wrong?

Team Bella was the third team which was the Bellas and Alicia Fox.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

that womens debut segment always reminds me that they reused the backing track from the TEAM BAD song for the street profits song

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

BrigadierSensible posted:

I could almost guarantee the WWE teaming Seth and Roman up again to try and get a nostalgia pop for The Shield, and depending on how stupid they are, even trying to retcon that Mox wasn't there/wasn't a big part of it.

I'm not sure if it was a rights issue or erasure, but in the New Day comic book that came out a little bit back, every time the Shield appeared, Ambrose/Mox's face was always hidden behind something or drawn from behind.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Havoc904 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3OY2GQ-d_E

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WWE's inability to name factions anything other than "Team [name]" might be one of the biggest tells of how terrible their creative is.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Endless Mike posted:

WWE's inability to name factions anything other than "Team [name]" might be one of the biggest tells of how terrible their creative is.

Are they still doing this? That period where everything was "Team" something because some idiot in the company saw Twilight and the fandom there was exhausting, especially when most of those names would have been completely fine without "Team" affixed.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, the whole "Team _____" was because of Twilight with Team Edward and Team Jacob. They only stopped doing it within the last couple years as far as I can tell.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yeah, the whole "Team _____" was because of Twilight with Team Edward and Team Jacob. They only stopped doing it within the last couple years as far as I can tell.

I always figured it was also a trademark thing. Like it's easier to trademark the phrase Team Hell No than just Hell No.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

IIRC it was specifically Stephanie who insisted on it

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Sometimes they couldn't even get that right. It should've been Team Friendship, not Team Hell No. What a loving duff name.

I remember someone on here said Team Rhodes Scholars should've been called "The Intelli-Gents," and they were right, damnit.

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

edogawa rando posted:

Sometimes they couldn't even get that right. It should've been Team Friendship, not Team Hell No. What a loving duff name.

I remember someone on here said Team Rhodes Scholars should've been called "The Intelli-Gents," and they were right, damnit.

I believe Team Hell No actually won a fan poll. Blame Twitter morons.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Hell No was a perfect name actually :colbert:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Q7kid posted:

I believe Team Hell No actually won a fan poll. Blame Twitter morons.

Air Boom

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Honestly, their theme low key slapped.

It'd be neat to see Kofi and Sydal team again one of these days.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rujasu posted:

Hell No was a perfect name actually :colbert:

Correct, except that their name was Team Hell No.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly, their theme low key slapped.

It'd be neat to see Kofi and Sydal team again one of these days.

You could say it was all about the boom

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

When/How did Adam Cole get his mannerisms over so that it's gotten to where there's such a big crowd reaction to it?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

When/How did Adam Cole get his mannerisms over so that it's gotten to where there's such a big crowd reaction to it?

He's basically been honing the same set of mannerisms since 2014, so when is 2014-2021 and where is PWG, ROH, NXT, and AEW.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

He said the story behind it in the aew podcast he did earlier this year. I forgot what it was but if you want to go listen there's the source.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

TV Zombie posted:

By being the epitome of an adorable snugglebunny. That's how.

I mean look at him. Doncha just wanna pick him up and give him a squeeze?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
"Adam Cole is a void of personality who is a good wrestler with a poo poo signature move. The Panama Sunrise gives Destroyers a bad name. He can say "Adam Cole," "Bay Bay" and "Boom" and the crowd will say the same things along with him."

But I can't say this here or people will mock me for it. So please pretend I'm quoting and mocking someone. I put it in quotes to make that easier for you.

E: Oops, this is not the Bad Takes thread, silly me, haha.

E2: He got over because wrestling fans like chanting things.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Dec 14, 2021

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Adam Cole is a boring character that is basically what people act like Mike Bennett was, a cartoonish WWF "zero substance wrestler" but on the indies (and then in the fed and now in AEW) with maybe the worst finish on god's green earth. But people love pattern recognition so he's incredibly popular.

or:

IGgy IGsen posted:

"Adam Cole is a void of personality who is a good wrestler with a poo poo signature move. The Panama Sunrise gives Destroyers a bad name. He can say "Adam Cole," "Bay Bay" and "Boom" and the crowd will say the same things along with him."

E2: He got over because wrestling fans like chanting things.

this but unironically.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Why does he have to do a bunny hop before his Canadian Destroyer? Doesn't the setup make the move less surprising?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's a bad move, op.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
It's the Pittsburgh Sunrise you dweebs

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The Cringe Sunrise

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Halloween Jack posted:

Why does he have to do a bunny hop before his Canadian Destroyer? Doesn't the setup make the move less surprising?

It's not a sneak attack.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Adam Cole hot take: he's really good in street fights and hardcore matches. His 40 minute technical epics are a chore to get through. That second Gargano match really soured me on NXT.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Whether or not the Michaels Era of NXT was good or bad, we all have to agree that staring desolately at your own hands wondering when this monster replaced the man you were, in a vacuum, as a storytelling tool, completely rules and is ownage.

Now should it occur in minute 36 of a 12 minute match? Probably not.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

It bummed me out how much work went into Gargano/Cole matches and how little I ended up caring. I appreciated the cardio and all but jeez, enough already

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

now, a question: I know the original idea for the WWE Championship at Mania 35 was Bryan/KO, before Kofi happened. What was the plan for that match? Bryan probably retains?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Hadn't Owens been gone for a while and only just returned as a face doing the stunner? Face Owens was quite refreshing so would have been a good fit for the title at the time.

So WWE probably were going have him lose.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

karmicknight posted:

Adam Cole is a boring character that is basically what people act like Mike Bennett was, a cartoonish WWF "zero substance wrestler" but on the indies (and then in the fed and now in AEW) with maybe the worst finish on god's green earth. But people love pattern recognition so he's incredibly popular.

or:

this but unironically.

clowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
thinking Adam cole is bad 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩