Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
A Mustang based Lincoln just reminds me of the Corvette based Cadillac. The XLR:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

opengl128 posted:

I'm struggling to come up with a reason you can't road trip a Mustang, unless you need room for more than 2 people. Tons of room up front, big trunk, reasonable highway mileage.

I drove a 2012 GT500 3400 miles from Ohio to Washington and it was fun and good.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Powershift posted:

The next mustang is claimed to be on the same platform as the aviator, does that count?

considering they dont make what I want and Im fully sold on Audis now, no.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Buying an F-250 today because I mean what if some day I want a giant boat so I better dictate what I own now based on a hazy potential future years from now.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Wheeee posted:

Buying an F-250 today because I mean what if some day I want a giant boat so I better dictate what I own now based on a hazy potential future years from now.

But what if you want to autocross some day? :ohdear:

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Makes me wonder why there isn't a Lincoln Mark E yet.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Zero One posted:

A Mustang based Lincoln just reminds me of the Corvette based Cadillac. The XLR:

I liked those. I don't remember if they're actually good cars or not though.

Bring back the Mercury Capri / Cougar

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Charles posted:

I liked those. I don't remember if they're actually good cars or not though.

Bring back the Mercury Capri / Cougar

my dad has two, they're fine

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Wheeee posted:

This reminds me of the guy I know who bought a fully loaded F-350 dually with a small trailer to tow his new Harley to Sturgis

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

This reminds me of the guy I know who bought a fully loaded F-350 dually with a small trailer to tow his new Harley to Sturgis

I'm not a Sturgis Harley guy, but it's crossed my mind that the Maverick Hybrid is probably the best motorcycle tow vehicle in the world. 40mpg empty, 2000 lb tow capacity with pickup-style hitch ergonomics. I wonder how it does towing ~1k lbs.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Regarding Mustang back seats, for me personally they're Fine for rare backseat passengers. I wouldn't pass on it just because I might, rarely, have a third or fourth passenger. They're usable, especially if we're talking about, say, going to eat at work with a larger than normal group.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Zero One posted:

IIRC think they sold like poo poo but it's still a good idea. Most of the performance of the Corvette without the garbage interior or wobbly body parts for the more refined public.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'd be extremely interested to see what Cadillac's C8 would look like :thunk:

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Jack B Nimble posted:

Regarding Mustang back seats, for me personally they're Fine for rare backseat passengers. I wouldn't pass on it just because I might, rarely, have a third or fourth passenger. They're usable, especially if we're talking about, say, going to eat at work with a larger than normal group.

This has been my experience, they're fine in a pinch for drives to lunch or similar.

Twerk from Home posted:

I'm not a Sturgis Harley guy, but it's crossed my mind that the Maverick Hybrid is probably the best motorcycle tow vehicle in the world. 40mpg empty, 2000 lb tow capacity with pickup-style hitch ergonomics. I wonder how it does towing ~1k lbs.

LOL @ your typical harley boomer buying a small hybrid truck.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

IIRC think they sold like poo poo but it's still a good idea. Most of the performance of the Corvette without the garbage interior or wobbly body parts for the more refined public.

You say that, but don't look up the cost of replacement taillights.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Twerk from Home posted:

I'd hope it'd be fine. I towed a HF trailer with a Tuono 1000R and Yamaha R6 with a 2016 VW GTI for thousands of miles issue free.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

mobby_6kl posted:

I think it's based on a C5 Corvette, not a C6. It came out before the C6 did.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me

mobby_6kl posted:

This is GM we're talking about. You know the Corv-illac interior was a little different but equally lovely. I've seen some videos about working on these cars and some pretty mundane stuff gets very expensive in a hurry because of the rarity and the transmission-in-the-back layout.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

BlackMK4 posted:

I'd hope it'd be fine. I towed a HF trailer with a Tuono 1000R and Yamaha R6 with a 2016 VW GTI for thousands of miles issue free.

Yeah, I was curious about fuel economy while towing, it's well within the Maverick's capabilities given that the platform can do 4000 lbs towing with the 2.0T engine.

The hybrid seems like it might be capable of doing >30mpg towing on the freeway potentially.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Twerk from Home posted:

Yeah, I was curious about fuel economy while towing, it's well within the Maverick's capabilities given that the platform can do 4000 lbs towing with the 2.0T engine.

The hybrid seems like it might be capable of doing >30mpg towing on the freeway potentially.

It's only rated at 30mpg highway empty. no way it does that towing.

I say "only" but it really is phenomenal all around if you're just throwing muddy bikes or muddy children in the box, which i think really is the purpose.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Dec 13, 2021

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Powershift posted:

It's only rated at 30mpg highway empty. no way it does that towing.

I say "only" but it really is phenomenal all around if you're just throwing muddy bikes or muddy children in the box, which i think really is the purpose.

Oh, I hadn't seen actual EPA numbers other than their 40MPG headline target for city. I checked last week and it wasn't on fueleconomy.gov yet.

What are the final numbers?

I dug for my own answers: 42 city / 33 highway / 37 combined. Hot drat!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38017782/ford-maverick-hybrid-42-mpg-epa-city-fuel-economy/

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Twerk from Home posted:

Oh, I hadn't seen actual EPA numbers other than their 40MPG headline target for city. I checked last week and it wasn't on fueleconomy.gov yet.

What are the final numbers?

I was actually going by the 40city/30mpg they initially advertised

offical EPA is 42 city/33 highway for the 2wd hybrid which is even crazier considering diminishing returns.

It's 22 city/29 highway for the awd turbo

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Will the Maverick haul a quad or dirt bikes with the tailgate down? Seems like the most perfect lil lifestyle vehicle on the market for a lot of people.

It's crazy how Ford can churn out so much absolute garbage poo poo with near Tesla-tier build quality, yet when they actually put effort into a product like the F-150 or Bronco or Mustang make something world-class. The Bronco Sport, for all the derision it gets from internet car nerds, looks like a better Subaru than modern Subaru.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

mobby_6kl posted:

nah, still kinda garbage interior

it's gm

PBCrunch posted:

This is GM we're talking about. You know the Corv-illac interior was a little different but equally lovely. I've seen some videos about working on these cars and some pretty mundane stuff gets very expensive in a hurry because of the rarity and the transmission-in-the-back layout.

this, head lights, magnetic suspension, drop top, etc etc

higher maintenance costs, all the gm goodness

my old man has a silver one with ~150k miles on it and a black one with ~45k.

The black one just got bumped in the parking lot and finding a new bumper has been a helluva thing

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wheeee posted:

Will the Maverick haul a quad or dirt bikes with the tailgate down? Seems like the most perfect lil lifestyle vehicle on the market for a lot of people.

It's crazy how Ford can churn out so much absolute garbage poo poo with near Tesla-tier build quality, yet when they actually put effort into a product like the F-150 or Bronco or Mustang make something world-class. The Bronco Sport, for all the derision it gets from internet car nerds, looks like a better Subaru than modern Subaru.

It should quite easily.

looking for pictures, i found this.

That Honda Talon it's towing is more expensive than a turbo AWD maverick.

The base model Honda Talon is more expensive than the base model Maverick.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Single axle trailers larger than like a lawn size thing always sketch me out

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Powershift posted:

It should quite easily.

looking for pictures, i found this.

That Honda Talon it's towing is more expensive than a turbo AWD maverick.

The base model Honda Talon is more expensive than the base model Maverick.

badass

found this as well:

i kinda want one tbh, i love driving a truck for being able to toss poo poo in the back and bash it around without worrying about it breaking but also hate driving a truck because they've all gotten so loving huge, so it'll be interesting to see how the Maverick holds up to abuse

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

mobby_6kl posted:

you'd think, but the C5 interior was just kind of cheap and unpleasant in a budget performance car. The XLR interior was nasty and low rent in an expensive car so it was even worse.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Not to mention spending all that extra money for the privilege of replacing the reliable, potent small block with a loving Northstar.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Cadillac heard the complaints about parts binning and made a car with everything important being bespoke.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

It was a misread of what failed with the Allante, which was a parts bin of all the best global parts regardless of manufacturer. Not sure why they thought they would get a different result by making everything bespoke.

Full disclosure - former Allante owner.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Wheeee posted:

We bought a Mach-E a few weeks ago and it’s a much nicer car than I thought Ford was capable of building. Public charging infrastructure is still kind of a mess but the car itself feels quite premium and it’s drives well and is comfortable.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Wheeee posted:

Pretty much every major manufacturer has given us enough reason to believe they can, in fact, make whatever they put their mind to making, which makes it all the more frustrating when you look at how many vehicles are absolute trash. It's not that they can't do better, it's that they choose not to.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

PT6A posted:

Pretty much every major manufacturer has given us enough reason to believe they can, in fact, make whatever they put their mind to making, which makes it all the more frustrating when you look at how many vehicles are absolute trash. It's not that they can't do better, it's that they choose not to.

What is Nissan's good vehicle?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Uhhhh the GT-R?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
370z is acceptable

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Leaf was low-key the turning point for mass-market EVs

Wheeee fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 13, 2021

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
The new 400z looks great too.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Twerk from Home posted:

What is Nissan's good vehicle?

Titan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb0bL-Btmuo

I normally don't give a poo poo about drag race content, but Throttle house did a comparison recently including an M4, RS5, and GT-R. Complain all you want it's gotten old and expensive, you're not wrong, but this just proves how good crazy the car was, is, and can be with insane tuning potential.

"All this, and it has the sameplate as a Nissan Versa" - Jeremy Clarkson, probably