Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I don't think P5R is ever likely to happen on Switch, I'd love to be wrong but it's a PS4/5 game and it seems like they might have to do a ton of work to get it running on Switch that they probably feel isn't worth it (I'm not a tech guy so I can't say for sure but I can imagine that the Switch being a weaker system means that it'd be rough).

On the other hand I feel like there's no excuse for not giving us P3P or at least FES and P4 vanilla if not Golden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Persona 5 was actually designed around the PS3 so getting it to work on a Switch shouldn’t be that difficult. Strikers got a Switch port and I feel like that game is more demanding technically.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

P4G on consoles when :(

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
loving doom eternal is on the switch

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Things like that are certainly doable if you have the technical knowhow like idsoft does but have you seen how SMT5 runs on the Switch?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

I don't think P5R is ever likely to happen on Switch, I'd love to be wrong but it's a PS4/5 game and it seems like they might have to do a ton of work to get it running on Switch that they probably feel isn't worth it (I'm not a tech guy so I can't say for sure but I can imagine that the Switch being a weaker system means that it'd be rough).

On the other hand I feel like there's no excuse for not giving us P3P or at least FES and P4 vanilla if not Golden.

Alright you convinced me. I will accept P5R on PC now.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/12/rumour-persona-3-portable-is-supposedly-getting-a-multiplatform-remaster

God I hope this is real, let me play as my girl again!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Cool if true, I hope they implement features from at least P4(G) like party member Social Links granting perks beyond increased fusion exp, manual skill inheritance, skill cards, etc.

And if I'm really gonna reach for the stars, allow the non-Wild Card party members to swap out skills like in P5S. That was a really cool feature I really hope makes it into the mainline games.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

They could honestly just do a remake of P3 and everyone would devour it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I will not buy P3 for a fourth time.

...Unless they completely remake it, completely rewrite most social links, solve my problems with the characters, and let me be gay in it. And a girl.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The only problem with a P3P remake is that it'd be giving Vic Mignogna more work.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

ApplesandOranges posted:

The only problem with a P3P remake is that it'd be giving Vic Mignogna more work.

:emptyquote:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There is no way he'd reprise the role is my thinking

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Yeah, most studios seem to have dropped Mignogna like a hot rock so I don't think there's much risk of that.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ApplesandOranges posted:

That's an easy fix: just replace the creep with someone who doesn't suck, it's happened before and hopefully will happen again.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I think I talked about this during my last attempt at P3P (which I have to do again because I lost my save again) but Liam O'Brien is so clearly inexperienced in P3. As someone who also watched a ton of Naruto back then - Gaara's introduction in the dubbed anime coming out right around the same time as P3's release - both have this weird nasally quality to them that he gets rid of later.

My point is, in a P3 remake, he'd unquestionably be way better in his role as Akihiko. So that be cool.

As for who could play Junpei....just picking out of a hat from other SMT Bros, the dub voice fo Atsuro or Daichi maybe.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

We're all making a rather odd assumption that they wouldn't just reuse the old voice clips. The only reason for them not to do that is if they're adding significant content (like a version of The Answer that includes FeMC)

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Travis Willingham also stopped doing Theodore, so they'd have to either just use his old clips from P3P or have Bryce Pappenbrook redo all his lines.

I think, Junpei aside, P3 is so old that quite a few of the VAs can't reprise their roles as well as they used to.

Michelle Ruff can't do Yukari as well as she could before, which is a bit more noticeable in P3DAN.

But yeah, I imagine they could get away with reusing old voice clips as much as possible. I'm not too familiar with how VAing works though but do they still have to pay the VAs for re-using their lines? Like royalties or something?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm not too familiar with how VAing works though but do they still have to pay the VAs for re-using their lines? Like royalties or something?

Ha. Hahahaha.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

alright I found something I'm more annoyed that we aren't getting than P4G Switch:

https://twitter.com/subarashow/status/1469752415880724483

I don't care how annoying he is that's an adorable plush and I want one

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That's an easy fix: just replace the creep with someone who doesn't suck, it's happened before and hopefully will happen again.

sounds like an excellent excuse to give Johnny Yong Bosch a call

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I miss Liam OBrien in my anime games

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

I hope it’s a merger of FES and P3P.
That’s be a ton of extra work on the FEMC side for redoing cutscenes in the 3D spaces though.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Tired Moritz posted:

I miss Liam OBrien in my anime games

Same.

Also, Yuri Lowenthal. It was very silly when he was everywhere, but now he's just about nowhere and it feels wrong.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Yuri Lowenthal is still in a lot of Fire Emblem.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Lotus Aura posted:

Same.

Also, Yuri Lowenthal. It was very silly when he was everywhere, but now he's just about nowhere and it feels wrong.

I was just talking about this with a buddy of mine but instead I said Steven Blum and Crispin Freeman.

All those 2000s guys ae gone it seems like.

What's Johnny Yong Bosch doing these days? He's Sabo in One Piece but that's all I got.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Yuri is still Sasuke in the never-ending series of Boruto, he's just been the Spider-man for marvel properties since that pays a billion times better than most anime dubs

He's also a major character and combat narrator for Genshin Impact.

JYB is still incredibly active in the japanese property scene: https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Johnny-Yong-Bosch/

edit: Also crispin freeman is still doing anime: https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Crispin-Freeman/ but I understand this thread not watching Demon slayer cause we're boomers

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Replacing him with Johnny Yong Bosch and following in the footsteps of the Broly recast would be funny.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Give me Persona 2 dammit.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Just got to the Third Term in Persona 5 Royal for the first time and I'm pretty dissapointing by how akward, stilted and tacked on it feels. what was the general concesus about this? Im actually having a hard time finding takes online.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Just got to the Third Term in Persona 5 Royal for the first time and I'm pretty dissapointing by how akward, stilted and tacked on it feels. what was the general concesus about this? Im actually having a hard time finding takes online.

I thought that entire segment sucked and doesn't feel like it fit.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

I liked it :shobon:
And the awkwardness is justified by the game itself anyway.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
"stilted and awkward" describes most of the game, honestly the extra content was by far the least bad, probably because they had time to properly write and translate it

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

lunar detritus posted:

I liked it :shobon:
And the awkwardness is justified by the game itself anyway.

The weird week long period where you have to go to every team member with no fast travel, have a conversation thats not voice acted, then go to bed and think about how weird everything is, rinse and repeat is explained by the plot?

I dont really care about the plot, its all anime nonsense about friendship anyway. The Design of the actual game gets so weird.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The third semester's plot is significantly better than the main game's. The design is awkward but the design is awkward for the whole game really so it didn't bother me that much.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
If nothing else, it gives you a final act that wasn't exactly the same structurally as Persona 4.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
actually that part was awkward and i agree that it doesn't really fit with the game though i think a lot of the aesthetic changes like the changes in music style are intentional, i just kind of thought it was much better written and translated than the original game which was pretty much the definition of "awkward and stilted"

not that it's really the localizers fault- there's not going to be good results when attempting to translate a game that keeps getting rewritten very close to release

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

The third semester starts off weird but eventually became my favorite part of the game. Stick with it, the story payoff and ending is very much worth it.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

The weird week long period where you have to go to every team member with no fast travel, have a conversation thats not voice acted, then go to bed and think about how weird everything is, rinse and repeat is explained by the plot?

It's a pretty good metaphor for depression with everything becoming hard and just wanting to sleep. And given the circumstances depression is very much understandable.

And there are bad translations in P5 that are just awkward in English. Also has anyone found out why they pronounce Panther's name the way they do?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Assuming you meant Ann, her and 'Sakamoto' is probably a voice direction thing, where the characters are told to pronounce it a certain way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

ApplesandOranges posted:

Assuming you meant Ann, her and 'Sakamoto' is probably a voice direction thing, where the characters are told to pronounce it a certain way.

Yes, Atlus Japan supposedly specifically told them to pronounce the Sakamoto that way at the very least.