Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

A classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

New PC doesnt have any problems, its just that my old ram (DDR3) is not compatible with the new motherboard (it accepts DDR4)

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I upgrade so infrequently that I just assume CPU/mobo/RAM are a same-time combo. I alternate those with a new GPU. So one purchase every 3-5 years, it seems. And a new case about every decade; gearing up to replace this Antec 600 that I bought in 2010.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Godholio posted:

I upgrade so infrequently that I just assume CPU/mobo/RAM are a same-time combo. I alternate those with a new GPU. So one purchase every 3-5 years, it seems. And a new case about every decade; gearing up to replace this Antec 600 that I bought in 2010.

About the same for me.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Pretty sure all these updates we're getting for OG Quake means we're likely getting a Quake reboot ala Doom 2016.

https://twitter.com/Quake/status/1466467201368481795

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

The only time I have done that in game so far, I was fortunately in the midst of touching down at a forward roadside FARP tucked between a town and a woodline. So basically jacked myself up 2 meters off the ground, landed, turned off the engine, and called the crew chief to do a 3-minute repair, before powering back up and departing.

Fun to scout and hit rear areas.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

the new quake remaster fuckin rules

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the new quake remaster fuckin rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeNrRHty-Lo

Also think I'll give this a try. GamePass added a lot of cool stuff (Evil Genius 2 for example), and also Generation Zero...which I keep playing despite it being wonky and having a godawful save system...but the setting and style is kind of cool.
https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1466489912174125056?s=20

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

stardew is good.

just remember to tell pierre to eat your entire rear end in a top hat whenever you see him (forced to twice to at least get the bag upgrades, then never again)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Buy your seeds at Joja. There's no quality difference, and they're cheaper. And Pierre is a greedy moron who's raising another man's kid.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Multi player Stardew is a bunch of fun but oh my god does it break the game over your knee. It's a straight multiplier on energy per day so that right there blows things apart but on top of that it allows specialization like "you take animals, I take crops, we get both bonuses." Still a bunch of fun though.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Do you guys have to play every day in lockstep?

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

GD_American posted:

Do you guys have to play every day in lockstep?

Yes, and things that normally pause the game (cutscenes, fishing) don't anymore. This can cause days where both of you catch the same cutscenes (likely) to have much less effective playtime than normal.

Personally, my girlfriend and I just cheat like crazy with mods to pause time. The time constraints would be a bit too much for her otherwise.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

my kiddo and i do multiplayer a bunch on switch

it makes doing a jojo run way quicker

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks for all the Stardew Tips. I just booted it up and I’m gonna give it a shot.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

first playthrough just do whatever you want, dont freak out about maxing out or missing out on poo poo or loving up.

the repeated playthroughs are what make the game so fun; making a plan and burning through days to make ancient fruit wine or running the mines asap. Find whats fun for you in the initial playthrough and try everything out a bit.

also know that stuff opens up in the world through time so dont feel weird if you see poo poo and cant do anything with it yet.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
*boots up rising storm 2 vietnam* Ahh yes, this is what I was missing: getting domed by people I don't see and playing alongside wehrmachtfan1488 (fake name) and TotenkopfDiv (actual person I played with today). Ayy lmao

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

first playthrough just do whatever you want, dont freak out about maxing out or missing out on poo poo or loving up.

Yeah, there's literally no time limit. Grampa visits you at the end of year 2 to see how you've done, but it barely affects anything and if you get an accomplishment you missed before that it counts after year 2 as well.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I just did the Ka'o Makagh shrine in BotW, and tried to solve it with an incredibly stupid solution that required way too much finagling and magnesis powers to seem like the intended solution, but I was too drat stubborn to give up.

After some more incredibly inefficient use of my time, my way actually worked out, so I looked up the intended solution on YouTube and proceeded to laugh a whole lot.

gently caress you, game designers, I found a dumber solution and still made it work. No, I don't care if that was intended to be an option for us stupid and stubborn people. I did this.
:colbert:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Also, I've bee grabbing only one heart container and instead three stamina vessels for my spirit orbs, since stamina lets me run/glide/climb much better all the time while food gives me the chance to recover in combat, so I'm planning to invest primarily in stamina, but I'm also hoping / assuming that I'll eventually be able to upgrade my warm shirt to some actual armor, because almost getting one-shot constantly is getting a bit old

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

you will get tons of cool and good armor for sure.

also the stupid solutions are encouraged in botw. the stupider the better, the devs tried to make it as open as the NES zelda as they could.

you can march right to ganon and fight him asap after the into if you want.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313729188770

if you spend $25 you can get all the amiibos that give cool stuff for BOTW, poo poo like the fierce deity armor from majoras mask and the wolf from twilight princess who acts as an ally killing with you

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think the earliest/first? accessible piece of good armor you can get is when you meet Magda and walk through her flowerbed.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

I think the earliest/first? accessible piece of good armor you can get is when you meet Magda and walk on the path through her flowerbed.

ftfy

Do NOT walk through her flowerbed :gonk:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313729188770

if you spend $25 you can get all the amiibos that give cool stuff for BOTW, poo poo like the fierce deity armor from majoras mask and the wolf from twilight princess who acts as an ally killing with you

Thanks for this, I got them for $17 shipped

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

you can scan each card once a day, and the item cards give rando stuff. You gotta scan em daily for a couple weeks to get all the armor pieces and junk

fun fact: theres more armor than inventory slots, probably because they added the xenosaga armor in later i think

also shield surfing rules

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

gently caress me, I didn't realize my XBone controller doesn't have motion sensors. Not being able to motion-target for bow & arrow was a bit of a step down, but still alright for the huge step up in ergonomics and handling vs. the stock Switch handheld controller-thing.
Then I ran into my first motion control shrine and realized "oh, gently caress...this controller literally won't work with these aspects of the game?"

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

gently caress me, I didn't realize my XBone controller doesn't have motion sensors. Not being able to motion-target for bow & arrow was a bit of a step down, but still alright for the huge step up in ergonomics and handling vs. the stock Switch handheld controller-thing.
Then I ran into my first motion control shrine and realized "oh, gently caress...this controller literally won't work with these aspects of the game?"

yeah, ds4 works fine with convertors for gyro

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Icon Of Sin posted:

ftfy

Do NOT walk through her flowerbed :gonk:

I did not.

But I also didn't get any armor from her. :colbert:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWI-Uv1EDsU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yeah, ds4 works fine with convertors for gyro

I'm kinda bummed now that I didn't grab a DS4 last year to play controller-games on my PC.
Guess I might just shell out the 50 bucks for a Switch Pro Controller, reviews look pretty good, the "worst" issues seem to range around "just okay" instead of "good", which is fine for me. Biggest selling point for me would probably be that its layout and feel is almost the same as the Xbox 360 controller, with a really good build quality and decent battery life.

And it also gives me an NFC reader to scan these amiibo things, I guess? No idea if I'm ever gonna use those.

I just really want a comfy controller with motion support to play my Switch in bed / on my exercise bike.

/edit:
Oh, it's also compatible with my PC, I guess I'm pretty much sold on it. Probably gonna run to the store to get a feel for it and maybe just take one along off the shelf.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah just get a pro controller, you'll be much happier.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

LITERALLY EIGHT MINUTES AFTER I MADE THAT POST, AN AMAZON PACKAGE GOT DELIVERED AND IT'S A loving SWITCH PRO CONTROLLER FROM MY SECRET SATAN

ARE YOU KIDDING ME ON THAT loving TIMING

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

good now be happy

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Somebody read The Secret

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

/edit: Welp, not the Hail Satan thread

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

good now be happy

I really, really am :)

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Duzzy Funlop posted:

LITERALLY EIGHT MINUTES AFTER I MADE THAT POST, AN AMAZON PACKAGE GOT DELIVERED AND IT'S A loving SWITCH PRO CONTROLLER FROM MY SECRET SATAN

ARE YOU KIDDING ME ON THAT loving TIMING

This makes my heart happy.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Surprise twist ending :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
hail secret satan