Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Excited to gift my family Drink Mixing Minigame Merch this Christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

new grand tour special looking weird

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:
Oh wow, discounted starter sets! Let's see here, what kind of amazing discount am I able to get on this wonderful selection of ships?

Uhhh... ok

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Gotta love a 10% discount on a nonexistent game.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Mailer posted:

Looking to trade: My Promise of grass growing in Fable for your Black and White.

Back in the day when I played Black and White, I was really confused about how there were only 4 maps. I didn't know back then that it was made by legendary game developer. I expect same from squalor42 when I watch fast forward through it on youtube

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
It must be kind of fun to make up these narratives about what happened in the past in the game and how you're basically a super-spy that can detect the slightest levels of FUD-posting with your finely-tuned senses.

Is the game a disastrously managed piece of crap or is there a vast conspiracy of discontented goon whales that spend their days making CONCERN threads to destroy CIG's Net Promoter Score?

The answer is obvious.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I absolutely hate the “in stock” descriptor. This constant insistence that they’re peddling real tangible poo poo and not digital wares is driving me insane for some reason.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

BigglesSWE posted:

I absolutely hate the “in stock” descriptor. This constant insistence that they’re peddling real tangible poo poo and not digital wares is driving me insane for some reason.

Are the Crobbler shaker, drinks set, slippers and spacewhale plushy all digital items, or are they classic physical SC merch with the $40 shipping and handling surcharge per item in the order?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Kosumo posted:

Has there been any sight of Theaters of War lately?

The studio making it was acquired by Sony so it's probably dead. But I'm still hoping for a UE5 release on consoles.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Sum Mors posted:

What ever happened to Ben Lesnick, games developer? Is he still fretting over Wing Commander cartoons or whatever? Is he still "completely healthy"?

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/1470396786825211906

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
theaters of war is doing great idiots sean tracy will have it out any minu

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/9x91VRZ.gifv

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Basement Tortoises are a very serious concern for homeowners. Your lettuce just disappears every night.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Is human trafficking and slaves going to be a thing? posted:

Note: I'm not talking about us owning slaves even if I'm open for that. But lets say if a war breaks out in some systems. Could we get some special contract to get some rich people out?
Or move people for whatever reason

If there is slaves, then what is the limit? Like is it something we can move around and just that? Maybe something we see at outpost? Or can we own some?

quote:

I think slavery as well as many other things should be in SC, because it opens interesting options for Gameplay/Narrative.
Obviously, because it's 2021, there will be offended people for the sake of being offended regardless of implementation as well as the other contends of my post.

I won't mince words here: There's a reasonable chance that some kind of people will hire slaves with dark skin and "roleplay" in a rather specific way. And rest assured there will be people on Twitter, Kotaku and so on pointing it out (possibly the same one doing it in the first place, to provide the content).

The question is, should those people dictate what we can or can not have in the game and if we give them those rights, then how far does it go and what would the result look like?

Is slavery worse by default than the ability to kill someone, loot them and manipulate (drag/tractor) the ragdolled body?
What happens if someone hires his own 2nd character as NPC and "roleplays" slavery with it?
Do developers have to make sure the procedually generated NPCs for Bunker missions etc. have a "fair" distribution of skin color, despite it likely being influenced by the environment/planet?
Why is the Admiral played by Gary Oldman instead of Whoopi Goldberg?
Why can't we choose our own individual genders and have NPC use the according pronouns and have a mixture between male and female clothing independant from that... ?
How dare you kill space whales and other wild life?
Why don't we seek peaceful solutions to the conflict with the Vanduul?
Why is Tecia "Twitch" Pacheco a women of colour?

If you want to find something to create drama, you'll find it. After all, CIG went bankrupt about every year since 2014 according to some people.

What I try to point out is, having it in the game would allow "bad guys" to have slaves, possibly against their will. But it also allows the gameplay of missions to put a bullet in those "bad guys" head and free the slaves from them.

Letting chronically offended people or the fear of them decide what we can and can not have in SC is going to give us some watered down nonsense like Netflix' Cowboy Bebop adaptation, which castrated the cast and story in favor of political correctness and got cancelled right after season one.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Slavery: people being offended for the sake of being offended

e: gently caress that poster twice, because Whoopi Goldberg would be awesome as a space admiral. didn't he see her in Theodore Rex?

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

I'm reading this as a good tweet? Like he's suggesting replacement wizards so that you don't need to consume Harry Potter TERF wizards?

Also this. Ben is all right.

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/1469844540425179146

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Mirificus posted:

Why aren't CIG putting out updates?
Marketing of games depends on gamer community engagement and response, it is a competitive market and other game developers wouldn't think twice to try and drown out your efforts by 'leaking' theirs that whether truthful or not makes yours look less desirable. It IS a competitive market. When full time streamers of a game switch allegiances, that affects the market. When a community turns against it's favoured game developer and franchise, that affects the market. Going too soon makes the supporter base become jaded, some will turn bitter - haven't we seen it? Going too early with a poorly QA'd product loses more goodwill than some companies can tolerate.

There it is, the old 'they've got mountains of updates and content but they just haven't released it yet for very real and convincing reasons' canard

Dwesa posted:

They're celebrating 'Luminalia' again

Buy some 'holiday merchandise' - same as regular merchandise, but what makes it 'holiday' is the need to pre-order it so it can arrive after holidays? Or who knows!

Oh and crobbler shaker to make your own Hairy Roberts!

I've always wondered, are sales of this crap included in the funding counter on some level?

Just daydreaming about my horde of dismembered eunuch slaves I take with me everywhere in my ship and thinking of roleplaying the owning of black people, nbd #mondaythoughts

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Eagerly awaiting the switch to UE5 so we can find out the plan was always to wait for technology to catch up to Chris' vision and then port over all the Cryengine work checkmate FUDster!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

When you try and post about Star Citizen on other subreddits... posted:

This meme is an oldy but a goody. Made the mistake of trying to talk about Star Citizen on another subreddit and BOY were people mad. The amount of hate this project gets is unreal and I don't understand it. Basically everyone outside of this community thinks it is a boondoggle at best and a scam at worst...it's like, do some loving research!

We are coming up on the ten year anniversary of the most ambitious project in gaming, and they have already produced what I think is the single best experience on the market! And we aren't even 15% of the way there! I can only imagine what we are going to see over the next decade. It's going to be magical.

quote:

Part of that is the games media. If you want to stay up to date with Star Citizen the information is there. Look through the history of their youtube channel, comm link posts, reports and etc. and you have a nauseating amount of information to go through. If you're following SC on a week to week, or even month to month basis you're pretty much in the know.

One thing I've observed from as far back as 2013, is the majority of articles about Star Citizen only talk about the money. It's always about x milestone in funding. Occasionally new updates are covered but it's massively dwarfed by the talk exclusively about money. I think this is why the funding is de-emphasized on the RSI site, because they want the game to do the talking.

Even this year. Every outlet had to do a piece about Star Citizen reaching $400 million in funding. Yet they didn't have anything to cover Tony Zurovec's presentation on Quantum. There's no actual investigative work. No questions no answers, nothing.

The information is there on Star Citizen, and there's a lot of it. By now it may be a bit daunting for a newcomer but for anyone who can think for themselves, they can see the truth out in the open.

quote:

A large part of that is it's threatening to most of the AAA studios. They take in equally the same amount of money over time, however they don't publicly declare it's for that purpose and then churn out titles like cyberpunk and most recently GTA remastered debacle...

Most AAA studious are a cesspool of frathouse mentality wrapped up with severe mismanagement. If a large Indy developer matches and exceeds them. They will litterally be seen as just useless monoliths of the past.

They don't want to change. The yearly low effort COD and Fifa 20xx has lined their and their shareholders pockets year after year. - it's cheaper and easier to pay jurno's to write scathing and bs reviews on Indy competition to attempt to undermine them, then ever accept their predatory methods will one day cause them to shut down.

quote:

People with this mind set are usually ex-backers who spent way to much money on the game and put themselves into debt or got in trouble financially and blame the game for their poor financial choices and are so angry that they have had to deal with real life consequences while the game still hasn't released since 2016's first estimated release date.

No one unconditionally hates anything this much.

They are also the same people that, the second the game does release and it's a working product, they will jump back on the band wagon preaching that their a long term backer and they always believed in it.

StarCitizen might aswell be on r/wallstreetbets the way some people treat it.

quote:

For sure haters are going to be eating major crow. I mean just in the next year alone we are getting: server meshing, pyro system, salvage, repair, hacking...I could go on. 2021 CIG really pushed the pace and in 2022 we are going to see development go into overdrive.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Everybody except community around thing thinks thing is a scam, what gives :thunk:

Also: Star citizer: And we aren't even 15% of the way there!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mellow_ posted:

Oh wow, discounted starter sets! Let's see here, what kind of amazing discount am I able to get on this wonderful selection of ships?

Uhhh... ok

for all the jokes about people buying jpegs, i never really stopped to look at them and lol 40-80 bucks for any of these ugly pieces of a poo poo is hilarious. 86 bucks to fly the origami cow patty -- on sale!

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The Nomad is just an Asp X from Elite, except probably turbo bad.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

quote:

I don't understand it. Basically everyone outside of this community thinks it is a boondoggle at best and a scam at worst...

Obviously yet another case of everyone else being wrong!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
No, no he is not. Go re-read the Book of Loaf, something he bragged about writing even after all the racist, homophobic and pedophilic commentary was laid bare.

Plus he protected abusers, covered for them and banned the users that spoke up.

gently caress him.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ben Lesnick still sucks.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Where are the loving nukes already

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2021/12/toyota-owners-have-to-pay-8-mo-to-keep-using-their-key-fob-for-remote-start/

i saw this today and thought,

"heh, amateurs. if they really wanted to make money they'd sell jpegs of cars and call it Car Citizen :trustme:"

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Why the gently caress does this guy have a tick?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Dwesa posted:

They're celebrating 'Luminalia' again

Buy some 'holiday merchandise' - same as regular merchandise, but what makes it 'holiday' is the need to pre-order it so it can arrive after holidays? Or who knows!

Oh and crobbler shaker to make your own Hairy Roberts!

Honestly, I think I'd rather have a JPEG.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I can't imagine drinking out of Star Citizen glassware and not being extremely embarrassed.

.random
May 7, 2007

Popete posted:

I can't imagine drinking out of Star Citizen glassware and not being extremely embarrassed.

…that you don’t have the matching flatware and dish set, I assume you mean?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Why the gently caress does this guy have a tick?

You know how Twitter is full of nonces and nazis and creeps and incels and weirdos and misogynists and furries and

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Mirificus posted:

I mean just in the next year alone we are getting: server meshing, pyro system, salvage, repair, hacking...I could go on.

No, you aren't. You sad, dumb child

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Play posted:

No, you aren't. You sad, dumb child

well server meshing might get delayed but we voted to let CIG take the time to do it right. but we'll definitely get Pyro and repair. well, t0 repair anyhow.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

No, no he is not. Go re-read the Book of Loaf, something he bragged about writing even after all the racist, homophobic and pedophilic commentary was laid bare.

Plus he protected abusers, covered for them and banned the users that spoke up.

gently caress him.

I got one account banned from the :reddit: for calling Ben a "fat pedo". Because calling him fat is against their hate rules. To be honest I expected to be challenged on the other half of my statement instead but I guess that was not to be. :laffo:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, if you squint really, really hard he does look somewhat overweight. It must be the clothes.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

.random posted:

…that you don’t have the matching flatware and dish set, I assume you mean?

Is there a Star Citizen Vitamin's set with a mirror and steal vitamin tube yet?

How much for one with Chris and Sandi's signature, finger prints and "as used by" on it?

How limited is the stock?

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
Luminalia gift farming was nerfed by 75% -- this matters to people here who expressed intent on starting the game right now. It's the best credits jumpstart for a fresh player due to inventory loss on death as a game mechanic.

Collecting gifts isn't very lethal.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kavros posted:

Luminalia gift farming was nerfed by 75% -- this matters to people here who expressed intent on starting the game right now. It's the best credits jumpstart for a fresh player due to inventory loss on death as a game mechanic.

Collecting gifts isn't very lethal.

So they reduced the gift from 1000 aUEC to only 250?

Let me go check the ship prices...

code:
Carrack ... 26,657,500
Jump 890 ... 32,294,500
Ok, maybe not a luxury one, how about one of the starters in those packages?

code:
Nomad ... 952,800
Mustang Delta ... 763,600
Mmm, yes only 300-400 gift boxes required. What a deal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Star Citizen: I'm not talking about us owning slaves even if I'm open for that