Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Upgrade posted:

I don’t care about the period sex posts I am tired of having to scroll past replies where the person used the Reddit post as an opportunity to post ten thousand words about their boring life. You have literally every other thread in SA to talk about yourself, and an entire forum solely dedicated to that - we just don’t need to read a catalogue of every interaction with your nephew because it is somehow tangentially related to a Reddit post.

just read it on Reddit then rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

We discovered the song they play at my kid's nursery for tidy-up time, and it was like we'd discovered her activation phrase. Just immediately stopped what she was doing and all of the duplo had to get into the duplo box. It was amazing, but I know not to abuse this power otherwise it will wear out.

I also came downstairs once to find my cafetiere plunged and coffees poured. I thought the wife did it, she assumed I did. It wasn't until hours later that we reasoned the kid must have done all that by herself as a game. Kid's just love doing the things they see you doing.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Grimdude posted:

It's literally just sex but with blood and weirder odors.
And flavours!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Bug Squash posted:

We discovered the song they play at my kid's nursery for tidy-up time, and it was like we'd discovered her activation phrase. Just immediately stopped what she was doing and all of the duplo had to get into the duplo box. It was amazing, but I know not to abuse this power otherwise it will wear out.

I also came downstairs once to find my cafetiere plunged and coffees poured. I thought the wife did it, she assumed I did. It wasn't until hours later that we reasoned the kid must have done all that by herself as a game. Kid's just love doing the things they see you doing.

is it clean up clean up everybody clean up etc?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

pick owned and was simply too powerful for the sa forums

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

kntfkr posted:

is it clean up clean up everybody clean up etc?

The Tidy Up Rumba
https://youtu.be/Dhw6JDF4A0Q

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Upgrade posted:

I don’t care about the period sex posts I am tired of having to scroll past replies where the person used the Reddit post as an opportunity to post ten thousand words about their boring life. You have literally every other thread in SA to talk about yourself, and an entire forum solely dedicated to that - we just don’t need to read a catalogue of every interaction with your nephew because it is somehow tangentially related to a Reddit post.

i rly miss when people who constantly overshared about their personal horseshit itt at least had the minimal decency to be freaks

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

pick owned and was simply too powerful for the sa forums

overshare all you want, but don't call people creepy stalkers when they remember it and make fun of you later imo

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7QZgH1eP2o

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

we've run off the Picks and Mirthlesses and our just punishment is an eternity of every other page getting derailed by all the most boring dudes on earth weighing in about which barbecue sauce they consider optimal

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My scrolling finger, the pain...

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

No, post through!

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

we've run off the Picks and Mirthlesses and our just punishment is an eternity of every other page getting derailed by all the most boring dudes on earth weighing in about which barbecue sauce they consider optimal

Anyone who says sweet baby rays is a fuckin idiot.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Upgrade posted:

This dude doesn't know how to not read

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
was there a pick blowout, or did pick just quietly stop posting?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I love this thread. Sometimes the anecdotal related stories are great, sometimes I scroll on by them. The insane derails and heated arguments are fantastic too. If i just wanted to read reddit I'd read reddit.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I think you'll find it's much better to make fun of the things people post than try to tell them not to post those things

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I came back to SA on the tailend of pickposting so I have no clue what she did to engender the hatred of SA (besides being a goonette) but I think she just stopped posting one day and that was that

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I don't think anything in particular happened she probably just spotted a severely autistic dude and realized she could be watching him from the bushes instead of posting

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 13, 2021

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Am I misremembering, or did Pick's Hugh once crawl under a truck to get away from her?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I seem to remember posters getting mad at her because she was a rich white girl who posted some extremely "I'm a rich white girl and this is how the world works" takes on things she knew nothing about, but that's like thirdhand at best.

All I remember personally was the really weird autistic guy stuff and also her making everything about her in every thread I saw her in.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I am begging people to not make this thread about Pick.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ranbo das posted:

I seem to remember posters getting mad at her because she was a rich white girl who posted some extremely "I'm a rich white girl and this is how the world works" takes on things she knew nothing about, but that's like thirdhand at best.

All I remember personally was the really weird autistic guy stuff and also her making everything about her in every thread I saw her in.

there really wasn't much else to it, some dudes decided they really hated her or wanted to bang her or probably both and made it their personal crusade to follow her around the forums trying to land a dunk, so one mildly irritating Pick post in whatever thread she decided to appear in would rapidly metastasize into a Pick megathread

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I came back to SA on the tailend of pickposting so I have no clue what she did to engender the hatred of SA (besides being a goonette) but I think she just stopped posting one day and that was that

She was a trust fund baby who really hated poor people and saw herself as a superior class of person because of she wasn’t poor or something.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

She was a trust fund baby who really hated poor people and saw herself as a superior class of person because of she wasn’t poor or something.

Ah ok then that makes more sense

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ah ok then that makes more sense

as usual that is the worst possible interpretation of her and most of sa are just cowards. no i will not elaborate

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

as usual that is the worst possible interpretation of her and most of sa are just cowards. no i will not elaborate

nah that's pretty much it

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
r/relationships: pick chat

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
My forum [22P] won't get over Pick [??F], AITA?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

packetmantis posted:

What the hell is this? You'd be fine with your spouse making out with random strangers?

Ordinarily and generally, no I wouldn't. But like others already mentioned, there's specific context to this individual situation. I think I would be incredibly hurt to hear it at first but if I spent 20 years with someone and we've both been faithful, I'd suggest counseling to sort this out if need be. Divorce and immediately loving my soon to be ex wife's best friend? Nope.

Corn Tent?

WIBTA if I sued the seamstress who made my wedding dress?

quote:

Throwaway account

Long backstory super short, I'm getting married next year and could not find a gown I liked. However, I have a background in design and ended up commissioning a local seamstress to make a dress that I designed, and it's GORGEOUS. She assisted in some final tweaks, but 99.9% of the gown is my design, and we had a contract that stated I own the design. This part is important.

I "favorited" her Etsy account back when I was looking for someone to work with (and was so excited that she was local, which is why I went with her). So you can imagine my shock when I saw she had posted MY DRESS DESIGN on her site for sale by order! According to the reviews, she's sold more than one.

While I know you cannot copyright designs, we do have a legal contract that states she would not make additional dresses to sell from my design. I've spoken to a lawyer, and I would have a case because of the way it was worded. However, I'm a bit hesitant because I know you cannot technically copyright a design.

WIBTA if I went after her for this in court?

EDIT

Answers to questions I keep getting asked-

This is not a copyright issue, it is a contract law one.

I drafted the pattern.

I do not want money, I would be suing for specific performance- for her to stop selling it.

I have not spoken to her because of legal concerns. I would rather sue when she has it online and blatant than if she takes it offline

It is 100% my dress, as she’s using photos of the dress that is currently in a garment bag in my closet waiting for my wedding.

I would be sending her a C&D before a suit.

Why does it matter? From a fully financial perspective, I paid for it to be one of a kind. From an emotional perspective, the design is sentimental, plus, the dress that I have not yet worn is online for the world to see, which pisses me off.

AITA for moving neighbour’s cat poo from my front garden to theirs?

quote:

nsfw
Posted byu/nobleflame
8 hours ago
Helpful3Wholesome2Silver2
Background: neighbours have a pedigree cat that’s very expensive. Up until recently, it’s been a house-only cat. A few weeks ago, however, they’ve started letting it out for the sole purpose of its bathroom habits. Also worth pointing out that they’ve astroturfed their back garden, so the cat hasn’t got anywhere on their property to go.

It’s preferred bathroom is our front garden. Every morning I have to clean it up and it’s getting me down.

I’ve tried numerous cat deterrents, and I have absolutely no qualms with the animal itself (it’s a cat!) I’ve even spent £200 putting down slate chippings as I thought this would stop it.

In my frustration, I’ve now resorted to chucking the poo poo back onto their front garden. Today, I was caught red-handed and expressed my frustrations. The owner knew her cat was doing it (which I suspected) and claimed that it was a cat and he can do what he likes.

So, AITA?

Edit: thanks for all of the support and awards, folks! In this specific circumstance, I guess I’m not the arsehole.

Why do people nuke their relationships with their neighbors so easily? You're stuck with each other for at least 20+ years if you've bought a house and aren't renting.

AITA for not carrying on a tradition my family started with my stepfamily?

quote:

Posted byu/SereneFlowerGarden
6 hours ago
My mom died 8 years ago. She had me (17f), my sisters (14f) (12f) and my brothers (13m) (11m) with my dad. Dad is remarried. His wife has two (10f) and 9f) and together they have two (3m) (1f). When I was born mom bought me a necklace. Not a super fancy one but something that could be customized and added to and she added each of my siblings, and when they were born they got them too, with all our names on them. We all have them. We all wear them. It's something special for us.

A few months ago my stepsisters noticed my baby brothers necklace and asked him about it. He explained it was a necklace our mom gave each of us and was a tradition we had as siblings.

This brought up questions about why they and our half siblings were never included. My dad asked me about it when he remarried and I told him it wasn't something I wanted to continue with the steps. He left it there. His wife did bring it up several more times and ultimately was unhappy that I didn't want to keep it alive. Because I was always my mom's helper with them for my siblings, it was seen as changing the tradition if I didn't want to be part of it.

My dad and his wife ended up getting a different thing to symbolize the blended family. But the question ultimately came back to the tradition started by my mom. My dad asked me the other day why I didn't want to continue the tradition with the stepfamily. I told him it didn't feel right to me to continue my mom's tradition with people who are not my mom's family. He asked if that was the only reason. I admitted to him that I love my siblings more. And if I'm honest I'm not sure love comes into the relationship I have with the steps or halfs. That I don't feel very strong emotions for my step or half siblings and I see even our future adult relationships differently. He told me he was glad I was honest.

Yesterday his wife cornered me and told me her girls are still upset we didn't keep the tradition. That they feel unaccepted and like they're not true siblings and we're not a true family because I didn't want to do it for them. And she said my influence has my siblings feeling the five of us are more bonded to each other than with the steps and halfs. She said not wanting to continue it shows that I am okay with hurting people and that it makes me a very cruel person.

AITA?

LISA! You're tearing this family tradition that was started only 1 generation ago apart!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

A quick lol

quote:

My husband wants to go into inpatient hospitalization but says I can't sleep with others while he is unavailable.
(self.relationship_advice)

OK please help me solve this problem that I am having with my husband. He says he wants to ask his psychiatrist about staying at a hospital inpatient for a few months because his schizophrenia and depression are getting worse and he is having suicidal ideation. He said he wants to go there for a few months.

If I am not mistaken, sex is part of a relationship (unless you are asexual) that you should not be deprived of so I believe if he is going to be absent and unavailable, I should be able to have sex with other men but when I mention it, he makes a face and says he doesn't want me to.

What should I do in this situation? Should I just meet other guys and not tell him about it or just tell him that I will be doing it whether he likes it or not since he has made himself unavailable?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

zakharov posted:

I am begging people to not make this thread about Pick.

Pick is relevant to the thread but also creates an impossible to avoid black hole derail whenever mentioned, kind of like the dog cape viking or any form of Tree Law

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

A quick lol

this sounds like an awesome couple

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Help my partner is a miserable void of a person I have to do basic things for that spends all their effort finding fault with me how to do I save the relationship?

quote:

Relationship is deteriorating before my eyes
(self.relationship_advice)

submitted 15 minutes ago by sarahm194

Okay (im a guy...)

my partner and i have been together for 5 + years, and recently went on a break.

We have some relationship issues... and I have tried to be the best boyfriend i can, but at this point i feel like my partner doesnt appreciate or want to try to be more for me.

She doesnt really like the be physical, and isnt one to give words of affirmation, or just postitive talk... These things are really important to me.

I have done my best to appeal to her love language, like acts of service, abiding by her desires for how we live, and how we organize things, i drive her everywhere, and i try to be generally positive. But i suffer from depression, and i do my best to never let it bother her... but she just doesnt seem to be trying to be a better partner to me, and at this point im feeling lost, shes always pointing out how i need to be better, and gets frustrated, but if i point out what i need, she cries or gets incredibly upset... i have no idea how to fix this, because we used to be the perfect couple.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

A quick lol

Reddit, should I cheat on my mentally ill husband while he goes in for treatment even though he told me not to? BUT I WAAAAANNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAA

kru
Oct 5, 2003

pick was/is an rear end in a top hat but made this thread go nuts, so basically highs and lows

kru
Oct 5, 2003

what I'm saying here is basically a cool guy like me wouldnt fall for trolling :cool:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

My uncle “”modified”” my oven and it ended up setting itself ablaze and burning most of my kitchen. Can I sue him for damages?

quote:

Hey all. I’m from Florida and recently my uncle has been pestering me about the fact I don’t have a gas stove because they’re “more powerful”. So he took it upon himself to come to my house while I was at work, take the oven back to his garage, do a variety of “upgrades” to the wiring, and it ended up scorching most of my kitchen upon using it. Home owners insurance is refusing to cover the damage due to this being a negligent fire.

This was not consensual and I did not agree to this work being done. Do I have a case against him? Thanks.

OP's uncle apparently owns 6 appliance stores so I imagine that all of the ovens he sells are this way

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
if you don't jailbreak your oven you can't play dreamcast games on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
enough about pick and having a loving conniption about goons posting about posts from Reddit that is literally the thread.