Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Best wipe ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I just had a long drawn out firefight in the storage area of customs. Inertia made it feel kind of wonky it but overall I thought it was fun having to put more thought into movement and positioning.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
The inertia changes seem really good yeah. I didn't think you really could get rid of jiggle peeking but they did it and it works without feeling like you're moving through molasses.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Why in the name of god would someone take a perfectly good mosin and saw the barrel off.

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

no one is voiping with me

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Why in the name of god would someone take a perfectly good mosin and saw the barrel off.

what if you're like, really really dumb. and hate yourself. and are russian.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

sum posted:

Anyone gotten any use out of VOIP yet?
First proper PMC run we had a friendly guy ask for a CMS kit, who then proceeded to tag along and befriend two more PMCs on the way to extract. loving extroverts ruining my games, I'm telling you.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

VOIP is everything I could have hoped for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43G8IdEXeYY

this is just what he had in his vest. two CarBatts in his backpack

DrPop fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Dec 13, 2021

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

what if you're like, really really dumb. and hate yourself. and are russian.

Or like, if you’re really really Russian and dumb. And also hate yourself. Then I can see it.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Were there changes to ragdoll physics at all? I killed a PMC and it looked like they stiffened up and fell backwards, never recall seeing rag dolls behave that way

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

It's funny loading in to woods and hearing like three landmines go off every raid. game is more fun when you can be a little predatory, those landmines are loving catnip for murderers

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Hooplah posted:

It's funny loading in to woods and hearing like three landmines go off every raid. game is more fun when you can be a little predatory, those landmines are loving catnip for murderers

The same happens on Lighthouse, if you hear the sniper shots going off constantly towards the end of the raid, its people running into the megasniper near the lighthouse

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

hello internet posted:

Were there changes to ragdoll physics at all? I killed a PMC and it looked like they stiffened up and fell backwards, never recall seeing rag dolls behave that way

I've been seeing this with scavs too, not sure if it's an intentional change or if things are just being a bit Tarkov. Argh, wish the game would let me in, I wanna play.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

DrPop posted:

Saying hello and being friendly is SO TOXIC

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Hooplah posted:

I hit one near the USEC camps and just felt shame, it's like the game is announcing your incompetence to the whole map.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

DrPop posted:

You should probably re-read the patch notes regarding the use of voip.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Nutsak posted:

No actually don't read them and just continue with your shenanigans. They have to test the report/ban system somehow.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

hello internet posted:

Why do you alt tab when you're about to fight someone

I actually alt tab in, because I'm alt tabbed playing another game while I wait to hear footsteps.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
Honestly it's peak tarkov, instead of all the traveling risking being shot by a guy in a place he shouldn't be or a super patient camper, you can be the threat of a bullshit death in a way that bypasses nearly all chance of someone killing you without you knowing they were there, plus you get the drop on them!

Exit camping factory was some of the most fun I've had playing this game.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

giZm posted:

No actually don't read them and just continue with your shenanigans. They have to test the report/ban system somehow.

Despite it being toxic, I really hope stuff like this isn't considered bannable because I think it feels better if you still can't be sure you can trust someone just because they talk to you

e: it would also open up new avenues of player interaction where you might recognize someone's voice so you can confirm shoot on sight if they trolled you before lol

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
More opportunities to get third partied as well, so I think that this is one of the inevitable consequences of voip BSG had to forsee. I thought the restrictions were for people who would spam their music or troll with game sounds instead of talking.

I doubt that baiting people into getting killed would be bannable.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Nutsak posted:

Nah

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Kikas posted:

I doubt that baiting people into getting killed would be bannable.

There is no possible way that could be considered bannable

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MCzsUIwIX0

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

hello internet posted:

There is no possible way that could be considered bannable

of course it could be, they can make the rules whatever they want lol

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
You are a giant loving baby if you want them to make lying on voip bannable, lmao. "The mean man on the internet trolled me, I trusted him and he shot me anyways!"

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

Perfection, This is Tarkov the way it was meant to be played.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Finally :allears:

Tarkov as it meant to be played.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Cage Kicker posted:

You are a giant loving baby if you want them to make lying on voip bannable, lmao. "The mean man on the internet trolled me, I trusted him and he shot me anyways!"

same

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

I must be confused. So I spawn in as a scav in the hotel/motel//holiday inn thing. I leave and go to the gas station and notice some scavs loving around yelling and shooting at what I thought was my direction. I duck into some trees because I thought there was a player. I leave my cover and one scav throws a grenade at me, yelling somehting in russian, then another one shoots me in the head.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I must be confused. So I spawn in as a scav in the hotel/motel//holiday inn thing. I leave and go to the gas station and notice some scavs loving around yelling and shooting at what I thought was my direction. I duck into some trees because I thought there was a player. I leave my cover and one scav throws a grenade at me, yelling somehting in russian, then another one shoots me in the head.

Welcome to Tarkov

Sounds like you stumbled upon a scav boss

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

That’s Reshala and his boys. IIRC if your karma is low enough they’ll warn you to go away before unloading.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Bussamove posted:

That’s Reshala and his boys. IIRC if your karma is low enough they’ll warn you to go away before unloading.

in russian, naturally.

snooch, basically scavs sound kinda weaker/higher pitched and the bosses/their minions and raiders sound deeper and more macho. if you hear a beefy russian dude yelling and he looks more kitted than a scav gtfo.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I remember when I first learned that being a scav doesn't make you friendly to bosses. I walked up to Killa on Interchange to check him out. Wasn't expecting trouble and peed a little when he opened up on me.

That is the only time in my Tarkov career that I have seen Killa alive.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I don't like this Karma system, I can barely tell people apart as is and a scav/BEAR whatever looks the same to me as a moving object in a bush 200 yards away or whatever.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

In my scav game just now I was chillin trying to fix my windows and a scav ran up to me and stared at me. I q'd and e'd bc he seemed like a player staring at me. Then he shot me and I shot him in the head. who loses karma here?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

should be him since he was the aggressor, you should gain more karma for killing a bad scav

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

In my scav game just now I was chillin trying to fix my windows and a scav ran up to me and stared at me. I q'd and e'd bc he seemed like a player staring at me. Then he shot me and I shot him in the head. who loses karma here?

Nobody because he didn't kill you and you had return fire permissions.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
As a scav you basically just never shoot at anyone unless you're 200% certain it's a PMC, probably because they have already sent a hail of bullets towards you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

sorry that I'm like 1/3 of the posts in this thread asking stupid questions... I have no idea what I'm doing. Are one of these people bosses? I lit a dude up in the gas station like, right in the face and he didnt die. I reloaded and did it again and then he did die.