Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I want a sweet rear end hotrod oven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Mx. posted:

Brother's girlfriend thinks I bullied her in high school. I don't remember her, and her story seems... off... but I can't come to Christmas unless I apologise.

This one is really hosed up and I can't wait for an update. I feel like the OP is getting heavily gaslit. But honestly who tf knows.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I wanna know what the "upgrades" were cause like, OK with a gas oven I can see how you could gently caress with the regulator to turn it into a bomb but if this man can really make an electric burner do this instead of just trip a breaker his genius is sorely needed at ACME

There are some weirdos who mod their ovens to run the self clean cycle, but leaves the door unlocked.

This is for pizza reasons.

Eletriarnation
Apr 6, 2005

People don't appreciate the substance of things...
objects in space.

Oven Wrangler

QuarkJets posted:

That's what I mean by "misinterpreted"; the seamstress or the OP may have misunderstood what the contract actually says.

Since OP says that they have a lawyer who believes there's a case I assume that their interpretation of the contract is probably more correct, though I guess that could be a really optimistic reading of the lawyer saying "I'll give it a shot if you pay me up front."

If the seamstress is misunderstanding the contract, the C&D will be a perfect opportunity to get her own lawyer to check over it if she cares that much and (if she's in violation) to rectify her mistake without having to actually get sued.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
I’m here for the comedy ending where the seamstress’s lawyer successfully C&Ds the bride from ever wearing the dress in public.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah like any building is a "collaboration" between various designers and the developer. An architecture firm will produce the plans and the developer builds the building. That developer can't then recycle those plans over unless it was specified in the contract. If you are purchasing plans with the goal of mass-production rather than a one-off that would be a different sort of contract.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

/r/relationships: And before you go any further, I don't have a "learning disorder."

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Nooner posted:

And you won't even have to paint on the flames!

My boyfriend (26M) told me (24F) that he doesn’t feel emotionally connected to me if I don’t keep him s*xually satisfied.

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been dating for over a year now and we’ve lived together with his mom for about half of that time. We have a recurring issue where his “desire” is much more elevated than mine and I rarely get in the mood. He told me the last time we had this conversation that he is incapable of feeling any other emotion or connection to me if I haven’t serviced him recently. He said that if that need isn’t met, he just goes into “douche mode” where his primal instinct is all he can think about. He says it’s just a man thing but he’s the only man I’ve ever dated and I have never been friends with straight man, so I don’t have any way to know for sure. Any advice?

Edit: thank you to everyone who comments!! it is helpful getting third party opinions on this.
In comments: he's also told her he cheats when he isn't satisfied.

AITA for refusing to follow my MIL’s rules when I am in their house ?

quote:

Me (20F) and my boyfriend (21M) have been together for 2.5 years. We both currently live in Paris. He is American but he came to France for his studies and decided to stay. We have moved in together six month ago and everything is going great.

Because of covid, I never really got the chance to go to the US and meet is parents. But since it is now possible, he really wanted me to go with him and visit them. I was more than happy to go because obviously it is very important for him.

When I met them they were very welcoming and at first we got along great. But then I was kind of confused/upset by their behaviour. I knew his parents are religious, and it’s more than ok with me even if I am not. I don’t think I was expecting that. During our first meal, they then asked me if I knew any prayer and I said no. His mother then told me « it’s the least you could know » and I was like wtf « sorry but I don’t believe in god ».

Later she was showing me my room and his mother said that we will sleep in different room because it was « more appropriate ». I have never seen an adult couple sleeping separately. We live together so like why would she care? Since it seems that the issue was about sex I tried to reassure her by making a joke and she looked so offended by the fact that I had implied we were having sex, I felt like I had insulted her even though we are both adults. Long story short I tried to convince her gently to let me sleep in the same room than him but I let it go since it was going nowhere. I wasn’t happy to spend our vacation together in different rooms.

The last issue that really pushed me to stop accepting her behaviour when she said that they would buy desert after going to church. I was like « oh nice, maybe I could help by cooking the meal, while you are at church ». She was shocked and told me they expected me to go with them to church. I said no, that i didn’t want to go because I don’t believe in god so It makes me uncomfortable. She was very upsted and tried to make me change my mind but I stood my ground and said that I would not go.

After this, my boyfriend said that I was not respecting them. I told him that I was 100% respecting their beliefs but she was the one not respecting mine. Honestly I was a bit upset by his behaviour because while I agree me and his mother might see things differently, I think it is healthy to explain to talk about why I disagree with calm and respect. He insisted that I was wrong by not accepting their rules.

I though about it and I am ready to see if maybe I was the rear end in a top hat?

Sadly, the top vote is ESH because OP dared to question the no-sex rule before obeying it.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 13, 2021

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

axolotl farmer posted:

There are some weirdos who mod their ovens to run the self clean cycle, but leaves the door unlocked.

didn't know they made ovens that locked for that, good on them striking a blow for freedom and idiocy

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nooner posted:

He said "Son you're gonna drive me to drinking
If you don't stop grilling on that hot rod Lincoln"

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

axolotl farmer posted:

Cowards for locking it. My old oven had a picture of a pizza right beside the pyrolytic cleaning function.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
My spouse accidentally knocked a pizza down to the bottom of the oven and we had to run the cleaning cycle to get rid of it all. The oven giveth, and the oven taketh away.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
A story in several parts (if it's not obvious, all posts/comments are same user):'

Posted 4 months ago:
The end of a relationship with a narcissist

quote:

My incredibly toxic, abusive marriage with my narcissist has finally ended and he's suddenly become a complete and total stranger to me. The things he says and the way he glares at me with venom are unlike anything I've ever seen before. Then of course, he can spew unlimited venom and hatred at me but if I say something like "let's work together to figure these things out", I'm being "mean and uncooperative". It all made me wonder this: when your relationship ended, did they act like a complete stranger? Did you wonder if the entire relationship was a lie? I was wondering if this is a narcissist thing

Posted 3 days ago:
Can I get rabies from another person?

quote:

This is probably one of the stupidest questions I'll ever have to ask. My husband got attacked by a raccoon and refuses to get rabies shots.

Can I get rabies from him if he were to be infected?

quote:

He's a complete idiot and told me he doesn't believe rabies is real. I'm currently trying to decide how to deal with such a stupid scenario.

quote:

In the last two years, he decided he doesn't believe in science anymore but at least when it comes to our kids he follows whatever advice his sister (a dr) gives him. Still I don't want to risk our kids getting rabies by kissing him or something

quote:

Our dog barked at the racoon, which caused it to bite the dog and my husband to intervene and get attacked. I'm hoping it was scared and not rabid, but our dog is currently at the vet getting shots and treatment and I guess I'm going to see if my husband survives this? And yep, no life insurance! My mind is blown with how avoidable and dumb this is.

quote:

He's pretty committed to this delusion unfortunately and believes anything about rabies is "fake news". Why did he choose rabies to not believe in out of all the others, I have no idea. I hope for his sake he snaps out of it

So yeah, when asked about leaving him 4 months ago:

quote:

Thank you. We got back together for the kids but he's so narcissistic now that he thinks he's above rabies.

In case you're wondering...yes, he is a covid denier, too:

quote:

He refuses to believe in Covid too, despite his family member dying from it. He's one of the ones who proudly wore his mask on his chin or forehead. I'm hoping someone can talk some sense into him.

quote:

He was bitten. Our dog was so badly injured that he needed anesthesia for the procedure and has to be kept until tomorrow and my husband should probably get stitches but won't. I think if there's ever a chance of contracting rabies it would be from a bite like this

quote:

My dog's leg was torn open so he sprayed peroxide and duct taped the wound together. He did the same to his own wound. Dog ended up needing to have everything repaired and husband probably also needs stitches but is obviously refusing.

quote:

Oh yes. And I didn't realize the two were linked until last night when he began announcing that he refuses to let them microchip him (vaccinate) for a made up disease (rabies) and that diseases are fear tactics to control the masses. I don't understand how someone can believe that but here we are.

Posted 2 days ago:
I realized yesterday that my husband has been lost to QAnon:

quote:

During this past year, my husband went from a reasonable, smart man to talking about government conspiracies and being a part of an organization that was going to take over the world. At first, I really thought he might have been on something or having a mental breakdown because it was so out of character.

He has spouted all these different things that I didn't even realize were QAnon until very recently. He began to hate me for not supporting Trump or for believing in COVID and seeing anyone who believes in science as anything "us vs them". He goes on and on about how democrats are actually a secret pedophilia organization who's main plan is to enslave everyone. It's like all logic, sensibility, and reasoning just abandoned him.

It has been the most confusing year of my life to see someone's entire personality change before your eyes. I have another post up over just how serious his views have become, but I've been googling QAnon since yesterday and I am completely blown away to read similar stories and how other people went through such dramatic changes as well during this.

I guess I'm glad to find I'm not alone but deeply disturbed that there's little hope for him coming back to sensibility.

quote:

His skin was bitten into, there was a lot of blood. I feel like his exposure risk is very high. And, he just... does not care at all. He's convinced its not real, therefore it can't hurt us. He also refuses to leave since there's no risk of anything because rabies doesn't exist. He thinks me being upset about it is funny and keeps going "ohhhh, watch out, I'm rabid!" And the worst part is this idiot had no problem taking ivermectin to ward off covid but won't get a rabies shot because "if the government wants you to get it then its bad".

The person from the CDC office I spoke with didn't advise us to get pre-exposure vaccinations which kind of makes me nervous because he absolutely won't get them. But the local authorities will be most likely contacting me to see if he changed his mind.

I showed him the threads with everyone's advice, and he's proud of everyone calling him stupid because he's convinced he's going to prove us all wrong. I'm just so... ugh. I wish they could force him into quarantine. I appreciate everyone's advice. I hope he doesn't end up on the news from dying of rabies.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

Arsenic Lupin posted:

My boyfriend (26M) told me (24F) that he doesn’t feel emotionally connected to me if I don’t keep him s*xually satisfied.

sever, because boyfriend is an rear end in a top hat, but also if someone is an adult and self-censors the word "sexually" don't loving date that person because they're grossly immature.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

kntfkr posted:

anything at waist level will be broken by the toddler

Maybe the slow ones, but most will have figured out how to climb, make steps, and otherwise extend the range of destruction by that age. Many a time have I come into a room and seen a toddler happily sitting on top of a bookshelf, a pile of books beneath their dangling feet.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

Beachcomber posted:

Did he pass out, or...? Did they need to strap him down?

I assume they needed to strap him down, but I did not ask any details. I really didn't want to know.

The Lone Badger posted:

What about argon?

Again, no clue. I do know that the surgery hosed him up, because of the pain afterwards and because he refused to take anything stronger than ibuprofen. (Also because he kept ignoring his new limits, even after being told that he could not lift anything over 10 pounds, and split his scar open at least once, maybe twice.)

Hughlander posted:

Well we did accuse someone yesterday of getting their neck fused by a quack for fun...

Not "for fun", but because she wouldn't accept "this is badly managed anxiety" and kept searching for someone who would tell her there was a physical cause and not just her brain being an rear end in a top hat.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

QuarkJets posted:

"I posted a threatening rant about this specific person ANONYMOUSLY, how could anyone possibly trace this back to me: her terminally online harasser?"

Comment and response on the post:

Commenter posted:

Combo between this post and that one, yikes he sounds scary. As a female, ya I'd blocked him too.

OP's response posted:

Id like a female’s perspective: why?
Wisely, no answer.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Checking in to see if that one goon died from eating a raw potato after I mentioned liking them.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

DrBouvenstein posted:

A story in several parts (if it's not obvious, all posts/comments are same user):'

Posted 4 months ago:

Posted 3 days ago:

Posted 2 days ago:

if this guy caught rabies how would you be able to tell

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

A quick lol

quote:

Should I just meet other guys and not tell him about it or just tell him that I will be doing it whether he likes it or not since he has made himself unavailable?

:boom:

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Can't imagine why this guy has suicidal thoughts when he's with such a ride or die confidant.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

sullat posted:

Maybe the slow ones, but most will have figured out how to climb, make steps, and otherwise extend the range of destruction by that age. Many a time have I come into a room and seen a toddler happily sitting on top of a bookshelf, a pile of books beneath their dangling feet.

i am currently rescuing all glass ornaments at my parents house

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

if this guy caught rabies how would you be able to tell

I believe some of the first symptoms would be a tingling or numbness in the limb the was bit.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for not being sorry that I didn’t believe my daughter’s knee was hurting?

quote:

I have a 15 year old daughter, and my husband is currently out of town. I have a lot of projects that need to be done in my yard, and I really needed her help.

On Friday, she told me her knee was hurting after her run, and she was limping. I told her “it’s funny how your body always seems to malfunction when I need your help. You can just stay in bed all day if you want” — because it’s true. She has a history of feigning ailments in order to get out of things she doesn’t want to do. She hasn’t done it much since she was around 9, but I still have trouble trusting her when she says something is wrong.

She said she would help me, and I told her we could take her to the emergency room if her knee still hurt by the time the yard work was done. We worked the whole weekend, and she complained a lot, but I was almost certain that she would magically be better by the end of the weekend. This morning though, she said her knee was hurting badly and she could hardly walk… so I took her to the emergency room. It turns out she sprained her knee. I had told her to tell them that it only started hurting today, but she said it started hurting Friday, and I was questioned. Fortunately, nothing bad happened, but they said that due to how much she’s had to use her knee after it was injured, it will take longer to recover.

I decided to keep her home from school today, because I don’t necessarily want her telling people that I had her doing work when she told me her knee hurt. They wouldn’t be getting the full story or context, and she has a tendency to exaggerate when I do something wrong.

I do feel slightly guilty, but I told her that this wouldn’t have gotten to the point it did had she not had this history of lying. She is pissed at me; she told me that she was in terrible pain all weekend, and that she couldn’t believe I didn’t trust her. She doesn’t seem very interested in talking to me, but I feel like this is partially her fault for creating a situation in which I couldn’t trust her.

AITA for not wanting to apologize?

guillotine

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

I believe some of the first symptoms would be a tingling or numbness in the limb the was bit.

I'm not sure if this is a shitpost or not, but tingling or numbness is gonna be difficult to discern from any other infection and if you are experiencing symptoms of rabies without any treatment it's already too late to do anything about it.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mx. posted:

AITA for not being sorry that I didn’t believe my daughter’s knee was hurting?

guillotine

Hey, it's my mom!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for wishing my husband would get me a Christmas gift?

quote:

I don't know if I am being materialistic, my husband says I am so I want to post here and get some objective judgments.

With Christmas coming up, I did want a gift from my husband, mainly for the symbolism like the thought of getting a Christmas gift, I know he doesn't have much money because he's very reluctant to work and skips going to his part time job most of the time, so I told him it could be something small, like a little stuffed animal or a keychain or even a Christmas card, but today he told me he doesn't have money and won't have any until next year because he spent his last money on a video game he had been wanting.

He says I am materialistic for wanting a gift (even though he asked for several things which I already bought) and that Christmas should be about time with family instead of material things so I do feel guilty and like maybe I am wrong but I'm not sure.

If it matters I pay all the bills and living costs so it's not that I've ever asked for anything (he did get me a card on my birthday when I asked him to) so I don't think I'm that materialistic but I do feel a bit bad so is it unreasonable for me to want a Christmas gift given that it would be really cheap or is it a reasonable desire?

quote:

No, he doesn't like going to the store, says it's boring, doesn't want to learn to cook and doesn't like cleaning so I just take care of all the chores. He chooses the shows he wants to watch. He is nice to me thoughexcept when he's grumpy.

get a new husband for xmas

quote:

My friends say if I was a better wife, he'd want to provide for the family.

and new friends

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Mx. posted:

AITA for wishing my husband would get me a Christmas gift?

get a new husband for xmas

and new friends

My friend is in a marriage like this, where her husband has never once gotten her a birthday or holiday gift, but expects them for himself of course. She just writes it off that it's something he does.

I have to say, after reading so many of these fail stories, it seems like you really don't have to do much if you're a straight guy to get a girl, or a bangmaid. Just find one with less than half self-esteem, and you're pretty much set until she posts on reddit, not even then sometimes..

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

I have to say, after reading so many of these fail stories, it seems like you really don't have to do much if you're a straight guy to get a girl, or a bangmaid. Just find one with less than half self-esteem, and you're pretty much set until she posts on reddit, not even then sometimes..

What if I despise myself too much to want to inflict myself on someone else?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cowslips Warren posted:

My friend is in a marriage like this, where her husband has never once gotten her a birthday or holiday gift, but expects them for himself of course. She just writes it off that it's something he does.

You have just discovered the entire basis of the pick up artist community. They make whole rear end books that basically boil down to "find a girl with low self esteem and confidence and use that to make her do what you want. Anyone with even an iota of a spine won't do." And then they'll pitch fits about how societies that have cultures where women aren't entirely, systematically, ground into the ground are horrible places where men have no rights and are oppressed.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Midnight Voyager posted:

Hey, it's my mom!

lol same

"Your leg only hurts all the time because you keep walking on it funny!" surprise bitch now you got a teenager with arthritis

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 14, 2021

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Fatty posted:

Wow, this was a rabbithole.

Man, YoungQuahogMoney is a complete horrorshow

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

What if I despise myself too much to want to inflict myself on someone else?

You have to aim higher than that.

AITA Christmas Gifts

quote:

I adopted a family for Xmas. Two kids in around 8. Their list isn't very long; iPhone 13 max, ps5, the new Xbox, tvs for each of them, and a professional grade scooter (is that a thing?).

I can’t afford this for my own kid, but I also want to provide them with a nice holiday. AITA?

I would say this is fake, but....years ago my work adopted a family, a single mom with 4 kids. When we got the list of what they needed, all of us were laughing, because 4 kids, I was thinking at most 16 and younger. Kids were 19, 18, 17, and 16. They each wanted cell phones and accessories, Nike sneakers, some Sephora gift cards, etc. I remember telling my boss I'd get some dishes the mom asked for, but loving hell I wasn't buying a 19 year old the new iPhone.

AITA for not letting my kid be baptized?

quote:

To start, I grew up as the eldest daughter in a Quiverfull cult family, so when I say that I’m done with overbearing Christianity, I am suuuuuper done. I’m agnostic and am not that fussed about religion as long as people leave me alone. My husband and I bonded over that because his parents are Very Catholic and we had the shared experience of growing up in large families and deconstructing religious upbringings, so we’ve always had the understanding that religion was not going to be part of our life together other than very occasional family functions. I set boundaries with his parents about what I will and won’t tolerate and we had a stable detente until earlier this year.

While I was still pregnant with our son, I was in a really bad car accident. They almost lost both of us and our son was born very premature. He’s healthy and fine now and I will eventually recover fully, but it was hell on my husband sitting in a hospital for days wondering if we were going to pull through. He claims he had a religious experience while he was waiting and that he promised to return to the Church if God would save both of us. Since we survived, has become a practicing Catholic again. I can’t blame him for falling prey to religious thinking at a time like that, but I do not want that energy in my life at all so for me it was like waking up to a different man on top of a premie and serious injuries.

There’s been a string of arguments and problems since. I don’t really care what he does in private, but I won’t participate or discuss his beliefs. The real battle has been over baptizing our son, though. I’m adamantly against it or involving any children we have in religious practices until they’re old enough to make an informed choice. We agreed before we were married that we wouldn’t let his parents guilt us into having our kids baptized. He says he has a duty now to at least try and raise his kids Catholic and this is the least thing I can let him have. I think it would just turn into more pressure later, so I’ve said no and our son can get baptized and go through conversion as a teen if he wants it and I’ll support his choice as long as it’s his choice.

My husband had planned to take our son over to his parents for an afternoon so I could rest, but his mother spilled the beans on a family group chat (she opened the wrong messenger convo by accident) about it actually being a planned baptism. I hit the roof. He acknowledges now that hiding it was wrong, but he thinks he should be allowed to raise his kid however he wants. I reminded him that we married with the understanding that we were on the same page and he’s going back on that, so this is a dealbreaker if he keeps it up.

He’s not a bad husband or father but this is trigger city for me and I’m not sure how rational my feelings are.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 14, 2021

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
turns out when you care about other people you don't want a bang maid, who knew

AITA for giving my coworker a fantasy novel for Secret Santa to try to broaden her horizons?

quote:

For Secret Santa I got Sara, who put down a bunch of books that she wanted as well as other things like socks, tea, and candy. I was a little disappointed to be honest, because I really like to shop for people and give really cool gifts and these were just blah things.

When I looked up all the books to get her I found out that they were all romance novels. I felt kinda cringe buying her romance novels so I looked at the common themes and found a really good fantasy novel to buy her instead called Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson. It has a romance in it too. I figure if she likes to read then she’d be happy to broaden her horizons and branch out. I also got her some Baby Yoda socks to go with it because who doesn’t like Baby Yoda and some Bigelow tea that looked good.

We did the exchange this morning and she looked visibly confused when she opened hers. She changed her face to be surprised/happy but this really bothered me. In the break room later I heard her talking and complaining saying she didn’t get why someone got her these things. The other person said “they probably were upset they got a woman instead of a man.” Which I thought was rude (I’m a woman too I’m just not a “Pumpkin Spice Latte and Hallmark” woman). Then after I saw her give the socks to someone else saying they could have them for their kid!

I was honestly really bothered by this. I put thought and effort into a gift. AITA for getting her something to branch out of the hum drum romance genre and Baby Yoda socks? I thought EVERYONE liked baby Yoda.

EDIT: For those trying to make this into me being a "pickme" first of all, don't be misogynistic. Second of all she wasn't talking about $5 Harlequin romances on her list. Her list had the following books:

Beach Read by Emily Henry
The People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry
In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren
The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren

So there aren't traditional romance novels. They were normal enough to make me think that branching out was fine.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chloe Jessica posted:

AITA for giving my coworker a fantasy novel for Secret Santa to try to broaden her horizons?

I put thought and effort into a gift.

no, you didn't

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Man, YoungQuahogMoney is a complete horrorshow

Yeah, he really shouldn't be allowed in society.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Chloe Jessica posted:

I was coming in to post that. I'm not LIKE other girls, and she shouldn't be, either.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

Posted 4 months ago:

Posted 3 days ago:

Posted 2 days ago:

Since the racoon was defending itself from a dog when this absolute moron stuck his arm into the fight there's a pretty good chance it wasn't rabid, so idiot-germ-theory-disbeliever will just end up being obnoxiously smug and even more set in his beliefs when his brain doesn't swell up and kill him.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

AITA for snapping when I found out that a guy saw my girlfriend naked?

quote:

My(25M) girl Lydia(23F), lives with a roommate who has a boyfriend, Jeff. We gathered at their place last friday for pizza. After a while Jeff asks Lydia if she is still scared of being here alone the nights the roommate goes over to his place and I can't come. Lydia has always had trouble with being alone at night and most nights I stay on facetime with her till she falls asleep so she feels safer. The roommate laughs and says that if she hears a noise in the bathroom at least it will be a ghost and not her locked in passed out. Lydia just mouths "explain later" to me.

When we get to Lydia's room I ask her to explain and she tells me that this afternoon she wasn't feeling good and ended up fainting in the shower, so Jeff had to break to door to roommate get in and help her. She said that she already felt better and didn't wanted to tell me because I was going to be worried about nothing. I said that it wasn't nothing if she had fainted and that I should be aware of these things to help her. She said that now it would be just a funny story about how Jeff broke the door and roommate had to cover her with a towel so they could come to the rescue of her naked body.

That moment I saw red. I asked if Jeff had seen her naked and she said she couldn't be sure since she was unconscious but roommate said that he stood out of the bathroom until she was covered. I asked if Lydia thought it was fair to me not to know that another guy had seen her naked and she said he didn't actually saw her naked and that it shouldn't matter since he was only helping. I shouted that she just said that she was unconscious and couldn't know if he saw her. She told me to be quiet or they would hear me and I shouted that I didn't care, that a man just saw my gf body's and I had a right to be mad. Jeff and roommate come in then and explain that he never saw anything, he just broke the lock and waited outside until roommate gave him a clear. I said that I didn't believe him and roommate jumped to his defense saying she was right there making sure the situation wasn't embarrassing so they could take proper care of Lydia without her felling weird. I said that if she was a cuckold I wouldn't be. Jeff then shouted at me saying I should respect his girlfriend and mine, who had spent a whole day saying that she was fine but still looked a bit pale. He said that he only did it because he cared about Lydia, that I was an rear end in a top hat who didn't deserve any type of help. Hearing him say he cared about her was it for me, I left without as much as looking at Lydia as she begged not to go.

Over the weekend Lydia had to be admitted to a hospital as she didn't felt good again and Jeff and roommate prohibited me from seeing her, saying I didn't deserve her. Obviously the whole hospital thing sucks and I wish I was there for her but I still think I was right. At this point I'm not mad at Lydia anymore, just at Jeff.

AITA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for snapping when I found out that a guy saw my girlfriend naked?

he should probably go pick a fight with this guy and get his rear end kicked