Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Gandalf21 posted:

Is it overthinking it to play Taysom Hill instead of Dak this week at QB?

I am doing just this. I need to swing for the fences this week, and while Hill is risky so is Dak this season (let's not forget his recent stinkers against KC and NO).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Freezer posted:

I am doing just this. I need to swing for the fences this week, and while Hill is risky so is Dak this season (let's not forget his recent stinkers against KC and NO).

I would play Dak. Don't sit your studs and Hill is hurt.

How do people feel about Hilliard this week?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Pollard is out. Thank God.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
JD Mckissic out as well. Gimme dat Gibson Game

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Pollard is out. Thank God.

gently caress me. Opponent has zeke and I have pollard, i put in a bid for Michel and lost by 3 bucks, other rbs are CEH (starting), Swift, and Henderson

At least playoffs is cinched

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Three leagues. Three ghost ship opponents. I need the charity in two of them.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

shirts and skins posted:

Welp

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

Whomp whomp

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

mcmagic posted:

I would play Dak. Don't sit your studs and Hill is hurt.

How do people feel about Hilliard this week?

Played Hill. Dak ain't no stud.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dak is going to cost me both seasons at this rate. :rip:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
[David S Pumpkins skit voice] why did you guys go all in on WFT??

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction
Also played Taysom Hill over Dak this week, it took until almost the end of the game but it paid off :cheers: to all who did the same. It felt good to YOLO it, I've held onto guys longer than I should, or been late to act on hunches about breakout players this year. At the start of the season I drafted Dak thinking he might be about on par with the consensus top-4 guys, but no.

Freezer posted:

Played Hill. Dak ain't no stud.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

DeepDickPizza posted:

For real. I'm playing for the division title and a first round bye, and missing half my impact players due to a combo of injuries and the bye week.

EDIT: lol, I even posted this before I saw the Henderson news. Yeah, better get my team ready for the first round next week.

Good lord. It somehow got even worse. In a superflex dynasty with deep benches this is what I was working with:

McKissic, Henderson, Swift, Thielen, Pollard, all injured/COVID.

Tua, Hurts, Taylor, Gainwell, on BYE.

I was forced to just roll with a zero in one slot and hope my team heals up for next week. Will probably only lose by about 20 points with that donut and Mike Glennon and Ronald Jones forced into extreme emergency duty. Oof.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is it acceptable to panic over McLaurin now

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RCarr posted:

Is it acceptable to panic over James RB1son now

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

RCarr posted:

Yes. He was serviceable when I needed him but I’m very glad I managed to luck out with Evans and Deebo. It’s such a shame that Fitz went down because Terry really does have serious talent, he just gets horrendous lob passes from Heinicke and then gets rocked by a defender.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Robinson is basically unstartable now.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

RCarr posted:

His bagel yesterday hosed me bad. Ugh.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

His bagel yesterday hosed me bad. Ugh.

Yea it almost cost me a playoff spot. Luckily the guy behind me lost his matchup as well, so I snuck in.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm probably going to lose tonight but I'll make the playoffs anyway.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Up by 50 with my opponent's Stafford and Kupp tonight. 0.5 PPT but I still feel like I could miss the playoffs :(

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

RCarr posted:

4 weeks ago I traded Fournette (and some handcuff) for Henderson and McLaurin thinking I got a steal.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

freeman posted:

4 weeks ago I traded Fournette (and some handcuff) for Henderson and McLaurin thinking I got a steal.

I traded Jamar Chase when he was only getting 4 targets a game for Chase Edmonds who “was due for positive TD regression” and Patterson and Cooper for Hopkins. Both times thinking I was real loving clever.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

I picked up Patterson in week 2 waivers and traded Diggs for Ekeler in week 2 after my rb depth disappeared with Gus Edwards and Mostert getting injured a day after the draft and week 1 respectively. Without these two I'd probably be in last place as opposed to first in my league. Hunter Renfrow was another pickup that turned out great as well but I forgot how I ended up getting him.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Man i traded Godwin for Swift and was able to get about 2 points out of him before he died. Now i get the added bonus of facing Godwin this week and getting knocked out of the playoffs by him. Fantasy god over here giving me a swirly

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Good moves: drafting Kupp, trading Hopkins before his injury for Henderson, picking up CEH from the WW when he was injured.
Bad moves: Ignoring Renfrow on the WW, dropping Miles Sanders when he went to IR (to keep stashing Jeff W.)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My teams are finally winning. Knock on wood

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

kiimo posted:

My teams are finally winning. Knock on wood

Same! They started winning handily once I was officially out of the playoff race lol.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I traded Fournette and Cooks for Keenan Allen a few weeks ago. It hasn't been IDEAL since Lenny has gone on a tear, but I still think it could be good for me since Cooks was my WR2 (after Kupp) and I've got good RB depth.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
if you're starting higbee uhhh good luck!

https://twitter.com/LATimesklein/status/1470492662713171980

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
LOL, Higbee was the last minute replacement I picked up to replace Hockenson. I don't see any tight ends available in my league. Guess I get a zero this week for tight end. Lovely.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I was! Even if I had a playable backup, I'm over the roster limit and unable to edit my lineup anyway

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
If you need TE points just dump Higbee for Kendall Blanton and pray (unless roster-locked).

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I need the Rams defense to NOT outscore van Jefferson by 8.12 points in order for one of my teams to make playoffs.

*tugs collar*

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Dango Bango posted:

Same! They started winning handily once I was officially out of the playoff race lol.

Opposite for me!

My playoff-bound teams were winning and suddenly suck massively just in time for the playoffs to start!

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Poque posted:

If you need TE points just dump Higbee for Kendall Blanton and pray (unless roster-locked).

I'm just going to punt on the position this week. It's a meaningless game that I'm guaranteed to lose now anyway.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I legit hope Eartz goes off and I get wrecked by a guy who quit in week 8.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I need the Rams defense to NOT outscore van Jefferson by 8.12 points in order for one of my teams to make playoffs.

*tugs collar*
I need Van Jefferson to score 16 points to get a better draft pick in dynasty next year :shepicide:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It’s gonna suck when millions of people lose their fantasy playoffs due to COVID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What happened to the football bingo for charity thing? Did it never come back?